Lixil

RIOT Feedback

Hello everyone,

If you have any feedback regarding RIOT please post it here for easier information access, this feedback can help us improve this mode in the right direction. There have been many threads regarding this and we have been reading them.

Please bear in mind that the RIOT is in beta and that your feedback can help us a lot. Please try to keep this thread constructive and without spam.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

They want feedback but the game crash when i try to play the gamemode

Y I K E S!!!!

We said it wasn't ready. You released it anyway.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, RCooper said:

They want feedback but the game crash when i try to play the gamemode

Y I K E S!!!!

gitgud computer

1 minute ago, Szambi said:

We said it wasn't ready. You released it anyway.

Its a beta you god damn <insert>. 🙂

You should add a solo mode for Riot.
You should not be able to buy your own weapon loadout, it makes it too easy.
And you should improve the UI.

• Like 3

An unpopular opinion:

I quite like the gamemode. I feel like there are still quite a few things that need to be improved however I often find myself having fun when playing the gamemode.

As for things that I think need to be looked at:

- The spawns

- When you respawn in RIOT, you're usually spawned into the 'gas' and your hazmat is instantly equipped and quite often the hazmat wont last you long enough to make it back to the safe area. Perhaps the hazmat isn't instantly consumed on respawn allowing you to get a little bit further by activating it later.

- There are also times where I have respawned right next to and enemy (This usually happens near the start of a match).

- Getting around the map

- I personally think that [[[some]]] vehicles should be added to the map such as the calibria and han veo. These cars mainly as their not extremely fast or tanky but still allow you to travel faster than running.

- The barriers seem quite inconsistent. Some can be jumped on top of by first jumping on the side whereas others just slide off the side.

- The weapons

- There are certain spots which can very difficult to attack without the help of explosive weapon or grenades. This is why I think grenades need to be added into the game, perhaps in the form of a pick-up item like normal weapons (however I don't know how easy/hard that would be to implement).

- I'm still having mixed feelings about being able to use your own weapons. At first I thought it was going to be a broken mechanic which allowed everyone to bring in their own "OP" loadouts, but after playing for quite some time now, the cost for bringing in your weapon seems to balance it out fairly well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sentaii said:

gitgud computer

My laptop is good enough it not my fault this game run like shit

Also not everyone have 2k to spend in a computer

• Like 2

Please post meaningful comments, dont make this another rant thread

• Like 2

Made my own topic alredy about it.

Just now, wHisHi said:

Please post meaningful comments, dont make this another rant thread

Well okay, here it goes.

Who the hell thought that FBW would be a great starter pistol for this mode. Like seriously. Now there's no point in buying a secondary or looking for one around the map.

I Really enjoy the core gameplay even tho it's beta but i feel like there is some stuff that should really change/should've never been here in the first place so here you go thats what i think should change in the game :

1_ We need a rework for the respawn system,it's just waay too forgiving to add only 1000$ on every respawn and giving everyone a free respawn the game endsup with like

12/14 teams at least at last zone every single time and it just become more like fightclub than an actual battleroyalish kinda mode 

2_Add more things to do in the game like saving hostages or anything,else i really like the fact that we get to do objective aswell other than just surviving really adds up to the game mode

3_Don't let people buy their guns using money, u get what u find DEAL WITH IT And restrict yourself to like 2-3suits maximum per player and please start calling them gas tanks we need logic in this game mode And don't force players to use their suits the moment they respawn 

4_FIX THE RESPAWN AREAS REEEE!!! idon't really wanna get back to the game to just die cause it's impossible to reach the safe zone

5_Fix some of the spots and the boosts u guys added to the game like the building next to Leboyce contact that gets u up in the roof it's really shit and not needed at all 

6_I know it's kinda too early and we kinda lack players at the moment but i'd really love to be able to play solo players against other solos, it kinda gets annoying playing alone with randoms against a full premade team 😕

7_Fix the Ui like i don't want a huge text in my face sayin BOMB GONNA EXPLODE IN 1MIN ok pls do something about it 

8_Make the players drop their primary weapons if they die anyway some people when they die they switch to their secondary and their secondary weapon drop instead of their primary gun please fix

9_Add better rewards that will make players wanna comeback, u don't know how much im fed up with your Daily activities they are so bad or the fact that i have to win 10Riot games to get a 100 jokertickets 😐

10_Add Grenades to the game, we are in a third person environment using nades could really help us get someone out of a cover and it's been in apb for years none gonna complain about it (please just add frags or concs not percs or lowyeilds) 

11_Consider giving us a new map financial doesn't give u that abandoned City feel at all, Specially the cars i never knew any cars that explodes from chemical bomb or idk maybe i'm wrong but please consider it 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would like RIOT to be put on hold and the resources used to develop it put towards the engine upgrade. Once we have the engine upgrade at a stable state, please re-introduce an improved version of RIOT as a seasonal event or something similar. I do not think having this as a permanent game mode is a good idea.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Honestly it already got pretty boring. I guess it will be better when season starts and we get proper rewards.

Edited by Ruoskat

Personally I don't think RIOT is all that bad as a game mode.  It doesn't really feel like a true BR which is a good thing.  It still almost* feels like APB.  However, along with it maintaining APB's feel, it also maintains the game's track record for just being generally broken.  I really do appreciate the work you guys put into this but some huge changes need to be made if RIOT is going to be a fun experience for... anyone really...

1. Stability.  Seeing a ton of crash reports here on the forums, I've only experienced a few crashes, but its still a lot more than I've had over the past few years when my game was actually really stable.  Before, the only crashes I experienced were when my PC would decide it doesn't like my F:/ drive and turned it off.

2*. Vehicles.  Vehicles need to be brought to this mode for it to really maintain the feel of APB.  APB has a big focus on driving and the Financial district was definitely built around driving...  A lot.  It's way too big and open to just run everywhere.  Doesn't necessarily need to be player vehicles, but ones scattered around that we can get into and drive.  Alongside this there's the issue that the burned out car shells in the streets are static objects with no physics.  That's gotta change for when vehicles are enabled.

4. Spawns.  Oh my God, the spawns.  90% of the time when you respawn, you're either right next to an enemy that's already armed (or in my case I often spawn RIGHT BETWEEN two enemeis that are already in a fire fight!) or you spawn so deep into a Gassed zone that the 30 seconds the hazmat suit lasts isn't nearly enough to get out of it.  You should ONLY be able to respawn inside of safe areas, or a block bordering a safe zone.

5. Cooldowns.  The Hazmat suit doesn't need that long of a cool down.  The cooldown should be slightly shorter than the amount of time it takes the gas to kill you in my opinion.

6.  Enemy names just don't show up most of the time.

7.  The UI needs some work.  Having big text in the middle of the screen is a big no no.  Find a corner to put it in or at the top.  Anywhere but the middle.

8.  I understand that it's in "beta", but this feels a lot more unfinished than a beta should.

9. The Riot Manager NPC should sell the same things that all other contacts do.  They currently have an empty buy tab.

I can see the POTENTIAL in RIOT, just like APB itself has potential by the truck loads.  It's just not close to meeting that potential in its current state.

• Thanks 1

I enjoy the experience, but not fully. I see divided opinions in this, but I enjoy the core of it.
I feel inconveniences are here -

• My teammates during the game appear to be green as alive when it seems to not be the case. I'm still confused if it works properly or it shows that the dead ones are the ones gone and the green ones are still present in the game if still dead. Anyway, I would like clearer identification.
  • Other player actions are unpredictable and this becomes a huge problem when we all have choice to activate a device in an area. Eventually all the safe areas from gas are scattered across the map and making across two red fields sometimes isn't even enough with a rad suit on. Even better, if you die in one, you respawn in smoke and have to make your way to sometimes much further spots of the map, which will end up killing you. Even if you spawn with a rad suit, it runs out very quickly and I can't use any I find because of a very long cool-down. It gets hopeless when you respawn far away, die whilst trying to run to a safe place and respawn way back again to die again.
  • Sometimes weapons are difficult to locate. Starting the game, I notice that the radar is empty. Maybe a bit of cash around the area, but guns are so scarce that the more you try and die, the more hopeless it gets.
  • It is confusing when you finish a game and survive. We've survived the game, but we haven't gotten the biggest bribe. In the panel it says 'next time' and indicates towards a loss, but where it says "Team position" or "Your position" - It says 1. As if we are the 1st.
  • This is not an impact to gameplay, but whenever I join a Riot district and load in, the loading video ends a bit too early that I see a random location with assets just loading in. I think the screen to cover this up should be longer.
  • I generally feel like more visual cues should exist to announce the riot van's arrival and that there are last remaining 3 teams etc. It certainly does not help me read the situation when there are 5/10 teams alive, but it's unclear how many left in each as it could be 5 people in each or 1. This made me hesitate so much that two people from a team just bribed and won without any trouble.
  • I want confetti when I win. It's been awfully difficult to reach victory for me and I feel like someone should pat me on the damn back!

These are named without taking any note before. Some of these points even don't really matter as it is personal to my experience

EDIT:
Without removing importance from the engine upgrade, these are what I want to see further after the engine upgrade happens.
What I really want to see later is just an overhauled UI that translates information precisely and in a clean manner. After that comes the aesthetic of the whole Riot thing. I'd like to see garbage on the streets, something burning. I'd like to see a building's first story have some broken glass or boarded windows. Maybe some bootleg means of blocking zones in stead of the same concrete walls - barbed wire or wooden reinforcements. I'd like to see some real consequences.

Edited by Pufty

Here's my main complaints about riot :

1: The UI:

-Why does information get displayed twice, one on your UI , and the other on your chat ? Do one or the other, streamline things a bit do one or the other not both.

-Is that giant riot symbol above really necessary ?

Reminder that quite a big part of the playerbase uses configs and play with low resolutions, im sure many could agree that this is a bit much :

unknown.png

I know the UI is more of an overall APB problem as it's the biggest FPS eater of APB and doesn't scale with resolution, but it still is a huge problem.

-Oh yeah add an icon for Hazmat suits please.

2: The Visuals

-The zones full of gas, the fog is way too dense,  and in some closed areas you can barely see where you're going, also people outside the gas can see you with ease but you can't see them clearly.

Please reduce the density of the gas, while it makes sense that it is dense, balance wise it's bad , as you're already at a disadvantage by being in the fog.

-The weapon and items aura, make it smaller while more visible, some weapons or items emits light trough the walls but you still can't tell if they are above or under you. change the effect so it's clear where it comes from.

-When you kill a player he drops his hazmat suits, but he also drops cash that you can't see as it drops at the same spot as the hazmat suits, in the end many players don't see and never take the cash that players drops .

Scatter those items a bit so players can see it.

-Who was the guy that thought scattering millions of car bodies  everywhere over and over was good, give us a bit of variety, put bins smoke or more explosion holes more broken things, destructible items and more different things to hide behind or shoot by.

Riot feels extremely boring a the moment.

Oh yeah and this ... i mean come on, you don't need to be a genius to see that this is not how physics work .

unknown.png

3: Consistency

-Many spots in riot have those concrete walls used around bases, sometimes we can climb them sometimes we can't, could we please make that consistent everywhere, either we can either we can't.

-About those concrete walls still, sometimes a a few of them are laying on the ground, but you can't run over them, they just stop you like a wall, this one as an example:

unknown.png

This little slab is just high enough so you can't walk over it, meanwhile on others you can, there was a few more spots where the same thing was happening but i just remember this one.

4: Mechanics

-If any of you played riot, you guys noticed that close to the end of the match, there's usually way too much teams left alive, and as you find a lot more money from dead players, you can respawn easier

The price to respawn needs to doubled every time instead of increasing by a thousand for each death, imo in riot death is way too forgiving for the last stages. maybe the spawn costs should be increased only when the last zone is left, i don't know.

-When starting to gather money in the early game, the game asks you if you want to buy your secondary even if your own secondary that is the same as the starter one, this shouldn't be a thing, that popup shouldn't appear , same if you don't have a primary equipped at all.

5: Bugs, ooh boi riot and bugs...

Well my main complain is people crashing on riot, simple as that :

unknown.png

Many many MANY players get that crash at some point, it happens when the riot match starts or ends, or when you join an instance, sometimes you also get disconnected when joining a friend and have to relog again .

The fun fact is that the bug reporter doesn't even work  i just stays blocked here :

unknown.png

(in my opinion you guys should update this and make it automatically send the bug report instead of having to do it manually, in the end it would make it so you can notice large scale bugs much faster).

-Oh yeah there's also a glitch going around so people have access to grenades in riot, sadly i do not know how that's done so i can't report it.

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

I would like RIOT to be put on hold and the resources used to develop it put towards the engine upgrade. Once we have the engine upgrade at a stable state, please re-introduce an improved version of RIOT as a seasonal event or something similar. I do not think having this as a permanent game mode is a good idea.

i totally agree with this. I can not see RIOT attracting a shed load more players; if any at all. If it is something to look forward to then it will be much more fun when it arrives. If its just there as a kind of weird BR version of APB then it is not an improvement and will again fragment the players we already have. Also like I said before in another thread, having it as a separate game mode all together feels unnatural for APB. APB is played in the city as a kind of living environment. The huge map stripped of everything except the buildings feels far to stark and in turn makes the game grind on until its just boring.

If RIOT was removed I would not miss it. If it was a season thing that only happened say for a few weeks every year and changed slightly each time, I would look forward to it as an event.

9 minutes ago, Ketog said:

a lot of stuff

Make a clean reistall without advanced launcher and you won't crash, only disconnects once in a few hours.

Edited by Soundwave2142

As much as I hate to say it I was actually pleasantly suprised by the gamemode. It's far from perfect but despite all of the issues, I have still enjoyed playing it.

1. Fixing the spawns

Sometimes you die next to your teammates, but then spawn on the other side of the district in the gas without enough hazmat suits to make it out alive. This is really frustrating and is probably why so many people dislike the gamemode.

2. Fixing the crashes/disconnects

My friends and I have noticed that the game sometimes crashes or disconnects randomly upon entering a RIOT district. 

3. Adding more rewards

This would really give an incentive for people to play the gamemode. It feels like reaching lvl 5 just to get 1 weapon skin is way too much. Would be nice if you guys could add more rewards to the contact (at least 1 per level). I know this is just a beta test but still.

4. Make some of the roofs inaccessible

The City Hall and the Church are two spots that seem to be incredibly overpowered. There is only 1 way up and it's incredibly easy to defend. Since there aren't any grenades in the gamemode (for good reason) it's really hard to take over those two spots. My solution would just to make them inaccessible.

5. Make the rewards account bound

I'm not sure if this would even be possible but it would be nice to have the progress towards the contact be account bound. Some of us are sitting on multiple characters and would like to have the items available on all of them. 

6. Hazmat suit cooldown

I feel like having a 1min cooldown on the hazmat suit is a bit too much. IMO you should remove the cooldown (or reduce it to like 15s), but limit the amount of hazmat suits you can have to 2 (also reduce the spawn rate). This would reward the player for being smart with the usage of their hazmat suits. 

Side note: Please make it so that you aren't forced to use your hazmat suit instantly upon spawning in the gas. Just give the player 1 hazmat suit to use whenever they would like. 

מזל טוב

3 minutes ago, Soundwave2142 said:

Make a clean reistall without advanced launcher and you won't crash, only disconnects once in a few hours.

you say that like it's ideal lol .

also reinstalling doesn't fix the issue.

1- Buggy af.

2- How does the riot contact even progress? it's way too slow, and I'm not sure what to do.

3- Often you respawn so deep into the gas zones, hazmat suit expires, the warning delay expires, and your whole health depletes before you can sprint out of it. Happened to my whole team at some point that we all ran out of respawns trying to get out.

4- Vehicles ? difficult to implement but it's meh without

5- Takes too long to start.

6- Hazmat suit's cool down is way too long, maybe 20 sec instead.

7- Rewards? I know it's season 0 without rewards, but it needs more of the typical rewards, more $ and some way of obtaining standing, so people can play it as an alternative to missions.

8- Random teams is a minus.

9- BR, giant minus, from what I see, me included, the majority of APB players really hate BR.

10- Game flow seems too chaotic,, luck plays a big role. you either die too early before you collect money, or you collect and keep respawning, getting killed when trying to bribe the driver, but you don't get a confirmation of loss since you respawn, but you also don't get a confirmation of progression since it's in vain. It lacks strategy.

* Generally the mode focuses on a negative feedback loop, which is only good for some particular game design flows, not riot imo.

My suggestion which unless every member in the community insists on it, will be ignored as it's too different from original RIOT plan, convert this to faction or clan wars, you already have the map segmented, a mechanic to obtain zones is there, maybe keep the random weapons or allow player weapons,

Let the faction/clan obtain zones and defend them, obtaining reward for holding out, delivered at match end, (divided by participating faction players, or divided by clan members, including the ones not participating at a smaller ratio).

For this suggestion, it can either be active all the time as RIOT having smaller rewards, or being a daily/weekly event at a fixed scheduled time with bigger rewards (possibly including an increased rewards multiplier for the winners until the next event)

My ideal riot mode,

1. Remove the ability to buy your own guns

2. Start with literally no gun. (or just blowtorches for the lols)

Also , even if your team has the most cash deposited if you all die you still lose when the timer expires (wish you got overtime.)

Edited by Zolerox