policenitro

Cannot get any of my friends to play because of pub stomping vets

On 10/26/2019 at 6:34 AM, TheJellyGoo said:

Thank you for fucking up threat and thus matchmaking by inflating the elo of worse players. Good intent is pointless if the deed is evil.

IK I haven't replied in a couple days, but I don't really stalk the forums as often as I did before, so I apologize if this counts as necro.

But no, I am not fucking up threat at all. I am a Gold-threat player who is FAR into the Gold threat. Giving a win to a team of silvers or bronzes will not affect me threat level AT ALL because I am so far into the Gold threat level. And half the time I give free wins/go easy, I am alone, so I'm not affecting anyone's threat level negatively either; the only one you could debate I would be affecting is the silvers/bronzes I get matched up against but half the time they have no more than a 1.0 kd/r because I still kill them more than they can kill me lol.

You need to realize that there's a difference between "rolling a bunch of noobs" and going easy on them. I am extremely appalled that anyone would even take my choice to do this as me doing an evil. This is a good example of what is exactly wrong with a good portion of the people in this community. Fortunately though, I know not everyone in this community is like this, which is exactly why I still follow this game as closely as I used to.

3 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

IK I haven't replied in a couple days, but I don't really stalk the forums as often as I did before, so I apologize if this counts as necro.

But no, I am not fucking up threat at all. I am a Gold-threat player who is FAR into the Gold threat. Giving a win to a team of silvers or bronzes will not affect me threat level AT ALL because I am so far into the Gold threat level. And half the time I give free wins/go easy, I am alone, so I'm not affecting anyone's threat level negatively either; the only one you could debate I would be affecting is the silvers/bronzes I get matched up against but half the time they have no more than a 1.0 kd/r because I still kill them more than they can kill me lol.

You need to realize that there's a difference between "rolling a bunch of noobs" and going easy on them. I am extremely appalled that anyone would even take my choice to do this as me doing an evil. This is a good example of what is exactly wrong with a good portion of the people in this community. Fortunately though, I know not everyone in this community is like this, which is exactly why I still follow this game as closely as I used to.

it’s not about your threat it’s about their threat

the system sets an expectation for every players performance each match, when those low threat players exceed that expectation (by a large margin i would assume) because you go easy on them it causes significant threat increases

8 hours ago, Goldtiger said:

What a beautiful paradigm of ignorance leading to confidence!

Threat is shifting every single match, doesn't mean your color changes every match (volatility excluded to a degree). I'm talking about the system behind the roughly depicted icons.
You claiming to be into high-gold territory makes this even worse since it expects you to perform to a certain degree. And yes inflating the threat of weaker players by purposely losing to them is negative. Their threat is designed to provide proper opposition which will lead to bad matchups further on thanks to you. But, nice of you to farm them before letting them win. 

Also good to know that you only ruin missions "half the time" for other people... are you even comprehending the words you're typing?

You need to realize the whole reason why threat even exists. So get down from your high pony and maybe you will see that you're part of the portion that is wrong in this community.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

1 hour ago, TheJellyGoo said:

What a beautiful paradigm of ignorance leading to confidence!

Threat is shifting every single match, doesn't mean your color changes every match (volatility excluded to a degree). I'm talking about the system behind the roughly depicted icons.
You claiming to be into high-gold territory makes this even worse since it expects you to perform to a certain degree. And yes inflating the threat of weaker players by purposely losing to them is negative. Their threat is designed to provide proper opposition which will lead to bad matchups further on thanks to you. But, nice of you to farm them before letting them win. 

Also good to know that you only ruin missions "half the time" for other people... are you even comprehending the words you're typing?

You need to realize the whole reason why threat even exists. So get down from your high pony and maybe you will see that you're part of the portion that is wrong in this community.

Sadly everyone is in fault

A example why the new Engine won't save the games since all the new players will get stomped by vets and leave. 

On 10/25/2019 at 11:12 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

We used to have several programs that did so, but I think SPCM? disbanded? (correct me if I'm wrong) and most "Vet's" don't care enough to mentor new players to begin with.

Don't know if this was answered but,

SPCM disbanded. As an ex-member I can tell you it was a complete joke anyway. Outside of the chat tag we didn't get anything from G1. We had a forum to post suggestions in but almost every single one was either slammed or ignored. 80% of the questions answered were just about asking what SPCM means. It's probably the most half hardheartedly thrown together players helping players program you've ever seen.

The only good thing I got from joining that program was the contract, which I sent a copy of to Tiggs when I had lost access to my account. She accepted that as proof of ownership, lucky me.

Edited by VanilleKeks

4 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

SPCM disbanded. As an ex-member I can tell you it was a complete joke anyway. Outside of the chat tag we didn't get anything from G1. We had a forum to post suggestions in but almost every single one was either slammed or ignored. 80% of the questions answered were just about asking what SPCM means. It's probably the most half hardheartedly thrown together players helping players program you've ever seen.

dont forget a certain kev 3 lmg player using spcm as an excuse to dethreat and stomp new players

On 10/26/2019 at 5:41 PM, policenitro said:

How so, they wanted to play something with me and were intrigued about being enforcers (cops) and pvping.

Not a bad friend, really. XD

I first played APB because I wanted to be a cop (and I do play one), but I found the learning curve to reward ratio way off balance. Progress was hard because I didn't know what I was doing, and the cash outcomes vs market prices had me frustrated to the point of almost quitting.

Then I made a crim to learn how the game worked. Now I have two crims and a cop.

APB is my favorite game. I'm a sick man beyond help.