Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Awesum

My Ideal Riot Mode

Recommended Posts

This mode is very eh.

The mode feels like it tried to make a unique BR mode. I think that's the problem. You guys should have just have just been trying to make a new game mode.

 

I think this game has two different types of players.

Those who enjoy small missions and smaller teams and those who enjoy big teams and chaos.

 

I think Riot should have been a mode for those who enjoy fight club/anarchy/chaos modes but want to level their character still.

 

This game doesn't have many players so having many small teams and a lot of objectives on the entire map just thins the players out. The map feels empty and desolate. You hear shots/battles every now and then.

Its a pretty quite riot lol.

 

My Ideal game-mode:

Honestly it should be basically a moving fight club. Cops vs Crims but a single objective around the map. You can still use the different mechanics you developed like the gas, weapon drops, consumables, etc.

so instead of the regular district which is small teams roaming the map completing objectives. Riot District is the whole district completing a single objective like fight club. 

The map you created is perfect with all the barriers and cars.

 

So basically it will play out like this:

Domination in central park. zones all over the park, its complete war-zone in the park to hold the zones, gas is all around the district except central park area. Game over. A new riot appears

Cops must secure a bomb from going off in the mall. Cops vs Crims on one Objective. Complete war-zone in the mall and surrounding area. Set amount of lives. Game over. A new Riot Appears

You get the idea.

Even add after the game mode is over you re spawn in safe non kill zones, and then whole district is a chaos district until a new riot appears.

 

It sounds so fun just thinking about this on the map you currently have. 😍😮

 

So in Summary:

Riot Mode SHOULD NOT BE AN APB STYLE BATTLE ROYAL.

It should be a new APB game mode for the other type of APB Players. The players who want to play large scale Cops vs Crims and rank their characters up

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea I agree about the quite riot bit.. A riot is a shit load of people causing.. well a riot. this is more soft adventure. Im going to play more tonight. In not 'not' enjoying playing the mode. Im just not sure if I am enjoying it yet.

22 minutes ago, Awesum said:

 

 

So basically it will play out like this:

Domination in central park. zones all over the park, its complete war-zone in the park to hold the zones, gas is all around the district except central park area. Game over. A new riot appears

Cops must secure a bomb from going off in the mall. Cops vs Crims on one Objective. Complete war-zone in the mall and surrounding area. Set amount of lives. Game over. A new Riot Appears

You get the idea.

Even add after the game mode is over you re spawn in safe non kill zones, and then whole district is a chaos district until a new riot appears.

 

It sounds so fun just thinking about this on the map you currently have. 😍😮

I like the rinse and repeat idea. I think it would get players playing in teams pretty quickly and would encourage allot more teamwork. The good thing about the rinse and repeat aspect is obvious. Continuous challenges in new locations is definitely fun and challenging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally think, we don't have a large enough player base to be splitting people in different districts.. It would be better if riot just happens in the action district once in a while, and than ends as fast it happened. Flag everyone to riot, full district fight, riot ends in 10 minutes, back to small man missions.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really thought when they first said "RIOT" that it would be the civilians of San Paro finally sick of our shit and rioting against us in some PvE but not mode cause you all hate the idea of PvE in APB.

 

Also I'd like to see what APB would be like with not only unlimited lives + huge mission timers. But zero spawn times and maybe even no respawn points, you just pop back up in a random place.

 

But yeah OP's idea is cool  too, I'd ove to put in more input on RIOT mode if anyone were playing it

Edited by KnifuWaifu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something we all agree is that the mode is Very boring. Like the Op said It doesn't feel like a RIOT, it's quiet and slow paced

Edited by Syzus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So let me get this straight you guys are upset this isn't a riot but a BR mode?

 

Personally I thought the gamemode itself was fun the props, concept and design is very out of place

This is however stuff that we could see change with feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give me this: 

 

Would be way more fun that this shit. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bentobox said:

I personally think, we don't have a large enough player base to be splitting people in different districts.. It would be better if riot just happens in the action district once in a while, and than ends as fast it happened. Flag everyone to riot, full district fight, riot ends in 10 minutes, back to small man missions.

Everybody says this and with that attitude we never will. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Havana said:

Everybody says this and with that attitude we never will. 

 

It's not a feeling it is a fact as of right now, there is a low pop. Splitting the low pop is not the way to go to increase player base.

Look at other MMO's that when they had this issue the idea was usually.. what server merge ? then when the pop got lower what was the solution ? Aion for example revamped the zones and limited areas of play, to give the illusion of populated servers. 

You can achieve a fresh coat of paint to APB, by tweaking the current mechanics. The wep drop was a huge breath of fresh air even if it was not intended, and honestly gave a stale game a little bit of life.

5 hours ago, Nickolai said:

Give me this: 

 

Would be way more fun that this shit. 

 

 

Yea, that would be dope! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bentobox said:

I personally think, we don't have a large enough player base to be splitting people in different districts.. It would be better if riot just happens in the action district once in a while, and than ends as fast it happened. Flag everyone to riot, full district fight, riot ends in 10 minutes, back to small man missions.

Only reason I said have different districts is because I know a lot of people like Kempington don't like large scale games like fight club. They hate the idea of rockets and snipping every where and there being no organization.

Riot should be for the players who really enjoy fight club and large scale game modes.

 

Also now a days there's at least one full fight club server and a mission district people can play. So I think most fight club players would play this new riot mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Awesum said:

Only reason I said have different districts is because I know a lot of people like Kempington don't like large scale games like fight club. They hate the idea of rockets and snipping every where and there being no organization.

Riot should be for the players who really enjoy fight club and large scale game modes.

 

Also now a days there's at least one full fight club server and a mission district people can play. So I think most fight club players would play this new riot mode.

I get it, but as of late game district are not filling up fight club is only a weekend thing. 

If there is a rotation in game modes, everyone wins. I personally would even add fight club missions to the action district, to make it more reactive. Some new missions would bring some much needed life to the stale game it is. Which I think was the idea behind riot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue with riot imo is the fact that it attempts to force a new mode into a map not designed with said mode in mind. The components of riot are fine for the most part, it's just that financial was not designed with something like riot in consideration. As OP said, "the map feels empty and desolate"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Awesum said:

So in Summary:

Riot Mode SHOULD NOT BE AN APB STYLE BATTLE ROYAL.

It should be a new APB game mode for the other type of APB Players. The players who want to play large scale Cops vs Crims and rank their characters up

 

Is APB BR not a new game mode for the other types of players? The players that want a BR?

BR in APB is already a new game mode.

 

Are players who want large scale cops vs crims the only "other" type of APB players? What about the people who want pve content?

There are a number of "types" of APB players.


Anarchy: District wide free for all.

Fight club: 16v16 or 20v20.

 

It seems like we already had/have what your definition of "other" apb players want.

This doesnt seem like a well thought out idea.

 

It just sounds like you want a domination game mode in financial.

We already have a domination mode in asylum.

Even baylan in the past has had it.

 

What about any of this is "new" or "ideal"?

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, Nickolai said:

Give me this: 

 

Would be way more fun that this shit. 

 

 

 

Omg this. I forgot the Community's want for a Racing District. 

 

1 hour ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

What about the people who want pve content?

 

 

I would like PvE content...

Edited by KnifuWaifu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Awesum said:

Only reason I said have different districts is because I know a lot of people like Kempington don't like large scale games like fight club. They hate the idea of rockets and snipping every where and there being no organization.

Riot should be for the players who really enjoy fight club and large scale game modes.

 

Also now a days there's at least one full fight club server and a mission district people can play. So I think most fight club players would play this new riot mode.

riot is nothing like fight club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a completely classic BR would be the best. Shrinking circle and all that. Simple and effective. New players don't have to learn anything new. LO, you want to get new players in , don't you?

It's been proven over and over how addictive and successful that game mode is. Why try to reinvent the wheel when there is something that you know works extremely well? Millions of people play classic BR every day, for a reason.

 

This "we don't want to make a classic BR" is silly. Like, who are they trying to impress with that? They should put their pride to the side.

Don't let one guy's stubborn ideas get in the way because that's how businesses fail.

I feel there's too many Yes-men around whoever is coming up with the ideas.

 

It's like they decided to sort of "sell out" to the BR idea to attract new players, but they want to pretend that they didn't fully give in to it.

Like, if they're gonna do it, then do it! And do it the way it's been proven to work.
They said it NEEDS to be a hit. Well, do it they way it's been a hit then and stop jerking off to your own ideas. Sorry for the language.

If it NEEDS to be a hit then why are they coming up with something new that they don't know if it will work!? How smart is that? Do what you KNOW works if it HAS TO work.

 

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 9:22 AM, bentobox said:

I personally think, we don't have a large enough player base to be splitting people in different districts.. It would be better if riot just happens in the action district once in a while, and than ends as fast it happened. Flag everyone to riot, full district fight, riot ends in 10 minutes, back to small man missions.

i was thinking the same thing.. BUT whats the point. It will never be implemented simply because we got something no one asked for so even if we do ask for something, it will never be delivered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 11:26 AM, Glaciers said:

riot is nothing like fight club

Thanks for stating the obvious 🤨. I was saying that riot should be more like a fight club/anarachy/chaos mode.

 

Merged.

 

On 6/15/2019 at 5:30 AM, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

 

Is APB BR not a new game mode for the other types of players? The players that want a BR?

BR in APB is already a new game mode.

 

Are players who want large scale cops vs crims the only "other" type of APB players? What about the people who want pve content?

There are a number of "types" of APB players.


Anarchy: District wide free for all.

Fight club: 16v16 or 20v20.

 

It seems like we already had/have what your definition of "other" apb players want.

This doesnt seem like a well thought out idea.

 

It just sounds like you want a domination game mode in financial.

We already have a domination mode in asylum.

Even baylan in the past has had it.

 

What about any of this is "new" or "ideal"?

Hey you're right. My OP is just an opinion. I said "My Ideal" riot mode not the Ideal mode for everyone lol.

 

I had a lot of fun with the Autumn event and how it just sent players to different areas of the map and it was just chaos all around. Only problem was there was no real cover.

I was just saying they should use that feature of bringing small event areas to other places on the map with different game modes. I felt it would be perfect with this new map.

 

And no I don't just want domination on financial. I want a rotation of game modes on different areas of the map and the whole server competes against each other like "fight club"

It would be a be a new idea because those who enjoy fight club and constant action of it can't rank their character. So giving players who enjoy large scale games a chance to progress their character seems like a nice idea 🤷‍♂️. Again just my opinion.

 

Also I didn't realize many people wanted an "APB BR" of course it was a guess on my part. 

 

Regardless thanks for your input on my opinion 😀

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen to this man for he is telling the truth.

Boring royale is boring.

Edited by Gro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 9:02 PM, KnifuWaifu said:

 

I would like PvE content...

 

PvE content would be a good idea, with new story line that somehow relates to apb crim/cop story. They should make all the contacts in Criminals and Enforcers in story telling and get them more involve rather than just being posted icons. They should make missions and encounters grouped up with PvE contacts. I am sure players would like to group up with DevilDog in doing some missions together.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 3:11 PM, MidnightQ said:

 

PvE content would be a good idea, with new story line that somehow relates to apb crim/cop story. They should make all the contacts in Criminals and Enforcers in story telling and get them more involve rather than just being posted icons. They should make missions and encounters grouped up with PvE contacts. I am sure players would like to group up with DevilDog in doing some missions together.

Yes. 

 

I mean the lack of action in RIOT should suggest that both Enfs and Crims need a way to progress in APB without the need for other players. Missions, FC, and now RIOT, all need other players, sure Crims will always have RamRaiding (I have an idea to give Enfs a version of that too) but for Enforcers this game can really suck when you're stuck in an off peak timezone. I have ideas but most are probably too late - I'd like to see a rework of RIOT even though it won't happen, current RIOT mode might get triggers but the sake of anything than it not actually being much of a RIOT and more of a (now that I've played it) run around find a PDA then activate a bomb, then die 2-3 times inside a seemingly endless Contamination Zone. 

 

So to stay on Topic here's my ideal RIOT Mode:

It's PvE but also PvP but not quite - remember those Starcraft and Warcraft custom maps? The Tower Defence/Defend the Ancient ones but they were still versus? It's like that with a mix of Man vs Machine from TF2 (remember how they worked two opposing factions finding a common ground to work together in that? Seems nice but for the sake of keeping our undead confectioneries happy we'll skip the working together part) 

 

Basically there is a RIOT, San Paro has had enough of our shit and it going nuts to fight both the Enfs and Crims but why and where did they get all these resources? Red Hill IOT of course - they're the sneaky buggers who instigated the RIOT and supply the civies with all their gear because what better way to clean up Sanny P than to use an endless pool of civilans willing to die for peace. Or maybe it's mind control? Who knows? Anyway both factions are forced to fall back to our compounds (bring back the Asylum map version for Enforcers? But like shrink it, and give a copy to Crims (back make it all Crim-like) or make a custom map or just use the Financial RIOT map but more giant red/grey blocks to make things into neat lanes and stop Crims and Enforcers from reaching each other) And the Rioting Civilians are at our doors and we have to protect our Contact/Leader, [Insert Faction Contact Here]. 

 

The PvE is basically each Faction in a defensive position having to defend against waves of Civilian Bots, maybe vehicles too? Each wave gets progressively harder as Red Hill IOT supplies the Civs with stronger and stronger gear. Also each wave or milestone wave (5, 10, etc) has an RedHillIOT Instigator/Officer that we got to take out for extra brownie points or maybe the dude is calling in airstrikes of gas or something idk. 

 

Anyway that's the basic premise. 

 

Now the PvP part is like those Custom Maps - In those you earned money and could spend it on sending bigger and better units down the other player's lane to make their day a little more shitty - so in RIOT each Faction gets cash/rewards/brownies from every wave or maybe they have to go collect it from the dead or each Instigator has a bounty? And each has their own RedHillOT contact they can "bribe" or maybe just using the [Insert Faction Contact Here] and they get on the phone and call their RedHillIOT contact because San Paro is just a huge mix of everyone dicking over someone else anyway so who cares about the Lore, sooo somehow each Faction earns points/cash and they can spend it on making the other Faction's day a little more miserable by prematurely gearing up the Civilian RIOT or sending more Instigators or Elite Units, just stuff. 

 

Aaaand the winners are the Faction whose [Insert Faction Contact Here] survives the longest.

 

However the true PvE part of this goes that this mode does not need a set amount of players to start or the versus portion doesn't enable until there is enough playing on each side but the PvE part goes on no matter how many are there. So if there isn't enough players to start versus, it just becomes you vs the Civilian RIOT and the Victory condition is just how long you can Survive, like Survival Mode in L4D. This to me also has an anti-exploit in it that 1 person can't farm the mode endlessly because they'll so be overrun, so it's nicer in teams, but not completely dependant on other assholes being online like basically every other facet of APB currently is. 

 

Anyway that's my ideal RIOT mode. 

 

Oooh pretty assets to go with this awesomely awesome PvE mode.

 

 

EDIT - I throw this link up when I want bots too, and yes I get that BOTS ARE HARD to make, and adding them into an Action District is a huge ask but for the short term I think something akin to the TF2 Training Tutorial can be made. At least as far as creating an area for new players to do stuff in, this could also be used for testing new weapons, just have them scattered about with Weapon Drop rules (so there's no messing with ARMAs or Email and hence no chance of these guns getting into Action Districts). And players can have at it for as long as they want and new players can complete some basic actions to get a feel of the game before entering the rest of the game.

 

The bots can just be current gen civilians, or even custom models we have lying around - Bunnies/Chickens from events or the Dealers from Drug Mule. They just need to stand still at certain ranges and even walk from side to side. 

 

Bonus points if beyond the shooting range there is an obstacle course with objective markers and maybe even items and vehicles, again with objectives for new players to complete. Ideally this expanded area would have an objective and short tutorial for each Mission/Objective type that runs in the Action Districts. 

 

How all this fits into the existing "Tutorial" I don't know, whether newbies can grind out their T stuff here and not in ADs is up to LO, personally I think they should have to do both Tutorial Land is just a safe space to get used to the mechanics and nuances of the game before being unleashed into the Action Districts where they can try out their new skills on the existing Tutorial achievements, but maybe the rewards need to be adjusted so they're not at square-one when they enter ADs, or heck just a splash screen at the end of the Tutorial Land explaining they've got to use the T to gain new stuff, idk, that's nuts and bolts that people smarter than I need to figure out. 

 

I just think a safe space is needed outside ADs for new players to learn and old players to try out weapons. Devs could even use it to gain those statistics they always want from the Testing Districts that never seem to get played in (at least in NA).

 

Even even more bonus points if you let us somehow grind out Contact Progression in this zone. ❤️ (or just let us choose any Contact in any District so we're all not stuck forever not progressing on those pesky WF contacts.)

 

 

 

Edited by KnifuWaifu
add this plz
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Yes. 

 

I mean the lack of action in RIOT should suggest that both Enfs and Crims need a way to progress in APB without the need for other players. Missions, FC, and now RIOT, all need other players, sure Crims will always have RamRaiding (I have an idea to give Enfs a version of that too) but for Enforcers this game can really suck when you're stuck in an off peak timezone. I have ideas but most are probably too late - I'd like to see a rework of RIOT even though it won't happen, current RIOT mode might get triggers but the sake of anything than it not actually being much of a RIOT and more of a (now that I've played it) run around find a PDA then activate a bomb, then die 2-3 times inside a seemingly endless Contamination Zone. 

 

So to stay on Topic here's my ideal RIOT Mode:

It's PvE but also PvP but not quite - remember those Starcraft and Warcraft custom maps? The Tower Defence/Defend the Ancient ones but they were still versus? It's like that with a mix of Man vs Machine from TF2 (remember how they worked two opposing factions finding a common ground to work together in that? Seems nice but for the sake of keeping our undead confectioneries happy we'll skip the working together part) 

 

Basically there is a RIOT, San Paro has had enough of our shit and it going nuts to fight both the Enfs and Crims but why and where did they get all these resources? Red Hill IOT of course - they're the sneaky buggers who instigated the RIOT and supply the civies with all their gear because what better way to clean up Sanny P than to use an endless pool of civilans willing to die for peace. Or maybe it's mind control? Who knows? Anyway both factions are forced to fall back to our compounds (bring back the Asylum map version for Enforcers? But like shrink it, and give a copy to Crims (back make it all Crim-like) or make a custom map or just use the Financial RIOT map but more giant red/grey blocks to make things into neat lanes and stop Crims and Enforcers from reaching each other) And the Rioting Civilians are at our doors and we have to protect our Contact/Leader, [Insert Faction Contact Here]. 

 

The PvE is basically each Faction in a defensive position having to defend against waves of Civilian Bots, maybe vehicles too? Each wave gets progressively harder as Red Hill IOT supplies the Civs with stronger and stronger gear. Also each wave or milestone wave (5, 10, etc) has an RedHillIOT Instigator/Officer that we got to take out for extra brownie points or maybe the dude is calling in airstrikes of gas or something idk. 

 

Anyway that's the basic premise. 

 

Now the PvP part is like those Custom Maps - In those you earned money and could spend it on sending bigger and better units down the other player's lane to make their day a little more shitty - so in RIOT each Faction gets cash/rewards/brownies from every wave or maybe they have to go collect it from the dead or each Instigator has a bounty? And each has their own RedHillOT contact they can "bribe" or maybe just using the [Insert Faction Contact Here] and they get on the phone and call their RedHillIOT contact because San Paro is just a huge mix of everyone dicking over someone else anyway so who cares about the Lore, sooo somehow each Faction earns points/cash and they can spend it on making the other Faction's day a little more miserable by prematurely gearing up the Civilian RIOT or sending more Instigators or Elite Units, just stuff. 

 

Aaaand the winners are the Faction whose [Insert Faction Contact Here] survives the longest.

 

However the true PvE part of this goes that this mode does not need a set amount of players to start or the versus portion doesn't enable until there is enough playing on each side but the PvE part goes on no matter how many are there. So if there isn't enough players to start versus, it just becomes you vs the Civilian RIOT and the Victory condition is just how long you can Survive, like Survival Mode in L4D. This to me also has an anti-exploit in it that 1 person can't farm the mode endlessly because they'll so be overrun, so it's nicer in teams, but not completely dependant on other assholes being online like basically every other facet of APB currently is. 

 

Anyway that's my ideal RIOT mode. 

and little orbit are going to build an acceptable bot AI from scratch?

 

a big cornerstone of apb is the rng making  no two missions play exactly the same, maybe i’m just biased against pve but i don’t see static maps with static fights being all that entertaining for more than a day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...