xnyuu

LO should have written this long ago

I think LO should stay operational just to spite you specifically

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nyancorp said:

a7b425e4af7c6404523e3d5edae4e95c.png

just keeping the servers operational

lol, really does go for all their games, they have nothing of value except apb and they really drove that into the ground

10 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

lol, really does go for all their games, they have nothing of value except apb and they really drove that into the ground

Wait. So APB is worth something?

• Like 1

Why do people who have no fucking idea about development talk about these things and give their opinion about what others should do?...

One thing is to create a videogame, from 0. The case of FNTASTIC.
And another thing totally different is to take a game, maintain it and add new features to it. The case of LO.

WTF Bruh

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MonkaS said:

the ip is

LO doesnt own the IP. They sold it to some chinese company years ago

35 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

LO doesnt own the IP. They sold it to some chinese company years ago

gotta make as much money as possible off this dead game, they are vultures picking at the corpse of apb

Little Orbit isn't facing financial issues. They are focused on creating assets for other companies, which generates the necessary income for the company to sustain its operations and pay salaries. APB serves as more of a side project, typically worked on by one or two individuals. It's not a high priority and won't likely become one in the future unless it undergoes significant changes that make it worth re-releasing and marketing.

Matt himself mentioned that they maintain the servers out of goodwill, as it likely costs more to keep them running than the revenue they generate for the game.

On 12/13/2023 at 7:13 AM, Gateron said:

Little Orbit isn't facing financial issues. They are focused on creating assets for other companies, which generates the necessary income for the company to sustain its operations and pay salaries. APB serves as more of a side project, typically worked on by one or two individuals. It's not a high priority and won't likely become one in the future unless it undergoes significant changes that make it worth re-releasing and marketing.

Matt himself mentioned that they maintain the servers out of goodwill, as it likely costs more to keep them running than the revenue they generate for the game.

No they keep the servers on because this is the only relevant active title on their portfolio..

Without this they have absolutely NO WIND in their sails...

1 hour ago, CHRISCEO said:

No they keep the servers on because this is the only relevant active title on their portfolio..

Without this they have absolutely NO WIND in their sails...

Have you read what I mentioned? Their primary business model involves creating assets for other game companies. They acquired Gamersfirst most likely due to its low cost, seeing it as a potential future platform to launch new titles whenever they develop a game and believe the timing is opportune. I hope they decide to shut down the game so that those who constantly criticize it will feel disappointed when they genuinely want to play.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gateron said:

Have you read what I mentioned? Their primary business model involves creating assets for other game companies. They acquired Gamersfirst most likely due to its low cost, seeing it as a potential future platform to launch new titles whenever they develop a game and believe the timing is opportune. I hope they decide to shut down the game so that those who constantly criticize it will feel disappointed when they genuinely want to play.

Best believe I read what you mentioned.

But I have to say... after following this company for so many years..

What games are they making assets for ?

The latest one they are even associated with is from 2015....

The only other game that made dedicated heads turn was Fallen Earth, and that is so niche that I don't think ANYONE even knows it came back.

I don't know what I want LO or Matt to do, but I know one thing for sure.... APB cannot exist in this climate, especially with the new GTA coming out soon, which will make so many GTA clones that APB will get buried in the wake.

Edited by CHRISCEO

Have to respect their decision to refund every game purchase made on steam regardless of hours spent, it was a blunder but they had the decency to own up to it 

If LO had fixed the major QOL flaws back when they first bought the game instead of being blinded by the upgrade that never could maby the game might be decent now. But instead they waited till mid 2023 to actually start working on those and only after they realised too late that the engine upgrade wasnt possible.

10 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

If LO had fixed the major QOL flaws back when they first bought the game instead of being blinded by the upgrade that never could maby the game might be decent now. But instead they waited till mid 2023 to actually start working on those and only after they realised too late that the engine upgrade wasnt possible.

Welcome back. I’ve missed your positivity. 

I came back after 4 years to check how many changes were made in the game. Surprise surprise it still looks the same and I can honestly say I didn't miss the person above me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CatInTuxedo said:

I came back after 4 years to check how many changes were made in the game. Surprise surprise it still looks the same and I can honestly say I didn't miss the person above me.

we aint miss u either cuh

On 12/18/2023 at 7:33 PM, CatInTuxedo said:

Yeah visually i didn't change but under the hood a huge upgrade with performance.

On 12/12/2023 at 9:35 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

Wait. So APB is worth something?

the IP/Lore is yes, whatever LO sold to UNIT GAME. shows their belief in the game

On 12/18/2023 at 4:07 PM, CookiePuss said:

Welcome back. I’ve missed your positivity. 

Ive been busy dealing with irl stuff. Like buying my own house and requiring surgery again (2nd still pending) But hey. Whats severe pain daily. Only thing ive seen thats changed around here is that you cant buy premium time anymore.

Merged.

On 12/19/2023 at 9:29 PM, iRawwwN said:

the IP/Lore is yes, whatever LO sold to UNIT GAME. shows their belief in the game

Or that they werent smart in making a purchase of something that historically has been a problem. Would of been better to start fresh with APB 2 but thats me.