Miragta12CZE

how do you arrest without LTL weapons?

i was always wondering how, i was witnessing some criminals, but i couldnt arrest them no matter what, its pretty strange

They need to be stunned. It's possible to do enough stamina damage to stun people with non LTL weapons, but overall you need to have LTL weapons in order to stun them reliably.

• Thanks 1

Weapons with high stamina damage. Non-LTL weapons would be Nano, percussion nades and DMR in particular.

Edited by freq
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

nano on people who jump down higher buildings work quite well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miragta12CZE said:

i was always wondering how, i was witnessing some criminals, but i couldnt arrest them no matter what, its pretty strange

All you need is a Stabba weapon (they are orange at contact).

2 hours ago, Miragta12CZE said:

You're probably confusing the handcuffs icon over their head meaning they can be arrested. The icon means they can be witnessed. Once they are witnessed you can either kill them or use the stabba LTL weapons to stun and arrest them. It is not a requirement that you arrest the criminals you witness. 

• Like 1

guns with stamina damage like DMR SD or Nano + fall damage

You can put heavy barrel 3 on a tommy gun or a DMR to stun.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:33 AM, alcholism said:

You can put heavy barrel 3 on a tommy gun...

no, this dont work
played a while with hb3 on Tommy gun....i never stunned anyone

I did not see anyone detail this so I'll say it

When you see handcuffs over a crims head it means they are committing a crime (clearly)
By default you then use your cross hairs on them and hold the ALT key to "witness" them
Simply seeing them is not enough - you must engage them with the ALT key to take on the assignment of arresting them

If however you are in a mission against them you do not need to witness them since you are already on assignment against them

Details of weapons and what stuns is  another matter that I am not informed of well enough (other than typical LTL fire arms , stun grenades , and  percussion grenades)

Also for those who do not have grenades to begin with :
If i remember correctly the tutorial is the  T key and you can earn the beginning grenades with it and one advancement further is the perc grenades after you get enough grenade kills
I believe perc grenades unlock at rank 3 for grenade kills

Edited by Fortune Runner

I still have an LTL weapon equipped, but get a couple LTL shots on target then switch to Nano and finish the stun.

But anything with stamina damage I believe.

Once you unlock the percussion grenades, I would highly recommend the Stabba "PIG" + perc nade strat. This pistol doesn't show up under the Less Than Lethal category (at least for me), so you may need to find it under all weapons. Most players' first impression of this gun is that it's useless, due to it's abyssmal 3-second recharge between shots. However, if you master this method, it'll become a thorn in any criminal's side and imo it's the fastest, most efficient way to grind your cop rank.

The way stunning people works in this game is based on "stamina damage". The orange Stabba line of weapons, otherwise known as Less Than Lethals or LTLs for short, is specifically designed to prioritize stam damage over damage to HP. Every weapon in the game does a tad bit of stamina damage with each hit. Most of them don't do enough to make a difference, but there's a few that can inflict much more than the others. Having all your stamina depleted leads to death, meaning LTLs can kill as well.

So basically with the PIG and percs, shoot once then hit your enemy in the face with a perc or vice-versa. Instant stun every time and makes for some very salty crims. You can make the most of this strategy by having a mobile ammo supply or field supply box close-by as well as cuffmate IV.

Other great tactics people mentioned are a well-timed stun grenade + pew pew from Nano, PIG + DMR and taking advantage of fall damage. I'm fairly certain eightballs and half bricks can stun someone too, but it's tricky and based on range. After stunning, you can start arresting people. 

Now go kick some patootie! 😆

Edited by KiIIjoy

5 hours ago, KiIIjoy said:

Once you unlock the percussion grenades, I would highly recommend the Stabba "PIG" + perc nade strat. 

just don't

username checks out tho Edited by neophobia

TG-8
and as mension above percs + nano
could be silenced dmr with heavy barrel (stun on 3-4 shots)
pig + scout
pig + i think any other gun with alittle stamina dmg

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 2:21 PM, Miragta12CZE said:

USE a DMR sniper with Heavy barel 3

On 5/29/2018 at 2:21 PM, Miragta12CZE said:

group with someone who has OPGLCD and arrest all their stuns 😛

2 hours ago, Stunny said:
group with someone who has OPGLCD and arrest all their stuns 😛
Professional necromancer right here

nano when people take fall damage

On 8/22/2018 at 4:54 AM, Keshi said:

nano when people take fall damage

attaboy ! )