KyoukiDotExe

Revert the assault rifle changes G1 applied

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/389381-weapon-balance-overview/

Right now it does nothing but cause problems, hits are not being seen by the server and right now the meta is to camp on long ranges spots and as a assault rifle player you can't do anything.

Obir, obeya, hvr, don't have these problems at all.

So why should the assault rifles be bad?

Please discuss.

• Like 1

How about fixing the servers instead? It's actually cringe doing gunplay balancing based on the fact that the servers suck.

Which is exactly what LO did with the recent shotgun changes, and we know how that looks like...

• Like 5

Curve mechanics are horrible and should have never been introduced.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

Curve mechanics are horrible and should have never been introduced.

Amen.

6 minutes ago, swft said:

How about fixing the servers instead? It's actually cringe doing gunplay balancing based on the fact that the servers suck.

Which is exactly what LO did with the recent shotgun changes, and we know how that looks like...

That's also a valid point but I think LO first needs to get out the engine upgrade along side new content to get the playerbase a little bit back.

Maybe a little more than the NTEC just saying. I would quite like to not get false positive shots when firing at someone 😄

• Thanks 1

Honest question... What's the relation between these changes and "hits are not being seen by the server".

Thanks in advance.

25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Honest question... What's the relation between these changes and "hits are not being seen by the server".

Thanks in advance.

curve mechanics

^^^ no idea how it is relevent but i do hate the hitboxes not being fixed and then the curve mechanics would not be needed.

I forget the exact reason why they implemented the curve mechanics but I believe it had something to do with OSMAW and cars used for cover.

Anyone know for sure? I can not remember clearly.

shots missing due to bloom =/= shots not registering 

but i agree that all "curve" mechanics should be removed

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Well, at least it's not another thread on how OP the N-TEC is. 

yeah it's worse, its lets buff the ntec

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

https://forums-old.gamersfirst.com/topic/389381-weapon-balance-overview/

Right now it does nothing but cause problems, hits are not being seen by the server and right now the meta is to camp on long ranges spots and as a assault rifle player you can't do anything.

Obir, obeya, hvr, don't have these problems at all.

So why should the assault rifles be bad?

Please discuss.

Uh what? Assault rifle players aka ntec users, have the most adaptability of any weapon. If you are having issues, then your tactics are off, or the opponents are clearly better. Assault rifles are fine as is, and are not meant to be mid-long range weapons. They are close-mid range weapons. May I suggest learning your weapon niches and playing around them effectively?

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

^^^ no idea how it is relevent but i do hate the hitboxes not being fixed and then the curve mechanics would not be needed.

I forget the exact reason why they implemented the curve mechanics but I believe it had something to do with OSMAW and cars used for cover.

Anyone know for sure? I can not remember clearly. 

No, the changes basically made it so recoil reset to base and accuracy reset to base after you stopped firing for x amount of time, rather than have it restart from where you fired before.

3 hours ago, Iazer said:

Maybe a little more than the NTEC just saying. I would quite like to not get false positive shots when firing at someone 😄

the AR changes have nothing to do with false positive shots

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

shots missing due to bloom =/= shots not registering

ahh... ok that's what was meant.

3 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

DONT NOBODY FUX WITH THE GUNS, took a year to re-tune them all. 🎛️ 

I do not believe anyone is saying right now.

I do believe people are saying  when it is time that certain things need to be done.

People are angry at N-Tecs, ATACs and you have nerve to actually advocate the reverse of nerf.

ARs are so bizzare nowadays that in some cases they are more accurate than smgs on their own close distance and recover better than some distance snipers in long range.

Edited by Mitne

48 minutes ago, Mitne said:

People are angry at N-Tecs, ATACs and you have nerve to actually advocate the reverse of nerf.

ARs are so bizzare nowadays that in some cases they are more accurate than smgs on their own close distance and recover better than some distance snipers in long range.

Overall ntec and Atac are well balanced, they just need to get nerfed in some specific things.

Basically, ntec has insane accuracy in tap firing, you can spray three first bullets and be able to hit them all from 60-70m. That’s the reason why it overshoots obeya from 60m even with damage dropoff. It needs a nerfed bloom recovery to make practical fire rate in tapping slower. Oh, and of cource remove benefiting from hunting sight in jump

Atac just needs much bigger recoil because currently it shoots like a laser. It’s a shame the weapon was made to compete with current cqc has much much better accuracy and be able to pixel picking from the corner

Edited by Lign
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lign said:

Overall ntec and Atac are well balanced, they just need to get nerfed in some specific things.

Basically, ntec has insane accuracy in tap firing, you can spray three first bullets and be able to hit them all from 60-70m. That’s the reason why it overshoots obeya from 60m even with damage dropoff. Oh, and of cource remove benefiting from hunting sight in jump

Atac just needs much bigger recoil because currently it shoots like a laser. It’s a shame the weapon was made to compete with current cqc has much much better accuracy and be able to pixel picking from the corner

Yeah. Each weapon should have it niche and AR niche should be picking off people at range not suited for weapons of their opponents like sniper in CQ and smg at distance.

Edited by Mitne

36 minutes ago, Snakeyio said:

Give all weapons 10% more effective range.

Oh boy.

Brace for impact.

8 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Oh boy.

Brace for impact.

Even though this is also an important topic, I think a perc buff should have its own thread, in order to not derail this thread.

I'm an ardent believer of keeping threads on-topic!

8 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

Even though this is also an important topic, I think a perc buff should have its own thread, in order to not derail this thread.

I'm an ardent believer of keeping threads on-topic!

Bless your heart.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mitne said:

the curve based bloom nerfs were asinine so I can get behind this feeling