Hexerin

Why the hell would you nerf the OBIR's mobility?

1 minute ago, Snubnose said:

also, I want to see the ISSR-A 'Artemis' be AN ACTUAL ASSAULT RIFLE with higher firerate / less damage and not this knockoff marksman rifle it is now...

i'd rather not see the base functions of the issra change honestly, i think it should be pushed more towards its hybrid AR/rifle intent instead of just making it another typical AR

Just now, Solamente said:

i'd rather not see the base functions of the issra change honestly, i think it should be pushed more towards its hybrid AR/rifle intent instead of just making it another typical AR

it can be a low mag size fast firing weapon, with great recoil... making it a high risk - high reward kind of weapon... like the .45 AP for example.

the AS VAL is one of my favourite weapons in most other games... I just think it's sad you can't full-auto it in its full glory... I mean there's already the sniper 4 shot version of the weapon.... why does the assault rifle version have to be the weird hybrid thing... it's just not much fun to play with TBH.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

I'm still hoping for changes to the snubnose, harbinger and norsemen.
also, I want to see the ISSR-A 'Artemis' be AN ACTUAL ASSAULT RIFLE with higher firerate / less damage and not this knockoff marksman rifle it is now...

Same here. 

13 minutes ago, Snubnose said:

it can be a low mag size fast firing weapon, with great recoil... making it a high risk - high reward kind of weapon... like the .45 AP for example.

the AS VAL is one of my favourite weapons in most other games... I just think it's sad you can't full-auto it in its full glory... I mean there's already the sniper 4 shot version of the weapon.... why does the assault rifle version have to be the weird hybrid thing... it's just not much fun to play with TBH.

i guess that could work, altho we already have the aces and the atac for faster cqc oriented ARs

28 minutes ago, Solamente said:

i guess that could work, altho we already have the aces and the atac for faster cqc oriented ARs

it could be similar to the ACES rifle, but without the bloom, but more recoil. (also a lot higher risk, but more rewarding) I'm making a suggestion thread right now.

edit:
finished the suggestion thread.

Edited by Snubnose

12 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

My issue is this was the only reason I chose the Obir over other weapons. Not the end of the world, but I worry that taking the fun out of fun weapons as opposed to making less fun weapons more fun, is the wrong way to balance. (what even is English?)

Thank god you weren't around when they started adding a switch delay to the HVR, scout and pump shotguns...

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

My issue is this was the only reason I chose the Obir over other weapons. Not the end of the world, but I worry that taking the fun out of fun weapons as opposed to making less fun weapons more fun, is the wrong way to balance. (what even is English?)

If you're using the gun to abuse what amounts to an exploit I have some bad news for you

Starting a CQC fight at half health with no real counterplay is the antithesis of fun. This is a perfectly fine way to balance.

Edited by Nitronik

3 hours ago, GhosT said:

Thank god you weren't around when they started adding a switch delay to the HVR, scout and pump shotguns...

cant really comment on that Im afraid. Though I was against the most recent HVR changes, so who knows.

2 hours ago, Nitronik said:

If you're using the gun to abuse what amounts to an exploit I have some bad news for you

Starting a CQC fight at half health with no real counterplay is the antithesis of fun. This is a perfectly fine way to balance.

I guess Citadel just must have a different play style. Ive never had an issue taking out Obir players, CQC or otherwise. Using it, for me, is only fun cuz of the goofy reverse QS method. Ive never been huge Obir fan as so many other guns outperform it, so its whatever really. Just another on a growing list of guns I'll never use again. I just hope the plan for balance isn't to nerf everything.

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

cant really comment on that Im afraid. Though I was against the most recent HVR changes, so who knows.

I guess Citadel just must have a different play style. Ive never had an issue taking out Obir players, CQC or otherwise. Using it, for me, is only fun cuz of the goofy reverse QS method. Ive never been huge Obir fan as so many other guns outperform it, so its whatever really. Just another on a growing list of guns I'll never use again. I just hope the plan for balance isn't to nerf everything.

The most recent change where it deals different damage depending on crosshair accuracy actually is trash and seems like a bandaid fix for crouch hip firing.

But the (failed) quickswitch-fix and not being able to change weapons while chambering another round were much needed.

As for the playstyle.. It's not any different from citadel. Many OBIR players quickswitch with it over here. It's just not as noticeable as other guns because it kinda meets the N-TEC TTK when you quickswitch it.

This got me thinking, why is this nerf even a thing, was the obir ever really a problem to anyone? do you even see anyone ever use this gun in the game, who isnt some 3 weeks old bronze account that redeemed their perm weapon selector mail they got from finishing the tutorial?, heck you dont even see it at fight club for more than like once a month. Despite the damage it puts out, its not a very good gun and its too situational to be of any use majority of the time, they shouldnt be nerfing it, they should buff it instead.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, supermariobrothe said:

This got me thinking, why is this nerf even a thing, was the obir ever really a problem to anyone? do you even see anyone ever use this gun in the game, who isnt some 3 weeks old bronze account that redeemed their perm weapon selector mail they got from finishing the tutorial?, heck you dont even see it at fight club for more than like once a month. Despite the damage it puts out, its not a very good gun and its too situational to be of any use majority of the time, they shouldnt be nerfing it, they should buff it instead.

Wdym not a good gun. It's one of the best guns in the game. Especially if you quickswitch it.

You don't see it in fight club because baylan is a snipers dream and asylum is a shotgun fest. It doesn't have a place in fight club.

3 hours ago, supermariobrothe said:

You sure you know which gun we're talking about? Nothing you said describes it...

13 hours ago, GhosT said:

Wdym not a good gun. It's one of the best guns in the game. Especially if you quickswitch it.

You don't see it in fight club because baylan is a snipers dream and asylum is a shotgun fest. It doesn't have a place in fight club.

Well from my perspective, other than quick switching that they are going to patch, the handling is a bit cumbersome, it will not shoot if you click too fast after switching to it, you need to stand still to shoot it or you will loose accuracy if you walk while shooting it, and unless they are a complete newbie, they will run and hide to regen before you can fire the last burst, you are also defenseless if they get in close (unless you use some sweaty JMB secondary) and most objectives are within tight spaces where people run around with shotguns and SMGs. Its mostly good in waterfront where there's lots of open spaces and objectives that are in the open.

Like, i believe that it can be an effective weapon in the hands of a professional that has mastered it and his secondary weapon, but majority of people playing this game arent, so its not some wonder weapon that anyone can pick up and do good with. So its not the weapon thats good, its just you being good with it and assuming that everyone else are as good as you.

Also i think its strange not to see it in baylan because i had the most luck with it there because of all the open long range space, also it is in general a long range weapon dream, not just snipers, but surprisingly you dont see as many snipers and other long range weapons on that map, only like 1 or sometims 2 per side, and they all mostly hang out on that green roof lol, but the map is mostly dominated by ntecs.

Edited by supermariobrothe

lol they just nerfing shit that dont need to be touched nice man... they are nerfing the shaw also lmao man why are they nerfing everything lmao

not agreed .

team LO stop trying to damage the weapon .

I dislike the change, no way to defend in a close range situation very well since you can't switch. A bit clunky and taking the pace from gameplay, it's just a rifle and not a sniper. If they make this change Obir will certainly have better alternatives

• Like 1