1 minute ago, TheJellyGoo said:

It's probably about the time when the Headless Horseman event was premiering and people removed the fog to snipe people in the distance.

That is still cheating... you give your self and advantage over others which you are not supposed to have.

7 minutes ago, Jumanna said:

That is still cheating... you give your self and advantage over others which you are not supposed to have.

Oh he knows.

7 minutes ago, Jumanna said:

Didn't say otherwise.

36 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

It's probably about the time when the Headless Horseman event was premiering and people removed the fog to snipe people in the distance.

Did people really did that? Wow... That also explains a lot about what is going in contaiment zone in RIOT. I barely can see shit and i'm sniped from afar still in zone...

Edited by Mitne

Next thing would be:

1.Jump kicking the doors gives u an advantage over the other players who doesnt do that or doesnt know how to do that. 

2. Putting shields or giftboxes on drop off points or ladders are considered to be " unfair sportsmanship"  if it is the last 1 second of the drop off mission.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Ahh... Ive not seen configs advertised for that one.

But yeah, that is absolutely cheating.

I've been told that my config was uploaded to a few cheat sites, I'm pretty sure they just have them there as an archive.

game is free and also there is no perfect anti-cheat..that's all

20 minutes ago, Frosi said:

I've been told that my config was uploaded to a few cheat sites, I'm pretty sure they just have them there as an archive.

Ahh, yeah that would make sense. 

I can't tell you the number of times I've had to clear up what "no fog" means. 

1 hour ago, Jumanna said:

removing the distance fog has nothing to do with seeing  the distance of ops.

the distance fog is farther than that and only impacts computer performance for aesthetics ( how it looks to the eye)

if you are referring to the distance fog , then i do not know of  Little Orbit saying its cheating since you see people the same regardless.

if they did say so I'd like to know.

if you are referring to the Halloween event then yes that definitely was because it allowed people to be unfairly seen when they could not be otherwise.

In my case I do not touch any files regardless.

sounds like OP stepped into EU's Asylum culture

11 minutes ago, Faceless said:

What next, removing/reducing muzzle flash? 

Just so everyone knows, Matt has stated that removing muzzle flash is not allowed. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Defibrillator said:

Next thing would be:

1.Jump kicking the doors gives u an advantage over the other players who doesnt do that or doesnt know how to do that. 

2. Putting shields or giftboxes on drop off points or ladders are considered to be " unfair sportsmanship"  if it is the last 1 second of the drop off mission.

If it's within the game and anyone can have access to it then it should be fair.

Like premium weapons, although they give an advantage, it is a part of the game and anyone can buy them.

But going into your config and changing things which can't be done in-game? Idk.

11 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Just so everyone knows, Matt has stated that removing muzzle flash is not allowed. 

..What about vehicle explosion? Smoke from 'nades?

14 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Just so everyone knows, Matt has stated that removing muzzle flash is not allowed

nope everything is allowed until engine upgrade at least config wise

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ForeverCrooked said:

I think to remove muzzle flash has to do more than editing a config file, I may be wrong though.

16 minutes ago, ForeverCrooked said:

13 minutes ago, Faceless said:

I think to remove muzzle flash has to do more than editing a config file, I may be wrong though.

Granted this is not an official statement. And I also have no insight on how LO is actually handling things, but here is the answer to some of the file editing questions, directly from Matt.

oqNzPIk.png

• Thanks 1

does this mean changing my sight picture from left to right gives me an advantage?

😮

Damn, so much talk about these cheaters and I have yet see a single video proof

Edited by nikitos5

26 minutes ago, nikitos5 said:

lots of video proof has been posted, it gets removed under rule of "name and shame", regardless how blatant a speedhacker or botter you meet and record=)

5 hours ago, nikitos5 said:

If you play silver district on Citadel, I can't believe you haven't seen a cheater in person. 

However if like me you play on Jericho, there are far fewer so maybe you've been lucky enough not to encounter one. 

As for video, as Tigrix said you cannot post those video or even links to them on the forum. 

If someone claims to have video you CAN ask them to DM the links though, so next time you can try that. 

This now makes 8 threads in 3 days about hacking.

Am I just delusional, or do people really think that there's this much hacking? I'm so confused.

45 minutes ago, UnawarePolarBear said:

Am I just delusional, or do people really think that there's this much hacking? I'm so confused.

The other posts that you are referring to, are claims that they had witnessed many cheaters in game.

You would have to read the OP's post to understand that he had stumbled upon information (forums I guess)

where they were openly discussing the APB cheats they used and their experiences.

Some of the information that these groups were sharing were video montages of hunting down players

to demonstrate the effectiveness of their cheats.

The OP had not claimed that he saw any cheaters in game.

Edited by Westford

4 hours ago, UnawarePolarBear said:

And they will keep upvoting each other creating the delusion that they are correct and in the majority!

So, yes someone is delusional but it's not you.

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

my favorite part is "trigachi fucking kek"

coders are funny sometimes

its important to mention that at no point does the coder claim you wont be caught and banned

and of course when you do, its not like they will give a shit anyways

What coders? He's literally underage script kiddie that can't go past the copypaste monkey phase lol. That code is old.

He even has a video on youtube using voicechanger, pretending to be a girl. Hentai and School folders on the desktop too, also saw faceit icon too. What a great meme 😂

edit: Oh, and uses winrar, guess the l337 h4x0r hasn't heard of 7zip or other opensource alternatives.  I'm dying lol

Edited by Sayori