Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OPK

Ursus Balancing

Recommended Posts

With the proposed changes to the N-TEC incoming, please take a look at the Ursus as well. As it is, the Ursus is already a handicapped, easier to use N-TEC. If you're going to nerf one, nerf both.

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll admit the Ursus is good. But it's far from the monster a lot of people make it out to be. 


Three points I can highlight off the bat;

Yes, it's an easier to use "N-Tec".
Though, I really feel the gun leans towards trying to combat things med to far, Close to that of the Obeya which IMO is much much muuuuch more broken than the Ursus.

That being said, the second point is it's low ROF, Can't hit s*** up close with hipfire and perma hs 3. That and 25 rounds in a mag compared to the normal N-Tec 32 plus high ROF.

 

Side note: That doesn't mean it's useless up close, in fact, CJ3 is a viable mod on it because of the corner pop and hose ability it has. But again, due to low ROF you find yourself tracking the target a hell of a lot more because you're not relying on the ROF of the gun to keep hitting them when the enemy strafes.

Third and final point, while the Ursus shines in mid to long, and can handle cqc (Albeit handicapping the guns long range w/o ir3). It still lacks the render range dist that the Obeya does. And considering IMO the two fire at almost the same speed, aside from one being full auto, the Obeya kills in 5 hits from almost any range with IR3. It's fast, mobile and has a decent ready time. Only down side IMO is the 15 rounds which, but making the reload faster makes things easier, but totally optional.

If you nerf the Ursus I'm willing to put money down that the Obeya will be the next most abused thing, since right now the playerpool is low a lot of vets are running around with Ursus in hand, but I can promise you, if the Ursus drops, it'll be the Obeya everyone will pick back up.

What puts the Ursus in an awkward place is the fact the normal N-Tec is just getting ROF adjustments, to make it slower in TTK standards, but Ursus has the same TTK as N-Tec 5 does now.

So what balance will there be when we get an upgraded N-Tec 5 in the form of an N-Tec 7 Ursus? (I'm against the idea of one being better than the other, but in at least in lore that's what it's supposed to be lol)

Again, it's hard to nerf the Ursus since it's already such a balanced weapon. Bad people can't use it well, and good people use it great.

But the normal N-Tec needed something. Jumping around corners with full auto spraying 32 rounds like a a** is a little much. It needed to be more punishing for missing since it had so much usability.

Like it was good CQC alone because of the 32 rounds, like a STAR would be but the STARs ROF is T R A S H.

This is based on my usage of the Ursus since 2014 when I got my first one, to now which I still use as my daily gun. Even with the IR3 nerf (for context they had a 7% fire rate reduction to anything that used IR3 for a while, it was removed but a lot of guns suffered like the CSG and the likes, so they reverted it).

It was still good imo. So maybe consider a light ROF drop on the Ursus, it'll still be usable since it's tap fire anyways. 

Edited by Trivirium
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

IMO the two fire at almost the same speed

the obeya fires almost as slowly compared to the ursus as the ursus does to the ntec

 

 

10 minutes ago, Trivirium said:

Obeya will be the next most abused thing

obeya is already meta

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

the obeya fires almost as slowly compared to the ursus as the ursus does to the ntec

 

 

obeya is already meta

 

 

 

Forgive my confusion on what you're trying to point out.

Ursus was always meta? Just like any N-Tec.

And to tap fire at full acc for long distance engagements, you're forced to use the same ROF as an obeya, perhaps even a little slower due to the high bloom rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. Every gun needs to be nerfed unless they are as balanced as hazardous.

Edited by darok70
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ursus dont need any nerf ! 

stop crying and get skillz ! 

one of the guns that really need NERF and people dont talk about it its the NFAS ! 

that gun need nerf .

Ntec or ursus are eazy guns to use , only tap the fire and aim good , i can say the only thing that MAYBE need to be nerf about Ntec is the jump shoot with it nothing more .

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After we nerf the Ursus we might as well nerf the FAR next then.

 

Make sure to nerf the STAR after that. 

 

Wouldn't want people playing ARs.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
6 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

After we nerf the Ursus we might as well nerf the FAR next then.

 

Make sure to nerf the STAR after that. 

 

Wouldn't want people playing ARs.

STAR is always the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

After we nerf the Ursus we might as well nerf the FAR next then.

 

Make sure to nerf the STAR after that. 

 

Wouldn't want people playing ARs.

dude, some ppl already wanted to change star and far becasue there was n-tec nerf haha

if it's going to be like that, we sooner or later will be doing mid range fight with troublemaker again haha

but if they are nerfing AR's to death most Players will use Obeya / Obir and ofc NSSW and it's Variants

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

STAR is always the best.

can agree with that 🙂 STAR and FAR are good balanced weapons and i really love to Play them and they Aare going to be more in Focus as the n-tec is nerfed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im fairly certain very few people think that the ursus is overpowered.

 

it is agood gun, yes, but it doesn't need to be changed at all in my opnion, ursus is a simple weapon with no weird mechanics, it just works, well, and like you expect it to.

 

Also changing ursus would be an unecessary ammount of work as it would affect the new glory as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ketog said:

im fairly certain very few people think that the ursus is overpowered.

 

it is agood gun, yes, but it doesn't need to be changed at all in my opnion, ursus is a simple weapon with no weird mechanics, it just works, well, and like you expect it to.

 

Also changing ursus would be an unecessary ammount of work as it would affect the new glory as well

the ursus will easily take the top AR spot once the ntec is overnerfed seeing as it’s nearly the same gun, just with slightly less versatility - and if it’s (somehow) not the ursus it will be the far 

 

neither of which orbit should want if they’re being true to “moving the game away from p2w elements”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Solamente said:

the ursus will easily take the top AR spot once the ntec is overnerfed seeing as it’s nearly the same gun, just with slightly less versatility - and if it’s (somehow) not the ursus it will be the far 

 

neither of which orbit should want if they’re being true to “moving the game away from p2w elements”

This. If you're all on the nerf NTEC band wagon, but you're against changing the URSUS, the "git gud" argument prevails. 

  • Dislike 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im not surprised people wanna nerf the ursus with the ntec.

 

 

just tells u people cant play the game unless its hold down mouse button 1 and kill everyone but me and if i get killed it must be a cheater!

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Alani said:

im not surprised people wanna nerf the ursus with the ntec.

 

 

just tells u people cant play the game unless its hold down mouse button 1 and kill everyone but me and if i get killed it must be a cheater!

What? That's the exact opposite reason why I want the Ursus nerf? As stated before, multiple times, the Ursus is already an easier to use version of the NTEC. It's a pretty well established fact that it's the handicapped version. If the main argument for the NTEC nerf is that it's too easy to use and too versatile, WHY WOULD YOU OPPOSE THE EVEN EASIER TO USE GUN BE NERFED. It baffles me that this many people do not understand this simple concept. 

Edited by OPK
  • Dislike 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Donjae said:

ursus dont need any nerf ! 

stop crying and get skillz ! 

one of the guns that really need NERF and people dont talk about it its the NFAS ! 

that gun need nerf .

Ntec or ursus are eazy guns to use , only tap the fire and aim good , i can say the only thing that MAYBE need to be nerf about Ntec is the jump shoot with it nothing more .

 

Really, you have an issue with a gun that has an effective range of 10 meters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OPK said:

What? That's the exact opposite reason why I want the Ursus nerf? As stated before, multiple times, the Ursus is already an easier to use version of the NTEC. It's a pretty well established fact that it's the handicapped version. If the main argument for the NTEC nerf is that it's too easy to use and too versatile, WHY WOULD YOU OPPOSE THE EVEN EASIER TO USE GUN BE NERFED. It baffles me that this many people do not understand this simple concept. 

ursus isnt easy to use at all. it seem like it do, but it fucking dont

 

i mow poor nerds down with the ntec and they have an ursus thinking they can kill me

 

shit dumbfucks put CJ3 on it thinking 'I CAN SHOOT FASTR' and cry when they still get fucked.

 

ursus is completely fine, you wanting to nerf more shit will not make people less bad or "HVE TO GIT GUD" instead you will fucking kill the legendary, prices will drop, and people will be throwing it around like a fucking anubis and then people are going to come to this thread and fuzzy bunny about how some tart with a muffin on his head started some shit because he mad because y U nO nErF uRsUs If YoU nErF nTeC?!?!?!

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OPK said:

What? That's the exact opposite reason why I want the Ursus nerf? As stated before, multiple times, the Ursus is already an easier to use version of the NTEC. It's a pretty well established fact that it's the handicapped version. If the main argument for the NTEC nerf is that it's too easy to use and too versatile, WHY WOULD YOU OPPOSE THE EVEN EASIER TO USE GUN BE NERFED. It baffles me that this many people do not understand this simple concept. 

So much wrong about this. 

... maybe next poop break. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ursus deals more damage, but generally is harder to handle than the NTEC. I can understand wanting to nerf it with the ntec, however, i'd say let common sense prevail and let it remain for a little bit. If it feels too powerful for the new game balance, then yes nerf it, but I don't feel like nerfing something if it may not actually "need" one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

So much wrong about this. 

... maybe next poop break. 

Please elaborate, I'm genuinely interested in debating this with you. At least you have a decent grasp of the English language, unlike Alanii. 

  • Dislike 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alani said:

ursus isnt easy to use at all. it seem like it do, but it fucking dont

 

i mow poor nerds down with the ntec and they have an ursus thinking they can kill me

 

shit dumbfucks put CJ3 on it thinking 'I CAN SHOOT FASTR' and cry when they still get fucked.

 

ursus is completely fine, you wanting to nerf more shit will not make people less bad or "HVE TO GIT GUD" instead you will fucking kill the legendary, prices will drop, and people will be throwing it around like a fucking anubis and then people are going to come to this thread and fuzzy bunny about how some tart with a muffin on his head started some shit because he mad because y U nO nErF uRsUs If YoU nErF nTeC?!?!?!

You slaying Silvers and Gold Plated means nothing. 

> "Ursus is hard to use" 

> Opinion discarded 

  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Trivirium said:

I'll admit the Ursus is good. But it's far from the monster a lot of people make it out to be. 

If I know someone has an ursus it is just a matter of counter measuring their strategy with your  own.

it is no beast like some make it out to be

10 minutes ago, OPK said:

Please elaborate, I'm genuinely interested in debating this with you. At least you have a decent grasp of the English language, unlike Alanii. 

why the freak do you want to discuss his poop breaks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, OPK said:

You slaying Silvers and Gold Plated means nothing. 

> "Ursus is hard to use" 

> Opinion discarded 

>opinion discarded because im good at game

and some people whine about how their nerf suggestions are ignored by everyone 

 

its almost like someone cares not for any opinion unless it sides with their own lmfao

 

what is this politics? this is a vidya game nerd

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OPK said:

It's a pretty well established fact that it's the handicapped version.

Ursus is a worse N-TEC.

 

Don't say "well established fact" when it's purely a stupid anecdote; one that you drummed up to make your completely incorrect post seem to have some measure of merit to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm confused. People are talking as if the Ursus and NTEC are wildly different guns. It's literally just 5 STK vs 6 STK, although Ursus also has built in Bandolier (5 spare mags vs 4 mags in NTEC) and NTEC has 2 extra bullets in the mag (Ursus has 5 potential kills, NTEC has 5.33 potential kills). Generally speaking, lower STK usually means better jiggle peak potential. So let's not act like fewer STK is somehow a downside.

 

Any changes made to the base NTEC would need to be mirrored in its variants, Ursus included. A good example would be a magazine nerf. If the NTEC goes down to 24 bullets in a mag, the Ursus would need to go down to 20.

 

The only real downside to the Ursus is that you can't get that 3rd mod slot.

Edited by crusade
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...