Jump to content
-Dan-

We need...T R E N C H C O A T S

Would you like Trenchcoats in-game?  

100 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you like Trenchcoats in-game?

    • Yes
      69
    • No
      19


Recommended Posts

They are the most stylish type of clothing, the thing looks amazing

 

and-other-stories-shiny-trenchcoat.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relax. Let them do an engine upgrade first and take care of other bugs / issues. Matt already said that they will be updating the looks of current clothing and adding more. Trench coat is a very generic item. I'm 100% certain that it will be added in the future.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just imagine the designs we could create with a coat like this:

PLAYERUNKNOWNS_TRENCHCOAT_1.png

 

in APB.

 

Unfortunately it would require the entire clothing model system to be replaced with something else, so this would be a long way off indeed (long enough that it might not happen until the Unreal 4 APB project gets underway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 3:53 AM, -Dan- said:

They are the most stylish type of clothing the thing looks amazing

 

and-other-stories-shiny-trenchcoat.jpg

 

6m3OezO.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need many other type of clothes in-game, but that's not now. let LO first carry the technical things before going on adding cosmetics in-game, I assume and hope they'll make a change in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 3:53 AM, -Dan- said:

They are the most stylish type of clothing the thing looks amazing

 

and-other-stories-shiny-trenchcoat.jpg

 

[Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks.mp3 Starts]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fix the current trench coats.

 

and then see how many people wear them with fedoras

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

6m3OezO.gif

We have reached the peak of humanity, clothing is edgy now

 

6 minutes ago, Obvious Lesbian said:

fix the current trench coats.

 

and then see how many people wear them with fedoras

The only thing missing would be the Katana, MLP cars already exist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO they wouldn't look that good without physics. It would probably anchor to the legs for the lower half and look godawful.

 

And if we add physics to ONE piece of clothing, others will demand more.

 

I think I'll give it a pass for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 7:43 AM, -Dan- said:

We have reached the peak of humanity, clothing is edgy now

 

Not the clothing, the fact that you managed to lowkey in your clothing request.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Freewind said:

IMO they wouldn't look that good without physics. It would probably anchor to the legs for the lower half and look godawful.

 

And if we add physics to ONE piece of clothing, others will demand more.

 

I think I'll give it a pass for now.

With the engine upgrade, it be a good time to add simple clothing physics. Maybe a bit of bounce in the hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 8:04 AM, CookiePuss said:

Not the clothing, the fact that you managed to lowkey in clothing request.

Yeah, and where's the edge? 

So now just mentioning those is edgy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't we have an npc wearing something very close mechanically in Social, enforcer side forget her name. She has a long open over coat like thing. I know its flowery and all but still mechanically close enough we should be able to do it. And Nun outfits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nite said:

Just imagine the designs we could create with a coat like this:

PLAYERUNKNOWNS_TRENCHCOAT_1.png

 

in APB.

 

Unfortunately it would require the entire clothing model system to be replaced with something else, so this would be a long way off indeed (long enough that it might not happen until the Unreal 4 APB project gets underway).

 

A NOO, CHEEKI BREEKEE I V DAMKEE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was a technical issue that doesn't allow them, lack of cloth physics, with Unreal 4 it's solved but that means we can expect it only after the upgrade. 

But yes, it's a very good idea, there were many posts asking for it before

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1410783-sofiavascucci0002.jpg

 

Mechanically close enough. not sure why there would a real issue with it over any other clothing item

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, confront said:

or we could fix lag first

Why not both? Sometimes people that are good at one thing do that and people that are good at the other thing do that. Sorta like how you don't expect your gardener to be an expert in rocket science.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Why not both? Sometimes people that are good at one thing do that and people that are good at the other thing do that. Sorta like how you don't expect your gardener to be an expert in rocket science.

is your gardener an expert in rocket science?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2018 at 3:53 AM, -Dan- said:

They are the most stylish type of clothing, the thing looks amazing

 

and-other-stories-shiny-trenchcoat.jpg

 

Looks like a leather bath robe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But GamersFirst can't do physics!


Even though Enemy Territory did it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Necromancer66 said:

I think it was a technical issue that doesn't allow them, lack of cloth physics, with Unreal 4 it's solved but that means we can expect it only after the upgrade. 

But yes, it's a very good idea, there were many posts asking for it before

Beat me to it, basically the answer to this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Beat me to it, basically the answer to this thread.

civilians have a functioning trench coat model tho

 

i doubt it would look good with any kind of symbol on it, but it does already exist in apb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...