Y2Venom

Player Griefing for 4 years nothing done.

For the last 4 years i have been teamed with a certain player, i wont name him so lets call him "34PL" He has griefed  my missions well over 20 times. I have played against him and he has griefed on his team mates well over 20 times. I have reported "34PL" with tickets, I have reported "34PL" using the report function. He has been griefing games by standing around and is griefing today.  34PL is one of the reasons i stopped my subbing in the past and i am pretty sure i am going to stop again. I have never had a response on the issue.

What is worse, i googled his name he is well known for this. Other people have had to come to the forums to report him as nothing has been done. As the player was named, the post was deleted, I was able to read the cached version. ...

So i've been playing APB for quiet some time now and one group of annoying kids keep dethreating themselves as a group to ruin everyones time in bronze they should be playing in gold so the lowest district they go to should be silver in my opinion these guys needs to be gold threat locked it are always the same 4 people that join bronze districts as group become gold instantly match after and stay in there the whole evening. Playing against them is just boring as fuck since they all use spamming weapons like granade launcher. the group consist of the 4 members called .........   34PL  (wont name the others).

To point out, the poster below joined in October 2018 and has not logged in since November 2018.

Upon more inspection of the player i found posts on a Russian apb facebook page.

DEC 18

APB Player : 34PL has always been like this .. By nature like that. He happens to be bombed when his ogre is shot with an old one and just stands afk the whole mission. Unfortunately, there is never any sense from him.

APB Player 2 : I moved to a security official only because of what I thought, maybe most of them are adequate, how wrong I was, half of the waste they discharged if something they don’t like, 34PL is an example of Down.

I am a subscriber and this player has directly cost revenue from me. AT this moment in time i know the system is broken and is going to be fixed in the future. But this is a post about relentless griefing by a player with absolutely nothing being done. Tickets not being responded to. Posts being deleted instead of the players name being clipped out. I dont want to have to post about it, would rather be playing APB. But i am also posting on behalf of any new players he has griefed, who dont know how to report him.  With the information i have posted about we are nearly going on 4 months of this player griefing ???

Report system was never intended for griefers. But yeah, when you find specific players, their literal purpose on the game is to just ruin the experience for others. Wish there was a legitimate system for this rather than wasting time with a support ticket that takes forever to be seen.

15 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

mad kid?

Punctuation and Elaboration are fundementals of communication. 

• Like 2

4 years.

Okay, so LO only acquired APB last year. So, that isn't their fault he hasn't been banned within those four years, that's on G1. 

There's a new report system in place, learn to use it. /report playername

• Like 1

Really wish I could say this was all that shocking. Unfortunately APB has a few people that will do anything to maintain a low threat level so they can harass newbies more readily. Bright side is it's a bit more rare now given the lower population? Anyway..

Like TacticallyRed said, try using the /report feature. You've already sent in tickets so there isn't a whole lot more you can do beyond that from the sounds of it. Have you considered trying to actively avoid the player in question? I know that isn't ideal, but if you are on during primetime hours there's likely another district with at least a few people in it you could hide out in. 

From my experience, reporting someone for griefing to LO, won't get you any results, even if you provide video evidence.

But that's just my experience.

2 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

From my experience, reporting someone for griefing to LO, won't get you any results, even if you provide video evidence.

But that's just my experience.

Same.

Then again by the time support gets to the ticket, it's likely several months would have passed anyways. 

It's shitty advice, but the best thing to do would probably be just spamming /cointoss, rejoining and k-ing up hoping for a different teammate. 

• Like 1

Best course of action is group up with other players so that the odds of you getting him are significantly reduced.

Some griefers get bored and stop griefing when they dont get as many missions because of this strategy.

8 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Best course of action is group up with other players so that the odds of you getting him are significantly reduced.

Some griefers get bored and stop griefing when they dont get as many missions because of this strategy.

Yeah.

Playing solo might worked back in my days but now it is unbearable. Either you squashed by clans, hacker groups, matchmaking system or like in that case "additional snowflakes".

Just going to re-plug the idea for a player blacklist. Although it does nothing for player out of mission griefing those in mission at least it will stop them from being grouped with you on any faction.

My idea for out of mission griefers? Let's just borrow a great idea from our friends at Black Mirror and block them - if you black list a player suddenly the black listed can't see that player anymore, anywhere, or anytime. Can't grief what you can't see. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

certain people need to adress griefers in the extend of waisting constantly missions poorly enough this is part of the game and i would suggest people who go afk lose there leadership in these cercomstances. also i would sugest that if u get teamkill u can't be a teamleader as well anymore for that mission 

• Like 1

Appreciate the advice guys. The worst thing is, this is completely in the control of LO as well as G1 but yet nothing has been done. I understand circumstances in which a player might do it, so he can join a server with his clan. Or somebody is having a bad weekend. But this is relentless for 4 years and is still going with zero repercussions.

43 minutes ago, Y2Venom said:

Appreciate the advice guys. The worst thing is, this is completely in the control of LO as well as G1 but yet nothing has been done. I understand circumstances in which a player might do it, so he can join a server with his clan. Or somebody is having a bad weekend. But this is relentless for 4 years and is still going with zero repercussions.

Lets record him doing those thigns and then send the proofs to LO and report with the new /report function reworked.

I am sure these type of players will enjoy warnings, before or after.

Alredy reported and recorded 3/4 grifers and sent them with a ticket, can't be more happy than now.

On 1/27/2019 at 4:12 PM, CookiePuss said:

jUsT aSk a gM fOr hElP

how did you get on spct? you are never helping anyone and just trolling on the forums... we all know there are no gms in this game that can do anything about a dethreating/griefing/harassing/toxic player...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

how did you get on spct? you are never helping anyone and just trolling on the forums... we all know there are no gms in this game that can do anything about a dethreating/griefing/harassing/toxic player...

Now you're asking the right questions XD

2 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

Wait, did you just question the selection of an SPCT after said SPCT member criticized the company selcting him for SPCT by posting a sarcastic comment about there not being enough active GMs in-game and thus not enough actions taken against griefers (and blatant hackers too, btw)?

To answer your question, selection for SPCT is probably based on in-game activity, willingness to test, and quality of test feedback. Forum has fuck-all to do with it, and is to be considered as a stand-alone game/activity.

4 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

itt people who don’t understand memes

7 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

thanks to the Sucking Pen Crispy Technique

I'm sure this wont be a popular answer, but its partially your fault as well.

You cant give them that power, you cant let them get to you, you need to show them that you don't care.

Will that instantly stop them, no it wont, but you cant give them what they feed off of. 

YES, it shouldn't be this way, you should be able to play the way you want without griefers,

but just like IRL it doesn't work that way, sometime you need to make them play by your rules instead of vice versa. 

Edited by Killerela

That's honestly a bit hard to answer.

On one side, there is a system in place, even if it doesn't work always as intended, that flags you as AFK and automatically kicks you off the mission/game. On the other side, it is easy to bypass it, considering that some players can just outright use a bot or stick a coin in the middle of the walking keys, to auto-run in a single direction.

Look, i don't understand why LO wouldn't act, but if they'd act, i imagine it would be a temporary ban, which would explain why he always comes back. 

But you'd think that after consecutive reports (possibly also temp bans), with evidence, they'd ban him for good.

But that's my opinion, maybe the mods who keep removing those threads can give a better insight. 

Edited by Bellenettiel