1 hour ago, BlatMan said:

Innova, the Russian version, checked for modified files when you logged in. If files didn't match you would get kicked in a few minutes for "client/server mismatch."

their anticheat was just a rebranded punkbuster, which was good at detecing modified game files but utterly useless at catching cheaters once bypassed

10 minutes ago, ninjarrrr said:

their anticheat was just a rebranded punkbuster, which was good at detecing modified game files but utterly useless at catching cheaters once bypassed

I think it was an unreal engine feature, unrelated to the anti-cheat. G1's APB complained about some files being modified.

Every anti-cheat is useless once bypassed. APB's Battleye was too easy. Just run APB in a virtual machine and done. APB's EAC doesn't allow APB to run in a Windows virtual machine, but it's still easy to bypass due to having less restrictions compared to other games. It does mean more people can play APB, but expect a higher percentage of cheats that can't be detected client sided.

What we need is server sided cheat detection. Matt mentioned FairFight, but he's been MIA. Windows 12 will be EOL by the time that happens.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlatMan said:

I think it was an unreal engine feature, unrelated to the anti-cheat. G1's APB complained about some files being modified.

Every anti-cheat is useless once bypassed. APB's Battleye was too easy. Just run APB in a virtual machine and done. APB's EAC doesn't allow APB to run in a Windows virtual machine, but it's still easy to bypass due to having less restrictions compared to other games. It does mean more people can play APB, but expect a higher percentage of cheats that can't be detected client sided.

What we need is server sided cheat detection. Matt mentioned FairFight, but he's been MIA. Windows 12 will be EOL by the time that happens.

the best anticheat is a regolary and update anticheat by their non incompetent MIA admins ...

Edited by PingOVER9000

2 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

dont forget the player GMs who were definitely not corrupt and handing out exclusive items or protecting their friends

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Finally logged in. Not banned.
You jerks really had me worried.

if i dont log in i cant get banned

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Finally logged in. Not banned.
You jerks really had me worried.

If you did not do anything wrong or use anything improper, there is nothing to fear.  winking-face_1f609.png?ex=65345077&is=65

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KERNIE said:

i also have been banned 😞

Oh snap what you in for?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SuperChaffee said:

If you did not do anything wrong or use anything improper, there is nothing to fear.  winking-face_1f609.png?ex=65345077&is=65

That’s what Tiggs used to say. 

10 hours ago, Therustee said:

remember when everyone blamed tiggs for manual bans? i bet you do... now the same peoples tries to explain that EAC is falsely banning them XD sure.... dodgy apb players words against the most reputable anticheat on the market available... 

but little orbit has told us that there were actually manual bans and incorrect use of fairfight?

i get that some cheaters tend to jump on every excuse, but thats a really bad example to use lol

On 10/5/2023 at 11:12 AM, CookiePuss said:

On 10/6/2023 at 5:56 AM, Talla said:

My account was blocked due to the use of an unapproved third-party tool, what was that? I played with more than one account on the same computer, and one was blocked for this reason, I didn't understand the logic, I don't use programs to 'make it easier', I've been playing APB for over 8 years, until when will I be ignored in this game by support.

On 10/8/2023 at 4:08 PM, vsb said:

but little orbit has told us that there were actually manual bans and incorrect use of fairfight?

i get that some cheaters tend to jump on every excuse, but thats a really bad example to use lol

Big difference between getting banned once and getting banned 3+ times on Fairfight. Than again, Tiggs threw a temper tantrum over the horse spray.

On 10/8/2023 at 1:02 PM, CookiePuss said:

That’s what Tiggs used to say. 

There was also the old G1 saying, Cheating is like pregnancy, you are either cheating or your not.

Still though, cheating is still pretty bad on the european servers. At least we are seeing that something is being done. I played a game against a couple of well known cheaters last night. I felt really really bad for my partner, who was telling me that this game depresses him with the cheating. He then wen AFK for a bit, and returned with cheats on himself. Started taking out the other team with his Obir. He said, what else was he to do :-/

The worst part about cheating, its not just to gain an edge, its to destroy.

3 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

There was also the old G1 saying, Cheating is like pregnancy, you are either cheating or your not.

Still though, cheating is still pretty bad on the european servers. At least we are seeing that something is being done. I played a game against a couple of well known cheaters last night. I felt really really bad for my partner, who was telling me that this game depresses him with the cheating. He then wen AFK for a bit, and returned with cheats on himself. Started taking out the other team with his Obir. He said, what else was he to do 😕

The worst part about cheating, its not just to gain an edge, its to destroy.

These people are weirdest of the bunch to me...

So you have cheats... but you aren't actively cheating, only when you assume that opposition does, so you are some sort of a justified cheater / not a cheater?

Your friend is no better than any other cheater out there.

1 hour ago, Daarin said:

These people are weirdest of the bunch to me...

So you have cheats... but you aren't actively cheating, only when you assume that opposition does, so you are some sort of a justified cheater / not a cheater?

Your friend is no better than any other cheater out there.

That's 99% of the cheaters. You get 1 kill on them and they assume you're cheating.

Those who stoop that low only because their opposition (supposedly) is cheating goes onto doing it themselves I'll never truly get or understand.

Edited by mattskoii

On 10/15/2023 at 1:33 AM, TheMessiah said:

Maybe changin the client side anti-cheat if EAC is not so good to deal with.Find this one and is compatible with EOS(epic online services)

https://irdeto.com/denuvo/anti-cheat/

looks like with some serious people behind it..

Or just using Eyes and Ears. I can safely say, if i was driven around the server with no screen on, i can point out a cheater with 100% accuracy purely on the perfectly rhythmic sound of gunfire.

47 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

i can point out a cheater with 100% accuracy purely on the perfectly rhythmic sound of gunfire.

lWnBIEf.gif

Jokes aside, thats quite the claim.

On 10/1/2023 at 7:50 PM, DarIeenko said:

Hello, i know there is already a topic about this but I'd like to say my two cents on the subject as well as show you some elements concerning the latest bans.

I know that a TGM  as well as dozens of other players have also been banned in the last month.

Among them are casual players, silvers, veterans never accused of toxicity and/or cheating etc. and then there is me.

These bans all or mostly EAC bans. However, as shown elsewhere they seem to be manual and for different reasons.

Even today some people who rarely play APB, mature people, non-toxic players have been banned for cheating after years of never cheating or even being accused of cheating by the community. 

Bans that we did not expect and that remove from the game that last healthy part that you had left of it, that is, people who can devote the right amount of time to a game, without arrogance or being competitive at all costs.

One of this case is about a player that received an EAC ban despite then, in later conversations with Support, he discovered that the reason for his ban was not related to cheating but more for ingame violation (using a certain symbol) so why does he get banned by EAC? 

I've contacted multiple of the banned players, to try and find out what kind of possible third party applications they were using and mostly what i got as an answer were VPNs which are allowed as far as i know. 

About me, i have never used any kind of unapproved Programs and the only Program that i used before starting APB was Mudfish which helps me to avoid Packetloss.

Since this affected a lot of Players I would like to have a statement from Matt and the LO team regarding this matter.

We just would like to know if there is any investigation already ongoing? 

@MattScott @Stitchly @Ritual @Sakebee 

How unfortunate but EAC has a long history of doing things wrong (e.g: Colby .45 only requires 5 shots to kill, each having 0.2 seconds in between. It is very possible to get few perfect executions per a session of gameplay but EAC might not like it).

As a person who doesn't like playing on multiple characters, I did rarely play with my friends against you on my low-ranking Eu character. It isn't just me watching your streams, I know first-hand, factually, that you don't really cheat.

Haters that aren't good enough will hate but soon the reality will appear. Hang in there till then.

On 10/6/2023 at 4:16 AM, porcupine_omg said:

I was banned for griefing

Totally Deserved..

b44d8207d6c3160949d0eb6eae6f26dcabee52e6

Edited by PingOVER9000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Jokes aside, thats quite the claim.

Its not really. Come onto the European server. All the cheaters use the exact same guns. They all have the exact same rythm with no breaks.

Now you switch on your monitor and see them play. Over reliance on aim, dont use cover like good players, cant throw grenades. Terrible drivers.

On 10/1/2023 at 2:50 PM, DarIeenko said:

Hello, i know there is already a topic about this but I'd like to say my two cents on the subject as well as show you some elements concerning the latest bans.

I know that a TGM  as well as dozens of other players have also been banned in the last month.

Among them are casual players, silvers, veterans never accused of toxicity and/or cheating etc. and then there is me.

These bans all or mostly EAC bans. However, as shown elsewhere they seem to be manual and for different reasons.

Even today some people who rarely play APB, mature people, non-toxic players have been banned for cheating after years of never cheating or even being accused of cheating by the community. 

Bans that we did not expect and that remove from the game that last healthy part that you had left of it, that is, people who can devote the right amount of time to a game, without arrogance or being competitive at all costs.

One of this case is about a player that received an EAC ban despite then, in later conversations with Support, he discovered that the reason for his ban was not related to cheating but more for ingame violation (using a certain symbol) so why does he get banned by EAC? 

I've contacted multiple of the banned players, to try and find out what kind of possible third party applications they were using and mostly what i got as an answer were VPNs which are allowed as far as i know. 

About me, i have never used any kind of unapproved Programs and the only Program that i used before starting APB was Mudfish which helps me to avoid Packetloss.

Since this affected a lot of Players I would like to have a statement from Matt and the LO team regarding this matter.

We just would like to know if there is any investigation already ongoing? 

@MattScott @Stitchly @Ritual @Sakebee 

Hello @Darleena, I'm a veteran player since around 2011-2012.
Idk him as a person, but if it's a false positive like in 2016 for fairfight, I believe it will be very difficult to reverse, just like it was in 2016.
  I know how painful it is to have your account banned after years of playing, to see a disunited community that does nothing to help each other.
I gave up on this game a while ago and this community with limited thoughts, but I wish you good luck.

I'm sure when someone gets at least

2x PB

1x FF

1x EAC

that EAC is the problem

2x.webp

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2