Jump to content
Zealocke

PROPOSAL : TO BALANCE THE N-TEC, BUFF THE STAR 556!

Poll (Please read post first before answering)  

107 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you agree the STAR 556 to make it as competitive as the N-TEC so the game becomes more balanced?

    • Yes, maybe with your idea
      16
    • Yes, but with another way of buffing it
      17
    • No, Should stay as it is
      74


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Excalibur! said:

You are more able for cqc than most asault rifles with their long range atribute.

 

I already explained this... there are plenty of range variants for each roll (i mean more effective at diferent ranges). 

Assault rifles (closer to longest range):  aces; atac; star; ntec; ursus. I do not name the cobra because the only time i used it it was trash, even it looks like trash.

yeah, but we only talk about the Star because apart from the n-tec is the only ar you can get without paying real money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

yeah, but we only talk about the Star because apart from the n-tec is the only ar you can get without paying real money.

And joker tickets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Excalibur! said:

And joker tickets?

You got a point. Still if i did something for all ars it would have been worse. Just look at the backlash of this thread. And for a gun everyone ditches sooner or later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Zealocke said:

You got a point. Still if i did something for all ars it would have been worse. Just look at the backlash of this thread. And for a gun everyone ditches sooner or later.

If you still insist into buffing the star i would say increase marksman movement speed, decrease* equip time and reload time. Those are the things i would buff on star -and i think it really needs it to be more competitive-.

 

EDit: missed decrease...

Edited by Excalibur!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing to balance. Get better at playing. Votes clearly show whats right.

Edited by ch4ncer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

I'd say there were other Assault Rifles in far greater need of a rework.

Like the COBR-A, as mentioned before, being a complete delete-button worthy gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zealocke said:

How? Here are some ideas for me.

 

- Change the ttk to 0.70 sec by giving 7% more base firerate.

- Change the bloom recovery so it recovers the same way and same speed as the N-TEC, but with less per shot modifier, so it can burst at mid ranges properly and mantain cqc capabilities.

- Reduce the bloom modifier for shooting on the move so you can reflex it properly and meaningfully if you want to.

I really like your idea to buff the STAR to make it more comparable with the N-TEC. But the main problem is, that the N-TEC is clearly superior compared with any other assault rilfes. So don't you think its more reilable to nerf the N-TEC and put it on the same level as the other assault rifles ?

 

Your idea might solve the "star ntec- problem", but on the other hand you'll keep the problem, that the other assault rilfes are still inferior. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not only the STAR, but also the FAR, COBR-A, S1-FA, ACES Rifle, AR-97 and the ISSR-a, because the N-TEC is just better than all of these in every way.

 

I don't think we should make all AR's as versatile as the N-TEC. What's the use of DMRs and SMGs then?

Edited by GhosT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Star 556 is meant to be good in every situation while not superior in any one of them. Star is great in medium range, where you can basically fullauto with decent accuracy, therefore kill very fast. I would say this is its power. Same pays for FAR spearhead.

As I say, noob that fullauto yoling with STAR is often more dangerous than experienced player. I like Start 556 for what it is and it should stay like that.

I agree that there are other AR that needs to be reworked.. COBR-A, ISSR Artemis, Misery, S1-FA

 

FAR = Star, but it does the job better. No need to touch.

ACES Rifle = is good while hipfire and even while aiming. With its TTK of 0.72s its does not need to touched. Actualy I like this weapon a lot.

 

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the STAR should be changed.

 

It is mediocre at everything it does and that is exactly how a starter weapon should work. A starter weapon should not have any strengths and the changes you've suggested would make the game harder to get into than it already is - the STAR is a 'decent-at-everything-but-not-great' weapon and that is exactly how it should stay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The NTEC is far more reliable in a vast majority of the situations as an AR than the STAR. It has always felt that way and always worked that way. The strangest thing is that everyone's defending the STAR, while all these people would instantly switch over to NTEC the moment they could. And that's not because the NTEC requires more skill.

 

An assault rifle that's more versatile requires less skill, because it's more capable over more situations. And no, before anyone comes up with any nonsense, the NTEC isn't a jack-of-all trades. That's what the COBRA used to be before they changed that gun up entirely. The only thing that makes an NTEC require just a slight amount of skill is Cooling Jacket, yet when you put that on a STAR the gun loses what comparatively little reliability it has left.

 

The NTEC, especially pre-curve mechanic was superior in every way. Even the go-to mod setups for the gun had more variety than the STAR had.

 

A lot of people that can play NTEC can play STAR, that's something that can't be denied. But since the vast majority still rather plays NTEC means that the NTEC has an extra edge the STAR doesn't have, making the NTEC more useful than the STAR, thus overshadowing it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

Star 556 is meant to be good in every situation while not superior in any one of them. Star is great in medium range, where you can basically fullauto with decent accuracy, therefore kill very fast. I would say this is its power. Same pays for FAR spearhead.

As I say, noob that fullauto yoling with STAR is often more dangerous than experienced player. I like Start 556 for what it is and it should stay like that.

I agree that there are other AR that needs to be reworked.. COBR-A, ISSR Artemis, Misery, S1-FA

 

FAR = Star, but it does the job better. No need to touch.

ACES Rifle = is good while hipfire and even while aiming. With its TTK of 0.72s its does not need to touched. Actualy I like this weapon a lot.

 

 

I bought the FAR when I started APB and it turned out to be wasted money. There is, as stated in this thread, no reason to play it, when you can have a NTEC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Haganu said:

The NTEC is far more reliable in a vast majority of the situations as an AR than the STAR. It has always felt that way and always worked that way. The strangest thing is that everyone's defending the STAR, while all these people would instantly switch over to NTEC the moment they could. And that's not because the NTEC requires more skill.

 

An assault rifle that's more versatile requires less skill, because it's more capable over more situations. And no, before anyone comes up with any nonsense, the NTEC isn't a jack-of-all trades. That's what the COBRA used to be before they changed that gun up entirely. The only thing that makes an NTEC require just a slight amount of skill is Cooling Jacket, yet when you put that on a STAR the gun loses what comparatively little reliability it has left.

 

The NTEC, especially pre-curve mechanic was superior in every way. Even the go-to mod setups for the gun had more variety than the STAR had.

 

A lot of people that can play NTEC can play STAR, that's something that can't be denied. But since the vast majority still rather plays NTEC means that the NTEC has an extra edge the STAR doesn't have, making the NTEC more useful than the STAR, thus overshadowing it.

I honestly likes how ntec fires, but star def feels easier.

I would pick ntec over star because the longer reach, as i would pick ursus over ntec...

 

People who mains ntec, destroys with star for a reason...

 

EDIT: star hipfire amazingly, you wont believe how much it helps for cqc battles. Star completly rekt ntec hipfiring.

EDIT2: i am just using it in asylum and is so good that i even rekt cqc weapons... i cant honestly believe people complain about this gun.

 

kzLtjUp.png

Just now, and i died once because i was typing. This gun is smart and trying to buff star is a meme as nerf ntec... im done.

 

I even got a rage whisper, i never get those lmao

xdDYXT7.jpg

Edited by Excalibur!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Star is fine as it is, against N-Tec users it fairs decently unless I let them sit at a longer ranges. Which is my fault rather than the Star needing a buff.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*glances at title* 

*scrolls down and sees charts but keeps scrolling to the submit reply box*

There's no need to fix what is not broken. Let Little Orbit focus on more important priorities.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make everyone go back to the LCR. In fact, replace all weapons with the LCR.

 

Boom! Balanced gameplay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Songbearer said:

Make everyone go back to the LCR. In fact, replace all weapons with the LCR.

 

Boom! Balanced gameplay.

Best solution found. Please close this thread now that we have a solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Songbearer said:

Make everyone go back to the LCR. In fact, replace all weapons with the LCR.

 

Boom! Balanced gameplay.

GqXPo1b.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

I honestly likes how ntec fires, but star def feels easier.

I would pick ntec over star because the longer reach, as i would pick ursus over ntec...

 

People who mains ntec, destroys with star for a reason...

 

EDIT: star hipfire amazingly, you wont believe how much it helps for cqc battles. Star completly rekt ntec hipfiring.

EDIT2: i am just using it in asylum and is so good that i even rekt cqc weapons... i cant honestly believe people complain about this gun.

 

kzLtjUp.png

Just now, and i died once because i was typing. This gun is smart and trying to buff star is a meme as nerf ntec... im done.

 

I even got a rage whisper, i never get those lmao

xdDYXT7.jpg

Easier yes, yet still people doesnt use it. Still maybe with this post people will begin to use it more.

That still doesnt change the fact that it gets destroyed by almost any modding

 

Still is a nice example and i thank you for showing it

Edited by Zealocke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

brb making more forum accounts to vote for the 3rd option (( again ))

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ch4ncer said:

brb making more forum accounts to vote for the 3rd option (( again ))

 

Do i have to bring the troll spray again? 😥

Edited by Zealocke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This poll brought me hope that our community actually can be reasonable.

 

GG guys, GG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...