Sign in to follow this  
Awesum

My Ideal Riot Mode

13 hours ago, Glaciers said:

and little orbit are going to build an acceptable bot AI from scratch?

I have no idea, I don't know how hard it would be to put a on-rails aggressive AI into APB, maybe it's impossible. They did do it with TF2 which up until that point was total PvP, that said they used the Source Engine which no doubt had acceptable AI already in it somewhere but this idea is an ideal situation so I might as well as asked for G1C to rain from the sky and free premium for all it matters. 

But like I said the biggest issue I see with most modes in APB is that it needs other people to play properly, something that it is really struggling with for a variety of reasons.

13 hours ago, Glaciers said:

a big cornerstone of apb is the rng making  no two missions play exactly the same, maybe i’m just biased against pve but i don’t see static maps with static fights being all that entertaining for more than a day

Eh. idk about you but technically that's true but I see a lot of missions playing out the same, maybe not in a row, but still the same also RIOT and FC tend to go against that rule too, unless you're being really technical and saying that because the Contamination zone is now at coords 20,18 instead of 21,19 that makes it not exactly the same.

That said, if they use RIOT Financial instead of a custom PvE Map, the "Last Stand" areas could be anywhere defensible around San Paro. One mission it's Enfs in SPPD HQ and Crims in DoubleB's Station, next it's Enfs in Teng's HQ and Crims in the Skate Park.

8 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Eh. idk about you but technically that's true but I see a lot of missions playing out the same, maybe not in a row, but still the same also RIOT and FC tend to go against that rule too, unless you're being really technical and saying that because the Contamination zone is now at coords 20,18 instead of 21,19 that makes it not exactly the same.

i think riot is dogshit (partly for the same lack-of-variety reason), fc is just mindless quick action so its not really necessary for it to be varied

i understand the reasoning behind a potential pve mode with the dying pop but im a little cautious of devoting another year (being extremely generous for comparison's sake) to get another disaster like riot

7 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i think riot is dogshit (partly for the same lack-of-variety reason),

F

7 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

i understand the reasoning behind a potential pve mode with the dying pop but im a little cautious of devoting another year (being extremely generous for comparison's sake) to get another disaster like riot

Ah yeah you're right, which sucks. I knew this idea was too late to the party so it'll just stay as a dream, but I had to get it out there and I'd have to guess that with only you replying and no personal message from MattyS asking me to fly over and work for LO, it's not the awesome idea I thought it was when I was in the shower.

Sign in to follow this