Sign in to follow this  
Nerima

Another EAC problem (the actual one, related to image ghost)

This text may end up being too long because i am graphomaniac, but i really want you to fully read it and enter the discussion, as what I'm about to tell really seem to ba a serious problem

My good old friend and clanmate that we've been playing with for a decade now was banned a while ago, and no, this is not another whining topic where actual cheater trying to redeem himself, because we know exactly what happened and the problem is actually pretty global (as global as at can be in such a small remaining community).

There is very old and simple program called "image ghost" written by ShadReX from Red Squadron (one of the oldest clans in apb). I dont know if current devs team are, but all of the old players must be familliar with it, as well as every apb creator who've spent more time in social district creating stuff than in actual combat.

Basically, this program lets you take any image and place it above all of the windows with adjustable transparecy, to help you recreate any image in apb editor - it was helping people create amazing symbols for more than 10 years now. And yes, now it's bannable. Why? Because LO didnt bother to actually configure the EAC to fit their game, not to mention that possibly they have no idea about such things, because apb is one of the games where community keeps itself alive (just hire actual apb veterans to run support team, really).

My friend was banned in social district, in symbol editor, we were shocked at first but now we know exactly why. Of course, we were trying to reach out to someone, GMs, technical support, streamers, even Matthew himself, but everyone's disregarding. Support does not even try to look deep into the problem, they simply respond with "contact EAC relating all the ban associations". But of course guys over at EAC have no idea what image ghost is - because it's part of apb specifically, written by apb player for apb players, it's so specific no one but LO are resposible for sorting such cases.

I'm trying keep my cool, even tho the situatin is as bad as gets, apb veteran who was trying to get back to the game gets banned for the thing that's basically already implemented into the game's DNA (or at least to creator's community DNA), and guys in charge, who's driving the game 4x times less than we've been playing are acting as careless as they posiibly can be.

But I'm here not even to unban him, again, this is not our first day in this game, we know that getting personal attention from devs is nearly impossible, always has been. But i want to bring to light actual problem - i'm pretty sure he's not the only one who's been false banned for the same reason. EAC is not setted up correctly, image ghost is just "one of the" problems, false bans are here, we need to draw attention to this problem, to help others and at least try to rectify the situation

This specific case hurts me so much because many of you know me exactly by my apb design works, this is the reason why I started playing this game and seeing it being destroyed just by ignorance is painful. I understand that rules may change, that image ghost for some reason may be actually officially bannable now, but such things must be announced, and in longly stagnating game banning people for such things is simply distructive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

source of image ghost ?

Completely agree with every word on this post. Since LO owned the game I was so hyped it finaly be a game we all wanted to be, well, the magic didn`t come true out here. The start of this "journey" was fresh and gave us hope but for now I`m as dissapointed as can ever be. I`m not even going to start complaining about my main acc and problems associated with him, where support wasn`t even trying to solve my problem. Here we got an another extra problem that should be solved by devs asap. All the new banable things should be discussed with coummunity before they go live AND at least be annonced first. 

Also, since our lovely game became 200 pop community, I guess support should stop doing their habitual work by CTRL+C > CTRL+V and actually start replying by treir own brain (if they have it ofc) to solve problems, the game have atm.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nerima said:

There is very old and simple program called "image ghost" written by ShadReX from Red Squadron (one of the oldest clans in apb). I dont know if current devs team are, but all of the old players must be familliar with it, as well as every apb creator who've spent more time in social district creating stuff than in actual combat.

Basically, this program lets you take any image and place it above all of the windows with adjustable transparecy, to help you recreate any image in apb editor - it was helping people create amazing symbols for more than 10 years now. And yes, now it's bannable. Why? Because LO didnt bother to actually configure the EAC to fit their game, not to mention that possibly they have no idea about such things, because apb is one of the games where community keeps itself alive (just hire actual apb veterans to run support team, really).

why use an unknown program to do this when there are multiple free software options that do the same thing?

1 hour ago, glaciers said:

why use an unknown program to do this when there are multiple free software options that do the same thing?

I mean if I was already using something like that under battleye I would assume it'd be fine with eac they work very similarly 

• Like 1

Well, maybe Try go to the LO teamspeak and explain the situation... sincerly good luck, not only your friend I think you and all your clan/ teamates may need some

Edited by PingOVER9000

Daaaamm cheating in the symbol editor? 

Edited by Deadliest

LO warned about this here on the forum. The problem is that the forum exists separately from the game and most players do not go to it. Such news should be promptly communicated to the players. In game chat, on loading screens, in the launcher. LO communicate with the players! You put branches in your own wheels!

Anti-cheat would be useful if it fought macros, potato graphics.

17 hours ago, Nerima said:

Any evidence at all would go a lot further than words.

You declare it's bannable, is that repetition or did you guys know that before using it for the symbol creator?

an idea is maybe to use obs as an overlay .. you wil not see it on your screen but the obs filter can maybe help u do the design for you as you can ghost images on that program. i have no way of posibly helping you to unban or change stuff otherwise towards it.

It's not little orbits fault. The tool probably hooks in a malicious way into the game. 10 years ago we didn't have a anti cheat well it was there but, it let everything trough.

Well all i can say is good luck trying to get the account unbanned.

I was blocked after 11 years of playing, because there was a program on my PC to make pictures transparent, it helped me in creating symbols and cars. In the last 6 years I have been using this small but primitive program. I haven't played for 2 months and a week ago I went in and out, after I saw a message about blocking. I am still trying to challenge the blocking. EAC support is not responding. I am ready to challenge the blocking even now and provide all the logs from my PC. I am very outraged and saddened by this blocking, I put my soul into this account, so to speak. My friend from the clan was blocked because he had a telegram web running during the game, a fucking messenger. Unfortunately, there is no support from the community, we applied to different communities with petitions, but I only saw ridicule. The administration of the discord channel only made fun of us and blocked us. We demand a more thorough investigation of such cases, and we also want a fair solution to this problem in our favor. Don't make us hate you and your company. This is very unfair, some players from twitch disable the effects of grenade smoke, and play with clay potato graphics. There is no reaction from the administration to this, when we provide links and evidence to these violators, we are told that we violated privacy. But at the same time, we are blocked essentially for nothing.

• Thanks 1

So many sock puppets you can audition for a children's show.

But you are right about the administration not enforcing the ToS when players openly break it.

It sounds a little far fetched considering there are some well known cheaters still cheating. You dont need BE to find them. Just go to TWITCH or join their discord server and they openly talk about it.

• Like 1

why do you need 3rd party software for this, there are plenty of ways to do it without risking you account 🙂

As you’ve no doubt been told, any time you use a 3rd party program you risk your account. It’s always been this way. 
That being said, APB customization is nothing without overlays so hopefully something can be done about this. In the meantime I’m not making any symbols, too much risk, and that’s the advice I give to everyone. 

50 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

As you’ve no doubt been told, any time you use a 3rd party program you risk your account. It’s always been this way. 
That being said, APB customization is nothing without overlays so hopefully something can be done about this. In the meantime I’m not making any symbols, too much risk, and that’s the advice I give to everyone. 

Can confirm I was banned for steam, discord, and chrome. 

On 6/22/2023 at 5:30 PM, MonkaS said:

Can confirm I was banned for steam, discord, and chrome. 

Funny.

Merged.

On 6/22/2023 at 4:38 PM, CookiePuss said:

This program has been running for more than 10 years. This is a very original stencil, which can not interfere in any way with the processes of the game. And as for other programs, my friend was banned because he launched telegram web during the game, just launched it and that's it.

• Like 1

I can confirm that in the SPPD AntiCrime Force and CSA Sheriffs Department clan, several players have been unreasonably banned from EAC. I can also confirm that one little-known designer with a KOLLISTREIT nickname  was banned from EAC.

• Like 1

I need to write that is so fun buahahahaha

You know that for this day anticheat still triggers when player will be pushed with car

or another stuff to asynchronary position of player to the server...

this can be replicated unintentional in this game on
many ways

like using car-surfer and bad luck of logging
or when u play some wird events like prototype gun game (there was scout with BIG jump push)
jumping with vegas 😄

That is some security i know ...
but this serversare not helping

there is no hackers with teleport hack or some other shit ...
thanks GOD

SO
Most powerfu sentence
U can't play how u want,
 u need to play like devs wanted and population does..

1 hour ago, TasteMyKetchup said:

I need to write that is so fun buahahahaha

You know that for this day anticheat still triggers when player will be pushed with car

or another stuff to asynchronary position of player to the server...

this can be replicated unintentional in this game on
many ways

like using car-surfer and bad luck of logging
or when u play some wird events like prototype gun game (there was scout with BIG jump push)
jumping with vegas 😄

That is some security i know ...
but this serversare not helping

there is no hackers with teleport hack or some other shit ...
thanks GOD

SO
Most powerfu sentence
U can't play how u want,
 u need to play like devs wanted and population does..

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. To prove you wrong, Brazilians and Australians are still allowed to play.

some of this seems odd to me. like i get booted if i use a cross heir that came with my monitor because the ingame one is total shit

it feels like to me there trying to figure out how to shut the game down without shutting it down because that would cost money and what not.  of course i could see them also doing that because they keep getting made fun of in and outside of the game

• Like 1