Jump to content
N3wMarty

To LO about Pentagram, Satanism, Symbolism and your designs in future

Recommended Posts

Halloween knocks on our doors, finally.


- While people obviously go with the flow of the mainstream, Halloween parties, funny horror shows, they don't know or don't care about what kind of symbols they play around with and sometimes it's even better they don't know much about their meaning, at all.

Well, anyhow, with that sexy 'Pentagram outfit' it's the first time I see any symbol attached to armas-clothes (or am I wrong?) and even it's related to Halloween, I am wondering where this goes to...


- While the pentagram's origin and usage is different, by today's mainstream the >inverted pentagram< is mostly known aligned to Satanism,

for example combined with a goat in the middle it's the main-logo of 'The Church of Satan' in the U.S.:

 

Baphosimb.gif

 

Satanism is by the mainstream mostly known for
- black mass
- blood rituals with animal and human sacrifices
- Antichrist, demons, evil, and so on and so on...

To mention also the Nazi-league already used to have satanic circles and celebrating occultism, not because black and red was also their favourite colour, lol


So I am wondering, what comes next, at the Christmas event?
'Fundamental Christians outfit' or 'The Holy Pope outfit' covered with 'Holy Cross' symbols?


I am asking Little Orbit:
Why didn't you design the outfit itself demon-ish in its form or style which would be easily possible without any symbol instead? For example with some small extensions like the little claws at the Devil-Wings, to make em look devilish...


I am asking Little Orbit:
Is it in future really necessary to place any controversy, any religious, or any kind of symbols -at all- on certain clothing parts?


And about Christmas event I have a suggestion already: as a counterpart to Halloween why don't you make a sexy latex/leather Angel-Suit (without any symbol) to complete the existing Angel-Wings/Angel-Halo as a set?


Please think about it,

Happy Halloween

  • Like 4
  • Dislike 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, really, the only harm these symbols could do is piss off maybe one or two users. And even if they weren't added, people *still* make pentagrams (matter of fact, also swastikas, and other bad symbols) with stretched squares in APB. So why remove the extra customization options? 

 

People should get over this trend of getting easily offended because it can affect some forms of harmless expression.

 

Also, today I almost beat up a woman in the subway, so my opinion on these matters does not count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really see a problem with it tbh.  The pentagram in general is a cool design, and I think it was incorporated into the new clothing really well.  When it's used in the context of Halloween the symbolism really doesn't matter.  I remember someone was also offended and making a big deal out of the Revelations pack back when that came out.  Can't remember who it was but really, a little religious symbolism won't hurt anyone.  I'll give you credit though, this post was a hell of a lot more civil than the anti-Revelations dude.  I was concerned for that man's blood pressure.  If you don't like the items, just don't try to unlock them.  LO is in control now and they can steer new content in any direction they want within reason.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting topic. this is pretty tricky stuff.

 

there are so many laws surrounding "freedom of speech"... which i think this would fall into.

 

it feels LO is likely "safe" as this is not an item you can get without monetary consent. it's not a stock property of the game.

 

but hey, who knows... i mean... you can buy hot coffee at mcdonalds, dump it on yourself "accidentally" and then get a case into the court system.

 

i will say if they were shooting for edgy, this armas lineup certainly stands out 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, N3wMarty said:

I am asking Little Orbit:
Is it in future really necessary to place any controversy, any religious, or any kind of symbols -at all- on certain clothing parts?

I do see your point in principle as a religion, but while it is sexualisation... In context, it should be considered if moral expectations probably should be inverted for this specific religion.

 

While all religions should be treated with respect equally, they are unique as much as their respected cultures and should be treated individually as such.

Sometimes we may not agree with everything relating to those cultures or religions but if one is to tolerate them, then it is their own set standards and that should be respected.

 

 

Hell is the place where sinners go, If a satanist is offended by the sexualisation of a pentagram... I'm sorry but there's quite the oxymoron.

 

1 of the 7 deadly sins is lust!

To play devil's advocate; Lust means to have a strong desire (commonly used to refer to sexual pleasure). So it could be up for a boarder interpretation, possibly implying jealousy being sinful.

 

 

 

Edit: My personal honest opinion... I think people who follow more common religions are going to be more pissed off by the symbol being there at all, rather than those who are offended by than the sexualisation of it!

 

The principle still stands and rightly so, but still stands in a paradox in this occasion.

Edited by VickyFox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a roleplay game, besides there's already people who do pentagrams and dress like "satanists" ingame, let them be.

People need to separate game from reality and stop getting "offended" so easily just because someone thinks the opposite.

Of course no one wants a guy dressed like nazi and spamming stuff to offend jews. But if he just dresses like that and play normally i don't really see a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 1:54 PM, N3wMarty said:

Halloween knocks on our doors, finally.


- While people obviously go with the flow of the mainstream, Halloween parties, funny horror shows, they don't know or don't care about what kind of symbols they play around with and sometimes it's even better they don't know much about their meaning, at all.

Well, anyhow, with that sexy 'Pentagram outfit' it's the first time I see any symbol attached to armas-clothes (or am I wrong?) and even it's related to Halloween, I am wondering where this goes to...


- While the pentagram's origin and usage is different, by today's mainstream the >inverted pentagram< is mostly known aligned to Satanism,

for example combined with a goat in the middle it's the main-logo of 'The Church of Satan' in the U.S.:

 

Baphosimb.gif

 

Satanism is by the mainstream mostly known for
- black mass
- blood rituals with animal and human sacrifices
- Antichrist, demons, evil, and so on and so on...

To mention also the Nazi-league already used to have satanic circles and celebrating occultism, not because black and red was also their favourite colour, lol


So I am wondering, what comes next, at the Christmas event?
'Fundamental Christians outfit' or 'The Holy Pope outfit' covered with 'Holy Cross' symbols?


I am asking Little Orbit:
Why didn't you design the outfit itself demon-ish in its form or style which would be easily possible without any symbol instead? For example with some small extensions like the little claws at the Devil-Wings, to make em look devilish...


I am asking Little Orbit:
Is it in future really necessary to place any controversy, any religious, or any kind of symbols -at all- on certain clothing parts?


And about Christmas event I have a suggestion already: as a counterpart to Halloween why don't you make a sexy latex/leather Angel-Suit (without any symbol) to complete the existing Angel-Wings/Angel-Halo as a set?


Please think about it,

Happy Halloween

Satanism by mainstream... you mean the same "mainstream" that blames violence in America on video games?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, illgot said:

Satanism by mainstream... you mean the same "mainstream" that blames violence in America on video games?

Sooooo, we should remove all video game references in this video game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.

LaVeyanism in action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

everyone and their mom use pentagrams, reverse pentagrams, mirrored pentagrams, inverted pentagrams, rotated pentagrams, colorful pentagrams and whatnot.

maybe also nazis, satanists, communists, witches and cats among others.

 

this isn't a "nordic rune" or "temple symbol".

 

but i get it, satanist stuff is edgy and offends the good old christians.

 

however, "the church of satan" neither worships the devil nor satan, has nothing to do with christianity or any other religion or more than any two religions have to do with each other apart from not believing in any of them. they are, indeed, not satanists. they are also not known for any black masses, human sacrifices or whatnot.

 

so much for misinformation. 

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 3:39 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Jokes on you. Pentagram was mathematically a thing before Satanism ever existed.

You're my favorite, ZombieBiscuit. -- On another note N3wMarty, I feel that maybe if it's not for you just don't use it forehead. Though I understand it's not for everyone there's plenty of people who do like that kind of stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zeals said:

You're my favorite, ZombieBiscuit. -- On another note N3wMarty, I feel that maybe if it's not for you just don't use it forehead. Though I understand it's not for everyone there's plenty of people who do like that kind of stuff.

Late much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Late much.

I browse the forums every so often, and when I comment... its super late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...