Emily

Chat with Matt! Tuesday Nov 21rst!

3 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

so how well did this go. i have time but i rather waste it doing anything that isn't watching some garden gnome talk about a dead game.

Matchmaking being tested publicly regularly on OTW (discord channel announces these playtests), EAC ban / unban update (they are working on an updated appeal system with Epic), new car in-dev w/ screenshots, new unsilenced perma nano on regular sale (NOT legendary) for Black Friday along with KTTW pack discounted by an extra 25% on top of premium discount,

vsZ4F37.png?ex=656f8ac3&is=655d15c3&hm=dimage.png?ex=656f8ab8&is=655d15b8&hm=7a7

butcher.png?ex=656f8981&is=655d1481&hm=b

Edited by Sophiie

5 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

so how well did this go. i have time but i rather waste it doing anything that isn't watching some garden gnome talk about a dead game.

you didnt miss anything

Anything about the performance problems introduced with the EAC update? Social crashed a few minutes ago.

Edited by BlatMan

On 11/20/2023 at 6:49 AM, ninjarrrr said:

tell us more about unit game, since u sold the rights and then they also disappeared off the earth

The honest answer is that I don't know. I saw that question and attempted to check in with them and didn't get any response.

21 minutes ago, MattScott said:

The honest answer is that I don't know. I saw that question and attempted to check in with them and didn't get any response.

so... the ip was just sold randomly to a random company with no credentials or products or...  anything? their site claims they were founded in 2001 and talk about having apb but that's it. no products on display or works. at least their site doesn't make my antivirus freak out anymore, i guess.

Also, are there any plans to add more devs to work on apb? what's the deal with just a single dev working on the game?

Edited by Vitrorax
  • Like 3

How about a mission board? The interface is similar to an auction kiosk. The player himself selects available tasks or places new ones. The task line contains information about the difficulty and a brief description of the task. How about a mission editor?

Edited by Yapopal
  • Like 1

A chat? With Matt? Sounds great!

I was wondering: any chance that we can see a 'preset loadout' in terms of weaponry in the future of APB:R? And if so, would it be able to 'equip and unequip' owned modifications so that you only need to possess one? This has been a feature that I (an ARMAS weapon collector) would like to see :3

I hope you and the devs still have fun working on APB; and that you're proud of giving a fan-community some hope for the future of APB. Consider that another question ^,,.-

Is it possible for you to share some information about the resources (thinking mostly team size, man hours) that are roughly being used any given month?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sophiie said:

Matchmaking being tested publicly regularly on OTW (discord channel announces these playtests), EAC ban / unban update (they are working on an updated appeal system with Epic), new car in-dev w/ screenshots, new unsilenced perma nano on regular sale (NOT legendary) for Black Friday along with KTTW pack discounted by an extra 25% on top of premium discount,

vsZ4F37.png?ex=656f8ac3&is=655d15c3&hm=dimage.png?ex=656f8ab8&is=655d15b8&hm=7a7

butcher.png?ex=656f8981&is=655d1481&hm=b

you guys waited months for this. wow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowhorseman said:

ok....and?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowhorseman said:

That is Not a Pick Up Truck.

That looks like a reskin of the Mustang or 'Not Mustang' that we already have.

Thats ok Dev, even Ford can't make a real pick up anymore, they all quad cabs

with tiny 4 foot beds

5 minutes ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

That is Not a Pick Up Truck.

That looks like a reskin of the Mustang or 'Not Mustang' that we already have.

Thats ok Dev, even Ford can't make a real pick up anymore, they all quad cabs

with tiny 4 foot beds

Where do you see mustang in that?

It's an altered charger with a tesla model 3 roof.

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

Where do you see mustang in that?

It's an altered charger with a tesla model 3 roof.

Looks like a reskinned Jericho, which to me looks like the new age plastic mustang. 

however it does resemble the new age charger in the rear and the GM new age Camaro in front.

They just don't make em like they used to, betchu the pos is front wheel drive

6 hours ago, R3ACT3M said:

ok....and?

you would think they would give a bit more right? not just "heres a few items we may or may not add in the next year. k thx bye

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

you would think they would give a bit more right?

I'm somewhere in between where after long silences I come to expect more. But then when I see the mountain they had to climb over to fix what RTW did. I'm more forgiving. Make no mistake im still aware this is a company and generally speaking companies are not our friends. But I do also think LO has shown more love for this game than any thing G1 did

16 hours ago, cowhorseman said:

you would think they would give a bit more right? not just "heres a few items we may or may not add in the next year. k thx bye

Matchmaking rewrite took up the devs time according to the interview, car was only worked on for a little bit of time, nano was a sale item and likely didnt take much time at all

8 hours ago, Sophiie said:

Matchmaking rewrite took up the devs time according to the interview,

Dev*. There's only 1 person working on apb.

car was only worked on for a little bit of time,

Car wasn't even made by Little Orbit. Matt Scott himself said during the interview that the car had already been made years ago by Reloaded. It is "98% done," just needs wheels (again, according to Matt). But AGAIN, only 1 dev (who's currently working on the matchmaking thing) so who knows when it'll release.

nano was a sale item and likely didnt take much time at all

yep. Didn't take any time at all. Just a contact nano with a skin.

Why is there only a SINGLE person working on the game?

10 hours ago, Vitrorax said:

Money

(there’s more than one person involved in keeping the game going btw, other than Secrets)

Edited by CookiePuss

On 11/24/2023 at 2:17 PM, CookiePuss said:

Money

(there’s more than one person involved in keeping the game going btw, other than Secrets)

do you actually believe that, or are you just lying to try and larp as if your SPCT badge matters

Merged.

On 11/24/2023 at 3:30 AM, Vitrorax said:

Dev*. There's only 1 person working on apb.

Car wasn't even made by Little Orbit. Matt Scott himself said during the interview that the car had already been made years ago by Reloaded. It is "98% done," just needs wheels (again, according to Matt). But AGAIN, only 1 dev (who's currently working on the matchmaking thing) so who knows when it'll release.

yep. Didn't take any time at all. Just a contact nano with a skin.

im pretty sure that secrets guy does not write any of the code. they more likely pay somebody else to write code for them, and then present it as their own.

Merged.

On 11/22/2023 at 3:53 PM, koenyboy500 said:

A chat? With Matt? Sounds great!

I was wondering: any chance that we can see a 'preset loadout' in terms of weaponry in the future of APB:R? And if so, would it be able to 'equip and unequip' owned modifications so that you only need to possess one? This has been a feature that I (an ARMAS weapon collector) would like to see :3

I hope you and the devs still have fun working on APB; and that you're proud of giving a fan-community some hope for the future of APB. Consider that another question ^,,.-

they aren't working on APB, they haven't for the past 5+ years. not sure what makes you think they are working on apb.

Merged.

On 11/21/2023 at 9:43 PM, TheMessiah said:

So ended like 10 min ago.To summarize: In 1st 40 min when Matt mic was scuffed-they talk about the important things and basically most important are dat the new machmaking and the new contacts are planned to be released together(also the new car which is not finished yet)The other thing is dat is building a system to appeal the EAC bans even further.Pretty much dats it..after dat they start pickin the ez questions..

that just proves they do not do any work ever. if you were an employee for a gaming company, there is zero chance in the world you wouldn't have a functioning microphone that you use daily.

Merged.

On 11/20/2023 at 6:39 PM, nndrei said:

What is your plan to bring more players to the game?

Do you have any suspicion why so few people play APB despite being Free to play?

the reason is because Little Orbit is incompetent, the solution is to sell the game to somebody else.

but they don't do that, so the game is dead still.

• Like 2

Here's a question for Matt: Why are you releasing worthless weapons to ARMAS that nobody with a functional brain will buy? Isn't the point of ARMAS to generate income, so that the game can continue... "existing" might be a strong word, but we'll roll with that?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Here's a question for Matt: Why are you releasing worthless weapons to ARMAS that nobody with a functional brain will buy? Isn't the point of ARMAS to generate income, so that the game can continue... "existing" might be a strong word, but we'll roll with that?

Good question. When the engine update came out, I wanted to support the project. But I couldn't do it because I didn't find the goods I needed. For example, there are no additional slots for clothes, cars, symbols in Armas. There are also no products such as unlocking grenades, some types of weapons. The purchase of equipment, weapon modifiers and cars is also not available. There are no good fonts. There are few products for creativity. You can create a store of universal car wheels with adjustable diameter and width settings. You can add modifiers that change the behavior of cars. 
I love this game because it has the opportunity to show my creativity to others, and I hate those people who ruin this opportunity by claiming that APB is a shooter. These people brought the game to its current state. Becoming a shooter, APB pulls a huge, not really used, ballast of various kinds of editors, auto racing, etc.

Edited by Yapopal

On 11/23/2023 at 3:58 AM, cowhorseman said:

Still waiting for those new contacts that are supposedly ready since like 2018

On 11/25/2023 at 2:09 AM, FakeBungo said:

*snip*

Merged.

they aren't working on APB, they haven't for the past 5+ years. not sure what makes you think they are working on apb.

*snip*

Ok goodbye then Fake

On 11/30/2023 at 6:54 AM, Weaboos said:

Still waiting for those new contacts that are supposedly ready since like 2018

yeah just like the new car its coming soon!

nah just more lies from LO liars and their SPCT yes men crew.

On 11/20/2023 at 2:29 PM, Hexerin said:

That image on the bottom left isn't weapon skins. Those are actual weapons, custom created for specific players by G1/RG. It would be in extremely bad taste to make those weapons (and/or their skins) available to everyone. Especially since they're all just functionally identical variants of the weapon, with a fixed Tagger mod that uses their spraypaint.

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_SniperRifle_HVR243-SD_Sluttles

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_SniperRifle_HVR762_Slot3_Rapid99

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_SniperRifle_HVR243-SD_PurpleCat

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Pistol_FBW-SD_Kitteh

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Explosive_OSMAW_Bastard

Bad taste? Now that's funny. <GM> Tiggs gave them to streamers she liked.