Jump to content
TheTankBal

Do Something About This Already!

Recommended Posts

why hasnt there been a auto-kicking put in plave that kicks golds/max ranks out of bronze yet?

8KEexBR.png

its geting really old fast having golds feeding on low skilled players like me cuz there crap in there own server.. at the very least has a GM in the damn server to kick someone once they hit gold/maxrank....

  • Like 2
  • Dislike 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there's no easy fix for this, as the thousands of other threads over the years on this subject have illustrated

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because the solution you imply is even more of a negative impact than what is currently happening.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BXNNXD said:

there's no easy fix for this, as the thousands of other threads over the years on this subject have illustrated

thats where your wrong there is a way and its something G1 did for 2 weeks. 

 

LOCK PLAYERS TO THERE THREAT LVL SERVER.... i.e. BRONZE LOCK TO BRONZE, SILVER LOCKED TO SILVER, AND GOLDS LOCKED TO GOLD. 

 

G1 did this for 2 weeks. it was the best to week i ever had in this game. NO CHEATERS AT ALL!

  • Dislike 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

thats where your wrong there is a way and its something G1 did for 2 weeks. 

 

LOCK PLAYERS TO THERE THREAT LVL SERVER.... i.e. BRONZE LOCK TO BRONZE, SILVER LOCKED TO SILVER, AND GOLDS LOCKED TO GOLD. 

 

G1 did this for 2 weeks. it was the best to week i ever had in this game. NO CHEATERS AT ALL!

And that is how dethreating started in the first place. And stops people from playing with their friends.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheTankBal said:

thats where your wrong there is a way and its something G1 did for 2 weeks. 

 

LOCK PLAYERS TO THERE THREAT LVL SERVER.... i.e. BRONZE LOCK TO BRONZE, SILVER LOCKED TO SILVER, AND GOLDS LOCKED TO GOLD. 

 

G1 did this for 2 weeks. it was the best to week i ever had in this game. NO CHEATERS AT ALL!

perhaps in the bronze or silver districts where you normally play there were no cheaters but that wasnt the case in gold districts, the cheaters and the lack of opposition during the threat lock period are what started the real dethreating craze in the first place

 

the optimal solution to this would be the use of phasing for matchmaking purposes, as then it truly wont matter what district anyone is in - but until thats implemented theres not really any other option but to bear with things

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

perhaps in the bronze or silver districts where you normally play there were no cheaters but that wasnt the case in gold districts, the cheaters and the lack of opposition during the threat lock period are what started the real dethreating craze in the first place

 

the optimal solution to this would be the use of phasing for matchmaking purposes, as then it truly wont matter what district anyone is in - but until thats implemented theres not really any other option but to bear with things

 

there was enough opposition during that time, and never came missions so quickly even in half filled districts it was amazing., the truth is most goldies didn't wanted to fight equals and instantly started dethreating. In the end the only mistake G1 did was making dethreating that easy, (remember that even suiciding worked to get negative scores).

Even more funny was when we had that gold rush event, because then gold districts were suddenly "fine" for all those people.

 

But yes in the end We can just hope to get a servercrossing MM that will solve most issues because we don't need to sort these problems out anymore or even look for a somewhat populated district.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just lock districts - golds can play only in gold dist. silver only in silvers etc... 

Add open conflict dist. for those who might want to play with lower threat friends.

If player lvl up in threat force him instantly to choose his lvl threat district. ( Dont give missions for those who play in wrong dist.).

 

Ez pz problem fixed - those who dont like this idea are dethreaters.

  • Dislike 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheTankBal said:

thats where your wrong there is a way and its something G1 did for 2 weeks. 

 

LOCK PLAYERS TO THERE THREAT LVL SERVER.... i.e. BRONZE LOCK TO BRONZE, SILVER LOCKED TO SILVER, AND GOLDS LOCKED TO GOLD. 

 

G1 did this for 2 weeks. it was the best to week i ever had in this game. NO CHEATERS AT ALL!

when G1 did this the number of players dropped noticeably and with a player base of 700 ish that's not an option. This should be dealt with when we have a better threat system and a bigger player base. I know that players are going to stop playing if we don't fix this as well, but there really isn't a good solution to this with the current threat system  (just a thought/opinion) 

Edited by I3ox
fixed some stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheTankBal said:

why hasnt there been a auto-kicking put in plave that kicks golds/max ranks out of bronze yet?

8KEexBR.png

its geting really old fast having golds feeding on low skilled players like me cuz there crap in there own server.. at the very least has a GM in the damn server to kick someone once they hit gold/maxrank....

not all golds are golds though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

not all golds are golds though

Like me :c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheTankBal said:

thats where your wrong there is a way and its something G1 did for 2 weeks. 

 

LOCK PLAYERS TO THERE THREAT LVL SERVER.... i.e. BRONZE LOCK TO BRONZE, SILVER LOCKED TO SILVER, AND GOLDS LOCKED TO GOLD. 

 

G1 did this for 2 weeks. it was the best to week i ever had in this game. NO CHEATERS AT ALL!

if u lock a silver/gold player ur gona make him change servers every 5 minutes, ive seen some people change threat like 20 times in a day.

 

and u cannot compare cheaters with silver/gold players, havent u stopped and think if u are just bad? im not saying APB has zero cheaters but silvers server? u got to be kidding

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

 

there was enough opposition during that time, and never came missions so quickly even in half filled districts it was amazing., the truth is most goldies didn't wanted to fight equals and instantly started dethreating. In the end the only mistake G1 did was making dethreating that easy, (remember that even suiciding worked to get negative scores).

Even more funny was when we had that gold rush event, because then gold districts were suddenly "fine" for all those people.

 

But yes in the end We can just hope to get a servercrossing MM that will solve most issues because we don't need to sort these problems out anymore or even look for a somewhat populated district.

the gold rush only exacerbated the issue by encouraging silvers and bronzes to join the gold districts, forcing some golds to either sit in an empty gold district hoping for it to fill up or simply not play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skill gaps between real gold level players and fringe gold tier players has always been the issue with this. Low gold players aren't as good as the players who are high golds, and those high golds also tend to roll in groups with their friends/clan making the skill gap even greater.

 

Then there is the population issue, without enough high golds in the same district there won't be good matchmaking, leaving the low golds to face what seems like cheater group after cheater group when actually their just really communicating and just more skilled. Without a proper population and enough highly skilled players to match against eachother there will always be a problem. 

 

Grouped teams should get priority to grouped teams to start with, pub stomping isn't very fun; even for the team stomping. Matching by threat works only if there's enough people of the corresponding threat in the same district to even matchmake.

 

Then there is the dynamic aspect of missions are always going to be staggered. As in, one group will always finish a mission before another leading to matchmaking having to draw from a smaller pool.

 

Perhaps a dynamic matchmaking across all similar districts could work, but I'd imagine all the leading into and out of districts would drive people insane. So unfortunately there's no real way around this without a larger and more responsible population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any drastic steps would result in mass exodus AKA Summer '13 

However we wouldn't get Gold Rush this time to bring those people back.

What you can do is when your team plays vs new or very bad players you can ask them to take it easy or simply sabotage the mission. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Vincci said:

if u lock a silver/gold player ur gona make him change servers every 5 minutes, ive seen some people change threat like 20 times in a day.

 

and u cannot compare cheaters with silver/gold players, havent u stopped and think if u are just bad? im not saying APB has zero cheaters but silvers server? u got to be kidding

This issue will never stop being mentioned here's my take,

 

 

1. "lock golds to gold" is a horrible idea and you'll be killing the ability to play (it's not uncommon to have days where only golds are on)

and a lot of other downsides (which doesn't even stop dethreaters that can come back right after they drop their gold) and it's hella annoying enough when you see the most populated district is bronze and you can't join cause your "not too good and not bad enough" gold threat has to sit there wishing you could play. (eh wtf? threat has nothing to do with cheating if anything T's cheat the most ever checked ffbans?)

 

2. Groups of players the one's with 4 max ranks in 1 group will consistently have a better team vs the guy's and girls that solo queue

I don't see balanced match making unless they wanna make "groups of 4 max ranks" impossible.

 

3. Yeah, there's gold threat then there is GOLD threat the skill gap in gold threat alone is massive you have the people about to drop to silver and the "cursed" who will never drop gold threat no matter how bad I play. Maybe a new threat would fix that (or just drop all golds to silver and make gold harder to get)

 

4. My solution? (temporary at least) if you change to gold while in  bronze district you are locked out of bronze districts for 1 week Even if you drop threat (which you can do within hours) at the very least once a week you'll get these guys but the other 6 days it's a little better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good solution would be to make golds deal less damage in bronze servers, like 50% less damage done.
That way they would think twice about going bronze to abuse newbies.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A silver in bronze complaining about players playing in a lower threat district. Said silver is also griefing by refusing to play the mission.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont like this idea simply because if i go gold, theres a chance i cant play because only bronze server is populated. Forcing me to play on the weekends or when Jericho is active which is early morning/late night here. 

 

Maybe in Citadel it would be different since there is more people but im not sure by much since i dont play on Citadel. 

 

tldr; great idea but wont work cause game player base is small. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its already been stated several times that district phasing as well as threat reworking will come after 3.5 is up and stable.

You can stop making these threads now.

 

 

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mfw the OP has a valid points and many of the replies are equally valid rebuttals, it's good to vent I guess? You always could do what I decided to do only a few months ago; challenge yourself to get better because there is no safe spaces

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

 

there was enough opposition during that time, and never came missions so quickly even in half filled districts it was amazing., the truth is most goldies didn't wanted to fight equals and instantly started dethreating. In the end the only mistake G1 did was making dethreating that easy, (remember that even suiciding worked to get negative scores).

Yep, this is exactly what happened. Idk about the other servers, but Obeya had enough Gold population to support TL locked districts. The issue was: "BAW! These quick switching try-hards who run with the item are able to match my running and quick-switching tactics and now I don't win all the time! I want to play against cabbages!"

 

Of course, at the time Obeya had more population than either Citadel or Jericho does now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Like me :c

Yeah me as well.

 

6 hours ago, Zolerox said:

4. My solution? (temporary at least) if you change to gold while in  bronze district you are locked out of bronze districts for 1 week Even if you drop threat (which you can do within hours) at the very least once a week you'll get these guys but the other 6 days it's a little better.

 

I wouldn't play APB at all then.

I'm a silver who can go gold if I get carried.

If I cant play then I wont play period.

Others would do the same and then APB would die for certain.

 

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Its already been stated several times that district phasing as well as threat reworking will come after 3.5 is up and stable.

You can stop making these threads now.

 

 

couldnt agree more thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

the gold rush only exacerbated the issue by encouraging silvers and bronzes to join the gold districts, forcing some golds to either sit in an empty gold district hoping for it to fill up or simply not play

nonsense that was never what happened in gold districts they were filled like hell and we had one missions after the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the players who are gold and play in bronze districts are actually silvers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...