Jump to content
policenitro

Cannot get any of my friends to play because of pub stomping vets

Recommended Posts

I might get hate for this post but this is a huge problem and likely kills any prospects of this game getting more players. Ive tried to get many friends into this game only for all of them to not last a week due to seal clubbing premade groups of veterans ruining the gameplay in even bronze districts. Its impossible for my friends to compete in a BRONZE district against level 195 players with rockets and a full arsenal of the top guns at their disposal, not to mention the skill disparity at display.  None of my friends felt the game respected them as they had no chance to learn or get good, just keep losing missions and losing money as a result. And to the people who will say to this post to just get good, maybe you should be helping new players get good, or if youre a pub stomping gold yourself, I would be surprised if you cared.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing will be done.

At this point all eggs are in the phasing basket it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Nothing will be done.

At this point all eggs are in the phasing basket it seems.

I think this problem can be solved with community outreach, im not the best myself and cant really help my friends get to a comfortable level against people I cant even face, but I believe if the community worked to mentor new players then retention would be better, I see such happening in other communities like planetside, eve online, warframe, and star wars the old republic. Early community outreach and giving back to less skilled players is a more effective solution in my opinion than bans or such.

Edited by policenitro
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, policenitro said:

I think this problem can be solved with community outreach, im not the best myself and cant really help my friends get to a comfortable level against people I cant even face, but I believe if the community worked to mentor new players then retention would be better, I see such happening in other communities like planetside, eve online, warframe, and star wars the old republic. Early community outreach and giving back to less skilled players is a more effective solution in my opinion than bans or such.

We used to have several programs that did so, but I think SPCM? disbanded? (correct me if I'm wrong) and most "Vet's" don't care enough to mentor new players to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, policenitro said:

I might get hate for this post but this is a huge problem and likely kills any prospects of this game getting more players. Ive tried to get many friends into this game only for all of them to not last a week due to seal clubbing premade groups of veterans ruining the gameplay in even bronze districts. Its impossible for my friends to compete in a BRONZE district against level 195 players with rockets and a full arsenal of the top guns at their disposal, not to mention the skill disparity at display.  None of my friends felt the game respected them as they had no chance to learn or get good, just keep losing missions and losing money as a result. And to the people who will say to this post to just get good, maybe you should be helping new players get good, or if youre a pub stomping gold yourself, I would be surprised if you cared.

That sucks, man. I can definitely relate to this; I've tried to get a couple of friends to start playing the game, and one in particular was interested in it only for the customization, but he hated playing the actual game b/c of the many tryhard premade vet groups that we'd get matched against. Like I get that my threat level is likely why he was getting matched up against them, but the most he should have to deal with is 1 tryhard vet.

 

Whenever the matchmaking fails to match fairly, and I get put against silvers, I usually go easy on them and sometimes give them the win just to keep it fair. I wish more vet groups would do the same, but unfortunately most of the veteran part of this community struggles with huge egos.

 

I'd definitely recommend trying to get them to try the game when the matchmaking improves, cause at this point in time, it is impossible to come into the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome to apb, I can say everyone who was new went through the same sh*t as u did, you get disrespected, trashed talk by randoms its part of the apb experience but some of us progress a lot quicker and learned from others faster, but not everyone is given the opportunity to learn from someone that is willing to help. I learn't from my rl friend who got me into this game back in 2011, that pretty much got me started and met new people in game from friends.

 

if u think the bronze district pre-made was tough, wait till you vs the pre made golds that don't play on bronze because the difference is high rank players who still play on bronze are not great and tend to face noobs so they don't get stomp by better players, so your pretty much facing noobs but better gear which still be able to counter with stock weapons.  if its still impossible I assume your friends are playing on sub 40 fps then there's nothing u can do, or new to shooters it will take a while. 

 

 

I already taught many players.  

 

 

Edited by Deadliest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotten some people to play on here before just most of them tend to leave due to performance or technical related issues... Which I cant blame them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

I have taught many already.

 

if your new to shooters it will take a while. 

Complicated ask, but could you possibly help train me, at least enough soo I can try and equip new players with similar skills, more or less as an instructor and not just another player.

41 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

That sucks, man. I can definitely relate to this; I've tried to get a couple of friends to start playing the game, and one in particular was interested in it only for the customization, but he hated playing the actual game b/c of the many tryhard premade vet groups that we'd get matched against. Like I get that my threat level is likely why he was getting matched up against them, but the most he should have to deal with is 1 tryhard vet.

 

Whenever the matchmaking fails to match fairly, and I get put against silvers, I usually go easy on them and sometimes give them the win just to keep it fair. I wish more vet groups would do the same, but unfortunately most of the veteran part of this community struggles with huge egos.

 

I'd definitely recommend trying to get them to try the game when the matchmaking improves, cause at this point in time, it is impossible to come into the game.

Exactly its sad that people need to go hard on noobs to make themselves feel better, like whats the reason to use rockets on trainees and bronze, as a dethreated gold? No one learns anything from a blowout and only leaves one side tilted. Such would be fixed in matchmaking if it was even a thing atm. Big thing they need to get right is also take into account rank and weapon availability.

Edited by policenitro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, policenitro said:

Complicated ask, but could you possibly help train me, at least enough soo I can try and equip new players with similar skills, more or less as an instructor and not just another player.

sorry don't have time, I'm sure the people who still stream apb on twitch will help you. 

 

Edited by Deadliest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deadliest said:

sorry don't have time, I'm sure the people who still stream apb on twitch will help you. 

 

no worries, and i havent found many streamers, content in general on this game is like half a decade old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Story of APB. A not so good veteran player gets matched against a bad new player, who just started playing the game. The veteran pulverize him, not holding back even for a second. What he does next is too boost his ego even more, he takes a screenshot of the scoreboard and uploads it on steam..typing bellow it ezy game. Later on the same player gets matched against a lot better opponents than he is. In the end he doesn't even get one kill, only couple assists and lots of deaths. He starts typing in the chat report this players, he is sure the players who he played against were clearly cheating, there is no way they could be so good! Later on he decides to stop by on the forums and complain about the cheating problem. Because nothing is done against the so called cheaters, this player decides to deathreat and go play on bronze.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

getting friends to play apb makes you a terrible friend tbh

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Solamente said:

getting friends to play apb makes you a terrible friend tbh

How so, they wanted to play something with me and were intrigued about being enforcers (cops) and pvping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this is why the game is dead, they could never make proper matchmaking. district phasing might do the trick but it might be way too late....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should tell your friends to try this game only after phasing system has been implemented.

 

Check out the official threat and matchmaking thread for more information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a problem that can be solved, vets are the only people that still play this garbage game

400 players average

Edited by Lato

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

[...]

Whenever the matchmaking fails to match fairly, and I get put against silvers, I usually go easy on them and sometimes give them the win just to keep it fair. I wish more vet groups would do the same, but unfortunately most of the veteran part of this community struggles with huge egos.

[...]

Thank you for fucking up threat and thus matchmaking by inflating the elo of worse players. Good intent is pointless if the deed is evil.

  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do you know, the T player with start colby-gun can kill whole team of opponents with top highlvl guns, coz he play strike games about at least 5 years, and, for example, has a twink in apb?

new players not means new in this type of games..

  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 11:57 PM, El-Neko said:

I gotten some people to play on here before just most of them tend to leave due to performance or technical related issues... Which I cant blame them.

^just this...^

 

The people who leave ONLY for getting stomped would also leave any other game...

The mix of bad server performance and only veteran players is what fears new people away.

 

I'm also trying to help new players.

many of them don't want help or they know better than me 🙂, or well... sometimes totally ignore the chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a common thing with older games, where the population is solely people that have been playing for years, and a few new players that uninstall very soon.

 

The only few new players that stick around are those who get carried by "pub stompers".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2019 at 3:12 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

We used to have several programs that did so, but I think SPCM? disbanded? (correct me if I'm wrong) and most "Vet's" don't care enough to mentor new players to begin with.

I'd mentor someone, but the newer people are segregated from me and I haven't seen a new face in silver in weeks.

 

It's hard to reach out to people because the in-game systems are so archaic and trash. Game could use Discord integration and a bigger pool for matchmaking.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree 100% with op. 3 of my real life friends tried this game. They only lasted a few hours and never came back. Game is just too hostile to rookies and gives them 0 chance to win. I despise dethreaters who do this and I show no mercy when I'm up againts them. If Matt won't fix this or atleast address this problem then it won't matter whatever update they put out. This game could attract thousands but they will be slaughtered at the gates. And again we are stuck with the sweatlords/tryhards.

 

On 10/26/2019 at 12:12 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

We used to have several programs that did so, but I think SPCM? disbanded? (correct me if I'm wrong) and most "Vet's" don't care enough to mentor new players to begin with.

 

I disagree here. I went out and I tried to help R30 Enforcers. Shockigly all of them refused help/coaching/training, said they "don't need it, I can handle myself". 

 

If only they knew.....so I gave up on the coaching part and I have left them to fend for themselves. However If I face someone who is brand spaking new I don't whip out my seal clubbing bat. I lay off the gas, let them kill me even give them a win so they could believe they have a chance. I don't want to part of the problem, but be the solution instead.

 

Unfortunetly the vets egos are too big and  they stomp everyone into quitting (including my veteran friends who stopped playing due to tryhards/sweatlords).

 

I still have hope though......

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its matchmaking fault, but also the players.
I often see people who shit on these new players only because they can,
They are so greedy for kills because they are bad players themselves and finally have a chance to farm someone.

If I play against low ranks bronze/silver I let them win and kill me.
I maybe get a kill or 2 for some points but thats it.
I will even whisper them how to change advanced district after the match and maybe tell them to use easier weapons for the beginning.

If everyone would be like me, the APB World would be a better place:)
Scrubs get help, veterans get shit on and ragequit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 days ago I had a mission like this:

 

me (gold veteran) and 3 golds against 4 silvers and 1 bronze (all below r80) in silver distict Jericho.

 

 

 

XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nickolai said:

I agree 100% with op. 3 of my real life friends tried this game. They only lasted a few hours and never came back. Game is just too hostile to rookies and gives them 0 chance to win. I despise dethreaters who do this and I show no mercy when I'm up againts them. If Matt won't fix this or atleast address this problem then it won't matter whatever update they put out. This game could attract thousands but they will be slaughtered at the gates. And again we are stuck with the sweatlords/tryhards.

 

 

I disagree here. I went out and I tried to help R30 Enforcers. Shockigly all of them refused help/coaching/training, said they "don't need it, I can handle myself". 

 

If only they knew.....so I gave up on the coaching part and I have left them to fend for themselves. However If I face someone who is brand spaking new I don't whip out my seal clubbing bat. I lay off the gas, let them kill me even give them a win so they could believe they have a chance. I don't want to part of the problem, but be the solution instead.

 

Unfortunetly the vets egos are too big and  they stomp everyone into quitting (including my veteran friends who stopped playing due to tryhards/sweatlords).

 

I still have hope though......

 

 

I've helped a bunch and they were happy for it, I guess our experiences differ in that regard. I may have only had one out of a number that denied any help. Besides a language barrier.

 

When I run solo and get a fairly even match with the only two golds being me and an enemy, with silver teams, i'll lay off the silvers if they aren't max rank, and focus the gold first in most situations, giving them a chance hehe

Edited by Noob_Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...