Bishada8800

Undocumented features in recent patch

Went through the patch notes but there seem to be a lot of things added that are not documented.

Just played a few minutes but already found several:

1. Weapon drop on death (can be picked up by others) (edit: this is conformed to be a bug)

2. Mission objective HUD markers now have clarifying text under the header text

3. Mods (such as Nitro) now have shorter cool-down (they now use the same cooldown as premium)

Have you found more? List them. Let us compile a complete list of changes.

edit:

4. There is no longer any announcement when 5 star of the opposite faction is killed

Edited by Bishada8800
  • Like 1

I thought so at first too, but now when I play with it i kinda like it more and more. I hope they keep it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bishada8800 said:

Went through the patch notes but there seem to be a lot of things added that are not documented.

Just played a few minutes but already found several:

1. Weapon drop on death (can be picked up by others)

2. Mission objective HUD markers now have clarifying text under the header text

3. Mods (such as Nitro) now have shorter cool-down (they now use the same cooldown as premium)

Have you found more? List them. Let us compile a complete list of changes.

The third one was documented when they first started talking about RIOT, not sure why they didn't add it in the actual patch notes though...

1. fix pls

2. I like it

3. Matt announced some time ago that they wanna everyone having the same cooldowns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dropping weapons on death not only causes the FPS to drop over time, but breaks the balancing of the game.
Opponent kills my teammate with a whisper when he has hvr, I push him and get killed by a whisper i cant see on scoreboard 😛

• Like 5

I think it could be cool to be able to pick others weapons, like any other game where you can do the same. CS:GO, PUBG, APEX, COD, FORTNITE, BATTLEFIELD, and the list goes on and on.

Look at it this way you are about to run out of ammo and luckily there are some weapon on the ground you can pick and continue to fight.

I understand some would be mad coz they have exclusive weapons they don't want others to have, but it could also be reworked so:

1) Weapons picked can't get reloaded, only what ever ammo left in the mag.

2) They will get automatically unequipped if no ammo is left in the mag, or after few minutes.

NOTE: this is a cool feature but would need some sort of timer (weapons will disappear after a set timer) otherwise we will end in having hundreds of weapons laying on the floor in fightclub map.

NOTE 2: disregard the above if you disagree and just fix it.

Edited by PGAW67

1 minute ago, cheater said:

Dropping weapons on death not only causes the FPS to drop over time, but breaks the balancing of the game.
Opponent kills my teammate with a whisper when he has hvr, I push him and get killed by a whisper i cant see on scoreboard 😛

yeah the weapon drop can be a fun mechanic but ultimately it kind of throws balance out the window, especially when people actually start trying to abuse it

29 minutes ago, cheater said:

When you pick up whisper it will also change on the score board. You need to check it a bit more frequent before you start pushing that sniper 😉

(its different from the old drop on death mechanic where you could not restock and if you changed weapon then you would get your regular primary weapon back)

Edited by Bishada8800
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bishada8800 said:

I thought so at first too, but now when I play with it i kinda like it more and more. I hope they keep it.

Yeah I like it too.

Also, I guess it is a bug, it also happened with the Epidemic Event where you could pick up people guns.

It was fun to keep trying other players guns in Asylum at that time.

Weapon pickup needs to be fixed as it doesn't have a place in APB. There's no downside to using an HVR if you can pick up a whisper and wield both short and long range. 

1 minute ago, Amberwind said:

Weapon pickup needs to be fixed as it doesn't have a place in APB. There's no downside to using an HVR if you can pick up a whisper and wield both short and long range. 

This was actually tested some 3-4 years ago, and the community (rightfully) told G1 en masse that it sucked, after which it got promptly reverted

I think they messed up district rules and "leaked" RIOT's weapon drop into action districts by mistake 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

This was actually tested some 3-4 years ago, and the community (rightfully) told G1 en masse that it sucked, after which it got promptly reverted

I think they messed up district rules and "leaked" RIOT's weapon drop into action districts by mistake 

Yes, let's not have this discussion again - weapon pick up in Action Districts is not a good idea.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bishada8800 said:

When you pick up whisper it will also change on the score board. You need to check it a bit more frequent before you start pushing that sniper 😉

(its different from the old drop on death mechanic where you could not restock and if you changed weapon then you would get your regular primary weapon back)

Sorry man next time ill export the scoreboard to my other monitors and on each monitor ill have an enemy selected to see their updating gun, good point chief!

2 hours ago, Nitronik said:

+1

5 hours ago, Bishada8800 said:

So do I, it adds a whole new layer of tactics but I wish you could drop or swap weapons back to your original. Once you pick up a weapon the only way to swap it is to pick up another or die.

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1

1 is meant to be a RIOT game mode feature.

2 who cares

3 was announced that all cooldowns will be standardised at 100%, this is to make APB feel less pay to win and balanced overall. Also RIOT will have it's own form of Premium coming soon anyway.

4 I think that was a genuine unintended mistake... lol`

11 minutes ago, illgot said:

Once you pick up a weapon the only way to swap it is to pick up another or die.

This is actually a good thing. Otherwise you could run around with a SMG and just switch to a Sniper rifle on the fly. Or run around with a sniper rifle and just switch to a SMG on the fly, Now it basically work as a full weapon switch at a ammo box, but quicker - and only between the weapon you are holding and the weapon on the ground in front of you.

1 minute ago, VickyFox said:

who cares

Point of the thread was to list undocumented changes. Feel free to add more to the list. I am sure you noticed more stuff than this.

3 hours ago, Amberwind said:

3 hours ago, Nitronik said:

3 hours ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

Yes, let's not have this discussion again - weapon pick up in Action Districts is not a good idea.

except this weapon dropping is the closest we ever got to a "kind of balanced" weapon drop system in apb, in which you dont get to keep 2 primary weapons, because it just switches it out, and acts as your own new primary

so no, you cant wield hvr and a whisper at the same time, unless you like not moving from one spot, like ever, and even then the weapons despawn lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

The first item is a bug. I have posted on the issue here:

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

The first item is a bug. I have posted on the issue here:

Thanks,
Matt

I think it would be better for future updates to document every change, so the community doesn't confuse bugs with features or viceversa...

also, you've added helpful text to objective markers and implemented the premium mod cooldown changes you've talked about a few weeks ago - these are awesome changes that you can proudly mention in the patchnotes. why didn't you? simply slipped through?
I mean it's somewhat of nice advertisement mentioning such positive changes (even if they're little, QoL is important!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Snubnose said:

also, you've added helpful text to objective markers and implemented the premium mod cooldown changes you've talked about a few weeks ago - these are awesome changes that you can proudly mention in the patchnotes. why didn't you? simply slipped through?
I mean it's somewhat of nice advertisement mentioning such positive changes (even if they're little, QoL is important!)

You make some great points. This patch was the largest thing we have attempted since we took over, and we just missed those. 

I agree that it's a shame that we didn't socialize the Premium and Objective text changes which were made for the community.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Also, when entering riot, playing the mode, and then going into the mission, players, and me have been left with the "fog haze" throughout the map forcing you to restart the game.

35 minutes ago, Doom32 said:

Also, when entering riot, playing the mode, and then going into the mission, players, and me have been left with the "fog haze" throughout the map forcing you to restart the game.

fog is part of the game made by the classical scheme of the Halloween event .  I think everything was done correctly .

51 minutes ago, Doom32 said:

Did you join social after that? (i'm gonna try that later see if the slaybells/epidemic event fog bug is still there)