Jump to content
Lixil

Halloween costume contest!

Recommended Posts

Not gonna lie , i see a lot of players that didn't read the rules / using black in the submissions  , if only they would read a bit more .

 

 

It's a bit annoying to see such good outfits that technically lost because the rules aren't big enough .

Edited by Ketog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

All good comments here.

 

Let's see if I can add some context:

 

The Halloween customization contests were meant to be a fun way for people to engage APB without competing in-game.

 

On paper, the idea of doing a "Facebook only" contest looked cool because of the 1.1MM followers there that we want to engage and drive to the forums. However in retrospect, we would have needed to stage the contest differently for it to be more successful. Going forward, we are making more of an effort to post everything to all of our channels (Facebook, Twitter, Forums, etc).

 

Also, the yellow, orange, and purple theme for the character contest was intended to be a fun thematic way to tie-in with the team colors for the upcoming Epidemic event. Not trying to stifle anyone's creativity.

 

Lastly, giving away premium for these contests is a great idea we can try to implement for the future. Once that idea came up (after we posted the contest), we determined it just wasn't feasible. My apologies for those without premium. It wasn't our intention to force you to buy something to participate. The main problem is having an easy way for contestants to sign up ahead of time, so we can add that to their accounts. I didn't want to put more burden on Support, since they are already bogged down. Lessons learned for next time.

 

Thanks,
Matt

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

 

All good comments here.

 

Let's see if I can add some context:

 

The Halloween customization contests were meant to be a fun way for people to engage APB without competing in-game.

 

On paper, the idea of doing a "Facebook only" contest looked cool because of the 1.1MM followers there that we want to engage and drive to the forums. However in retrospect, we would have needed to stage the contest differently for it to be more successful. Going forward, we are making more of an effort to post everything to all of our channels (Facebook, Twitter, Forums, etc).

 

Also, the yellow, orange, and purple theme for the character contest was intended to be a fun thematic way to tie-in with the team colors for the upcoming Epidemic event. Not trying to stifle anyone's creativity.

 

Lastly, giving away premium for these contests is a great idea we can try to implement for the future. Once that idea came up (after we posted the contest), we determined it just wasn't feasible. My apologies for those without premium. It wasn't our intention to force you to buy something to participate. The main problem is having an easy way for contestants to sign up ahead of time, so we can add that to their accounts. I didn't want to put more burden on Support, since they are already bogged down. Lessons learned for next time.

 

Thanks,
Matt

 

May I ask why it wouldn't be possible to simple provide a free 1-day or 2-day premium code to be redeemed by anybody during the event period?

Such as the old famous "WELCOMETOSANPARO" code that gave to any player a 24h premium when redeemed, valid only once.

Having to sign up as a partecipant to be manually added the premium time sounds like an unnecessarily complex approach..

Edited by Nessie
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nessie said:

 

May I ask why it wouldn't be possible to simple provide a free 1-day or 2-day premium code to be redeemed by anybody during the event period?

Such as the old famous "WELCOMETOSANPARO" code that gave to any player a 24h premium when redeemed, valid only once.

Having to sign up as a partecipant to be manually added the premium time sounds like an unnecessarily complex approach..

Ah. Much better. Good idea 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Matt,

 

Always nice to see you here, now to the topic at hand.

Everything you just said is perfectly understandable, however i believe you might want to think this part over:

8 minutes ago, MattScott said:

The main problem is having an easy way for contestants to sign up ahead of time, so we can add that to their accounts. I didn't want to put more burden on Support, since they are already bogged down. Lessons learned for next time.

It would be nice and all, but with that you'd probbably get many players signing up just to get the added benefits of premium for other aspects of the game and not the contest itself, many of whom might not even present anything for the contest in the end. And it's just extra effort you'd have to put in to separately give only the people, who signed up, the premium. Would be easier for everyone if you'd make a temporary 1day premium code (like H4LL0W33N etc) which would only be usable once during the contest timeframe to everyone. I'm not asking for free premium or anything, but it just seems a way simpler idea to implement in my opinion.

 

These are just my thoughts on the matter and in the end you, the LO, are the ones making the decisions.

 

And thank you for the info/update btw.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello creators!

 

I (once again) have updated the rewards we will be giving for this contest.

 

The changes that were made are:

* First place will also get 3D glasses

* If the top 3 winners are all players with Premium, then we will award a 4th place prize to the top non-Premium player including - 30-day Premium code, 1000 G1C, and 3D glasses

 

 

We are also changing the event duration. Even will now end on 29th instead 24th.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Ah. Much better. Good idea 🙂

So are we getting a free premium code for the event or not? There's still 5 days left in this costume contest, which is more than enough time for players to create an outfit.

Back when LadyTiggs was the community manager, she was able to create premium codes for events by herself, so it shouldn't be hard to generate one right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Xnetexe said:

So are we getting a free premium code for the event or not? There's still 5 days left in this costume contest, which is more than enough time for players to create an outfit.

Back when LadyTiggs was the community manager, she was able to create premium codes for events by herself, so it shouldn't be hard to generate one right now.

We aren't going to do a free premium code this time around. But it's a great idea for next time.

Instead, we modified the rules to guarantee that at least one non-Premium player will get a decent prize.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lixil said:

Hello creators!

 

I (once again) have updated the rewards we will be giving for this contest.

 

The changes that were made are:

* First place will also get 3D glasses

* If the top 3 winners are all players with Premium, then we will award a 4th place prize to the top non-Premium player including - 30-day Premium code, 1000 G1C, and 3D glasses

 

 

We are also changing the event duration. Even will now end on 29th instead 24th.

 

4 hours ago, MattScott said:

We aren't going to do a free premium code this time around. But it's a great idea for next time.

Instead, we modified the rules to guarantee that at least one non-Premium player will get a decent prize.

 

 

Actually having two categories for an event sounds cool , so players without premium will also have a challenge wil limited symbols 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, why does the "Yellow" code looks like green instead? 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 1:21 AM, Lixil said:

Rated PG-13: Parents Strongly Cautioned – some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.

 

 

Do you realize that APB got born as a +18 game right?

Basicly you can't low the rate to +13 to a game that contains, nudity, drugs, alcohol, strong violence.

Edited by KittyLanah
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 12:55 AM, Lixil said:

A fully customizable Patriot Vegas with 4 open slots and four-wheel drive

The Patriot Vegas G24 is the rear wheel drive variant, available trough contacts.

Joker Vegas G24 is the all wheel drive variant, available trough Joker Store and ARMAS.

 

Sorry for me being nit-picky but you mean Joker Vegas G24, do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KittyLanah said:

 

Do you realize that APB got born as a +18 game right?

Basicly you can't low the rate to +13 to a game that contains, nudity, drugs, alcohol, strong violence.

Unfortunately, you will have to share a screenshot of your costume on these forums which are PG13.

13 minutes ago, M4N!4C said:

The Patriot Vegas G24 is the rear wheel drive variant, available trough contacts.

Joker Vegas G24 is the all wheel drive variant, available trough Joker Store and ARMAS.

 

Sorry for me being nit-picky but you mean Joker Vegas G24, do you?

It's the Joker Vegas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do people not realise that having strict colour requirements is meant to breed creativity when put within confines. It shows creativity by making something within those bounds rather than having free roam.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, M4N!4C said:

The Patriot Vegas G24 is the rear wheel drive variant, available trough contacts.

Joker Vegas G24 is the all wheel drive variant, available trough Joker Store and ARMAS.

 

Sorry for me being nit-picky but you mean Joker Vegas G24, do you?

joker_vegas.PNG?psid=1&width=599&height=
I'd say both are correct...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lixil said:

Unfortunately, you will have to share a screenshot of your costume on these forums which are PG13.

So why dont you make only the APB section PG18 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can i  wear a black hoodie and pretend to be a tryhard.does that count as a hallowen costume? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All entries seem to be wearing the costume of "guy/girl in colored clothing".

 

... awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

All entries seem to be wearing the costume of "guy/girl in colored clothing".

 

... awesome

 

Isn't the event literally a "colored costume weared by guy/girl" thing?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Nessie said:

 

Isn't the event literally a "colored costume weared by guy/girl" thing?

Is a hoodie and jeans really a costume? 

 

I mean, is there a difference between a costume and an outfit? Or no?

 

I kind of assumed a halloween costume contest would have... you know halloween costumes?

 

Shouldnt I be able to say "What are you?" Kind of like any other Halloween costume contest?  

 

 

 

 

Edited by CookiePuss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Is a hoodie and jeans really a costume? 

 

I mean, is there a difference between a costume and an outfit? Or no?

 

I kind of assumed a halloween costume contest would have... you know halloween costumes?

 

Shouldnt I be able to say "What are you?" Kind of like any other Halloween costume contest?  

 

 

 

 

maybe my idea of a festive time is acknowledging the holiday with the least amount of effort you dont know me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here, I googled "halloween costume contest winners"...

 

CTJOVMB.png

 

 

See what Im saying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

here, I googled "halloween costume contest winners"...

 

[image]

 

 

See what Im saying?

is that first guy the wall from stranger things lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

is that first guy the wall from stranger things lol

Yep, from the TruMoo 2017 Halloween Costume contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 12:55 AM, Lixil said:

This contest will start on today, October 17th and end on October the 29th. Winners will be announced on the Friday 26th!

@Lixil Hi Lixil, think you made a little typo on the dates? Think the Winners cant be announced until the event has not ended, or i am wrong? 🤪

Happy Halloween to ya all....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...