Jump to content
Ketog

The RedHill Institute thread

Recommended Posts

More curious then reward entitled , when someone get's their "tier 4" rewards i'd like to know what was in it.

 

I wonder if we can get a weapon skin out of this

 

tITMqEH.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, MattScott said:

 

Tier 1 = Anyone who was early to publicly contribute part of a puzzle solution. (It’s hard for us to gauge who was absolutely first between the two channels).

 

Tier 2 = Anyone who spent a reasonable amount of effort brainstorming and contributing to puzzle solving.

 

Tier 3 = Anyone who redeems the code before my post on Friday.

 

Fuck.

 

Asking what the tiers are counts as being part of Tier 1, right? After all, that means I solved the most important part of the ARG: who gets rewarded.

 

RIGHT?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doing different tiers of rewards is probably going to upset some people regardless of what the rewards are. I'm just hoping there's not too big a difference in how awesome they are.

 

I know I'm Tier 3 as I found out about it after it was solved, so not complaining about that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

More curious then reward entitled , when someone get's their "tier 4" rewards i'd like to know what was in it.

 

I wonder if we can get a weapon skin out of this

 

tITMqEH.png

If its not a tier reward, it'll be a RIOT progress reward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya know, I kinda regret spending an ingame day staring at St Medina's Hospital and Devil Dog hoping they'd thrown a hint in there.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, VickyFox said:

Do you really want more target dates and times only for the potential of them to be missed and to be left feeling disappointed or would you not know.

yes thats what i want

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, xTRIPPYGOD said:

today is friday and 0 info?

You're kidding, right?

 

But in case you're not:

Just because where you live it's daylight right now, doesn't mean that Little Orbit staff have to wake in the middle of midnight because you can't wait.

My guess is that you will have to wait at least half day more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw we still didn't get an explaination while sometimes it's A. partridge and sometimes A partige 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ketog said:

Btw we still didn't get an explaination while sometimes it's A. partridge and sometimes A partige 🤣

We did. ShyLO said in Discord that it was a typo, and was going to fix it. It should be A. Partridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've removed several posts as they weren't related to the topic at hand. 

 

Discussions are fine to be had, but keep them relevant to the current topic, it might be more appropriate to make a new thread if you want to discuss something.

 

~@mayii

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 4:07 PM, MattScott said:

The original release date for RIOT was yesterday, but I made the call not to rush the mode based on continuing feedback from testing.

Did you have enough resources to test with a full district?
Past experience shows that everything works differently in reality. This would help open OTW now 😞

 


And it will be interesting to hear your hopes for this mode before it starts. Have you eliminated what has disturbed past events?

 

- Every 10 seconds, someone must be spawn behind.
- Square territories. Zones are parts of the (street) district. This game should not be so.
- There is no musical accompaniment. Silence.
- Complete unavailability for beginners. I guess you want to make some noise with this mode. Waiting for new players? They will be destroyed by the grandmasters millions hours in apb, ntec, ofc.
If the entry threshold is high in APB itself and this cannot be changed, then RIOT should be as accessible as possible to beginners (i think it: no percs, no rank limit. All weapons and modifications are buy/find in the match itself.
So that players with 255 ranks have 0 advantages over those who entered the game for the first time.

(Beginners do not think that they need to levelup in the game/buy weapons for money to play normally. Players do not think that the game is decided by the donate),

 


You said that players can enter the area with their weapons... It upset me, really. Why did you do that? 😞

Edited by vfterlife
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, vfterlife said:

Did you have enough resources to test with a full district?
Past experience shows that everything works differently in reality. This would help open OTW now 😞

 


And it will be interesting to hear your hopes for this mode before it starts. Have you eliminated what has disturbed past events?

 

- Every 10 seconds, someone must be spawn behind.
- Square territories. Zones are parts of the (street) district. This game should not be so.
- There is no musical accompaniment. Silence.
- Complete unavailability for beginners. I guess you want to make some noise with this mode. Waiting for new players? They will be destroyed by the grandmasters millions hours in apb, ntec, ofc.
If the entry threshold is high in APB itself and this cannot be changed, then RIOT should be as accessible as possible to beginners (i think it: no percs, no rank limit. All weapons and modifications are buy/find in the match itself.
So that players with 255 ranks have 0 advantages over those who entered the game for the first time.

(Beginners do not think that they need to levelup in the game/buy weapons for money to play normally. Players do not think that the game is decided by the donate),

 


You said that players can enter the area with their weapons... It upset me, really. Why did you do that? 😞

We haven't done a full district test, but we have gotten fairly close. The plan is to open this to OTW as soon as the mode mechanics are fully working as intended.

 

There were a lot of lessons learned in Epidemic and Slay Bells. We tried to apply all of them to RIOT. Hopefully, we can collect more feedback from OTW to address items we missed.

The mode was very much designed for new players to jump in and have fun. It only uses randomly grouped teams to help balance things.

Lastly, there are weapons to find. You can also enter the mode with your choice of load out, however you have to collect money in the mode to unlock those weapons for use.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MattScott said:

It only uses randomly grouped teams to help balance things.


Whelp. You lost me there.

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Yoss said:


Whelp. You lost me there.

Yep. Same here, was looking forward to playing this as a group WITH friends. I understand the need for balance and trying to be fair but it just takes away the choice and the fun factor. It's annoying, irritating and infuriating especially in a competitive game where you're trying (most of the time) your best to win in a seasonal timed event. 

 

Apb is at its best, imo when playing in a group with friends/premade. If anything this is a huge drawback to even coming back to the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Teawing said:

 

 

Apb is at its best, imo when playing in a group with friends/premade. If anything this is a huge drawback to even coming back to the game. 

Pop is so pathetic on Jericho anymore, playing with a premade is practically cheating. 

That being said, RHIoT seems to be more about new players than the few old players left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Teawing said:

Apb is at its best, imo when playing in a group with friends/premade. If anything this is a huge drawback to even coming back to the game. 

Playing almost any games with friends makes the experience better, although I am getting the impression that RIOT was a game mode intended to be played casually and not competitively.

MattScott may want to reconsider not having friends playing together... but at the same time I know some clans may just make RIOT their stomping ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Pop is so pathetic on Jericho anymore, playing with a premade is practically cheating. 

That being said, RHIoT seems to be more about new players than the few old players left.

If that's the case then I'm a little miffed tbqh. It's the old players who have kept holding on and playing this game, supporting it (myself included) through continuing to buy etc. 

 

The engine upgrade isn't even out yet, and while I don't know the exact number yet, I'm pretty sure the majority amount of people even playing will be mostly made up of OLD players (plus all their alts) not new players. 

 

It would be a different story if this event was after engine update where it could start being promoted, but as of now? It sucks because this would have been a major draw to a couple of friends who haven't played in a while to come back, only to then turn out that we can't play together due to not wanting to be unfair to a low amount of new players (I think, if I'm wrong on that please correct me) 

 

With that said, Jericho pop is so low that when doing missions it's typically premade vs premade most of the time (my own personal experience) 

 

Not sure why that had to change for this event. I'm just salty but that's my two cents. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Teawing said:

If that's the case then I'm a little miffed tbqh. It's the old players who have kept holding on and playing this game, supporting it (myself included) through continuing to buy etc. 

 

The engine upgrade isn't even out yet, and while I don't know the exact number yet, I'm pretty sure the majority amount of people even playing will be mostly made up of OLD players (plus all their alts) not new players. 

 

It would be a different story if this event was after engine update where it could start being promoted, but as of now? It sucks because this would have been a major draw to a couple of friends who haven't played in a while to come back, only to then turn out that we can't play together due to not wanting to be unfair to a low amount of new players (I think, if I'm wrong on that please correct me) 

 

With that said, Jericho pop is so low that when doing missions it's typically premade vs premade most of the time (my own personal experience) 

 

Not sure why that had to change for this event. I'm just salty but that's my two cents. 

 

 

I feel ya. My wallets like $6k lighter thanks to APB as well. And I didn't mean to imply they are forgetting us, just that the focus kind of has to be on new players if the game is gonna survive. Also, that's all just a guess on my part. 

 

That is a good point on premade vs premade tho. 

All my friends quit long ago so I'm mostly stuck in solo hell. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Teawing said:

If that's the case then I'm a little miffed tbqh. It's the old players who have kept holding on and playing this game, supporting it (myself included) through continuing to buy etc. 

 

The engine upgrade isn't even out yet, and while I don't know the exact number yet, I'm pretty sure the majority amount of people even playing will be mostly made up of OLD players (plus all their alts) not new players. 

 

It would be a different story if this event was after engine update where it could start being promoted, but as of now? It sucks because this would have been a major draw to a couple of friends who haven't played in a while to come back, only to then turn out that we can't play together due to not wanting to be unfair to a low amount of new players (I think, if I'm wrong on that please correct me) 

 

With that said, Jericho pop is so low that when doing missions it's typically premade vs premade most of the time (my own personal experience) 

 

Not sure why that had to change for this event. I'm just salty but that's my two cents. 

 

 

the little group of people supporting isnt even an argument if you got 5 people to spend like 500 dollars each you have basically 1 months of salary for 1 employee... good job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent the hex code thingy majig as the header of the email and it sent me an batch ID from a guy, did anyone receive this?

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 6:54 AM, MattScott said:

We tried to apply all of them to RIOT. The mode was very much designed for new players to jump in and have fun. It only uses randomly grouped teams to help balance things.

Lastly, there are weapons to find. You can also enter the mode with your choice of load out, however you have to collect money in the mode to unlock those weapons for use.

in General, this is an interesting concept of the game . I'm curious . WHEN?

March 14, 2019 APB RIOT Reveal

April 6, 2019 APB - not RIOT

 

 

RESTORATION REDHILL  HIGHLIGHTS 

97957P65f8.jpg

 

Matt said:  For those who didn't, be vigilant and keep your eyes open to get more arg experience. It is worth paying attention to details.

 

Edited by Yood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AnEvergreenTree said:

I sent the hex code thingy majig as the header of the email and it sent me an batch ID from a guy, did anyone receive this?

You were suppose to redeem the "batch id" into Armas Marketplace however I think you might be too late and was time limited up to last Friday the 30th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AnEvergreenTree said:

I sent the hex code thingy majig as the header of the email and it sent me an batch ID from a guy, did anyone receive this?

 

well , you're a bit late to the party my friend , the ARG is finished and the codes aren't valid anymore , sad times .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...