Car Spawners should be removed

Remove car spawners  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Should car spawners be removed?

• Yes, they break the game
    • No, but they need changes
    • No, they are fine as they are

1 minute ago, Thial said:

The way apb's spawn system works in general is it checks every few seconds if enemies are too close to the spawn point and it turns those spawn points red (yes it also includes regular spawn points not only car spawners) If on previous distance check the spawn point was valid and an enemy gets close to it and you spawn before the next distance check you can literally spawn on top of your enemy. Same with car spawners especially when people are driving around since the distance changes very rapidly so it's fairly easy to abuse it and spawn literally next to people. You never had a situation where you were spam clicking on a spawn point and you were able to spawn to an enemy car driving literally 5 meters away from you ?

Nope, but my most recent issue with spawning is the server having a heart attack while trying to spawn and getting to the "please wait to spawn" thing.

6 hours ago, Kempington said:

This whole argument of "just empty a couple of mags and grenades", or "switch to X to get rid of them", is all well and good if you're not fighting teams who know how to get back to an objective quickly and play the game smart.

Exactly this. Yes, you can destroy them, so you do. But with how easily they are replaced and how pervasive they are in the game, managing car spawns become part of a meta-game routine that, in my opinion, hugely detracts from the game. It's not fun.

With how long they have been in the game, it is unlikely that they will be removed. But rather than using car-spawns as a player-side solution for the spawn system, I think LO should add/edit spawn points in the map so that we have better spawn point choices.

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2018 at 9:56 PM, CookiePuss said:

If only bullets damaged cars.

If only there was some sort of "mod" that allowed you to, I dont know, "ressuply".

If only all players were given access to the mobile spawn mod early in the game so you could set up your own spawn points.

Oh well you are right, its probably broken.

Don't forget Satchel Charges!

On 6/16/2018 at 5:40 AM, Freewind said:

Am I seriously the only one that uses the detonation packs?

Just drop one on the car in question and it's bye-bye to the car spawn.

One of these days I'm going to have someone spawn in right as the pack detonates. That'll be a hoot.

This is really the only use for those things... lol.  

BTW, when is HL3 coming out?

Car spawners placed inside Espacios and Pioneers just makes the game slow down and becomes much more of an annoyance than anything. Like remote det, the HVR, and 3 low yields, there are many things the former team added to the game that overall made gameplay much worse, not better.

• Like 2

Edit: I derped and thought this thread was about the car spawning kiosks at first...

The vehicle spawn system is annoying but then again everyone has access to this. Perhaps limiting the number of spawns per vehicle, the only way to refresh the spawner being to respawn the vehicle? But other than that I don't particularly mind them.

Edited by Eerie

The spawning issue is less of car spawner (which is easy to counter anyway) and more of holy sh*t, are the spawns in this game complete trash. Rework the respawning system first to something that is decent, and then reanalyse car spawner 

As things stand now, it is slightly broken

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, indi said:

Car spawners placed inside Espacios and Pioneers just makes the game slow down and becomes much more of an annoyance than anything. Like remote det, the HVR, and 3 low yields, there are many things the former team added to the game that overall made gameplay much worse, not better.

Sprint shoting with a macroed joker carabine is much better right?

Basically a 40m+ (it kills pretty nice up to 60 with ir3 that has literally not downsides on it) pointman gun that do not suffer from hit reg since its tap fired.

If some people rocking with an fbw, imagine what they could do with a joker carabine and literally NO ONES TALKS ABOUT IT. But some dare to speak about balance issues with other guns/items while being silent on this little advantage... 😉

Edited by Excalibur!

I'm really surprised at the amount of players who are genuinely having trouble countering something as simple as an enemy car spawner. 

What's next a thread asking to remove enemy bullets because they hurt too much?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

Basically a 40m+ (it kills pretty nice up to 60 with ir3 that has literally not downsides on it) pointman gun that do not suffer from hit reg since its tap fired.

If some people rocking with an fbw, imagine what they could do with a joker carabine and literally NO ONES TALKS ABOUT IT. But some dare to speak about balance issues with other guns/items while being silent on this little advantage... 😉

being semi auto or automatic has no real effect on hitreg in my experience, the only advantage is you cant ghost whole magazines with semi automatics

23 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

being semi auto or automatic has no real effect on hitreg in my experience, the only advantage is you cant ghost whole magazines with semi automatics

I dont understand it either. My ntec full auto wont never kill (at reasonable distance)...

Just check this. If id do that i would allways die.

2 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

I dont understand it either. My ntec full auto wont never kill (at reasonable distance)...

Just check this. If id do that i would allways die.

doesnt this contradict your earlier point about semi automatics getting better hitreg?

Before thinking about changes to car spawners, i'd say we should w8 and see what's going to happen to normal spawn system.

15 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

If you got killed at 60M by a Carbine, another rifle would have killed you faster.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2018 at 5:30 AM, ch4ncer said:

You should be removed too.

Another thread which has it's poll results contradicting OP's claims lmfao.

Lets summon a lock guys.

Checklist:

NTEC and STAR are fine the way they are, they don't need revamping, period.

Car spawners are fine the way they are, they don't need revamping, period.

Next please.

It's really funny to me how this game gets reincarnated all of a sudden and the waves of bitсhing didn't wait that long to happen.   Get a life.

Hate to break the news to you but more than 50% of people said it needs to be removed or changed in some way. that means that more people have a problem with it, than dont.

On 6/18/2018 at 1:46 PM, Shozonu said:

Exactly this. Yes, you can destroy them, so you do. But with how easily they are replaced and how pervasive they are in the game, managing car spawns become part of a meta-game routine that, in my opinion, hugely detracts from the game. It's not fun.

With how long they have been in the game, it is unlikely that they will be removed. But rather than using car-spawns as a player-side solution for the spawn system, I think LO should add/edit spawn points in the map so that we have better spawn point choices.

careful someone might say  don't kill ops because they'll just come back

I kill spawners regularly doesn't interfere with gameplay much at all since it takes maybe 5 to 10 seconds depending on what i have on me

alig is just as fast as grenades anyways and usually someone has that for a gun

1 hour ago, Hyenard said:

Hate to break the news to you but more than 50% of people said it needs to be removed or changed in some way. that means that more people have a problem with it, than dont.

Total Members

sorry that's not valid most did not vote

1 hour ago, Hyenard said:

Hate to break it to you but over 71% said No. That means most people are fine with it.

the line option "No, but they need changes" Can be taken either way so we will take it to mean they need to be buffed! maybe even have the radius removed and the timer removed as well. 😛

Edited by SelttikS

5 hours ago, Hyenard said:

the last option saying "no, they are fine" is actually talking about the ammo crates so really 100% of people said yes it needs to be removed.

see? i can pick and chose what i want to be facts as well.

fopr real though. given the way the OP talked about this, i highly doubt his idea of "change" is one of a "buff"

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

careful someone might say  don't kill ops because they'll just come back

I kill spawners regularly doesn't interfere with gameplay much at all since it takes maybe 5 to 10 seconds depending on what i have on me

alig is just as fast as grenades anyways and usually someone has that for a gun

Total Members

sorry that's not valid most did not vote

isnt it an idea that some 75% of a games players dont even join forums so technically none of these polls are worth anything ever?

7 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

alig is just as fast as grenades [...] and usually someone has that for a gun

O.o That is so untrue I'm not sure how you could assume that.

Edited by Spudinskes

The only reason to remove em is the fact its "oh lets blow up a car" every 2 min. It's a dull, tedious task, and the game was more fun before em

• Like 2

If we are to continue having polls, perhaps a tutorial on how to make a worthwhile poll should be made.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spudinskes said:

O.o That is so untrue I'm not sure how you could assume that.

assume? i do it regularly rofl

2 hours ago, Hyenard said:

the last option saying "no, they are fine" is actually talking about the ammo crates so really 100% of people said yes it needs to be removed.

see? i can pick and chose what i want to be facts as well.

fopr real though. given the way the OP talked about this, i highly doubt his idea of "change" is one of a "buff"

isnt it an idea that some 75% of a games players dont even join forums so technically none of these polls are worth anything ever?

thats the forum numbers not the  apb game population so its a valid thing for me to say