hateweaver

Trying to be a returning player - colorblind support

I played this game at original launch, then at Gamersfirst launch - 1000s of hours in it, 100s of dollars.  I'm excited about what the new owners are doing and want to come back.

However there appears to still be no colorblind support.  It was hard for me to play 5 years ago, now its worse (because I'm teh oldz).

I really only need ONE thing here - to be able to change the colors of player names above their heads

That's it! That one simple thing would let me play the game.

As it is right now, particularly when it is daylight in-game - I cannot tell the difference between Yellow Friendlies - and Red Enemies.

The only thing I can try to do is memorize my teammates names when the mission starts - obviously this screws my reaction time when in a fight.

I'm fine with it being a $50 Armas charge - I'd pay it just to be able to come back to what is (hopefully) a new rebirth for the game.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hateweaver said:

I'm fine with it being a $50 Armas charge - I'd pay it just to be able to come back to what is (hopefully) a new rebirth for the game.

Charging for gameplay changes isn't LO things, as it's been said 3004 times , Nothing tangible until Engine upgrade 3.5.

I believe configs can change player name colors "advance apb launcher" might have those settings.

41 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Charging for gameplay changes isn't LO things, as it's been said 3004 times , Nothing tangible until Engine upgrade 3.5.

I believe configs can change player name colors "advance apb launcher" might have those settings.

You would need to edit config files. advanced launcher is all about graphical changes, not UI or color pallete changes.

This person's video goes through all the options in the launcher - I didn't see nameplate colors (or anything like that) in there.

But thanks for the pointer! 🙂

I'm very familiar with UE3 ini files - but those aren't UE3 default UI widgets, so I'd need to know the name of them to find them (and the dev would have had to put the color set option in the ini file instead of just setting it code/uScript directly).

I'll keep digging around though - thanks for the replies!

9 hours ago, hateweaver said:

really only need ONE thing here - to be able to change the colors of player names above their heads

Excuse me. not a doctor.  SQBhcJ82Vx.jpg

Try messing with your monitor's settings. the invisible spectrum of colors is a problem that is highly individual for each case .

Edited by Yood

9 minutes ago, Yood said:

not a doctor.

where my brain went.

Sorry

2 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

where my brain went.

Sorry

veterinarian brain busy ....

Edited by Yood

I believe using config files will not work.

If you are running Windows 10, you may want to check out the color blind options it comes with for now.

I haven't tried it myself yet but it might work out for you.

Edited by Speedz

Sadly, no configs can change the colors of the names above players' heads, because they are hardcoded. The game itself has no support for colorblindness at all. There might be some way to change the monitor settings/system graphical settings but that's about it.

I have been saying that we need much more customizable HUD/UI in APB after the Engine Upgrade and that is not only limited to being able to recolor every element of the UI but also resize, enable/disable, add transparency, reposition freely anywhere you want, etc. We also need to be able to customize the crosshairs just like in CS:GO and Quake. While I do think that colorblind setting presets must also be included, that should not stop them from making everything in the UI fully customizable (even "in-game UI" such as player names and their color).

Plus, I think that they must make it an option where any mission HUD markers become like 10%-20% opacity when you look in their general direction to avoid not being able to aim at enemies just because the marker is appearing on top of the enemy player. Same thing goes for the teammate name tags through the wall in Fight Club. These things are generally annoying a lot of people and get in the way of normal gameplay.

You're not able to change a color of nameplates, only killfeed. However you can use sweetfx or some kind of shaders for example making the game full grey except nameplates

Ask Tobii, he can help you to configure, he's a good guy

Edited by Lign

Hey I remember you, asking for this on the old forum years ago!  Sucks that they never got around to it.  Maybe Little Orbit will help out this time instead of it just getting ignored again.  The engine upgrade doesn't seem to be myth anymore considering there's some community members currently testing it, so maybe it can be implemented after the upgrade?

• Like 1