Jump to content
Kestrain

Stop 255s from being on Missions

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

nope I'm not

No I mean, you are in for the rude awakening of finally fighting the players you should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait. I have an even better Idea.

 

Level up a character to 254 and then pledge to a different contact so you never hit 255. It is practically the same thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

No I mean, you are in for the rude awakening of finally fighting the players you should be.

impossible to be a rude awakening because I'm looking forward to that.

wont be fighting golds or bronzes ever again.

wont have to go easy on a mission to teach or get owned with 1 to 5 kills vs 20+ deaths.

 

With that said can you and the rest of SPCT hurry please so we can move onto getting this part done?

Not intending to be rude so don't take it that way  - its just that I really REALLY want this to hurry up and happen

its just this is what i want  more than most things right now - except maybe some clothes added from that request list the community made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JonSnowKing said:
  1. Gold = Gold server
  2. Silver = Silver server 
  3. Bronze = Bronze server
  4. Delete green rank

How am I supposed to play with my bronze friends?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has nothing to do with one being 255, there are many high/top tier players who have alts that are all low rank and they still play the same with the only downside being that they do not have access to high rank mods which wouldn't stop anyone from stomping lesser players (in most cases).

 

The problem lies within the skill ranking (threat) system and these things will be addressed after the Engine Upgrade with things like phasing and a rework of that very system. Until then all you can do is sit and wait. Either take on the hardships of playing against better opp or just don't play the game until it is fixed. It's one of the most major issues with the game and LO are fully aware of it and will get it fixed in time, we don't need more of these threads on the forums. We know that new players get destroyed and repulsed from the game (especially when they don't have a veteran to guide them), we know that lesser human beings dethreat to stomp lower skilled players in bronze districts and we are fully aware that the skill gaps in APB resemble the Great Canyon.

 

I have done/am doing everything in my power to help out as many new players as I can with my beginners guide and by whispering new players in-game, directing them to the bronze district and explaining what is what but that is as much as can be done at this state. The matchmaking matter is a broken record in the APB sphere already, about as much as cheaters and other things.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kestrain said:

It's getting really annoying getting back into this game after 3 years, going into Silver districts, and losing EVERY GAME to Gold tryharding 255s. 


this has to stop, Remove the Treat System, Put 255s in their own little World and keep them the fuck out of Silver Districts. 


"Oh but Kes, why don't you just 'git gud?' "I hear some of you furiously typing at me. 



it's hard to "git gud" When the weapons you have aren't shit, They take more damage than possible, and they have way more skill than you could even compete with. 


255s need to get fucked off and locked to their own District, or be forced to sit out on missions/Kept out of missions. 

I watched a Gold Detreat, go into WF Bronze the other day, and trash a few new players. 

 

It's a harsh reality get used to it and rank doesn't reflect on anything it's your skill that does, You could be the highest rank and still struggle so rank isn't everything, And as for weapons it's not the gun that makes the person it's how you use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JonSnowKing said:

I suggest adding a K\D system so that players can play on equal terms

#SystemKD

Again not a good idea, especially since there are still so many players who dethreat in this game. 

 

By playing this game for a long time i noticed three things. Even if you are a good player, it really depends a lot on how good your and the enemy teams are + on the spot where the objective is. It's up to you and your whole team to cooperate and adjust to the situation. Sure one good player can do a lot by himself, but he can't do everything...teamwork is always the key to success!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ohshii said:

Settle for playing against weaker skilled opponents and you will never improve. Play against people better than you and make an actual effort to improve and you will literally improve over time by default. Don't blame the better players for putting in more work than you or learning the mechanics faster. You will literally default your way to gold if you stop raging and giving up every time a gold beats you up. Also it's pretty common to see silvers immediately giving up the moment they see they're vsing a gold player. Stop selling yourself short. You're better than that. I sound like a fucking life coach right now, wtf. You can do it lol. If you dont believe in yourself, believe in someone who believes in you lol. 

 

Nothing is more heartbreaking in APB than seeing a 255 bronze player.

 

 

i like to play against Golds when I play in the Silver (high threat) district as it gives me satisfaction when I beat them. I dont like to play against golds when I am plying at my own level (Bronze low level district) as they should not be there. If I were a gold ranked player, I would not go in bronze district as I would be outplaying the people there. I dont go in green districts. According to the logic of people here, as I supposedly want to shit on people that are not as good as me, which I can assure you is not the case, I would prefer to go play green. If I really wanted to be the best I can be, I would join gold districts surly. As I am a casual player mostly, I prefer to play people at my own level, hence I join bronze.

 

I really dont know why I just typed that. The argument from people who are golds right now is that they are so self righteous that we lesser mortals dont have a valid reason for playing bronze or even for playing against them as they are SOOOOOO FUCKING GOOOD!! Yet you say you have no one to play in your own gold district so you play silver which is your get out clause. This is the purest form of contradiction and bullshoot you mongs. I play bronze because I am not good enough to play GOLD! understand that - I dont tend to play SILVER because I am not GOLD! You play SILVER because you think there is no one to play GOLD with but if every GOLD played where they are supposed to play, the GOLD district would constantly be full and you can play together buy NO you have to play Silver because you say your district is empty. Its empty because you dont have the balls to play against your own level of players! Yet you say people like me are killing APB because I wont play silver district all the time! Its because you are all there exploiting the silvers and bronzes! If you cant see that then you are obviously in denial.

 

People who are also saying people like me who are low mid level silvers will get some sort of shock when phasing comes in are full of bull shit. Why would you think if the matchmaking system is going to be fixed that suddenly Golds with high rank will be playing silvers with mid rank? Lol do you understand logic and maths? If I were ranked at gold level say 8 and you are ranked silver rank 2, there is very little chance I will be pitted against you! Also phasing will also depend on ping and other factors so for me to be playing against someone from the west coast of the USA or even from the east coast of russia is very unlikely. People saying yea I cant wait to see seedy in district when phasing comes in bla de fuckin bla are more stupid that the forums spell checker is giving you credit for. You surely dont understand phasing at all or maybe you do and I am missing something! Which tbh I find very unlikely.

Edited by Seedy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing will work as long as the population is so low. Even if you will have a brand new matchmaking if there will be no adequate people to match against you, you will be matched against those "r255 tryhards" as you call them.

On 8/17/2019 at 10:16 AM, Kestrain said:

it's hard to "git gud" When the weapons you have aren't shit, They take more damage than possible, and they have way more skill than you could even compete with. 

You do realize that you can just go to a bronze district if you are struggling vs golds but if you will keep settling for less you will never improve ? Just watching how top golds are playing will make you better. Also you can beat veterans with your most basic weapons no problem, even without any mods. The first pistol FBW can destroy the best players if you know how to use it.

Edited by Thial

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 4:16 AM, Kestrain said:

it's hard to "git gud" When the weapons you have aren't shit, They take more damage than possible, and they have way more skill than you could even compete with. 

We all started this way. Get destroyed, learn from mistakes, repeat. The "tryhards" you're up against are good because they've been stomped on so many times. Also most of the time, the top players go back to beginning weapons anyway. Obeya FBW? N-TEC? JG? Carbine? STAR even? All get used and abused by the higher ups. You get tired of hearing "get gud" but believe it or not, it's very true in this case. There is no easy, miraculous way of getting good than by putting in lots of time dedicated to playing to learn from experiences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 2:16 AM, Kestrain said:
  1. it's hard to "git gud" When the weapons you have aren't shit...
  2. They take more damage than possible,
  3. and they have way more skill than you could even compete with. 
  1. I'm going to presume you were clearly frustrated, but I think you meant, "when the weapons you have ARE shit". The N-TEC/PMG/OCA/HVR/Carbine are super cheap and can be obtained 30 minutes into the game. This game is easy to get mad at and a part of that is cause the skill ceiling is so high.
  2. No, they don't.
  3. Again, skill ceiling is so high it has a fking overhang. I hate to say it, but we didn't get there by crying on the forum. 🙂and i'm not even that good 😮

 

On 8/17/2019 at 2:16 AM, Kestrain said:

255s need to get fucked off and locked to their own District, or be forced to sit out on missions/Kept out of missions.

We should be adding incentives for people to WANT high ranks and strive for greatness, it's why dethreating is so bad. In my opinion, there's nothing to aspire to in this game. No stats, no seasonal rewards, etc. Crap tier players should be pitied and the great ones idolized, but as of right now the greatest players don't get any in-game recognition at all. Pretty bs considering how competitive this game is...

 

On 8/17/2019 at 2:16 AM, Kestrain said:

I watched a Gold Detreat, go into WF Bronze the other day, and trash a few new players.

Dethreaters have nothing to do with what you're talking about. People like that won't let a 255 segregation district mechanic stop them...

The game needs a bigger matchmaking pool, threat level milestones that don't allow you to drop below in a current season, and actual f**king rewards for doing good and getting far on the ladder.

Edited by Evagelyne
Typos and formatting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Seedy said:

i like to play against Golds when I play in the Silver (high threat) district as it gives me satisfaction when I beat them. I dont like to play against golds when I am plying at my own level (Bronze low level district) as they should not be there. If I were a gold ranked player, I would not go in bronze district as I would be outplaying the people there. I dont go in green districts. According to the logic of people here, as I supposedly want to shit on people that are not as good as me, which I can assure you is not the case, I would prefer to go play green. If I really wanted to be the best I can be, I would join gold districts surly. As I am a casual player mostly, I prefer to play people at my own level, hence I join bronze.

 

I really dont know why I just typed that. The argument from people who are golds right now is that they are so self righteous that we lesser mortals dont have a valid reason for playing bronze or even for playing against them as they are SOOOOOO FUCKING GOOOD!! Yet you say you have no one to play in your own gold district so you play silver which is your get out clause. This is the purest form of contradiction and bullshoot you mongs. I play bronze because I am not good enough to play GOLD! understand that - I dont tend to play SILVER because I am not GOLD! You play SILVER because you think there is no one to play GOLD with but if every GOLD played where they are supposed to play, the GOLD district would constantly be full and you can play together buy NO you have to play Silver because you say your district is empty. Its empty because you dont have the balls to play against your own level of players! Yet you say people like me are killing APB because I wont play silver district all the time! Its because you are all there exploiting the silvers and bronzes! If you cant see that then you are obviously in denial.

 

People who are also saying people like me who are low mid level silvers will get some sort of shock when phasing comes in are full of bull shit. Why would you think if the matchmaking system is going to be fixed that suddenly Golds with high rank will be playing silvers with mid rank? Lol do you understand logic and maths? If I were ranked at gold level say 8 and you are ranked silver rank 2, there is very little chance I will be pitted against you! Also phasing will also depend on ping and other factors so for me to be playing against someone from the west coast of the USA or even from the east coast of russia is very unlikely. People saying yea I cant wait to see seedy in district when phasing comes in bla de fuckin bla are more stupid that the forums spell checker is giving you credit for. You surely dont understand phasing at all or maybe you do and I am missing something! Which tbh I find very unlikely.

 

 

There's a lot of "you's" in your post, but I'm going to blindly assume you're talking in general and not directly at me lol. I've never been silver in APB nor have I ever opted to play in a silver district when there were gold districts available. The reason why no one uses gold districts is NOT because Golds are hiding in silver districts, it's because there's too many threat levels and too many district options for a population this SMALL. Population size is the only real reason why gold districts aren't used. And it became the standard for so many years, it's just the way it is now. The fact that the old G1 days of APB had multiple threat reorgs but all yielded the same results is proof; when only a small percentage of the game is gold and the majority are silver, with a population this small, by literal default gold players will log in on off-peak hours or non-primetime hours and have no one in the gold districts. We were literally forced to play in silver districts or not play at all. At least that's how it was on Colby through basically all of CBT/OBT/Steam release. When I came to Joker in 2012 it was already the same situation. I can't speak on EU servers because I only played there on NA off-peak hours aka when the EU servers were all full up.

 

With that being said, if you feel like you belong in a bronze district because you are that caliber of player, then so be it. No one is forcing anyone to do anything in this game. If that's where your comfort level is, then by all means man, play there. Just don't complain when a gold player stomps you up in a silver district or anything else. It's like it's okay to do what you want to do, but if someone plays the game in a way you don't like, you're entitled to cuss them out. That's unfortunate, but that's definitely the tone I received from you in your post. And for what it's worth, I'm sorry I got you riled up apparently, however, I understand your frustrations even though I generally disagree with just about everything you said.

 

I don't make the game I just play with the cards I was dealt. I've met a lot of silver players who became gold and stayed gold throughout my 20k+ hours in this game and they all will tell you the exact same reason as to why they are gold; they kept trying to get better until they got better. Some found friends and worked as a team to get good, others did it on their own. Regardless, they will all tell you it wasn't easy and it felt pretty good when they became perm gold. So I mean, I guess we can agree to disagree or something. Regardless though, good luck and have a great day sir.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

With that said can you and the rest of SPCT hurry please so we can move onto getting this part done?

Not intending to be rude so don't take it that way  - its just that I really REALLY want this to hurry up and happen

That's more of a dev question. They are the ones putting in the hard work. We just confirm that stuff is working for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That's more of a dev question. They are the ones putting in the hard work. We just confirm that stuff is working for them.

nuuuu it has to be you because you're special lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:53 AM, Aeronaut said:

what happens once you reach 255 tho?

+50% HP +50% damage. Title: newbies despise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

look, i sort of get the frustration, but this won't really solve the issue

 

There are already huge discrepancies within even the gold threat. With some obviously not belonging there and others over-performing.

really trying to be nice here, welcome back i guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

free tears like this are the reason i'll never play any district besides bronze, the legits don't cry enough when you grief them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/17/2019 at 5:08 PM, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

It does currently work that way. Just too many varying threat levels on the same district. You have the range going from Bronze 1 to Gold 5. Matchmaking was designed for Bronze 1 - 10. 

On 8/17/2019 at 6:30 PM, Fortune Runner said:

chicken parmesan please

 

pretty much this.

it has to take into account who is available and with phasing it should take in everybody in all similar districts available for a more fair matchmaking

hopefully that phasing can also link us across the pond to those who have good enough connection as well for a even larger matchmaking pool.

 

Even when we had a population you were constantly finding one sided matches of max rank golds vs some low rank silvers, bronzies or even a trainee. Cant say its due to a low pop when its been doing it since forever. Threat segregation isnt an option as that only brought on more problems when it was around in 2014 and those still persist today without it. Its mainly due to the fact that threat is extremely inaccurate and its so easy a caveman can get gold threat. Gold should only be the top tier players not 50%+ of the playerbase.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golds are 50% of the playerbase? Since when??

 

More like 20-25% if that. All I ever see is Silvers and the same 2-3 all gold premade teams with the occasional solo gold player here and there that teeters between gold and silver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Even when we had a population you were constantly finding one sided matches of max rank golds vs some low rank silvers, bronzies or even a trainee. Cant say its due to a low pop when its been doing it since forever. Threat segregation isnt an option as that only brought on more problems when it was around in 2014 and those still persist today without it. Its mainly due to the fact that threat is extremely inaccurate and its so easy a caveman can get gold threat. Gold should only be the top tier players not 50%+ of the playerbase.

80 players is a low population pool for matchmaking to choose from, without phasing that population pool will never change no matter how many active players there are in total

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

 

Even when we had a population you were constantly finding one sided matches of max rank golds vs some low rank silvers, bronzies or even a trainee. Cant say its due to a low pop when its been doing it since forever. Threat segregation isnt an option as that only brought on more problems when it was around in 2014 and those still persist today without it. Its mainly due to the fact that threat is extremely inaccurate and its so easy a caveman can get gold threat. Gold should only be the top tier players not 50%+ of the playerbase.

Darkzero3802 the phasing does not match you against just one district.

It matches you against all instances of that district.

You are trying to talk about what you do know about today saying that tomorrow is the same when phasing is different than what currently is done.

Little Orbit themselves have said on multiple occasions they are going to rework phasing , matchmaking , and the threat system to fix many problems it gives us.

Why you repeatedly choose to ignore that is beyond me.

 

Edited by Fortune Runner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Solamente said:

80 players is a low population pool for matchmaking to choose from, without phasing that population pool will never change no matter how many active players there are in total

 

Uh, back in 2013,14, 15 we had 100 players to pull from and this same thing happened.

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Darkzero3802 the phasing does not match you against just one district.

It matches you against all instances of that district.

You are trying to talk about what you do know about today saying that tomorrow is the same when phasing is different than what currently is done.

Little Orbit themselves have said on multiple occasions they are going to rework phasing , matchmaking , and the threat system to fix many problems it gives us.

Why you repeatedly choose to ignore that is beyond me.

 

Yea, tomorrows guna be the same as today as will the next day so long as the current system stays. I dont see any firm date as to a new matchmaking nor have they released any detailed info as to what exactly will be done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Uh, back in 2013,14, 15 we had 100 players to pull from and this same thing happened.

yes and having 10 more players per faction wasn't enough to alleviate the matchmaking issue, what's your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Yea, tomorrows guna be the same as today as will the next day so long as the current system stays. I dont see any firm date as to a new matchmaking nor have they released any detailed info as to what exactly will be done.

and its not.

why are you saying otherwise is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...