Jump to content
Ellix

When will APB community ever be satisfied?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Flaws said:

 

No. Not at all. We all always wanted APB to prosper as much as possible and unfortunately it never went there due to poor management and other factors. APB only had one good period of like half a year or so during EAC which is when the game was decently playable. Afterwards, we not only lost EAC and went back to Battleye but weapon balance got butchered more than ever to the point where gunplay is no longer fun. Put these two together, more cheaters coming back and unfun gameplay. Population starts to drop more and more as people move on to better games. How is that the players' fault?

 

Then eventually we see a bunch of engine upgrade betas which are advertised as the game's future which look abysmal and are barely playable compared to the already shaky normal game with it's shaky performance. Since its been 2 years since LO's acquisition of APB they've made very little progress so people are getting disheartened more and more so they keep leaving, everyone for different reasons.

 

You seem to be missing the point entirely. We don't want "more and more endlessly". We want vital, baseline things in order to keep the game at least semi-enjoyable and then work it's way up to grow and get more population. More population = more money. More money = extended lifetime for the game. That's what game devs generally would want for their games too so there is nothing wrong with wanting more when what we have is so little. We get frustrated with LO because of the often bad decisions they take and the time they take to work on the engine and game improvements in general.

 

If you're satisfied with what you have that means that you are no longer growing and no longer improving which is bad for everything in life. Especially when things are in such a poor state already.

The game has already been there but is being ruined by the players, lo is not the one to blame, they are just giving the majority of players what they want, take the weapon balances for example. These changes are made by the players, they want it and they get it too and at the end they still come back right the next day to ask for something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually think that ppl wouldn’t be that intolerant if Matt didn’t post relatively positive promises about engine upgrade. it had been already year and half from the first promise of getting Eu released in few months. 

 

People just automatically imagined that Eu is almost done with a good optimization and then we got open betas with barely working build

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Preme said:

The game has already been there but is being ruined by the players, lo is not the one to blame, they are just giving the majority of players what they want, take the weapon balances for example. These changes are made by the players, they want it and they get it too and at the end they still come back right the next day to ask for something else.

Nicely written but there is no way "the majority of players" asked for the OCA to be buffed to this currently absurd extent. The players simply wanted the PMG to be nerfed a bit.

 

unknown.png

 

What LO said was crystal clear, "We", twice as well.

 

LO chose to buff the OCA on their own accord (which is fine, this is their game), plus LO also chose to give it another buff when crouching, just because not many players used it when PMG was the superior option.

 

LO could've buffed other barely-used weapons across the board, weapons that actually needed the buff more than the 0.7ttk OCA, hmm? That is what the Players actually want, not incomplete-changes with no obvious and proper state of balance.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tbf ... its all upon how the next few days ... month .. year ... if it is going to last a year still going to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Preme said:

The game has already been there but is being ruined by the players, lo is not the one to blame, they are just giving the majority of players what they want, take the weapon balances for example. These changes are made by the players, they want it and they get it too and at the end they still come back right the next day to ask for something else.

The game has been where? Past 2k players average? With a good, solid engine which gives everyone decent performance on hardware thats a decade newer than the game itself? With perfect weapon balance and with a decent anti-cheat? No, it hasn't. Not even close. Ever. The closest we had was the anti-cheat with EAC and that was only half-way since they never managed to implement EAC's server side protection and now even the client-side is gone anyway.

 

Things like weapon balance aren't ever just decided once and for all. These are things that take time and many attempts which is why they should only be handled by experienced players of higher skill level and not "the majority". Not every noob should have a say in game balance regardless of their community status. Yeah, when they screw up the weapon balance, people will come back to ask for a fix for that. Just because they changed something because people wanted them to doesn't mean that they've done it right the first, second or third time.

 

LO is to blame for listening to the wrong people for 2 years now for multiple decisions. There will always be players raving on forums about this and that but at the end of the day you need to be able to differentiate who is right and who is wrong as a game developer, especially after dealing with the same people for 2 years. You need to have a vision for the kind of game you want to make and know what the right decision is for it and not just take random silvers' opinions and mash them together to see what happens.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Engine. (that runs well)
-Phasing; removing the major stumbling block that Apb's had since the beginning of the constricted pool of 40 or 50 players max (I still like RP's name of D.A.M.; Dedicated Automatic Matchmaking)

-Server consolidation; a big plus I don't see mentioned much for this is I see it reviving the marketplace scene, the entire market will be opened up and NA creators might actually be a thing again

 

Honestly, past that I can still see wanting more, more content (clothes, cars), more modes that aren't specifically holiday themed; such as anarchy but better. Imagine just another FC map, how much of a breath of fresh air that'd be after what, 8 years of the same monotony

 

Really idk, I think if we got consistent content and work on Apb, like any healthy online game gets, we might be able to stop being so whiny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LilyRain said:

Nicely written but there is no way "the majority of players" asked for the OCA to be buffed to this currently absurd extent. The players simply wanted the PMG to be nerfed a bit.

 

unknown.png

 

What LO said was crystal clear, "We", twice as well.

 

LO chose to buff the OCA on their own accord (which is fine, this is their game), plus LO also chose to give it another buff when crouching, just because not many players used it when PMG was the superior option.

 

LO could've buffed other barely-used weapons across the board, weapons that actually needed the buff more than the 0.7ttk OCA, hmm? That is what the Players actually want, not incomplete-changes with no obvious and proper state of balance.

 

I agree, oca was already OP and the least expected weapon to be buffed but they did it and now theres all kinds of newbs running around with their oca + cj3 (sometimes +percs) thinking they are the real deal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Flaws said:

LO is to blame for listening to the wrong people for 2 years now for multiple decisions.

Specifically, SPCT is a joke.

 

I know I'm a broken record, but balance shouldn't be handled by silvers or worse.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Flaws said:

The game has been where? Past 2k players average? With a good, solid engine which gives everyone decent performance on hardware thats a decade newer than the game itself? With perfect weapon balance and with a decent anti-cheat? No, it hasn't. Not even close. Ever. The closest we had was the anti-cheat with EAC and that was only half-way since they never managed to implement EAC's server side protection and now even the client-side is gone anyway.

 

Things like weapon balance aren't ever just decided once and for all. These are things that take time and many attempts which is why they should only be handled by experienced players of higher skill level and not "the majority". Not every noob should have a say in game balance regardless of their community status. Yeah, when they screw up the weapon balance, people will come back to ask for a fix for that. Just because they changed something because people wanted them to doesn't mean that they've done it right the first, second or third time.

 

LO is to blame for listening to the wrong people for 2 years now for multiple decisions. There will always be players raving on forums about this and that but at the end of the day you need to be able to differentiate who is right and who is wrong as a game developer, especially after dealing with the same people for 2 years. You need to have a vision for the kind of game you want to make and know what the right decision is for it and not just take random silvers' opinions and mash them together to see what happens.

The problem is that the majority of playerbase is silvers and bronze, when I join the game on the morning, there’s always full bronze district and dead silver districts. If LO will cater to only high skill players, they’re going to lose the potential donators because many high skill players with a big game knowledge don’t donate a lot because you can get all best weapons via f2p gaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lign said:

The problem is that the majority of playerbase is silvers and bronze, when I join the game on the morning, there’s always full bronze district and dead silver districts. If LO will cater to only high skill players, they’re going to lose the potential donators because many high skill players with a big game knowledge don’t donate a lot because you can get all best weapons via f2p gaming.

You do realize that catering to the casual player base means that your players who have been playing this game for years will be more annoyed and will quit. Why? Because instead of listening and working with your loyal player base you're going to listen to the silver and bronze players making "nerf the ntec" threads. When in reality the casuals and silvers are playing just for fun. Not to win or be competitive. Then will just end up leaving after a month due to being a casual gamer that floats to other games or quit because someone is "cheating". This is what ruins the game for people like me and many other APB veterans who enjoyed the game prior to all the changes. It clearly shows since the casual player base isn't keeping this game alive. Also people who are loyal and vets most certainly make purchases in the game. Not sure why you think that's not the case.

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF is there to be satisfied about?!!

The degradation of this game among many other reasons!! They removed themes, they removed bounty, they removed the shield... which was the most useful item in the items system, and of course the weapons endless nerfing.

Some of those are the things that made this game unique, all that at the request of the few, the almighty left yellow community, the ones that always took this game down under the pretext of being the most useful members of this community, wonder wtf is so useful about them other than a bunch of noob exploiting clowns that never get tired of it.

They however got tired of fighting each other, you can see that from the most active districts at late hours, the only time you can actually enjoy this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lign said:

The problem is that the majority of playerbase is silvers and bronze, when I join the game on the morning, there’s always full bronze district and dead silver districts. If LO will cater to only high skill players, they’re going to lose the potential donators because many high skill players with a big game knowledge don’t donate a lot because you can get all best weapons via f2p gaming.

Nah, they need to listen to the more competitive players because APB is a competitive PvP shooter. It needs to cater to competitive gamers who would play the game and compete in it. Those are the ones that would keep a game like APB alive. I've said it before: newbies call APB "poor man's GTA" and thats because it literally looks like knock off GTA. It was advertised badly, as if its a casual alternative GTA, which it isn't at all. It needs to embrace it's potential of being one of the best third person competitive shooters, whilst also having some casual aspects like designs, community events and other side activities. It can be so much more if only someone actually puts the effort in.

 

They will lose even more if they try to cater to casuals because why would you play knock off GTA when real GTA is so accessible and it does all the GTA stuff so much better than this game ever will? It makes no sense. APB has a unique base that needs a lot of work. It needs to be advertised as a competition oriented PvP shooter which it is at the end of the day. It gathers the wrong crowd. Casual players are good to have but not as the main portion of the community for a PvP shooter and definitely not the main group to cater to.

 

The players that invest a lot of time in a game are also coincidentally players who take it at least semi-serious and they are a lot more likely to drop money on said game than any casual passer by who is just hopping F2P games on Steam/Xbox/PS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EvaPooh said:

Specifically, SPCT is a joke.

As always, if you have a legitimate reason someone shouldn't be on the team contact @Sakebee

If it's just because you don't like x or Y, well tough luck.

 

On Topic: Shouldn't we strive to be the best we can be within out limitations?

So then we could be somewhat satisfied while still wanting to improve where possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SPCT is so smart that it helped to deliver one of the worst weapon balance ideas.

Good job SPCT, glad we have you:)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kevkof said:

On Topic: Shouldn't we strive to be the best we can be within out limitations?

So then we could be somewhat satisfied while still wanting to improve where possible.

Ya sure I could agree with that but the direction this game has been going is only moving in the wrong direction. Day one Matt Scott should have reverted the big changes RP did and done his own testing from there. Back when the game still had a player base. Not take what RP had done and continue this nerf train that is weapon balancing *cough* ntec *cough*.

 

You're setting your own limitations by shooting yourselves in the foot with changes that are A. Completely stupid such as the hvr damage ramping based on accuracy. When all anyone ever wanted was the damage to be adjusted slightly. Or B. Removing things that have been a feature in the game years. That also make APB the arcade style shooter it is. Talking about jumpshots with the HVR or the Ntec as two examples.
 

TL:DR should have set the limitations when the game first traded hands by doing your OWN testing. Along with getting ACTUAL loyal and veteran players feedback.

 

 

Edited by RespectThis
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2020 at 11:35 PM, ViolaDeWynter said:

 

Competent development. In other words, something that LO cannot serve.

this game never had that tho, you're looking at a $100+ million game 🙃

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kevkof said:

As always, if you have a legitimate reason someone shouldn't be on the team contact @Sakebee

If it's just because you don't like x or Y, well tough luck.

First off, you guys are an echo chamber. Getting you guys to agree to boot someone off would never work.

Secondly, I don't dislike any of you. I'm not sucked into APB that hard to even care enough to hate someone specifically.

And lastly, you flatter yourself if you think anyone cares enough to even attempt to dice up your SPCT clique. This game just isn't worth it.

 

Basically, I suspect SPCT is a big reason the game's balance is so whack, but the game has been a freakshow for as long as I can remember, so I don't really feel the need to lower myself down to pick it up. Because to be honest with you, I think most people have better things to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

First off, you guys are an echo chamber. Getting you guys to agree to boot someone off would never work.

 

That's not up to us, that's purely a call for the staff to make.

22 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Basically, I suspect SPCT is a big reason the game's balance is so whack, but the game has been a freakshow for as long as I can remember, so I don't really feel the need to lower myself down to pick it up. Because to be honest with you, I think most people have better things to do.

It would be whack regardless. People just want the old stats back because that's what they are so used to from all the previous years.

At least that's my thoughts on that. Unless you are made aware of something something else you'll want to stick to what you know.

 

It could be that we are partly to blame for the current balance, but for sure we are not the only ones at fault in that then.

if people have better things to do then they shouldn't really be complaining as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kevkof said:

if people have better things to do then they shouldn't really be complaining as much.

Why? Takes 30 seconds to write that post.

You think that equals spending an hour or more trying to explain to whomever why some SPCT dude doesn't deserve the spot? How does that make sense to you?

 

I'll complain if I want to, thanks. Can't play the game cause it's dead, good thing we got you boys on balancing though. Always silver linings with me, y'know?

 

Oh, and sarcasm.

Edited by EvaPooh
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With complete satisfaction you stop playing and move on with something else, so... remember that 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good to identify flaws and want them corrected, but still,
if you like APB, you should count your blessings.
It's a miracle this game is still open despite the lack of revenue.

The game may be becoming obsolete.
However, it never had a better "player-focused" management than under LO.

Edited by Talla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...