Ketog

The RedHill Institute thread

56 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

Maybe it's just me, but I would have preferred the ARG to be without any rewards at all.

It was a very fun experience and I really enjoyed the spirit and sense of community on Discord while we were trying to crack the codes and find clues, and that would have been enough reward for me. Uncovering bits of the lore, and feeling like LO actually cares about the community is all the reward I could possibly ask for.

I feel like this whole "the staff will judge who publicly claimed the most glory and reward them more" unnecessarily poisons what was otherwise an amazing, community-building event. Just my 2 cents, thanks for the event regardless.

Definitely, as someone who's not super social that sort of bugs me too, but it does make sense for this event.

Maybe in future ARGs there can be different pathways to solving it with different rewards based on pathway took.

Edited by Forumuser12312
quick edit to clarify that I loved this event and this suggestion is meant more as excitement for future possibilities rather than a critique
  • Like 2

New game mode is coming, engine upgrade is coming, more things will come. We are all winners.

• Like 5

where does the controversy here come from

Ah, now that the "scoring" is out, I'm happy with that!  So long as it's not just "whoever used Eyepop's script first wins!" I don't feel nearly so bad for posting it xD

Thanks for the fun ARG!  I actually find myself looking forward to RIOT without actually knowing much about it or being into BR games!

4 hours ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

My only question is "Why now?".

The whole ordeal seemed incredibly miss timed, between the servers having the worst months of their life and no new updates or content to speak of (besides the RIOT game mode itself, which again is another piece of the game out of place because of the issues stated before.) wouldn't this kind of adventure have created more hype for the game, gotten more attention and been an even more positive experience overall if the game was in a better place?

Im not speaking for everyone but i, myself was not interested in the slightest until the last few hours before the solve. Arguably because i had nothing better to do at the time.

If this was implemented at a better time and place for the game i would have been eager to ride the bandwagon from the beginning. Although, it felt lack luster because every time i thought about getting involved with this new lore progression presented to the player base as a" deep seeded conspiracy". I couldn't help but think that regardless of how relatable and interesting this story was, the game itself is at a crawl.

Not being able to continue onto the game with that same feeling that the ARG brought to the plate is a bit disappointing.

I think you raise a fair point here.

The original release date for RIOT was yesterday, but I made the call not to rush the mode based on continuing feedback from testing.

March has been an especially bad month for server-side issues. The team has been scrambling to implement a couple new protection solutions.

This is a case where the best laid plans meet the realities of game publishing and development. The ARG was meant to be a small lore tease for RIOT, and the timing was locked in ages ago, because it required coordination with the development team for the in-game billboard takeover. Once started, there wasn’t a good way to pause it.

We have new internal dates that we are targeting for the public release of RIOT and the engine upgrade. The team is working overtime to hit those dates, which will hopefully address your accurate criticisms of the current game experience.

Thanks,

Matt

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

For me personally the arg was very insteresting it gives the game a new vibe the question is if in the ingame part will be at the same level?

if it is it will be so much fun

41 minutes ago, MattScott said:

The original release date for RIOT was yesterday, but I made the call not to rush the mode based on continuing feedback from testing.

March has been an especially bad month for server-side issues. The team has been scrambling to implement a couple new protection solutions.

This is a case where the best laid plans meet the realities of game publishing and development. The ARG was meant to be a small lore tease for RIOT, and the timing was locked in ages ago, because it required coordination with the development team for the in-game billboard takeover. Once started, there wasn’t a good way to pause it.

We have new internal dates that we are targeting for the public release of RIOT and the engine upgrade. The team is working overtime to hit those dates, which will hopefully address your accurate criticisms of the current game experience.

Thanks,

Matt

I had alot of fun and got 2 good symbols out of it consider me Happy.

Great to see everyone come together (even if it was to pick on y0...nvm) and everyone adds a bit of flavor to the community soup pot of riddles. 

1 hour ago, MattScott said:

Thanks,

Matt

I have a question that you are completely free to answer, and this is: As many people know that the old company G1 promised the new graphic engine, in specific Unreal 3.5 and here the post they made in November 2015 of that.

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2015/11/

And from here comes the question of the century, what you have currently done and the final product, which you want to reach, is something like this?

4 minutes ago, 7GX said:

I have a question that you are completely free to answer, and this is: As many people know that the old company G1 promised the new graphic engine, in specific Unreal 3.5 and here the post they made in November 2015 of that.

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2015/11/

And from here comes the question of the century, what you have currently done and the final product, which you want to reach, is something like this?

There have been lots of posts about the ongoing engine upgrade.  The latest news is here:

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/3/22/end-of-first-quarter-review

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks to you Matt, i appreciated that so much, i can't believe to have partecipated in something like this, since years i was expecting incredible things to happen.

The ARG was so beautiful.. really, compliments to who thought that at LO.

Can't wait to see what you guys will come with in the future!

Stay strong, stay together.

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

We have new internal dates that we are targeting for the public release of RIOT and the engine upgrade.

which are?at least tell us that is..this century

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

which are?at least tell us that is..this century

As frustrating as it is to me to not know when the Engine Upgrade is coming like a lot of people.

Do you really want more target dates and times only for the potential of them to be missed and to be left feeling disappointed or would you not know.

The flip side of the coin is that I'm sure MattScott is reasonable and understanding with delays, but at the same time staff are trying to meet their targets as best as they can.

I don't know what it's like to work at Little Orbit, but most people would agree that the sense of more pressure doesn't help productivity and in fact it's hinders it.

• Like 1

Those who have subscribed to RedHill's newsletter since part 1 of the ARG should receive a tier 4 reward

roosip.gif

• Like 5

I did did not participate, didn't really see the momentum "build up" until later yesterday.

Hopped onto Discord, and saw a flurry of activity in the "Redhill" channel. and immediately came back to the forum for updates.

Hats off to the LO team for the amount of effort and brainstorming to come up this whole "conundrum".

I liked how they "leaked out to the public" by swapping billboards in mission districts.

Nicely done.   👍

And advertising a website on the district Billboards.

And the amount of content & detail provided on the Redhill website was beyond impressive.

I drive around district once in while, never really pay attention to the billboards.

Hats off to the players that initially reported these billboard sightings.

This is officially when "The Game is afoot"

Hats off to @Ketog for the chronological updates.

Was a great read, and brought me, and I'm sure a whole lotta of other players that had not yet jumped on the "wagon", up to date.

Hats off to @Eyepop, for taking the time & effort, and sharing a "Brute Force" password cracker script.

Whoa,,   haha, I'm thinking the LO Team was like;

"WUT ??"

"Wait,,"

giphy.gif

They weren't expecting the amount of resourcefulness and "GODDAMM" determination to crack the password.

It was funny.

I hope@Eyepop, is rewarded accordingly.

Hats off to @SK4LP, with their visual acuity, I gotta admit , I was lost ...

Hats off to everyone that was involved, either Discord or the Forum, and collaboratively solving this puzzle.

It definitely gets you thinking about the new content.    Redhill....

Hooyahh...

Edited by Westford
  • Like 1

so just so were clear what redeem codes are we supposed to use? 

1 minute ago, 1337lad said:

so just so were clear what redeem codes are we supposed to use? 

Oh yeah ,, the redeem codes, I forgot to ask.

Good question ...

Haha,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

😧 I feel like I was cheated out of the coin here...

Ask first, no good deed unpunished later 😛

Yeah, that was the moment where i thinked “Lol..., dont mess with the APB-Community“ Everything is possible... xD

THANK YOU LO-Team and our fantastic APB brothers and sisters from our Community, to let us have such a verry verry nice and funny time, spend together to work again as  a family on APB.

Keep up the good work my Friends and LO, you all are the best!

Edit: Here are some notes i wrote down on the 2nd ARG day.... 😀

img_20190328_231904uiknj.jpg

Edited by SpeedyCat
😎
  • Like 2

I don't like how much the APB discord is used as a metric for virtually everything it feels like. I stay far away from it myself, as I don't see a lot going on in there that I'd want to be a part of. That isn't to say there is nothing good or little of it. I'm just not a fan of how volatile the community is at times. So places that like aren't exactly high on my list personally. 

Going forward I'd prefer if there was something to indicate that X level of participation is required to receive full rewards. Then again that does kinda ruin something like this. The main focus being mystery and such. Outright calling it what it is sorta rips that illusion to shreds. Still.

Anyways it was fun. Even if solving it took a little longer than it probably should have. Low playerbase and all at the moment while everyone waits for game updates.. maybe different type of events would better serve smaller groups? But yeah, I appreciate stupid stuff like this going on at all. It's fun, it gives everyone something to do, and above all else it is level of player interaction I don't think any of us have seen since the game initial re-release. Thank you LO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genobee said:

I don't like how much the APB discord is used as a metric for virtually everything it feels like. I stay far away from it myself, as I don't see a lot going on in there that I'd want to be a part of. That isn't to say there is nothing good or little of it. I'm just not a fan of how volatile the community is at times. So places that like aren't exactly high on my list personally. 

Going forward I'd prefer if there was something to indicate that X level of participation is required to receive full rewards. Then again that does kinda ruin something like this. The main focus being mystery and such. Outright calling it what it is sorta rips that illusion to shreds. Still.

Anyways it was fun. Even if solving it took a little longer than it probably should have. Low playerbase and all at the moment while everyone waits for game updates.. maybe different type of events would better serve smaller groups? But yeah, I appreciate stupid stuff like this going on at all. It's fun, it gives everyone something to do, and above all else it is level of player interaction I don't think any of us have seen since the game initial re-release. Thank you LO.

I dont think Matt prefers that discord either.

I think its only being used in this instance because LO needed to find SOME way to try a gauge a given player's participation, since many players don't even use the forums.

• Like 2

More curious then reward entitled , when someone get's their "tier 4" rewards i'd like to know what was in it.

I wonder if we can get a weapon skin out of this

tITMqEH.png

21 hours ago, MattScott said:

Tier 1 = Anyone who was early to publicly contribute part of a puzzle solution. (It’s hard for us to gauge who was absolutely first between the two channels).

Tier 2 = Anyone who spent a reasonable amount of effort brainstorming and contributing to puzzle solving.

Tier 3 = Anyone who redeems the code before my post on Friday.

Fuck.

Asking what the tiers are counts as being part of Tier 1, right? After all, that means I solved the most important part of the ARG: who gets rewarded.

RIGHT?!

Doing different tiers of rewards is probably going to upset some people regardless of what the rewards are. I'm just hoping there's not too big a difference in how awesome they are.

I know I'm Tier 3 as I found out about it after it was solved, so not complaining about that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

More curious then reward entitled , when someone get's their "tier 4" rewards i'd like to know what was in it.

I wonder if we can get a weapon skin out of this

tITMqEH.png

If its not a tier reward, it'll be a RIOT progress reward.