Sign in to follow this  
Ritual

07/27 Maintenance Announcement

Hello everyone!

This Wednesday (07/27), at 9 AM UTC, we will have another one of our standard weekly maintenance processes, and it will last between 4 and 6 hours. As always, this also includes regular console maintenance at the same time.

Thank you for your patience during this period!

P.S: The thread has been cross-posted from Game Updates

wow can't wait for wednesday!!!!!!!!

19 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

is this the final maintenance?

Let’s wait and see 

unknown.png?width=939&height=438

unknown.png?width=897&height=438

reviews i found on glassdoor lol little orbit is so done at this point

2 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

Oh God! Well, at least the servers are still online!

Checking glassdoors reviews a few of them say this company doesn't exist anymore? Something we are not being told?

14 hours ago, Sw33tTooth said:

Checking glassdoors reviews a few of them say this company doesn't exist anymore? Something we are not being told?

Their offices are no longer listed on google maps.

3 hours ago, BlatMan said:

Their offices are no longer listed on google maps.

Yes they are, UpperStrata is still there.
UpperStrata exists till 2000, thats their Office.
The Office is permanently closed. Which also means that the facility is not operated for a period of 6 months or more.
My suggestions is that they arent even in the own office anymore, instead at Descendant Studios.

Also a nice fact about Descendant Studios:
Eric Peterson has dedicated 20 years of his life to the video game industry, handling development and production in startups and large studios alike. He has a passion for space games, and in April 2012, he helped found Cloud Imperium Games, the studio building Chris Roberts' massive interstellar simulator Star Citizen.

8 hours ago, OmikronOverload said:

Yes they are, UpperStrata is still there.
UpperStrata exists till 2000, thats their Office.
The Office is permanently closed. Which also means that the facility is not operated for a period of 6 months or more.
My suggestions is that they arent even in the own office anymore, instead at Descendant Studios.

Also a nice fact about Descendant Studios:
Eric Peterson has dedicated 20 years of his life to the video game industry, handling development and production in startups and large studios alike. He has a passion for space games, and in April 2012, he helped found Cloud Imperium Games, the studio building Chris Roberts' massive interstellar simulator Star Citizen.

descendent studios just sued the balls off little orbit, i dont think theyre sharing office space

20 minutes ago, glaciers said:

descendent studios just sued the balls off little orbit, i dont think theyre sharing office space

Again? What did i miss.
You surely mean the court settlement right?
In which it says agreed on releasing STFU as soon as possible?
Why would they not share offices, i mean they now work for them. You say it like they would act like 7 Year olds, fighting over who gets the turn on the xbox.

1 hour ago, OmikronOverload said:

Again? What did i miss.
You surely mean the court settlement right?
In which it says agreed on releasing STFU as soon as possible?
Why would they not share offices, i mean they now work for them. You say it like they would act like 7 Year olds, fighting over who gets the turn on the xbox.

neither company works for the other - little orbit purchased the STFU ip as part of the settlement and assumed the responsibility of releasing the game, probably to avoid the much steeper penalties descendent was seeking

as far as i can tell descendent studios was created solely to handle STFU and has been inactive since offloading the project

Edited by glaciers

On 7/28/2022 at 6:01 PM, ninjarrrr said:

I vaguely remember making a post a long time ago, doubting LO's ability to take on multiple games being such a small company and all and then being fucking reeee'd at by one of the forum elitists on here with them stating how spreading their already limited resources thin like this won't affect the development process for this game or anything. 

Look at were we're at now. 

The day they sold the IP,everything was over for APB

Sign in to follow this