MattScott

Fallen Earth servers going offline 10/2

Hi all,

This is a bit bittersweet for me.

Prior to September 22nd, we will be launching the first all new event in honor of the 10 year anniversary for Fallen Earth.

We hope that players will enjoy what we have planned, because this will now be their last chance to play the current game with their friends.

I'm sad to announce that effective 10/2 (or there about based on when the event goes live), we will be taking the Fallen Earth servers offline.

Unfortunately after weeks of monitoring things and getting players feedback, I have determined the current state of Fallen Earth just isn't sustainable in its current form.

You guys have been very tolerant, but the player experience is terrible right now. It's laggy and buggy. Servers crash quite often, and stacking is still disabled due to exploits. 

I don't blame the player base for the low concurrency numbers. You need a better game to play.

For clarity, I am still committed to the new version of the game that we have been working on.

However we are still very early into development, so there isn't a timeline I can provide yet.

I want to personally thank everyone for their support over the last 17 months. Fallen Earth is still one of my favorite projects.

I look forward to giving it the proper attention it deserves.

EDIT: We will be turning on Commander for everything till the servers are turned off.

Sincerely,

Matt 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

sorry to hear servers going down for awhile, but think in the long run having a grand re-opening fresh start on the new server code will be best for population. it's what i have expected as you want to attract new players to a great old game that still has appeal for a lot of people. but a hindrance that has been holding some back is old dupes and some questionable player pvp behavior which needs to be addressed too. 

look forward to coming event :)

• Like 1

Yeah time to uninstall, rather ironic the population was finally starting to pick back up a little since you finally got the servers running decent again. No point in wasting time here anymore especially not for an event right before shutdown. Anyways it's been fun and thanks for keeping it running for as long as you have, but i won't be back for the next version if it does actually happen. I know my computer won't run it anyways so might as well get out now and just uninstall. Wish you good luck on a revamp. I'm out would say see ya but i won't be seeing anyone in game again. Only those who know me on discord or other things will be those i talk to after this. Been fun! (sort of)

• Like 1

Sad Sad news. So sorry it couldn't be saved. Thanks for trying Matt and the team. Great game that has meant a lot over the years. Look forward to one last event. X

I'm not glad Fallen Earth is dead, but I am glad it will be shut down. 
Thank you for any time and effort you put into Fallen Earth however small or big. I put a lot of time into Fallen Earth as did many others, made many great friends but all good things must come to an end. Thank you to the friends and foes I met along the way.

Goodbye for now ❤️

• Like 4

Well legitimately surprised it lasted this long under G1 or LO. It was a fun game and hopefully I hear about it if it is relaunched, but this is how things go.

It's a sad day yes but the future of fallen earth will live on in its new release. So don't be too sad and yeah ill be miss the game as much as everyone here. Which is a lot. 

And in the future, I am pretty much sure everyone is going to be really happy to play an updated of fallen earth. 

It's the end of an era. I wasted a shit load of time in this game, made some good friends, and had a ton of fun.

At least we are going out with a bang.

Wonder where I am gonna get my drama and salt fix now?

Edited by Thanatosofone

well R.I.P FE been a long 10 years the best 10 years, heres to hoping LO relaunch goes better 

Edited by PacedSnM

Thank you for having a closing event. I want to thank everyone who has made my fallen earth Gaming time a great experience over the LAST 10.5 YEARS.  TAO clan will be spending last death in ST Sebatian's at the tower.

Edited by Mutarenebula
  • Like 1

Thanks Matt and LO for letting us all know.

Good luck with the revamp.

• Like 1

i feel sad that the lag situation was improved from a few weeks ago to now hearing this news. also sad those who barely started venturing into the game to only hear about this news.

will we get notified when servers are back up?

what about the unused g1c in our accounts? do they stay til after the revamp or will they expire?

giphy.gif

For all the Fallen Earth players, this one's for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DwightPfeiffer said:

Are we going to lose all of the Reward Points we have been saving up ?

I think they will do something for those who recently purchased anything in the re-release, but I doubt will get any info until like next year. I assume wont have a new Fallen Earth until late 2020 lol

9 minutes ago, Eliessar said:

I think they will do something for those who recently purchased anything in the re-release, but I doubt will get any info until like next year. I assume wont have a new Fallen Earth until late 2020 lol

Late 2020 is wishful thinking. I'll be surprised to hear any news of a re-release at any point within the next 2-3 years. If ever...

• Like 2

And just when Kaylee (proper way of spelling) Stanway have come to terms with who was here first.  I'm sure she was since she is an old fart.   SERIOUS though... this totally bites and I'm going to miss everyone that I've had the chance to know or just hang with.  9 years this month for riding this wave.  LO i wish you the best on getting FE back up and running with improved features.  When that time comes I'll be waiting and let me just put my request in now..... lets have a popcorn recipe?!  XD 

Must love to the ones that have endured my rants and still encouraged me to ride it out.  Just like Serenity.... all good things are taken away.  Wish you all a speedy flight to the next galaxy.  

I need a group hug (sobs)

• Like 1

i don't have hope for a new release it will be just a messed up and mismanaged rerun 

that everyone that spent years here will have to start over

i spent 8 years and hundreds of dollars just to loose all progress don't think its worth starting over

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rubbermade said:

i don't have hope for a new release it will be just a messed up and mismanaged rerun 

that everyone that spent years here will have to start over

i spent 8 years and hundreds of dollars just to loose all progress don't think its worth starting over

Pretty sure any progress made in-game now won't be lost when the revamp of the game comes out.

• Like 1

A very disappointing announcement even though everyone knew it was coming. Definitely want to see a remastered version, but my gut feeling is that it will not materialize any time soon. Just like the Road Warrior we were all feeding off the corpse of the old world.  The time is coming to move on. Like the old saying goes: All good things must come to an end. Thanks to everyone who made this game such a great experience. I hope to be there when the lights finally go out for the very last time.  Until that time rage on fellow Wastelanders!