illgot

how would you balance vehicles?

Right now there are 2 competative choices in vehicles.

The Pioneer and the Vegas 4x4.

Every other vehicle is inferior even the Espacio.

The Pioneer has near max carry capacity, large pool of health and can push it's way through anything and NEVER gets flipped upside down.  The Espacio has the same health, carry capacity, but completely lacks the push power of the Pioneer.  The Pioneer is basically an APC in this game compared to other vehicles.

The Vegas 4x4 has high health and tremendous speed taking off.  I can often ram and blow up vehicles using the Vegas 4x4 just from a stand still while other vehicles often need inertia.  Vegas lacks carry capacity and room for 4, but makes up for it by speed and health and push capability.

I love both these vehicles but they dominate in utility compared to any other vehicles in game.

Any talk on how to buff the other vehicles to make them more useful?

Edited by illgot
  • Like 3

renerf steel plating so no1 uses it again

nerf pioneer

nerf 4x4

let people drive bishada/vegas/jericho/micro again

How about you just buff the really shitty vehicles?

Also not every vehicle in APB is meant to be good. The game was purposefully designed to have tiers in the vehicles as a form of progression and other reasons.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

This is one of those rare instances where NotZombieBiscuit says something constructive, and I agree.

• Like 4

I'd change steel plating and then I'd elevate the morai, bishada and jericho to S-tier vehicles with buffs. Not every vehicle needs to be S-tier but this would introduce some variety in the higher tiers until we actually get new vehicles for all tiers.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Also not every vehicle in APB is meant to be good. The game was purposefully designed to have tiers in the vehicles as a form of progression and other reasons.

Guess what! so that you can continue your Car Gameplay? The Espacio and special the Pioneer takes too long to get down. Buffing the shit vehicles will do not solve the problem. Nobody will use are Balkan Ravan for the Car Gameplay even you buff the hell out of this car! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, saudauish said:

renerf steel plating so no1 uses it again

nerf pioneer

nerf 4x4

let people drive bishada/vegas/jericho/micro again

Noone even uses steel plating xd

buff the other cars.... all you need is a pistol and a nade to kill any bishada, jericho, kurai, vegas etc... all trash cars... coywolf is awesome but same thing... a pistol can blow it up.

How about charging more to spawn the OP vehicles and/or making the shit lower tier vehicles free to spawn? 

It sucks how a 1 slot micro costs the same to spawn as a 4 slot vegas, so cost-wise people will use the vegas because it's more bang for the buck.

Or just make all the vehicles the same, and mods decide what powers they have. Then we can finally drive whatever vehicle we want without having to be pigeon-holed into two vehicle types to be "competitive". 

2 hours ago, DominationBaby said:

Nobody will use are Balkan Ravan for the Car Gameplay even you buff the hell out of this car! 

Ravan has the best acceleration for a free-to-spawn vehicle, it's the ultimate disposable taxi.

Oh yay, another one of these threads. Has it been a week already?

Make the Broadwing the Enforcer starter car.

Make the Espacio the Criminal starter car.

Delete all cars inferior to these two.

Balance what is left.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Balance what is left.

Might aswell make the dumptruck an enforcer and criminal starter car. But seriously when are we gonna get the armored truck as a vehicle for enforcers much more health and carrying capacity than a pioneer but not as fast.

17 minutes ago, damn2112 said:

Might aswell make the dumptruck an enforcer and criminal starter car. But seriously when are we gonna get the armored truck as a vehicle for enforcers much more health and carrying capacity than a pioneer but not as fast.

Oh man, imagine customizable dumptrucks! 

Shut up and take my money!

Make the ambulance ownable and give it some ramming power

• Like 1

allow all cars to reach 23m/s without nitro 

rebalance acceleration based on simulated weight

change nitro so that it provides equal boost to every car, instead of only high torque vehicles 

• Like 1

They should buff the Cisco bishada and the v20 to be slightly worse than the 4x4 and the morai and kurai and Fresno to the level of the t-25

Leave the starters cars as they are

Fix bishada/jericho back wheel hitbox bug, nerf steel plating because of pioneer/espacio, nerf nitrous on pioneer/espacio, nerf explosives 3 on pioneer/espacio, nerf 4x4 by making it less tanky. This alone adds more variety.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Balance what is left.

Enforcers get tier 1 starter cars, while criminals get tier 3 starter car - newbie enfs pay 25$ per respawn, newbie crims pay 100$ per respawn.

Cars inferior to Espacio include Broadwing.

Only tier 3 cars are left.

Honestly leave tier 0 cars as starters - although I think there should be choice which 1-slot tier 0 car you receive.

I love tier 0 cars for one sole reason - they are free to respawn so it's great option for poor newbies.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Enforcers get tier 1 starter cars, while criminals get tier 3 starter car - newbie enfs pay 25$ per respawn, newbie crims pay 100$ per respawn.

Cars inferior to Espacio include Broadwing.

Only tier 3 cars are left.

Honestly leave tier 0 cars as starters - although I think there should be choice which 1-slot tier 0 car you receive.

I love tier 0 cars for one sole reason - they are free to respawn so it's great option for poor newbies.

tiers... hilarious

I really love HAN Coywolf, and I rarely use anything else. Situationally other vehicles.

I would love to have buffed alternatives of current "shitty" vehicles just like HAN Coywolf is, while buffing Micro, and Cisco, and Bishada a little bit.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

tiers... hilarious

Yes tiers.

As cars land in the same price tag there.

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

Yes tiers.

As cars land in the same price tag there.

Mitne, obviously the prices would be changed along with the stats.

Edited by CookiePuss

Speaking of vehicles in need of love: Han Veo & Coywolf. It needs slight health buff and Coywolf only has 2 cargo space (seriously wtf). 10-20% more hp and either 5 or 10 cargo capacity and it's just perfect. 

10 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

I'd change steel plating and then I'd elevate the morai, bishada and jericho to S-tier vehicles with buffs. Not every vehicle needs to be S-tier but this would introduce some variety in the higher tiers until we actually get new vehicles for all tiers.

Moirai used to be a good car, but they nerfed it from being an AWD vehicle to RWD, which halved the torque. Please make it awd again, because the reverse gearing is garbage. On top of that, a lower tier vehicle, from which the Moirai should be an upgrade from: Dolton Broadwing. The Moirai should be returned to it's old state (at least for the drivetrain)

imo, Cisco has too low health for a top tier car, it needs a slight buff. The mid tier vehicles, Kurai, Moirai, T-25 could use a slight, just a slight health/armor buff.

I think the post-starter cars ($15k vehicles) could remain where they are at for now until the higher tiers get balanced. Boost the Montane's carry capacity. The thing's a dang pickup, much more cargo space than any van could hold, it's storage (a bed) is not constrained by the vertical element like the Ceresco.

The Han Veos, and both Macchina cars could use a sort of buff, but I'm not too keen on how to improve them without making them too much better than the other vehicles.

11 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Mitne, obviously the prices would be changed along with the stats.

So far i'm not so positive of this changes, especially since you want to limit number of possible to use vehicles.

Speed should be sacrificed for health.

Right now the 4x4 is the fastest and tankiest vehicle, and it can go into airplane mode.

Hell even the pioneer with nitro 3 is the fastest vehicle for missions.

Playing a bishada, jericho, cisco, coywolf or regular vegas is a pain in the patootie.