MartisLTU

Remote Detonator in Halloween event.

I don't mind car detonator but its dirty to spawn kill people  just as the mission starts as an exploit

after the mission starts its fair game but as we are all spawning its not fair play

if personal cars could be wiped at start of each mission (dont think it can be without lag etc from current engine) then it would solve it.

also wish way points people  put up were wiped at end of each mission

some guy had same point up all day long it was annoying

he kept saying  "go to waypoint" so we thought he meant his then he got mad

other times after that we thought he meant someone else and he meant his and got mad then too lol

no way to please him  *shrugs*

1 hour ago, Lucidy said:

Remote det requires the person who is on the receiving end to play a specific way. When a person can use car det to manipulate the situation and playing into their aim, you will die.

I used to play with someone who used car det for this specific reason to his advantage. It's not about the face value, it's about the strategical value of how remove det is used... Which was actually stated earlier by @Nite that you refuse to recognize for some reason. 

I think Nite's opinion is good and would like to see you refute either of ours. 

Alright, that's fair, I'll try to explain why I don't think this is an issue:

You say it forces the person on the receiving end to play a certain way. I'm not sure I agree. It just forces the opponent to avoid my car. They can still use whatever weapon they like, or go where ever they want. They just need to avoid a (roughly) 5-10m radius area around a car (that usually is stationary). You can always just bait the trigger, nade the car, or go around it. That's all that you have to change of your playstyle.

But speaking of changing playstyles: I would argue playing against an HVR requires you to change more of your playstyle than playing against a remote detonator. Now, all of a sudden, you need to go up to that roof and clear the sniper out, because he's covering the point, and he's gonna keep doing that until you go up there and kill him close range (or switch weapon and counter-snipe). Isn't that a much bigger forced change in playstyle? A much bigger strategic advantage? If I hide, relying on my remote detonator, 1 grenade from you has ruined all the strategic advantage of that. The same goes for shotguns or SMGs in tight quarters, or playing against ALIG on a vehicle mission: I have to adapt and change my playstyle, because of the significant strategic advantage of those weapons.

There's plenty of stuff that has a huge strategic advantage, and more potential to force your opponent to change their playstyle. But that's what the game is about, and remote detonator is not the worst offender by far. I hope that answered your points.

2 hours ago, Inquitoria said:

Alright, that's fair, I'll try to explain why I don't think this is an issue:

You say it forces the person on the receiving end to play a certain way. I'm not sure I agree. It just forces the opponent to avoid my car. They can still use whatever weapon they like, or go where ever they want. They just need to avoid a (roughly) 5-10m radius area around a car (that usually is stationary). You can always just bait the trigger, nade the car, or go around it. That's all that you have to change of your playstyle.

But speaking of changing playstyles: I would argue playing against an HVR requires you to change more of your playstyle than playing against a remote detonator. Now, all of a sudden, you need to go up to that roof and clear the sniper out, because he's covering the point, and he's gonna keep doing that until you go up there and kill him close range (or switch weapon and counter-snipe). Isn't that a much bigger forced change in playstyle? A much bigger strategic advantage? If I hide, relying on my remote detonator, 1 grenade from you has ruined all the strategic advantage of that. The same goes for shotguns or SMGs in tight quarters, or playing against ALIG on a vehicle mission: I have to adapt and change my playstyle, because of the significant strategic advantage of those weapons.

There's plenty of stuff that has a huge strategic advantage, and more potential to force your opponent to change their playstyle. But that's what the game is about, and remote detonator is not the worst offender by far. I hope that answered your points.

I agree that the HVR changes your playstyle probably the most out of anything in the game, I personally have a very radical idea of the hvr and I would personally just delete it from the game... but I'm not gonna get into semantics of the HVR, doesn't relate to the post.

Mainly what I'm referring to is that when you play against a player, people who have the TTK of weapons down very well, do callouts, etc, you have a situation where a car is ultimately thrown at you. I'm not sure if this happens in bronze districts, but when I fight premades of people that I'd say are at the same experience as me. There's a whole lot of game RNG that goes into this that makes complex situations vastly worse than they seem. (IE: Spawn locations suck) Most of my anecdotal experience comes from someone driving a car right at me, (A pioneer or espacio with explosives 3) you either have to trade the kill and try to TTK someone as fast as they do to you, purposely avoid the car but forget about the player, focus on the player but forget about the car, or you do both. In my personal experience, 9/10 times with a situation like this, you end up with the same results with slight variances.

All it would relatively take in a situation like this is any minimal damage from a car and you are gonna automatically lose. Plus, I don't use concs because they're quite difficult to use against an a-typical shotgun player, which tends to be a lot of gamers nowadays. 

The only good situation I can see me not dying is situations where a person flat out doesn't even know how to use remote det. Spawning a vehicle next to a spawner does not work on me and maybe did years ago, but I'm referring to situations where there is NO cover. You are fighting on a highway and perhaps sometimes you spawn LOS of where they are and they see you, so then they go directly at you with remote det and you die anyways because you not only don't have enough time to conc the car, but if they get out and brick it well before you nade the vehicle. They will still shoot you while you have 0 cover and have a nade in your hands, thus you die regardless.

All the scenarios you end up dying regardless of what you do, you either die by the vehicle or you die by the player in an equal skilled environment of people that I typically play against or even my friends.

Edited by Lucidy

why are so many people having issues with remote det? its the most easy to avoid.

I've been blown up like only 5x in the game in regular missions, and that only because I didn't paid attention.

if you regulary have issues with getting RD blown, you have just some awareness issues and trouble adapting quickly to the changed playstyle vs the detonator.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1

only silvers who cant aim plays with remote detonator... its so fucking annoying, you 1 vs 1 them and when they are about to lose they pressing a button which gives them a free kill and getting rewarded for being bad.

Some Kids abusing it to just get a free kill if they know that they cant beat you with aim and just throwing a car at you no matters if they die or not.

In my opinion, its a bad mod and should not in the game.

Im not saying that "Remote Detonator" is OP. Im just saying its full of flaws, most of the time if no one is taking away my attention (not trying to kill me) i avoid it pretty easy. But sometimes "RD" doesnt show any warning signals, no car sounds or light flashes, it just blows right away after opponent dies. Not to mention you can die even if you are under solid cover ( building walls).

Tbh i wanted this topic to be about "RD" flaw in this event. Dont get me wrong .. its impressive that those ppl. calculated time, but its still a flaw.

Edited by MartisLTU
Rip Eng.

3 hours ago, Player1 said:

only silvers who cant aim plays with remote detonator... its so fucking annoying, you 1 vs 1 them and when they are about to lose they pressing a button which gives them a free kill and getting rewarded for being bad.

Some Kids abusing it to just get a free kill if they know that they cant beat you with aim and just throwing a car at you no matters if they die or not.

In my opinion, its a bad mod and should not in the game.

You sound edgy, you must be edgy.

The point is to win the match.  There's more to winning than just aiming good, and that's totally valid and fine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mynd said:

The point is to win the match.  There's more to winning than just aiming good, and that's totally valid and fine.

^this this, a thousand times this^

10 hours ago, Inquitoria said:

This is true if you take Remote Detonator by itself, but mods in APB don't exist in a vacuum. None of this can really work if the guy with the trigger can just coast the car toward you and spray you down while you try to get away. Even if you both die at the end, that still means you the victim died, as intended.

12 hours ago, Nite said:

This is true if you take Remote Detonator by itself, but mods in APB don't exist in a vacuum. None of this can really work if the guy with the trigger can just coast the car toward you and spray you down while you try to get away. Even if you both die at the end, that still means you the victim died, as intended.

Why are you out of cover? Or, why is your cover made out of something explosive, when you know the opponent has a remote det?

I repeat myself: It's very easy to counter. If I can just send my car towards you and you die without any way of escaping, then that's 100% your own fault.

On 11/5/2018 at 6:39 AM, dett2 said:

No need to nerf car det.

You can avoid it , and its not OP , just annoying.

How do you think about blowtorch?

It can fix barrels easilly , its more important on this mission.

Seconded. Blowtorch is massively ridiculous, both in and out of Epidemic.

this car bombs when event starts are ridiculous indeed..kills like entire team in the beginning wtf is this sht some people will never stop being g*ys

3 hours ago, Inquitoria said:

Why are you out of cover? Or, why is your cover made out of something explosive, when you know the opponent has a remote det?

Because sometimes getting to mission objectives requires you to cross open spaces? You can't stay in cover 100% of the time on missions.

39 minutes ago, Nite said:

Because sometimes getting to mission objectives requires you to cross open spaces? You can't stay in cover 100% of the time on missions.

But being out of cover almost always results in death, remote detonator or not.

You haven't made a single argument for why remote detonator itself is the problem. I can HVR or NTEC you down with just as high killrate as I can with a car with remote det.

10 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

But being out of cover almost always results in death, remote detonator or not.

You haven't made a single argument for why remote detonator itself is the problem. I can HVR or NTEC you down with just as high killrate as I can with a car with remote det.

I get the feeling I'm not really gonna convince you then, but I'm fine with that.

If the guy with Remote Det was gonna HVR or NTEC for that stage you wouldn't even see a hint of his car anyway so I don't see how that situation compares. IME the players who know how to use it are already running CQC loadouts in the first place, so in those kinds of encounters an otherwise contestable fight becomes much less so because of the mod.

35 minutes ago, Nite said:

I get the feeling I'm not really gonna convince you then, but I'm fine with that.

If the guy with Remote Det was gonna HVR or NTEC for that stage you wouldn't even see a hint of his car anyway so I don't see how that situation compares. IME the players who know how to use it are already running CQC loadouts in the first place, so in those kinds of encounters an otherwise contestable fight becomes much less so because of the mod.

I don't think you're gonna convince me, either. Having played with the mod, and against it many, many times, I get kills when my enemies play poorly. And I almost never get killed by it myself. So it's definitely possible to avoid.

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

this car bombs when event starts are ridiculous indeed..kills like entire team in the beginning wtf is this sht

This, now, million times!!!

vHhRnZQ.jpg

Not only is it just cancer, making everyone spend next 5 minutes insulting the culprit(s) in chat, it creates a traffic jam with the blown-up car remains that just adds to the annoyment.

23 hours ago, mynd said:

You sound edgy, you must be edgy.

yeah winning is all about in this game, why you dont just play kevlar 3 and Osmaw with remote detonater and low yields and driving nulander or espacio and specially playing RFP as secondary, i mean winning is all about in this game and not fair play and fun or competitive gameplay.

You are true heros in this game.

14 minutes ago, Player1 said:

yeah winning is all about in this game, why you dont just play kevlar 3 and Osmaw with remote detonater and low yields and driving nulander or espacio and specially playing RFP as secondary, i mean

Do you really think that is a good loadout?

Really?

I think the explosion radius should be lowered. Even when you take some distance away when you hear the alarm theres no chance to avoid It.

16 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Do you really think that is a good loadout?

Really?

Its the noob starter pack

4 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

Free meme giveaway while supplies last

ptvjYwE.png

Most of the time I think your opinion is a shit opinion, but you know, this is a pretty good (and true) meme.

I have used remote detonator during the event to try and help speed up the damage dealt to barrel stacks as well as to try and suppress the progress of small barrels but I've not planted a car bomb for the start of a new game.

I have to say that this has a pet peeve of mine for a good while in Fight Club Baylan Shipping as an enforcer, that and meteors.

While fight club is team death match, there is just no need for spawn killing at the start of a game in a territory capture and hold game mode.

On 11/6/2018 at 10:12 AM, Player1 said:

yeah winning is all about in this game, why you dont just play kevlar 3 and Osmaw with remote detonater and low yields and driving nulander or espacio and specially playing RFP as secondary, i mean winning is all about in this game and not fair play and fun or competitive gameplay.

You are true heros in this game.

So not edgy, just silver.

• Like 1