Sakebee

Second Open Beta this Weekend

Hey everyone,

We are happy to announce that we are ready to run a second Open Beta test this coming Saturday, August 1st, from 11am-2pm Pacific! Our engineers have been combing through the code, and you should now be able to log in properly. If you would like more details on what we uncovered with your help in the first Open Beta or need to download the beta client once again, please head over to our website.

See you there!

🐝 Sakebee

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Why is it such a limited period again?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Let's hope it goes smoothly, for the sake of the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Woot woot! It's good to see you all are committed to this.

8 minutes ago, Shui said:

Smaller tests at first and then if things go well, it'll get longer and longer

• Like 3

the question that does not want to remain silent, will I need to change my processor to play the beta?

Hell yes! Good luck and see you guys there.

13 minutes ago, zMax said:

the question that does not want to remain silent, will I need to change my processor to play the beta?

For this beta it's TBD I assume. AVX-512 is needed to run the game, and it's not an easy fix to really implement non-AVX-512 override functions in appropriate places that would benefit from it without significant code work. So if they've completed it for this beta, then yes, you can use your current server-grade processor or old potato that supports AVX-512.  Note that *not* using AVX is a significant performance drop in almost every case and is done on compile time. There is a solution but not one that is a quick implementation and not one you can do yourself short of replacing the hardware.

Edited by Sophiie
  • Like 2

Will I need to change my processor that does not support AVX instructions to play the beta?

Thats nice.What about the progression of financial and waterfront?Thats the big thing..we test them in 2027 or when?We just need info how close are the main maps for being finished.Its not close thats for sure otherwise there would be no such silence

p.s. i was expecting new QnA with CEO and devs/streamers on financial and waterfront thats why im kinda disappointed..because more than 3 months ago(april 17)CEO said that the only thing from stopin us to do finan. today was the lack of servers

Edited by TheMessiah
  • Like 1

@DevTeam
Fingers crossed, this time things go smoothly.

BTW you guys are way too harsh on yourselves.
You're basically simulating the worse possible kind of user scenario: Thousands of players trying to access the same resources at the same time.
Consider gradually giving access to users according to account age.

This invite means: "Hey guys! Let's plan to simulate a DDoS on our login servers, this Saturday 6 pm GMT !"

Edited by Talla
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Talla said:

@DevTeam
Fingers crossed, this time things go smoothly.

BTW you guys are way too harsh on yourselves.
You're basically simulating the worse possible kind of user scenario: Thousands of players trying to access the same resources at the same time.
Consider gradually giving access to users according to account age.

This invite means: "Hey guys! Let's plan to simulate a DDoS on our login servers, this Saturday 11 am !"

(again)

17 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

We just need info how close are the main maps for being finished.

What made you think they weren't finished? You've seen screenshots.

48 minutes ago, Shui said:

You've apparently never been part of an actual beta test for a video game before. This is normal.

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Probably the part where MattScott himself has stated repeatedly that Financial and Waterfront aren't complete, and that's why they aren't part of the EU yet?

24 minutes ago, Hunt said:

(again)

Better this than years of nothing with G1.

I am going to re-schedule my Clubnight with the boys for this. I hope I don't come to regret this decision.

Good fortune to all.

Edited by VanilleKeks

15 minutes ago, EvaPooh said:

Better this than years of nothing with G1.

Absolutely, can't argue with that.

great news Little Orbit !

thanks for the chance to try it again .

38 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

You've apparently never been part of an actual beta test for a video game before. This is normal.

Probably the part where MattScott himself has stated repeatedly that Financial and Waterfront aren't complete, and that's why they aren't part of the EU yet?

Problem is betas are never 3 hours long in those cases... If anything they tend to last longer then a week unless they are gonna pull a 343i and extend it for couple more days.

• Like 2

Nice! hope i'll get in this time 🙂

47 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

maybe cuz they aren't part of the beta... and they are simply the "main game". U also stated that u are more the "mission guy" 🙂

1 hour ago, Hexerin said:

They work fine for me.

We've had access to them since before the screenshots Matt allowed us to share.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

I am going to re-schedule my Clubnight with the boys for this. I hope I don't come to regret this decision.

Good fortune to all.

As long as you go out and don't try to betatest, you are not going to regret your decision.

I'm going to make drinks and watch the train wreck from a safe distance, then wait for people with non high-end gaming to find out performance is worse is about the same or even worse for them because avx.

Edited by Sayori

Glad to hear it! 🙂

Could Open Beta testers get a title tho.. for swagness