SKay

Transcript for the APB Q&A Session One

Thanks a bunch SKay, very useful for people who couldn't watch(me).

Also happy birthday

Thanks for the transcript. Doesn't seem like a lot was answered imo.

3 hours ago, Rumple said:

Thanks for the transcript. Doesn't seem like a lot was answered imo.

While not everything that the community has asked has been answered, partly due to the time constraint. However, what was asked and answered has shown that Matt Scott, and L.O.'s team is dedicated to the game, not to just milk it dry of what's left. They want to bring the game back up in population, and make money. Not just to take the cents that's left, but to actually improve the game.

While there may be some disagreements, and disdain with a few choices that have been made, I only see progress that can be made.

I'm really hoping what he said about the joker boxes not being tradeable was just a phrase he didn't think well and that he will reconsider deeply.

While I do agree the gambling part is annoying and should be tweaked, the trading of legendary guns is a huge piece of the game that mantains it alive. Free players see it as a chance to obtain permanent weapons which is one of the few barriers that keep the game from becoming p2w. For other players it's a way to earn in-game money without grinding for months, and it also gives a long-term objective to players who want to collect them all in the locker.

Making such weapons not tradeable will kill all of that. And unless they plan on a huge rewamp of the weapon lease and unlock mechanics, they really should avoid it.

3 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

While not everything that the community has asked has been answered, partly due to the time constraint. However, what was asked and answered has shown that Matt Scott, and L.O.'s team is dedicated to the game, not to just milk it dry of what's left. They want to bring the game back up in population, and make money. Not just to take the cents that's left, but to actually improve the game.

While there may be some disagreements, and disdain with a few choices that have been made, I only see progress that can be made.

Well it's already been milked dry, it can't really be milked any further w/o infusion. I am happy to see there's an attempt, but I don't think it's unreasonable to have limited good will especially for APB that has burned it's community at least twice. For the questions that were answered I feel as though much more interesting and important questions were glossed over.

Enjoyed the QA stream even though I couldn't entirely follow everything. If it's an idea for character server transfer, I'd be interested to see what can be done. If you transfer a character in PSO2 it gets transferred during server maintenance. Maybe it could solve stability issues to migrate during maintenance instead of on the fly.

Thanks for this mate. Interesting read!

awe they missed my question which was good 😕 , asked if they would implement elements for "disabled" gamers like colorblind mode , turning certain audio parts off in options for people hard of hearing ect.

28 minutes ago, SixxstagesofMajik said:

awe they missed my question which was good 😕 , asked if they would implement elements for "disabled" gamers like colorblind mode , turning certain audio parts off in options for people hard of hearing ect.

He did mention colourblind mode. The answer was bit mixed as it was for so many different aspects of a broad question, but it's something he wants to be put in the game.

Good job. thanks for this @SKay

On 5/26/2018 at 7:32 AM, Nite said:

Meanwhile, all those people defending how Tiggs handled that whole situation, I wonder how they feel knowing Matt Scott disagreed with the chosen solution.

When you're a normal player frustrated and worn thin by cheaters constantly rerolling and others exploiting things without consequence, your only reprieve is when management takes out the trash.  The fact is that Matt Scott hasn't had to endure years dealing with these people yet.

It just baffles me to no end that people think they can do whatever they want, despite how much it hurts others and the game, and suffer no consequences.  Most of you are getting second chances by the sound of things, so don't fuck it up for yourselves or again for the rest of us this time please.

Edited by mynd
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, mynd said:

When you're a normal player frustrated and worn thin by cheaters constantly rerolling and others exploiting things without consequence, your only reprieve is when management takes out the trash.  The fact is that Matt Scott hasn't had to endure years dealing with these people yet.

I don't see how that relates to the mishandling of the KTTC pack debacle.

Edited by Nite

4 minutes ago, Nite said:

I don't see how that relates to the mishandling of the KTTC pack debacle.

That's great, except the post you made was non-specific and the post you replied to initially was about the overall scope of the unbanning that is coming for a lot of players straight out of the Q&A.

It helps to read things in their entirety.

This Q&A was better than I think any of us could've expected. Hope to see more of this level of communication in the future.

8 minutes ago, mynd said:

That's great, except the post you made was non-specific and the post you replied to initially was about the overall scope of the unbanning that is coming for a lot of players straight out of the Q&A.

Are you sure about that? Cuz Nymphi's inital post in this thread quotes a section of the Q&A that has a whole paragraph almost certainly talking about the KTTC keys and the bans that resulted from those. That's what I replied to.

8 minutes ago, freq said:

This Q&A was better than I think any of us could've expected. Hope to see more of this level of communication in the future.

Agree with this.  I just hope they realize the amount of work they're getting themselves into.  I'd really like to know what APB will look like if they can start getting things done, maybe I can spare some hope for the game.

That indirection pseudo-confirmation that the old login screen probably be coming back at some point <3

Old login screen. Beauty. Nostalgia. One less loading screen before getting ingame.

Dream come true

I didn't think there was any hope when I first read that someone bought this game.  I figured that Little Orbit was some tiny company with lots of funding and was really reaching and wouldn't succeed.  Having watched the CEO speak on stream about the problems this game has, the way things have been handled in the past and his process for moving forward was exactly what this community needed.  This game was and is held in such low regard by me and my friends that it needed a complete reboot with someone who is pragmatic, positive thinking and realistic for us to give it a second thought.  The whole Q&A session showed me Little Orbit is a professional organization and they came to play.  A few of the things I found interesting:

1) Coming out of pocket for BattlEye is huge.  I know it's not cheap and the fact you guys went with them says a lot.

2) Your roadmap stages for infrastructure, unification and critical mechanics then content afterward is spot on.  It sucks you can't dive straight into mechanics and content but that's the state APB is in.

3) The way you talked about the mismanagement of this game in the past by Gamer's First really sold me on your company.  Honest and upfront with a plan to move forward to fix the screw ups.

You guys have a huge task in front of you but I have faith now, great stream!

On 5/26/2018 at 4:32 AM, Nite said:

You were the first person I thought of when he made that announcement.

Meanwhile, all those people defending how Tiggs handled that whole situation, I wonder how they feel knowing Matt Scott disagreed with the chosen solution.

Exactly. It'd be one thing if I was trying to purposefully commit fraud, or if it was done in a reasonable time frame.

I am glad Matt stated that it was wrong.

Not gonna ask for my original forum account to be unbanned, maybe...

Cause, I will admit my last post (that got deleted, but Sadira quoted) was quite hostile.

On 5/27/2018 at 10:10 AM, Chinook said:

He did mention colourblind mode. The answer was bit mixed as it was for so many different aspects of a broad question, but it's something he wants to be put in the game.

ah it would be beneficial for sure .. green and red used to mark team/enemy is bad choice to begin with .... remembered other part was to have the chat auto-translate to users language makes it more playable with vast regions players play and it is doable as is used in few other games play

On 5/26/2018 at 6:32 AM, Nite said:

You were the first person I thought of when he made that announcement.

Im not sure Tiggs actually made that call herself.

And while most of us disagreed with G1's approach,  you can't say they were acting outside of their rights.

by why kemp

he was like, the worst person to do this

1 minute ago, NopeTooFast said:

by why kemp

because he asked, we went over this days ago do we really need to do it again

9 hours ago, NopeTooFast said:

by why kemp

Definitely not the worst. My socially awkward a** would've been the worst. I'd say Kemp did a pretty good job on the interview.