Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Well that was a fun few hours...

Probably best not to announce any new Anti-DDOS software on the forums from now on.

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

As of 8am we went live with the new Anti DDoS solution.

 

The team has been monitoring all afternoon, and it’s looking good so far. Seeing some nice low latency just in time for the holiday weekend.

 

For those US-based Jericho players who have been frustrated, I encourage you to give it a shot.

 

This solution uses a combination of systems, many of which had to be installed at the edge network in front of our gateway and servers. It was originally scheduled to go live in April, but our provider kept delaying due to conflicts with some of the other tenants using the same network.

 

Hopefully this is a good step in the right direction.

 

Thanks,

Matt

I get thrown out of the game when I change weapons. opening inventory. in fight club. and then scan the files. reinstalled the game, it helped, but not for long. creator. fix it already. How much can you write here??? Hate it. until this game starts... until you enter the password... very long. I don't have a weak computer. I don't want to watch those videos. remove all downloads. I'm not going to play it. previously, this problem was not. where else should I write to be heard??? I hope you understand me. for the interpreter such... let the game open quickly without unnecessary problems. who needs to let watches these videos and downloads elsewhere. I was thrown out of the game and I don't want to go there anymore and wait

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Zian said:

Well that was a fun few hours...

Probably best not to announce any new Anti-DDOS software on the forums from now on.

a DDoS is happening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a step in right direction, unfortunately I am here to report ddos activity/Lag and disconnect Jericho/Fin/Bronze

  I realize there may be adjustments and bugs to work out, please keep working on it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Keshi said:

a DDoS is happening?

Literally got kicked a few times after getting massive lag. I wasn't the only one according to district chat. Whatever is happening it feels like a tug of war between this new "countermeasure" and the people DDOSing the server.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, servers lagged out incredibly hard and crashed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wonder if posting a solution to the ddosing was taken as some sort of challenge by the perpetrators

 

perhaps it would have been better to say nothing at all

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

EARTHQUAKE SO CAL 6.6 THEY SAY,,We got a goood ride

i live in the mojave, it was still bout 50 mile north of me, but they felt it all the way Down Below in L.A.

  pardon my non topic post.   must be that tug of war with ddos cause a major quake

Edited by MACKxBOLAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your new DDOS mitigation is worse than the last one. DDoS lag still occurs as well as causes people to actually get DC'd. Congrats, I didn't think mitigation could actually be any worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say the true test would be when UE 3.5/4 (Well hopefully by the time 4 is released that LO would have enough data in making their firewall tighter to stop brute force client side attacks) is released and to see how easy it would be to truly DDoS'ed to do brute force client side attacks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

For anyone that is experiencing lag, please run /latencyreport in-game and then send the log to me over Private Message.

I can confirm that the DDoS protection has been working since it was installed.

It sounds like these issues may be legitimate server issues.

 

I am hopeful that we can start back up working on server stability / speed, now that we can eliminate DDoS as a source of slowness.

 

Thanks,
Matt

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll fire up the botnet and give it a test.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

For anyone that is experiencing lag, please run /latencyreport in-game and then send the log to me over Private Message.

I can confirm that the DDoS protection has been working since it was installed.

It sounds like these issues may be legitimate server issues.

 

I am hopeful that we can start back up working on server stability / speed, now that we can eliminate DDoS as a source of slowness.

 

Thanks,
Matt

pretty sure its not because i just lagged so badly i quit out of the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latency is very bad for countries beyond the sea.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Eerie said:

Your new DDOS mitigation is worse than the last one. DDoS lag still occurs as well as causes people to actually get DC'd. Congrats, I didn't think mitigation could actually be any worse.

dID yoU Turn it OFf aND On aGAin

28 minutes ago, dett2 said:

Latency is very bad for countries beyond the sea.

 

so like normal for overseas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 4:38 AM, MattScott said:

As of 8am we went live with the new Anti DDoS solution.

Phrasing it like that could sound like a challenge to some groups that are into things like that... Just sayin 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

so like normal for overseas?

was 150.

But now around 300 , same as Citadel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2019 at 10:38 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

As of 8am we went live with the new Anti DDoS solution.

 

The team has been monitoring all afternoon, and it’s looking good so far. Seeing some nice low latency just in time for the holiday weekend.

 

For those US-based Jericho players who have been frustrated, I encourage you to give it a shot.

 

This solution uses a combination of systems, many of which had to be installed at the edge network in front of our gateway and servers. It was originally scheduled to go live in April, but our provider kept delaying due to conflicts with some of the other tenants using the same network.

 

Hopefully this is a good step in the right direction.

 

Thanks,

Matt

Very much appreciate the effort.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I had been playing for 4 hours, 7am to 11am. I had no disconnects until five minutes after 11am, then the lag hit as hard as when the game was being under a DDOS attack. Several players complained about lag in district chat, and I wouldn't be surprised if they also disconnected from the game. Yesterday the same things happened, and prior to this announcement it was just as bad.

 

Someone really hates Little Orbit as much as they hated Gamersfirst.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dett2 said:

was 150.

But now around 300 , same as Citadel.

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? I'm in mid-west Canada and I get 40-80ms on Jericho and around 120-150 on Citadel, so this sounds like an internet issue on your end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure it's working like a charm, maybe that's why me and some other people keeps getting disconnected more than five times per day since the " New DDoS protection " went live. The server starts lagging hard and disconnects everyone...

 

Great Job, Little orbit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...