MattScott

Clarification on Fight Club comments

can i hug you mr scott? no ho-mo, unless you want it that way.

Edited by PoshDoll

I think I'm in love with LO. Despite being new, I love how vocal Matt and Co. are with the community. 

nice gg..this new mode "riot" gonna be alternative to the matchmaking?cause gonna be instead open conflict and whats up with FC some1 want to be removed or what?players using grenade launchers there are anoyn just sayn

Edited by BingoBookBG

14 hours ago, PogoTheClown said:

Just toss low yields in the bin and all is forgiven my guy

It was like 2000 we just got a computer me and by brother got into counterstike, and we played at a local lan center all the time. I remember playing with the awp, a lot but it was called the artic sniper then. Some guy would always call me a noob for using a one shot weapon, I thought it was a little cheesy but i remember one kid standing up and yelling once "well you don't have to use it if you don't want to , shut it and just counter it" that was a good day....my point is if you consider it embarrassing that's fine just don't use it. Don't ruin it for others that enjoy the weapon by taking it out. Maybe come up with a replacement if you think it's so bad..

2 hours ago, Nufei said:

I think I'm in love with LO. Despite being new, I love how vocal Matt and Co. are with the community. 

I agree pretty amazing 

11 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

It was like 2000 we just got a computer me and by brother got into counterstike, and we played at a local lan center all the time. I remember playing with the awp, a lot but it was called the artic sniper then. Some guy would always call me a noob for using a one shot weapon, I thought it was a little cheesy but i remember one kid standing up and yelling once "well you don't have to use it if you don't want to , shut it and just counter it" that was a good day....my point is if you consider it embarrassing that's fine just don't use it. Don't ruin it for others that enjoy the weapon by taking it out. Maybe come up with a replacement if you think it's so bad..

Well said. I'm from the times of Counter Strike 1.3 in LAN basement caves where only Russians and Asians were opening these kind of business so I feel you.

Also every time someone complains about a feature of the game I like to reply that if it is part of the game then everyone who thinks it is op could simply grab it and balance things, otherwise, as I usually enjoy more, you can take have some challenging fun using whatever you like to try to counter your opposite team tactics, rite?

Now on-topic, if Matt and the team are planning to add content and even a map as he said, this is going to be just amazing.

2 hours ago, Nufei said:

25 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

I agree pretty amazing 

Compared to old G1 sure. 

But this is how games are supposed to be handled.

Check out Shoe. from Dirty Bomb, this ones from a couple days ago.

1 hour ago, Fruitini said:

My opinion in a nutshell: ask the top players what they think

Economy is important in counter-strike. There's a reason why pro teams aren't questioning why the AWP is in the game, because it's a high risk investment. 

The "shut up and counter it" is a valid argument, but it's kind of a shame that 9 times out of 10 it's being used by people that have thousands of hours invested in the game and still have much to learn. The higher-end of gold players obviously don't have a problem countering it, but there's a reason why that and the hvr are laughed about when someone's trying to get serious about the game. 

2 hours ago, Fruitini said:

Right, except there is an economy in CS where a risk is associated with buying an AWP. Also, CS is a first person game, so someone with an AWP has to peek the corner before they can see the enemy. In APB, someone can sit on a corner and abuse the 3rd person mechanics to instantly remove 850 of your health.

I never understood how someone could make comparisons between APB and CS. They are totally different games with different goals and play styles.

• Like 1

Please dont kill fight club. For vets with max rank, its all we have left.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

But this is how games are supposed to be handled.

Check out Shoe. from Dirty Bomb, this ones from a couple days ago.

All Shoe does is squirm around in that chair with fake enthusiasm and reword 95% of the same information from last fortnights video. Do you genuinely enjoy that?

17 minutes ago, Teardrops69 said:

All Shoe does is squirm around in that chair with fake enthusiasm and reword 95% of the same information from last fortnights video. Do you genuinely enjoy that?

how dare you! 

Sounds like the new mode could be something similar to the past Anarchy Events.

Or it could be an actual Battle Royale mode lol

56 minutes ago, Teardrops69 said:

That makes me think this way maybe its easier to reach a wider audience, I mean these players we are used to see a bunch of times missing the announcements on forums, even re-posting on different social networks doesn't seems to be enough some times, and personally I'd enjoy watching a video with some of the people behind the game we love talking about what they are doing. We had so few like that in the past.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Sorry, but this comparison is the kind where the pot is calling the kettle black, the devs behind DB are absolutely terrible and refuse to listen to the community, they added viewpunch which nobody wanted or asked for and now they refuse to remove it, they also take months upon months to fix broken mercs (Arty's airstrike anyone? What about Proxy mines falling beneath the map? What about the EV's broken hitbox? What about sniper Sparks? What about the Dreiss AR? Why did they change Fragger?) and also the game STILL runs like garbage and it's on a much, much smaller scale than APB.

If you want to talk about good communication, balance (well, to an extent), and regular updates on progress and content, why not look no further than "Letter from the producer live" from Final Fantasy XIV? Sure, it has its flaws, and sometimes the devs do silly things (Eureka was awful on launch, they kept trying to reboot Diadem which was just a failure by design, Machinist went from the worst job to the most broken job in one patch, etc) but it's far better than DB's...whatever, and the game is much larger than DB or APB are, with Yoshi on the board of directors at Square Enix, yet he still manages to find time to keep us all updated on what's going on in the game and what to look forward to.

Edited by Similarities
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

*im actually not replying to anything said in this thread, he asked me a question on the now closed thread and im here to answer*

No Anarchy is not suitable to replace FC.

FC is fun and important because its very different from how the rest of the game plays. It's fast paced, you can kill a lot of people in a short period of time, and most importantly, there's almost no wait for action.

I cant remember if Anarchy was where the district was one big mission or if it was the one where two teams just DM'd in the whole district, but either way the issue with them not being suitable to replace FC is that there IS a wait for action. You can't as easily kill a lot of people in a short time period. There is a lot of camping, and it's not as fast paced. There are also less tactics, you can't as easily 'play the district' to do better in Anarchy as you can with Baylan and Asylum because it's much easier to understand how team v team movements will work compared to shit ton of randoms in a 'team' vs shit ton of randoms in a 'team' fighting in a big open area.

FC or replacement for FC NEEDS to be a small area. That is what makes fight club so great. I don't want another game mode that is basically just missions with a twist. If I wanted missions i'd just go play them. A twist to them or more people or using the whole district doesn't make it more fun. FC makes APB into almost two separate games and I think that's really cool. You can go take your time and use your mind (not really) in missions, and find much slower gameplay there where most of it is pureply positioning and using point advantages, or you can go to FC and get mindful TDM (or mindless, if you want to turn your brain off like most do) for that fast paced gameplay that you can do for hours on end. 

I guess basically my point is, FC is something that a lot of people can play for hours and never get bored because the action doesnt stop until the district dies. In almost every game mode including the base game the action does stop a lot, because there is a lot of traveling involved, far spawns, or getting into positions. I get bored quicker doing missions because I have to wait for a mission, I have to drive around a lot, I have to do points that are just waiting for it to fill the bar. FC that never happens.

PS: i typed this in one go, im sick as fuck and can barely read my screen, and im not going to edit. if its impossible to read and make no sense the tldr is GOTTA GO FAST and other gamemodes dont provide that thanks for reading my garbage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Matt. I feel like this game will head to the right direction.

Did I miss something? I've been playing FC for years and I'm not aware of any problems about it except item glitching on Asylum.. why would they want to change / remove it?

Edited by PHM

On 6/30/2018 at 12:39 PM, PogoTheClown said:

It's straight up just not a well thought out concept. There's a reason high golds have considered it embarrassing to use since the year it was added. 

The amount of nades you carry is just part of it.

I use it with flack jacket is that ok? (I like their accuracy)

Good news, also hope to see return of the Beacon at some point. G1 not just removed Beacon for no reason but also screwed Asylum's special Halloween feeling when added it on permanent basis.

3 hours ago, The Suspect said:

Good news, also hope to see return of the Beacon at some point. G1 not just removed Beacon for no reason but also screwed Asylum's special Halloween feeling when added it on permanent basis.

I really don't understand the appeal of Beacon. I can agree that it's fun when you can only access it occasionally during events, but the broken spawn system (you literally can't often spawn anywhere because the spawn system seems to work on a 2D-map basis) and the brokenness of high damage long range weapons fired while camping at the edges of the map make it not enjoyable in the long run. The gungame ruleset however works awesomely there, as it prevents people from sticking to their favourite crutch and choosing the distance they want to engage enemies. It's a great equalizer when you force people to use various weapons that have different effective ranges and becomes more about general skill and awareness than just mastering a single weapon and keeping distance.

The Baylan map is however really boring and has become stale, since it's been the same for so long and it's not a perfectly balanced map in the terms of team spawns. The least it would require is rotating enf/crim spawns so that the winning team couldn't just set up to camp and spawnkill the losing team during the early stages of next round several rounds in a row. And it could do with a little touchups here and there, mainly just adding and removing some of the containers every now and then to keep the map "alive".

On 6/30/2018 at 2:14 PM, speee said:

I never understood how someone could make comparisons between APB and CS. They are totally different games with different goals and play styles.

maybe I should explain this better, counterstike that we played was 1.5 in the year 2000 I believe it came out in 1999. We where kids the mechanics and strategies that we know today didn't exist then. So basically what I wanted you to take from my post was, counter it or don't use it, don't take something away becuase you don't like it or replace it with an alternative. I wasnt really aware that none excepted maybe one person would take the year into account and realize how younge the game was and we where at that time. So there I guess thanks for telling me how I shouldn't compare games together.

Edited by Fruitini

10 minutes ago, Fruitini said:

maybe I should explain this better, counterstike that we played was 1.5 in the year 2000 I believe it came out in 1999. We where kids the mechanics and strategies that we know today didn't exist then. So basically what I wanted you to take from my post was, counter it or don't use it, don't take something away becuase you don't like it or replace it with an alternative. I wasnt really aware that none excepted maybe one person would take the year into account and realize how younge the game was and we where at that time. So there I guess thanks for telling me how I shouldn't compare games together.

I understand what you are saying. However, being able to counter a weapon does not mean it is balanced. And this has nothing to do with what we like or do not like. Naturally, if a gun is imbalanced and a lot of players know about it, then it will be disliked.

I can tell you now, when I see an HVR on the opposing team which could pose a problem, I switch to HVR myself. I do this to level the playing field. I know that this player can do 850 damage instantly from almost viewing distance. There is no gun that can output that much damage quickly from those ranges. And if it is a particularly good player, they will know to switch positions and sit far back. For example, if I have an objective out in the open which I need to attack, either I take time to push the HVR or I use an HVR and pressure them to peek me through doing the objective. If I push them and I do not have a teammate to coordinate with, then there is a good chance they can spawn and walk a few feet to see the objective again before I get a chance to complete it. 

So HVR is possible to counter, but it is unlikely than anyone will be able to counter the HVR player if they have any sense.

HVR is not balanced for the type of game that APB is. Also, PMG, OCA, low yields, and cars like the Pioneer and Espacio are not balanced. If we start to think like your post, nothing will ever change because everything is technically possible to counter. 

• Like 2

Anarchy was a "Battle Royal" mode before pubg and FN, from the days of DayZ, and I remember having a lot of fun with it.

Everyone whining about apb not adding a BR mode doesn't have to play it.