Car Spawners should be removed

Remove car spawners  

254 members have voted

1. 1. Should car spawners be removed?

• Yes, they break the game
    • No, but they need changes
    • No, they are fine as they are

39 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

I agree that it may leave room for misinterpretation but I see it the other way around.

The first decision you have to do is whether you want them out of the game the way they are or not (Yes, they break the game|No, they are fine as they are)

The middle way is if there are no changes to be done then it is to be removed thus the answer counts towards the "Yes, they break the game" since those people only want to keep it if there are changes

Yep. I see your point and I agree that the poll can be 'cherry picked' in either direction to support whichever view a person happens to hold, which is why I feel that the poll has been badly constructed by the OP.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Freewind said:

Am I seriously the only one that uses the detonation packs?

Just drop one on the car in question and it's bye-bye to the car spawn.

One of these days I'm going to have someone spawn in right as the pack detonates. That'll be a hoot.

This is only an option for veteran players who have  all random mission rewards unlocked. Even then, you'll burn through them faster than you receive if used once per mission.

When mobile spawner was first added, you could see the vehicle on the map no matter where it was. I felt this sort of balanced car spawner because you could track enemy players positions when they were driving. It also let you hunt down those players who intentionally hide from the VIP team.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

18 hours ago, Dragonshaman said:

I believe you are missing the point.

When I say "The enemy actually knowing how to play" I mean not being against random newbies who you can kill easily and just spawn kill while moving towards their car spawner which is in a hard to reach spot.

Many of these problems would be fixed if matchmaking would be based on the rate of advancement, or even better,  if the group of organized people wouldnt be pitted agaisnt a bunch of single players teamed together

7 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

That's a straight up lie and you know it.

Nope that was the straight up truth. Alig basic out of the bag will melt any car. In fact it will melt MOST cars before they can run over you, now the flaming wreck might kill you but eh. Alig will melt the best of the tanks within a single mag. Remember the more damage a vehicle has the slower it moves and tanks already move slow.

16 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Nope that was the straight up truth. Alig basic out of the bag will melt any car. In fact it will melt MOST cars before they can run over you, now the flaming wreck might kill you but eh. Alig will melt the best of the tanks within a single mag. Remember the more damage a vehicle has the slower it moves and tanks already move slow.

So because you decide to cheese it everyone of your opponents is supposed to run around with an ALIG? And no a tank is definitely not "melted" by it. 

Every half decent player will pop the ALIG user long before he accumulates enough damage on the car and even if not what's the point of destroying the car if you pay with your life.

Btw. I already beat you to your shallow solution in my reply beforehand.

7 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

[...]

Also the solution to a meta problem cannot be to force players into running certain setups. Those are reserved for niche trade offs.

17 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

So because you decide to cheese it everyone of your opponents is supposed to run around with an ALIG? And no a tank is definitely not "melted" by it. 

Every half decent player will pop the ALIG user long before he accumulates enough damage on the car and even if not what's the point of destroying the car if you pay with your life.

Btw. I already beat you to your shallow solution in my reply beforehand.

Move and counter move is what makes a game a game. Someone Runs during a mission? Counter Move with Alig or rockets!

So you are saying I am right? Good I am glad we agree since you came to the same conclusion as I have. I very frequently blow up cars without dying. Notice that most people do one of two things when they park cars, either ram them as close to the point as possible and thus make them useless as spawn points, or park them not so close so they can use them to spawn. Both ways the car is either useless or an easy kill.

I mean if you are choosing to run in to a group of Opp and try to blow up their car instead of playing safe, well that is on you.

16 hours ago, ScarecrowXIII said:

Plant a satchel charge and don't blow it

50% chance to kill someone spawning in it seconds later xD

Idk why but it works lol

Exactly the problem with spawn system xD it's to easy to troll peeps spawning it if you just pay attention. But meh, such is the nature of the game.

I agree with this.
Consumables should also get removed, and car detonator.

There are so many things that the old staff ruined.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Urgh... like shouting into the void!

Exactly, only not because it doesn't matter.  Learning to counter things is part of the game.

To be a true player you have to know how to play.

Never admit to a word that she say.

There would be tons of ways that the car spawner could be re-worked. It could just unlock some of the nearest possible spawn locations on the map instead of being a thing where you can spawn in the car that's bang in the middle of defend area.

Current spawns (not counting car spawners) are pretty predictable and can easily be pushed really far from the mission objective before the system decides to offer you spawns on a different side of the objective. Having car spawner to act as a thing that unlocks spawns nearby (given that they are far away enough from the objective) would fix a lot of the issues. Now people can just spawn almost on top of the objective while the other team keeps getting spawn at 200+ meters from the objective because they got pushed and the system doesn't want to grant spawns in any other direction from the objective.

I feel like most of the people denying car spawners need a change or removal are the people abusing the system or playing with people who abuse the system.

I've been high gold since beta pretty much, and I've watched the game crumble under G1/RP.

The more they added to the gameplay, the more toxic the gameplay actually became. Because it forces you to cheese and run certain setups.

Things like remote detonator, which is not easy to use, but when used properly can not be avoided.

This just makes people angry when it's used against them. It's toxic.

Things like the radio tower are also overpowered. The only advantage of the current spawn system is being able to spawn in different locations making it harder to guess where people are coming from.

But now you can just slap your radio tower car wherever you want and you have 1 entire side covered or everything in a smaller radius. This allows you to know EXACTLY where everyone is. And that is with just 1 radio tower. Sure you can destroy the radio tower, but your position is already compromised.

I feel like a lot of changes that G1/RP made need to be reversed and the spawn system reworked once more with a better view of how the game is played.

• Like 2

Nice to just decide that anyone that didn't vote the way you wanted is obviously part of the conspiracy of car spawn abusers. Can you please show screen shots of your current Gold characters? Maybe if having all these options is too much for you a simpler game like Quake 1 is more your speed, that way there are less of these things you have to think about. Like having to move away in that huge time gap from the car announcing to the world it is going to blow up or you know having to blow up cars.

Your last line though i do agree with, but I am not sure it fits with everything else you say. You know there was once a LOT more mods right? I mean I am all for easy arrests again.

On 6/15/2018 at 10:48 PM, TrinityFSB said:

Not too mention, the default spawning system can be rage inducing sometimes.  Nothing like your closest option to the objective being 6-7 blocks away.

It was broken for me twice where a teammate was called in as backup and was 600m away, and suddenly the game thought it was a good idea to place all the spawns around him.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Nice to just decide that anyone that didn't vote the way you wanted is obviously part of the conspiracy of car spawn abusers. Can you please show screen shots of your current Gold characters? Maybe if having all these options is too much for you a simpler game like Quake 1 is more your speed, that way there are less of these things you have to think about. Like having to move away in that huge time gap from the car announcing to the world it is going to blow up or you know having to blow up cars.

Your last line though i do agree with, but I am not sure it fits with everything else you say. You know there was once a LOT more mods right? I mean I am all for easy arrests again.

The remote detonator sound is bugged to hell though. Sometimes it blows instantly on the first beep and sometimes it beeps for ages without blowing up. They can literally drive at you, get out and instantly blow it up without a single warning sound made.

Just now, Dragonshaman said:

The remote detonator sound is bugged to hell though. Sometimes it blows instantly on the first beep and sometimes it beeps for ages without blowing up. They can literally drive at you, get out and instantly blow it up without a single warning sound made.

So they just need to fix the audio bug? I mean I have never experienced it but if you happen to have it maybe send in a support ticket instead of saying the whole mechanic needs to be removed?

Also where is that SS? 😛

On 6/15/2018 at 11:15 PM, Nite said:

It doesn't even take that much, 1 large ammo box + 1 or 2 low yields is enough to smoke most non-heavy vehicles. Even better with frags since the box will resupply the nade you just spent even before it gets destroyed.

There's really no cause to waste a magazine of bullets on a Mobile Spawn unless you don't have Large Ammo Box equipped.

Here is the problem. I don't say make it ultrarealistic and 2 pistol rounds are enough to stop a car when you hit the tires, but cars, like stated by the author of the opening post are hard to get down. I regularly play Medusa for example and I need 1.5 up to 2 mags (all shots on target) to get most cars to smoke due to upgrades in the cars. We're not even talking an armored police vehicle like the pioneer. So I pretty much agree with the point, that running away from a point you might have to defend, just to destroy a spawn vehicle is too risky, takes too much time and costs a massive amount of ammo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snjezana said:

Here is the problem. I don't say make it ultrarealistic and 2 pistol rounds are enough to stop a car when you hit the tires, but cars, like stated by the author of the opening post are hard to get down. I regularly play Medusa for example and I need 1.5 up to 2 mags (all shots on target) to get most cars to smoke due to upgrades in the cars. We're not even talking an armored police vehicle like the pioneer. So I pretty much agree with the point, that running away from a point you might have to defend, just to destroy a spawn vehicle is too risky, takes too much time and costs a massive amount of ammo.

The Medusa, even though it's an LMG, is more suited as an anti-personnel weapon. It's simply not good vs vehicles.

Dunno what to say though, car spawners are annoying but I just adapted to them I guess. Besides, I generally have at least one anti-vehicle item on me at all times so it doesn't affect me as much as other people.

6 minutes ago, Snjezana said:

not to mention that even with grenades, destroying a carspawner let’s opp know where you are - a team with 4 carspawners also has 4 single use radar towers, unless you just enjoy people spawning on top of you

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

not to mention that even with grenades, destroying a carspawner let’s opp know where you are - a team with 4 carspawners also has 4 single use radar towers, unless you just enjoy people spawning on top of you

On the other hand, having your mobile spawns close enough to the objective all but encourages the enemy team to keep a close eye on them while patrolling - could be a worse situation than otherwise depending on the loadouts

15 minutes ago, Snjezana said:

To be fair, there are better anti-vehicle guns around than the Medusa, but fair enough

I just don't think they're worth removing anymore since we got the 2 minute cooldown nerf applied to them, most mid-stages barely last longer than 4 or 5 minutes, and putting your mobile spawn any closer than 70m to the point means the enemy team can just as well monitor them without you realizing it....

Just now, Nite said:

On the other hand, having your mobile spawns close enough to the objective all but encourages the enemy team to keep a close eye on them while patrolling - could be a worse situation than otherwise depending on the loadouts

To be fair, there are better anti-vehicle guns around than the Medusa, but fair enough

I just don't think they're worth removing anymore since we got the 2 minute cooldown nerf applied to them, most mid-stages barely last longer than 4 or 5 minutes, and putting your mobile spawn any closer than 70m to the point means the enemy team can just as well monitor them without you realizing it....

i don’t think they should be removed, i just think they need a downside

imo every mod should have at least some attempt at a downside balance

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

i don’t think they should be removed, i just think they need a downside

imo every mod should have at least some attempt at a downside balance

Best suggestions I can think of would be either:

• Mobile Spawn Point subtracts 20% of vehicle hp making them squishier, or
  • Increase the enemy player blocking range, maybe to something like 45m (which means you have to place them farther out which then limits your ability to "spawn on top of the enemy team" so to speak)

If consumables were permanent then it would be more balanced. I would just equip the satchel for every mission. Currently it takes two concs to kill a pioneer. If you don't have two concs then you'll probably need to use two frags and shoot two mags into it, which makes the pioneer effectively a radar tower while you shoot it. Then you will have no names to fight your actual opponents. You can resupply the first time, but afterwards it will be on cool down. And if you don't have premium you'll probably only get to use it once a mission.

Since it's extremely easy to spawn near a car spawner and drive back to the objective you'll pretty much be grenade-less or forced to used an anti car gun if you really want to get rid of the cars.

Edited by Spudinskes
  • Thanks 1