Y2Venom

How about removing Abandonmission

Every time i try to play, i am constantly seeing high level golds abandonmission when they have a new player. Essentially leaving pre made teams communicating against ungrouped players not communicating. Players getting trounced time after time. Players leave and play another game. This is not a new issue, its been going on for years. What i mean by this, experienced players refusing to team with new players.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

not every gold wants to babysit during their play session, and not every gold is capable of babysitting

/abandonmission already only works on unopposed missions, i’d rather orbit cracked down even harder on people who afk opposed missions instead

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Its exactly what I said. There are too many pleasant fellow golds.  If you already get an "easier" mission with mixture of gold silver opponents, least you can do is not abandon low rank or new player on your side.

I didnt abandon neither one single mission and I have been getting Trainees on my side plenty of times. 

However i am not for removal of abandonmission because if you are grouped with toxic players you very well know, you should 've option to leave such group. That is if you are fast enough before getting opp, which is currently a fine option imo

Edited by Kitty Yekaterina
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Solamente said:

not every gold wants to babysit during their play session, and not every gold is capable of babysitting

/abandonmission already only works on unopposed missions, i’d rather orbit cracked down even harder on people who afk opposed missions instead

my point exaclt. Remove the abandonmission, make it compulsary to team with lower levels, stop golds being lazy and steam rolling the opposition.

22 minutes ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

Its exactly what I said. There are too many pleasant fellow golds.  If you already get an "easier" mission with mixture of gold silver opponents, least you can do is not abandon low rank or new player on your side.

I didnt abandon neither one single mission and I have been getting Trainees on my side plenty of times. 

However i am not for removal of abandonmission because if you are grouped with toxic players you very well know, you should 've option to leave such group. That is if you are fast enough before getting opp, which is currently a fine option imo

How do you know if the player is toxic if you have not teamed with him. I will create a new player today and start playing, i will screenshot every game and post it here. We will  see where the toxicity falls.

19 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

my point exaclt. Remove the abandonmission, make it compulsary to team with lower levels, stop golds being lazy and steam rolling the opposition

i don’t see the point in forcing uneven teams - all that’s going to do is increase toxicity towards new/low skilled players imo, especially among the golds who aren’t good enough to carry 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

my point exaclt. Remove the abandonmission, make it compulsary to team with lower levels, stop golds being lazy and steam rolling the opposition.

How do you know if the player is toxic if you have not teamed with him. I will create a new player today and start playing, i will screenshot every game and post it here. We will  see where the toxicity falls.

That is why i said  :

47 minutes ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

if you are grouped with toxic players you very well know

meaning if your know those players from before encounters, and you know its toxic imbecile... then you need abandonmission option to get rid of him.  I wont play with jerk people.

• Like 2

This is a poor matchmaking issue I think. Not an issue with /abandonmission.

Removing this ability won't fix the main problem.

(imo)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kitty Yekaterina said:

meaning if your know those players from before encounters, and you know its toxic imbecile... then you need abandonmission option to get rid of him.  I wont play with jerk people.

You use /report for that. . . But that depends who is "toxic" imbecile to you.

2 hours ago, Solamente said:

There is that... and then there are golds moaning about lack of new players.

If essentialy every experinced team is against or never on your side - then how you can find this game even remotely enjoyable?

I swear if I would start playing this game in 2020, I would quit day one.

Edited by Mitne

3 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

Every time i try to play, i am constantly seeing high level golds abandonmission when they have a new player. Essentially leaving pre made teams communicating against ungrouped players not communicating. Players getting trounced time after time. Players leave and play another game. This is not a new issue, its been going on for years. What i mean by this, experienced players refusing to team with new players.

I woudl prefer just preventing the mission from starting until there are players on both sides. 

I still don't understand why you are allowed to start a mission without opposition especially when you gain nothing from completing it and even if you wait, it is a free first round. 

Edited by HawtGirl

46 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

I woudl prefer just preventing the mission from starting until there are players on both sides. 

I still don't understand why you are allowed to start a mission without opposition especially when you gain nothing from completing it and even if you wait, it is a free first round. 

because when this game was first came out it was unusual that players could even reach the first point and prep it before opposition showed up.

Back then crims would be opposed against crims, large fights of 20+ vs 20+ would happen, it wasn't until everyone started leaving (near the end of RTW because of all the open cheating) that you would sit there waiting for opposition.  The system wasn't built for such a small population of varying skill levels.

Disabling /abandonmission won't stop high-rank picky players from leaving missions as there are no real penalties to shutting APB down and restarting it. Moreover, this will become even easier and faster once the new engine hits as it loads faster.

It is also important to note the mission title before judging as a lot of players /abandonmission because they don't like the mission itself or its last stage (e.g the somewhat lengthy Creme De La Crime or missions that end with VIP). Those people play with configs that modify mission descriptions. The descriptions either tell them to /abandonmission or what the last stage is going to be (you can easily find streamers with such configs on Twitch). Think of it as a cheat-paper on a test.

I am not denying that high-rankers /abandonmission because they want to win, but don't let it get to you because not every /abandonmission you see is like that.

8 minutes ago, illgot said:

because when this game was first came out it was unusual that players could even reach the first point and prep it before opposition showed up.

It is still odd design choice not having it under control. 

9 minutes ago, illgot said:

Back then crims would be opposed against crims

They should bring that back. Big part of the reason for bad matchmaking is the faction lock. 

The better option would be if the mission wouldn't start if there were no opponents

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

There is that... and then there are golds moaning about lack of new players.

If essentialy every experinced team is against or never on your side - then how you can find this game even remotely enjoyable?

it will never be never 

aside from the fact that there really shouldn’t be this kind of skill disparity in any given mission, on jericho there are plenty of people who don’t abandon missions and plenty of missions that don’t start until opposed

15 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

They should bring that back. Big part of the reason for bad matchmaking is the faction lock. 

it didn't actually work well.  It was odd, crims could be opposed to crims but enforcers could not fight enforcers.  You ended up with crims vs crims while two groups of enforcers stood around waiting for opposition.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, illgot said:

it didn't actually work well.  It was odd, crims could be opposed to crims but enforcers could not fight enforcers.  You ended up with crims vs crims while two groups of enforcers stood around waiting for opposition.

I mean there will obviously need to be alternative for the enforces as well, though I am unsure if that could even be worked into the story at all.

The best way this could work is just having mash up from both factions in a team but unfortunately that throws the whole idea of the game out of the window. 

Seems like the game design is shooting itself in the foot all the time. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by HawtGirl

14 minutes ago, HawtGirl said:

I mean there will obviously need to be alternative for the enforces as well, though I am unsure if that could even be worked into the story at all.

The best way this could work is just having mash up from both factions in a team but unfortunately that throws the whole idea of the game out of the window. 

Seems like the game design is shooting itself in the foot all the time. 🤷‍♀️

there’s really nothing in the lore that prevents enforcers from fighting each other - the praetorians and the prentiss tigers are two separate factions with differing goals and methods, especially with the ‘escalation’ plot line that was abandoned midway by g1

this has already been touched upon within the riot lore (which was horrible, but still exists), with the prentiss tigers fighting against the praetorians  

3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

there’s really nothing in the lore that prevents enforcers from fighting each other - the praetorians and the prentiss tigers are two separate factions with differing goals and methods, especially with the ‘escalation’ plot line that was abandoned midway by g1

this has already been touched upon within the riot lore (which was horrible, but still exists), with the prentiss tigers fighting against the praetorians  

there is no need for faction vs faction.  It should honestly just be a free for all at this point.

4 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

Some toxic golds routinely stack full gold premade groups, and sadly TK or trash talk any silver who joins the mission in hopes of making him quit.  They ofc only want silvers as op so they can play the grind into extermination game.

Until they fix unbalanced missions and matchmaking this shouldn't be removed imo.

• Like 1

these are the same people who demanded people remove the 'remove from team' function.

and look at it now, people bitching about afk people in their missions or complaining that people abandon missions because they dont wanna carry shitties

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 hours ago, Y2Venom said:

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This is a poor matchmaking issue I think. Not an issue with /abandonmission.

Removing this ability won't fix the main problem.

(imo)

My thoughts exact Cookie, The game may remove players before there is opposition...

...Why? I don't really know, I'd hazard a guess it's meant to be a game auto-balancing feature that was long forgotton or maybe it's a bug which people dismissed as being /AbandonMission.

As previously mentioned some just want to avoid imbalanced missions (stages, objectives &or finals).

Others don't want to play a terribly balanced round and leaving silvers to be matched vs other silvers instead of golds to compensate for the one in their team is a positive too.

The only real issue that can be created is when a mission that was designed to be played with more people is left with way to few players duking it out.

2 hours ago, Hey! said:

Some toxic golds routinely stack full gold premade groups, and sadly TK or trash talk any silver who joins the mission in hopes of making him quit.  They ofc only want silvers as op so they can play the grind into extermination game.

This doesn't make sense. Premade gold groups can't get silvers (or any others for that fact) as teammates unless they activate the 'Alliance' feature which none of them do for that very reason.

• Like 2

i would be ok with this, WHEN they've reworked all the fucked missions. Thanks Box.