Sakebee

Legendary Beta Patch Announcement

Expect the unexpected! hyped for the beta!! 

Awesome, beautiful work people, give a big clap for your team from us.

Just making sure, the announcement says there is a 1% chance for a legendary at every 500JT purchased, if you buy a pack of more JT, this is automatically stacked, right?

Edit to remove my math 😄

Edited by N66

1 minute ago, N66 said:

Awesome, beautiful work people, give a big clap for your team from us.

Just making sure, the announcement says there is a 1% chance for a legendary at every 500JT purchased, if you buy a 25k JT(50x500) pack, you get 50% chance?

That's not how probability works.

You get 1%^50

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You get 1%^50

Well yes, sorry I didn't do the math when I'm hyped reading the other tab :))

nice

Hi everyone,

I also want to acknowledge the hard work put in by SPCT and our closed testing group of players.

This was very tedious work, and a lot of it wasn't fun. It wouldn't have been possible with them getting on week after week and reporting issues.

I also want to level set expectations.

I'm releasing the Beta because we need a lot more concurrency and mass testing now. Expect crashes and issues.

This is going to be bumpy, but at this point we can't do this without the community.

We needed to cross this threshold so we can start focusing on mission districts and better matchmaking.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 11
  • Thanks 20

Very exciting.

Question: If we get lucky and get the legendary permanently from renting it for 2.5k Joker Tickets, will we get another one if we rent it the full 20 times?

inb4 the upcoming beta-feedback thread will be longer than that "last person to reply to this thread wins" thread 🥰

APB's new dawn draws near, the days ahead will be ones to remember~~

#StayPositive&ReportEngineBugs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You get 1%^50

that's not how it works either... that'd be the probability to get one with every stack for 50 stacks

P = 1-(1-0.01)^50 = 40% ish @N66 to get at least 1 legendary

Edited by heelruby
math

3 minutes ago, heelruby said:

that's not how it works either... that'd be the probability to get one with every stack for 50 stacks

Yes

Lots of good news in a big big bundle.

I absolutely love these steps you are taking, I think this is very healthy progress indeed!

12 minutes ago, iCraze said:

Very exciting.

Question: If we get lucky and get the legendary permanently from renting it for 2.5k Joker Tickets, will we get another one if we rent it the full 20 times?

If you get the Legendary from the 5% drop, it will reset your progress bar on that legendary. You won't be able to get double drops 🙂 

What this ceiling does do, however, is ensure that you will be guaranteed to get the gun you want if you keep renting, no matter how lucky or unlucky you get.

• Like 3

this is incredible news. can't wait to see where APB will go from here.

god bless ya, Matt and LO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi everyone,

I also want to acknowledge the hard work put in by SPCT and our closed testing group of players.

This was very tedious work, and a lot of it wasn't fun. It wouldn't have been possible with them getting on week after week and reporting issues.

I also want to level set expectations.

I'm releasing the Beta because we need a lot more concurrency and mass testing now. Expect crashes and issues.

This is going to be bumpy, but at this point we can't do this without the community.

We needed to cross this threshold so we can start focusing on mission districts and better matchmaking.

Thanks,
Matt

Great news.

Hopefully a lot of players will hop on and test the new engine.

I'm assuming that your team will have all of the appropriate monitoring tools on the server end,

to record any server issues, anomalies, performance metrics and what not.

Is there anything specifically the playerbase can do regarding client side issues, crashes. errors,  or in game bugs ?

Are you expecting players to submit Bug Reports, and any relevant log files as part of these public Beta tests ?

If so, is there a process that we should follow, or use the current Support Web site, specifying that this is the "Beta" instance ?

I'm assuming the more bug reporting the better.

Thank you

4 minutes ago, Westford said:

Great news.

Hopefully a lot of players will hop on and test the new engine.

I'm assuming that your team will have all of the appropriate monitoring tools on the server end,

to record any server issues, anomalies, performance metrics and what not.

Is there anything specifically the playerbase can do regarding client side issues, crashes. errors,  or in game bugs ?

Are you expecting players to submit Bug Reports, and any relevant log files as part of these public Beta tests ?

If so, is there a process that we should follow, or use the current Support Web site, specifying that this is the "Beta" instance ?

I'm assuming the more bug reporting the better.

Thank you

We have a special section of the forums for Beta feedback. You can check it out here.

6 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

We have a special section of the forums for Beta feedback. You can check it out here.

Thanks @Sakebee.

The section for Bug reporting does not allow for the uploading of files.

So any client side log files will not be needed ?

(this would be more relevant to client side crashes to Desktop)

Thanks

Edited by Westford

I wonder how cheap legendary items will get. Better sell them now. 

7 minutes ago, Westford said:

Thanks @Sakebee.

The section for Bug reporting does not allow for the uploading of files.

So any client side log files will not be needed ?

Thanks

If you experience an issue (like a crash, etc), the beta client will bring up a report window. Please be sure to submit that to us. All the relevant data that you would get by posting a log will be captured that way. No need to do so manually.

• Thanks 1

ngl this made me pogchamp super hard

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sakebee said:

If you experience an issue (like a crash, etc), the beta client will bring up a report window. Please be sure to submit that to us. All the relevant data that you would get by posting a log will be captured that way. No need to do so manually.

Good to know.

Looking forward in participating.

Time to spend the 200k JTs I have left over.