Dragonshaman

Car Spawners should be removed

Remove car spawners  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Should car spawners be removed?

• Yes, they break the game
    • No, but they need changes
    • No, they are fine as they are

To all the people saying my poll is skewed to my own favour I have the following to say:

First of all, there were several ways I could've made the poll.

I could have generalised 2 of the 3 options in this way:

Should car spawners be changed or removed?

Yes

No.

But this would cause confusion as to whether people want it removed or changed.

I could have made it this way:

Do car spawners need to be removed?

Yes 

No

Which leaves even less options to interpet.

So far, most people are for the removal or change of car spawners, saying they are NOT fine as they are.

The people who say they are fine as they are are saying that this skews the votes to my favour, but there are just 3 options in general.

There is no reason for me to leave anything out or add anything unnecessary.

Sometimes it can be hard to understand what someone is trying to convey when you are dead set on your opinion on something.

People who believe car spawners are fine are usually the people who abuse the car spawning system in 4 man squads against pugs with teams with often some good and some less good players in it.

The only way to fix this would be pitting 4 man teams ONLY against other 4 man teams. Which would completely break matchmaking in general.

Just because you always have a good group to play with doesn't mean everyone does. You are on teamspeak or discord, you are coordinated, and having all of you with pioneer car spawners all around the point just breaks the game for anyone who doesn't have that option. On top of that car spawners are pretty much enforced. Which is something I never like. It removes the viability of other options.

Once they fix the default spawn system in game, the evil car spawners won't be "enforced". 

They're not that hard to disable, and if they are, it simply means that you need to put more time into leveling contacts in order to get better hardware. 

Are they annoying?  Yes. 

Are there numerous other player/car mods that scrubs constantly complain about?  Yes. 

Missions have obstacles.  Deal with them.

Edited by TrinityFSB

3 minutes ago, TrinityFSB said:

Once they fix the default spawn system in game, the evil car spawners won't be "enforced". 

They're not that hard to disable, and if they are, it simply means that you need to put more time into leveling contacts in order to get better hardware. 

Are they annoying?  Yes. 

Are there numerous other player/car mods that scrubs constantly complain about?  Yes. 

Missions have obstacles.  Deal with them.

By your logic they could add something absolutely ridiculously broken and you'd still tell them to deal with it cause its an "obstacle".

1 hour ago, Dragonshaman said:

By your logic they could add something absolutely ridiculously broken and you'd still tell them to deal with it cause its an "obstacle".

Define "broken". 

There are still idiots that think the STAR is broken.  I feel like this is one of those things that was brought up due to someone being annoyed with a feature of the game.  In the years that I've played APB, car spawners have never been detrimental to game play. (excluding bugs that kept them from working properly)

Have they been annoying at times? Yes.  But only because of how the enemy team chooses to use them. 

Hellow guys,

My view on things here;

This is a shooter game, not a blow up car simulator game. I see people commenting on how to blow it up but let's be fair, nades and ammo is normally not used for blowing up cars aside from when someone is in it... Satchel i do approve as it's meant for cars but than again like Sjana said, once you try that and you run over an open area and they spawn in that car when you are halfway, you are literally f**k*d... Lets say honestly that this annoys the hell out of everyone and i'm sure all have complained about it at least once; "The hell, how did he/she spawn so close", "Whaaaaat, he/she spawned 25-30m from me in the car while i was cooking a nade and rekt mah a*s!", ... .

Good example; An enemy kept spawning his car in and even tho their skill was less than ours, they managed to defend the point (which was in an open high up area, OP place...) cause of the closer spawns. If you say that we should of blown the car up, i can counter; if i drive with my car in a circle to that car spawn (which i did) i would destroy it but die in the process since the enemie knows where i am at that point. This enemy just went back to the close car spawn and spawned it in again. Where is the fun and where is the skill? This isn't tactic, this is annoyance.

The spawns and the carspawns also don't work together as Sjana mentioned. I vote remove it and adjust the spawn system so at least the game stays fun and based on shooting enemies and not empty cars.

P4wn out

Edited by P4wn.