Sign in to follow this  
Snubnose

Ancient Video - the times we were spoiled with map (balance) changes.

we haven't had anything like this for like what, 5 years now?

I really hope LO will continue balancing / tweaking spots (and maybe creating new ones) around san paro after the engine update hit... (untill we get APB2 1.0)

anyway, I really felt like sharing this because it made me feel happy and sad at the same time (nostalgic, I'd say)

(btw, does anyone have footage of the old skatepark? a direct comparison / overview video would be gold!)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

i hope there will be many changes to the map in the future

many many spots where textures are missing physics,

like glass walls that don't break and just act like walls , holes you can't shoot trough , bulletproof fences , fences with hitbox triple their actual size , there's just so much to be changed

• Like 5

They will, i am sure of that and i can't wait to see.

there was a fuckhuge thread with a lot of really good suggested map changes, but so far it seems to not even have been acknowledged by LO - not even a "hey we saw this!"

• Like 1

Keeps the game phresh!

24 minutes ago, Nitronik said:

there was a fuckhuge thread with a lot of really good suggested map changes, but so far it seems to not even have been acknowledged by LO - not even a "hey we saw this!"

I assume you mean "Not so lazy ideas for map changing" by Ellix

Pretty sure this has come up before and has also been posted in a thread where Matt was active.

• Like 2

I have been looking everywhere for footage and pictures of the old skatepark as well. I wasn't here back then, but I'm super curious to see how it used to look like :classic_tongue:

I seen this topic few times back in 2013 and more forward in the years and i really would like to see new spots or reworked ones, remember that all district have atleast 15/20 closed areas, all with collisions and objects, ready to be played on but yeah sadly i don't know why they blocked and cut them from the game.

I remember the topic too. The old community manager asked the community what were the most cancer spots at the time and the reloaded team would do their best to improve the area while using their own input along with the community suggestions.

It is long overdue for another round of that, post engine update.

Edited by Shini
  • Like 3

A lot of spots are missing in that video.

I miss these changes, there's still a lot of problematic spots left.

This is one of those rare suggestion threads that I actually agree with, thank you.

Also wow I never realized some of those changes were as big as they were. Guess I owe Reloaded a little more credit than I gave them

9 hours ago, Koda said:

I have been looking everywhere for footage and pictures of the old skatepark as well. I wasn't here back then, but I'm super curious to see how it used to look like :classic_tongue:

If you browse through some of Rapid99's old race videos from 2012 to early 2013 there are some glimpses of the old skatepark.

That being said you basically only see the backside of the building that used to be there.

Edited by swindIe
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, swindIe said:

If you browse through some of Rapid99's old race videos from 2012 to early 2013 there are some glimpses of the old skatepark.

That being said you basically only see the backside of the building that used to be there.

I appreciate that, thanks :classic_happy:

A friend also sent me this earlier.. The place looks so small, but still looks fun :classic_biggrin: if the video doesn't start at the spot - it's at around 3:36.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It took me a while but I found a old screenshot I took back before New Cross skate park extension was added.

This probably was about... 2012/13?

murder-city-by-vickyfox-d51zgpt.jpg

Edited by VickyFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Koda said:

I appreciate that, thanks :classic_happy:

A friend also sent me this earlier.. The place looks so small, but still looks fun :classic_biggrin: if the video doesn't start at the spot - it's at around 3:36.

9 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

It took me a while but I found a old screenshot I took back before New Cross skate park extension was added.

thanks for these!... I gotta say, I like the old one more.. just because it has a more gritty feeling to it and I always wanted a more gritty / urban / sordid atmosphere for APB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VickyFox said:

murder-city-by-vickyfox-d51zgpt.jpg

I had almost forgotten what that old area looked like. I'm really glad they changed it - that whole part of the map plays a lot better because of it.

12 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Keeps the game phresh!

I assume you mean "Not so lazy ideas for map changing" by Ellix

Pretty sure this has come up before and has also been posted in a thread where Matt was active.

Thanks for digging up that thread - so many of those suggestions are still desperately needed in game - especially the docks! The amount of work that went into it is really something, even if I don't agree with all of them. I'd love to perhaps a more concise version for the areas in APB that really need it.

Edited by Lord Cashpoint

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Yes yes a thousand times yes!

Map changes PLEASE!!!

maybe fix the highway , the ramps for it has been broken for ages now, would be nice to see them fixed

• Like 1

Hell. I can propose 3 changes to map out of my head right now. There is room to improvement.

Map changes would be a pretty welcome addition for some areas. That old forum post had some pretty good suggestions in it.

Also there's a couple of vids that give a bit of a view of what the old skatepark looked like. Sadly doesn't quite give a full overview, but it's something.

• Thanks 2

The idea is so good that I smiled somehow, good post !

Ahhh.. old map changes.. old things.. dang i miss them.

That reminds me a spray point in financial is no longer accessible by normal means from a map change where a wall pillar thing blocks it now.

I wonder if Little Orbit would consider changing that so it is accessible somehow.

Sign in to follow this