Jump to content
Jazeker

I agree with you guys, but please do remember this game would have been gone without L.O.

Recommended Posts

I agree APB needs different things tailored and the real OG's that are still here do know what they are talking about and yes, G1 did some strange things to the game.

 

My rant: Toxicity has always been part of APB; for crying out loud it actually fits the lore. However that's between players, let's try not to burn L.O. to the ground for trying stuff in 2019 and not getting it up to expectations at patch day? Apb:r isn't the easiest proje... ah screw that you all know the details. I suggest to stay positive towards the newest host, a little (orbit) longer.

 

Not trying to kiss their patootie, I just got back I got nothing going on with them. I'm posting something positive because I still can. Yikes.

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the community has been "lenient" for more than a year now, at what point is it acceptable to complain? 2 years? 5? 10?

 

its impossible to know if apb would be dead by now if not for orbit - its likely, but we'll never know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I'm saying is that making the best with what you got isn't a meme it's real life.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say I hate them personally. I do however feel that they could stand to greatly improve in a number of areas.

 

People voicing concerns is a good thing. There's someone left that gives a damn. Means there is still some hope for the game if they can turn it around. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thank LO for taking over APB but if the local curry house went from Chinese to McDonalds without changing the sign outside, would you expect Chinese when you entered the door and would you be confused and disappointing when it was not there?

 

SO they made RIOT. It is NOT an APB type game we wanted so disappointment ensues. Lets go back to the drawing board. Its not a bad thing to get rid of something that's bad. It will show the community that they ARE listening to us. We will PAY REAL MONEY for things we like while if we dont like it, the community will continue to get smaller and pay LESS money. This has to be obvious.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Seedy said:

I thank LO for taking over APB but if the local curry house went from Chinese to McDonalds without changing the sign outside, would you expect Chinese when you entered the door and would you be confused and disappointing when it was not there?

 

SO they made RIOT. It is NOT an APB type game we wanted so disappointment ensues. Lets go back to the drawing board. Its not a bad thing to get rid of something that's bad. It will show the community that they ARE listening to us. We will PAY REAL MONEY for things we like while if we dont like it, the community will continue to get smaller and pay LESS money. This has to be obvious.

I got a downvote for this post? Cheers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seedy said:

I got a downvote for this post? Cheers.

>Letting a downvote get to you

 

You do know people can have something called an "opinion", and said opinions can clash with one another? Opinions aren't the truth, should look it up sometime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Seedy said:

I got a downvote for this post? Cheers.

 

5 hours ago, Seedy said:

...but if the local curry house went from Chinese to McDonalds...

I think it's the thought of eating/expecting Chinese at a curry house. As far as curries go, I would go for Indian, Japanese, Caribbean, Thai, Malay, Vietnamese, and Indonesian, before I'd have a Chinese curry.

 

Wasn't my downvote though.

 

 

Edited by AsgerLund

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seedy said:

SO they made RIOT. It is NOT an APB type game we wanted so disappointment ensues. Lets go back to the drawing board. Its not a bad thing to get rid of something that's bad. It will show the community that they ARE listening to us. We will PAY REAL MONEY for things we like while if we dont like it, the community will continue to get smaller and pay LESS money. This has to be obvious.

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LO is a great company, technically they are doing the right things. The problem is that they focus on the wrong things imo.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Glaciers said:

the community has been "lenient" for more than a year now, at what point is it acceptable to complain? 2 years? 5? 10?

 

its impossible to know if apb would be dead by now if not for orbit - its likely, but we'll never know

Most of population was banned. Many unjustly and Citadel population stood at 300 at peak.

Man it would be dead by now. Imagine Citadel with Jericho population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Criticism is very important but I think what Jazeker means is to not flame LO over every little mistake to the point that we did with G1 so that they get burned out and apathetic toward APB.  Flaming is different than harsh criticism.  Flaming is when you're just  saying "AAGH THIS NEW MODE IS BULLSH!T LO IS WORSE THAN G1" without giving any real reasons or real suggestions.

 

Other than the shitty management one of the problems with G1 was that with everything they did, good or bad, a legion of screechers crawled out from under the rocks and attacked their every move, never a positive or even constructive comment.  If you look back at the very beginning of Reloaded, like in OBT, they were actually doing some pretty good stuff.  After years of said screeching they stopped caring about the game and it just became their cash cow.  If you're criticizing LO, at least be constructive about it, don't just insult them over every little thing they do or we'll have a repeat of G1.  You gotta remember that they inherited an insanely messy shitstorm of a game, and its less than friendly community.

 

Whether you like RIOT or not you can't deny that they are at least trying to freshen up and modernize APB.  Plus they have separate teams working on the Engine Upgrade and RIOT so they aren't taking focus away from the EU to implement this broken mode at all.  We may not have asked for it (similar modes have been suggested a lot in the past actually, not saying I agree with them or anything) they saw potential in an area of APB because of its district size and they wanted to capitalize on that.  Can you really blame them for that?  "But everyone was telling them not to do it" There were a lot of people saying APB doesn't need a BR mode, myself included, but I'm a bit of a hypocrite in this situation because I'm also a fan of "don't knock it til you try it" because you really don't know until you do try it for yourself.  Some people on the forum here actually said they were pleasantly surprised with how RIOT turned out aside from all the issues.

 

Now that this much of RIOT is done it seems too late to turn back and scrap it.  They're kinda caught in a "Damned if we do, Damned if we don't" situation.  Some of the same people that hate RIOT will just use them scrapping it as more ammo against them for not being able to complete it, even though they got what they wanted instead of being thankful that it was scrapped.  It happens every damn time something is reverted.  There's a certain few here that do this constantly.  I'm not white knighting LO or anything, I just don't want to see them fall into the same apathetic rut that G1 dug themselves into.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Criticism is very important but I think what Jazeker means is to not flame LO over every little mistake to the point that we did with G1 so that they get burned out and apathetic toward APB.  Flaming is different than harsh criticism.  Flaming is when you're just  saying "AAGH THIS NEW MODE IS BULLSH!T LO IS WORSE THAN G1" without giving any real reasons or real suggestions.

 

Other than the shitty management one of the problems with G1 was that with everything they did, good or bad, a legion of screechers crawled out from under the rocks and attacked their every move, never a positive or even constructive comment.  If you look back at the very beginning of Reloaded, like in OBT, they were actually doing some pretty good stuff.  After years of said screeching they stopped caring about the game and it just became their cash cow.  If you're criticizing LO, at least be constructive about it, don't just insult them over every little thing they do or we'll have a repeat of G1.  You gotta remember that they inherited an insanely messy shitstorm of a game, and its less than friendly community.

 

Whether you like RIOT or not you can't deny that they are at least trying to freshen up and modernize APB.  Plus they have separate teams working on the Engine Upgrade and RIOT so they aren't taking focus away from the EU to implement this broken mode at all.  We may not have asked for it (similar modes have been suggested a lot in the past actually, not saying I agree with them or anything) they saw potential in an area of APB because of its district size and they wanted to capitalize on that.  Can you really blame them for that?  "But everyone was telling them not to do it" There were a lot of people saying APB doesn't need a BR mode, myself included, but I'm a bit of a hypocrite in this situation because I'm also a fan of "don't knock it til you try it" because you really don't know until you do try it for yourself.  Some people on the forum here actually said they were pleasantly surprised with how RIOT turned out aside from all the issues.

 

Now that this much of RIOT is done it seems too late to turn back and scrap it.  They're kinda caught in a "Damned if we do, Damned if we don't" situation.  Some of the same people that hate RIOT will just use them scrapping it as more ammo against them for not being able to complete it, even though they got what they wanted instead of being thankful that it was scrapped.  It happens every damn time something is reverted.  There's a certain few here that do this constantly.  I'm not white knighting LO or anything, I just don't want to see them fall into the same apathetic rut that G1 dug themselves into.

it’s their job and they are in charge

 

listening to the community is necessary but if someone can’t filter out the unnecessary noise or gets their feelings hurt too easily, then they probably shouldn’t have a job that deals with the public 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's always a balance between being overly critical and becoming a 'hater' and not being a 'fanboy' and overlooking the issues. I do thank LO for all the hard work they're putting in and I mean that, but at the same time I don't overlook the shortcomings; less than stellar 'focus' they've decided to pursue, slow progress resulting in missed self imposed deadlines etc. I really fear that by what we've seen that the comeback for this game we're all hoping they can pull off is less and less likely to happen

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's unlikely that APB is still alive just because Little Orbit came along.

 

Let's not forget that all they did so far was basically adding a trading system, a couple events and a even smaller weapon pool due to their incredibly stupid shotgun changes. The two new anti cheat systems aren't really working all that well either.

Nothing has really changed in the game since LO took over, APB only continues to live due to its massive potential and unique gameplay and there not being any alternative, it lived through many years of G1 never doing anything, so there's that.

 

Though it seems like the time has come. Even with a relatively big patch of new content, APBs population doesn't rise. It's already under 1000 on all servers. Sad times.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Even with a relatively big patch of new content, APBs population doesn't rise.

When was this big patch because i cant remember?Nobody want it riot so is normal population stays low.After 3.5 will be diferent story.I agree with the rest and i add the fact the game is f2p which also is big factor for keep going

Edited by TheMessiah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

When was this big patch because i cant remember?Nobody want it riot so is normal population stays low.After 3.5 will be diferent story.I agree with the rest and i add the fact the game is f2p which also is big factor for keep going

 

At this point, even 3.5 won't do much.

The damage has been done. It's nearly impossible to fix what G1 did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Criticism is very important but I think what Jazeker means is to not flame LO over every little mistake to the point that we did with G1 so that they get burned out and apathetic toward APB.  Flaming is different than harsh criticism.  Flaming is when you're just  saying "AAGH THIS NEW MODE IS BULLSH!T LO IS WORSE THAN G1" without giving any real reasons or real suggestions.

 

Other than the shitty management one of the problems with G1 was that with everything they did, good or bad, a legion of screechers crawled out from under the rocks and attacked their every move, never a positive or even constructive comment.  If you look back at the very beginning of Reloaded, like in OBT, they were actually doing some pretty good stuff.  After years of said screeching they stopped caring about the game and it just became their cash cow.  If you're criticizing LO, at least be constructive about it, don't just insult them over every little thing they do or we'll have a repeat of G1.  You gotta remember that they inherited an insanely messy shitstorm of a game, and its less than friendly community.

 

Whether you like RIOT or not you can't deny that they are at least trying to freshen up and modernize APB.  Plus they have separate teams working on the Engine Upgrade and RIOT so they aren't taking focus away from the EU to implement this broken mode at all.  We may not have asked for it (similar modes have been suggested a lot in the past actually, not saying I agree with them or anything) they saw potential in an area of APB because of its district size and they wanted to capitalize on that.  Can you really blame them for that?  "But everyone was telling them not to do it" There were a lot of people saying APB doesn't need a BR mode, myself included, but I'm a bit of a hypocrite in this situation because I'm also a fan of "don't knock it til you try it" because you really don't know until you do try it for yourself.  Some people on the forum here actually said they were pleasantly surprised with how RIOT turned out aside from all the issues.

 

Now that this much of RIOT is done it seems too late to turn back and scrap it.  They're kinda caught in a "Damned if we do, Damned if we don't" situation.  Some of the same people that hate RIOT will just use them scrapping it as more ammo against them for not being able to complete it, even though they got what they wanted instead of being thankful that it was scrapped.  It happens every damn time something is reverted.  There's a certain few here that do this constantly.  I'm not white knighting LO or anything, I just don't want to see them fall into the same apathetic rut that G1 dug themselves into.

this is very true.

I dont want them to be on the back foot when it comes to telling us about new stuff but im not keen on them bringing new stuff to the game without asking use what we would like.

 

RIOT is not that bad but it isnt that good either and i dont think it will get any better unfortunately.

If it were to be turned in to an occasional event then i think it would be better. They can work on it in the background, add new elements to it and send it out to us.

If we had a larger community it would work better but right now we dont. I also dont think the community is going to get huge any time soon.

 

Also, more importantly, @AsgerLund Chinese curries are probably most popular here in the UK so this is why i used it as an example 😛

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GhosT said:

 

At this point, even 3.5 won't do much.

The damage has been done. It's nearly impossible to fix what G1 did.

Im not sure about that. If they upgrade the engine and add  2 new contacts with new content, then i would play it again.

I think most people would do it like me.

Edited by foolish ninja
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, foolish ninja said:

Im not sure about that. If they upgrade the engine and add  2 new contacts with new content, then i would play it again.

I think most people would do it like me.

 

Over the years, people have left APB behind.

Most don't care enough anymore to even keep up with the game.

 

The best chance is to release the engine upgrade, add some contacts with actual content, and then advertise it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic feels like "should we burn LO to the ground or let them stay for a while". 

Enjoy what you have, nothing we can do at this point besides giving feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember game ! before the arrival of THE LO team such :

 

"Kill and win"  July 09, 2011

Summer Мауhem  August 03, 2011

Results of the character design competition!   05 August 2011

Car Customization Contest  August 16, 2011

Epic 'Play2Win' contest  September 10, 2011

Halloween in San Paro October 23, 2011

Halloween Contest  October 23, 2011

Results of Halloween contest from FanUp  November 10, 2011

Best pumpkins  November 10, 2011

New Year in San Paro!  December 19, 2011

New Year's contest  December 22, 2011

Pink Event  08 February 2012

Competition in honor of St. Patrick's Day March 15, 2012

Who got the Vegas G24 + Hot Rod Kit? June 14, 2012

Freedom Festival in San Paro  July 04, 2012

«Let It Ride»  July 13, 2012

Time to demonstrate uniforms  July 14, 2012

VERTIGO VELOCITY  July 28, 2012

 WALK THE WALK   July 28, 2012

HOT PURSUIT July 28, 2012

Event "Fear the Reaper"  September 06, 2012

Colby Event  September 25, 2012

Clan tattoos contest  October 04, 2012

Event Heavy Metal Fighters  October 14, 2012

Closed Caption Contest  October 21, 2012

Best Halloween Pumpkins and Costumes October 27, 2012

Clan event "Hit Squad" November 03, 2012

event "Pumpkin Smashing"  November 14, 2012

competition "48 HR Turkey" November 22, 2012

Halloween Costume Contest November 23, 2012

New Year's sweater competition  December 02, 2012

Royal Competition in San Paro  January 20, 2013

Competition "Forever Alone"  February 09, 2013

contest “Be My Valentine”  March 03, 2013

Competition "Almost Famous"  March 03, 2013

Kill-a-thon Event  04 March 2013

Auto show  02 April 2013

Competition "AirMech"  April 19, 2013

competition "El Luchador" 04 May 2013

competition "My Little Piñata"  04 May 2013

Competition "Boxers or Briefs" June 15, 2013

Competition "Tattoo 4 Dad"  June 15, 2013

Event "The Hunt for Gold"  July 27, 2013

Competition "Noob Mobile" August 17, 2013

Murder Maihem - Battle of the Clans [updated] September 13, 2013

Competition "Halloween IDOL"  October 26, 2013

Event "Blood Money» (Blood Money)  November 20, 2013

Christmas souvenirs from the developers  December 24, 2013

Event "Winter Warmup"  January 23, 2014

Contracts - Feel Special Agent 'Today's contract'   February 22, 2014

New contract - fulfill missions  Task: Complete 140 missions in the areas   March 14, 2014

Dress to Thrill Monthly Contest    June 05, 2014

Freedom Frag Fest 2014  July 04, 2014

Dress (Spray) to Thrill - August 10, 2014

Event "Paid to Kill"  August 12, 2014

Dress To Thrill (Ride) - August 12, 2014

Event "Summer Showdown"  September 17, 2014

Event "Rapid Fire"  October 25, 2014

Event "Global Conflict"  November 27, 2014

Weapon World Tour - 7 days, 7 awards  January 16, 2015

Event "Hit Squad" - Round 3 [updated]  February 26, 2015

Event "Luck of the Draw"  March 20, 2015

'Enter the game and get a reward'  15 April 2015

Competition: Music   April 18, 2015

Contest: Video  April 18, 2015

Competition: Art   April 18, 2015

Event "Play and win"  May 15, 2015

Event "Hit Squad" - Round 4   June 11, 2015

"Independence Day"  June 29, 2015

Two events in honor of the seasonal set : Event "Down and Dirty" , Pack of Revelations Pass Giveaway Event   15 August 2015

How good are you dancing? New competition  September 12, 2015

Take part in the APB Reloaded promotional campaign   September 20, 2015

Event "Autumn Blitzkrieg"   September 26, 2015

Competition "Dress to Thrill" - Sports  October 03, 2015

Event "Weapon World Tour"     October 10, 2015

Halloween 2015 - Contests   October 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Day Event  November 21, 2015

Christmas dozen [updated]   December 11, 2015

Event "Unexpected Snowfall"  January 15, 2016

Event "March Madness"  05 March 2016

The event "Shake, Rettl & Roll"  July 29, 2016

Weapon World Tour №2 - 8 days, 8 awards  05 August 2016

Competition for the best drawing in Paint  September 17, 2016

Halloween Event Guide 2016   October 13, 2016

Thanksgiving Day 2016 Event   November 22, 2016

New Year Event Guide 2016  

Pink Event Guide 2017

Gifts for entering the game on Independence Day   02 July 2017

 

 

this is an incomplete list .

Edited by Yood
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yood said:

I remember game ! before the arrival of THE LO team such :

 

"Kill and win"  July 09, 2011

Summer Мауhem  August 03, 2011

Results of the character design competition!   05 August 2011

Car Customization Contest  August 16, 2011

Epic 'Play2Win' contest  September 10, 2011

Halloween in San Paro October 23, 2011

Halloween Contest  October 23, 2011

Results of Halloween contest from FanUp  November 10, 2011

Best pumpkins  November 10, 2011

New Year in San Paro!  December 19, 2011

New Year's contest  December 22, 2011

Pink Event  08 February 2012

Competition in honor of St. Patrick's Day March 15, 2012

Who got the Vegas G24 + Hot Rod Kit? June 14, 2012

Freedom Festival in San Paro  July 04, 2012

«Let It Ride»  July 13, 2012

Time to demonstrate uniforms  July 14, 2012

VERTIGO VELOCITY  July 28, 2012

 WALK THE WALK   July 28, 2012

HOT PURSUIT July 28, 2012

Event "Fear the Reaper"  September 06, 2012

Colby Event  September 25, 2012

Clan tattoos contest  October 04, 2012

Event Heavy Metal Fighters  October 14, 2012

Closed Caption Contest  October 21, 2012

Best Halloween Pumpkins and Costumes October 27, 2012

Clan event "Hit Squad" November 03, 2012

event "Pumpkin Smashing"  November 14, 2012

competition "48 HR Turkey" November 22, 2012

Halloween Costume Contest November 23, 2012

New Year's sweater competition  December 02, 2012

Royal Competition in San Paro  January 20, 2013

Competition "Forever Alone"  February 09, 2013

contest “Be My Valentine”  March 03, 2013

Competition "Almost Famous"  March 03, 2013

Kill-a-thon Event  04 March 2013

Auto show  02 April 2013

Competition "AirMech"  April 19, 2013

competition "El Luchador" 04 May 2013

competition "My Little Piñata"  04 May 2013

Competition "Boxers or Briefs" June 15, 2013

Competition "Tattoo 4 Dad"  June 15, 2013

Event "The Hunt for Gold"  July 27, 2013

Competition "Noob Mobile" August 17, 2013

Murder Maihem - Battle of the Clans [updated] September 13, 2013

Competition "Halloween IDOL"  October 26, 2013

Event "Blood Money» (Blood Money)  November 20, 2013

Christmas souvenirs from the developers  December 24, 2013

Event "Winter Warmup"  January 23, 2014

Contracts - Feel Special Agent 'Today's contract'   February 22, 2014

New contract - fulfill missions  Task: Complete 140 missions in the areas   March 14, 2014

Dress to Thrill Monthly Contest    June 05, 2014

Freedom Frag Fest 2014  July 04, 2014

Dress (Spray) to Thrill - August 10, 2014

Event "Paid to Kill"  August 12, 2014

Dress To Thrill (Ride) - August 12, 2014

Event "Summer Showdown"  September 17, 2014

Event "Rapid Fire"  October 25, 2014

Event "Global Conflict"  November 27, 2014

Weapon World Tour - 7 days, 7 awards  January 16, 2015

Event "Hit Squad" - Round 3 [updated]  February 26, 2015

Event "Luck of the Draw"  March 20, 2015

'Enter the game and get a reward'  15 April 2015

Competition: Music   April 18, 2015

Contest: Video  April 18, 2015

Competition: Art   April 18, 2015

Event "Play and win"  May 15, 2015

Event "Hit Squad" - Round 4   June 11, 2015

"Independence Day"  June 29, 2015

Two events in honor of the seasonal set : Event "Down and Dirty" , Pack of Revelations Pass Giveaway Event   15 August 2015

How good are you dancing? New competition  September 12, 2015

Take part in the APB Reloaded promotional campaign   September 20, 2015

Event "Autumn Blitzkrieg"   September 26, 2015

Competition "Dress to Thrill" - Sports  October 03, 2015

Event "Weapon World Tour"     October 10, 2015

Halloween 2015 - Contests   October 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Day Event  November 21, 2015

Christmas dozen [updated]   December 11, 2015

Event "Unexpected Snowfall"  January 15, 2016

Event "March Madness"  05 March 2016

The event "Shake, Rettl & Roll"  July 29, 2016

Weapon World Tour №2 - 8 days, 8 awards  05 August 2016

Competition for the best drawing in Paint  September 17, 2016

Halloween Event Guide 2016   October 13, 2016

Thanksgiving Day 2016 Event   November 22, 2016

New Year Event Guide 2016  

Pink Event Guide 2017

Gifts for entering the game on Independence Day   02 July 2017

 

 

this is an incomplete list .

No gold rush event?  Pfft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

I AGREE WITH YOU GUYS, BUT PLEASE DO REMEMBER THIS GAME WOULD HAVE BEEN GONE WITHOUT L.O.

 

 

I can't agree with you guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...