MattScott

Community Discussion Topics

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

I know LO plan to present cross-district matchmaking solution(i dont think is good idea,possibly lag fest)after 3.5 but still think they could make improvements to current system.Suggestions:

1.Replace green with iron threat(grey)because green is dumb(not important)

2.Rework the speed players move between threats(specially between silver and gold-too fast)

3."Show recommended only" tab must stay permanently checked and hide it so players cant change it

4.Hide players threats and districts threats.Thats how all players will play in theyr skill lvls(at least most cases)

5.Option to play in free for all districts where matchmaking is off and all irons,bronzes,silvers and golds are free to group and join

6.Possible inner faction matches?

this is what I have been thinking for tooooo long.. This guy knows exactly what he is talking about.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MattScott said:

- Why did Little Orbit unban all these cheaters? / Demo version of BattlEye / Ineffective anti-cheat / Matt said he wont ban anyone

- Why hasn't Little Orbit fixed the Matchmaking system? / Threat needs to go back to the way it was / De-threaters

- Why did Little Orbit do the Weapon Balance? / Shotguns suck / IR3 changes are garbage

- Why isn't Little Orbit listen to me? / Why is Little Orbit listening to people that don't know what they are talking about?

Ignore all of them matt. Except the matchmaking system that was broken for ages but rather fix that after the engine upgrade tho.
But ye anything else, they dont know what they are talking about

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, IROCkiller said:

I actually like the IR3 changes. It needs work on some guns. Is it possible to have the same mod have different effects on different guns?

I see where you're coming from here, but we should avoid convoluted combat systems, we already have the damage of the HVR being tied to accuracy and the damage of the DMR being tied to range. Further convoluting the combat system would not be good for the game, because people would observe different effects on different weapons (or categories of weapons), which while you or I would probably not have an issue with it, you have to remember that new players just getting in to the game would have to deal with the unusual behavior of the mods/guns changing how they act depending on their category, accuracy, range, etc.

• Like 2

IR3 changes = basically u removed IR3 from the game, no need any other explanation.

Shotgun changes = i can't beat a player with same skill level if i am with JG and enemy is with any SMG (0% chance so far.  Not sure why this was done. 

Is acquiring new customers more important than retaining the old?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

purchasing a product that’s being sold in no way makes you an investor, it makes you a consumer

nothing worse than seeing entitlement because so-and-so “invested” x amount of money over the years

So you’re saying I’m not a shareholder of my local 7-Eleven?

8 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

So you’re saying I’m not a shareholder of my local 7-Eleven?

no asger, coming in every morning for an energy drink and smokes and poorly flirting with the single mom cashier does not make you a shareholder 

1 minute ago, EchoPixi said:

I'll just leave it here. 😧
skyxz43fqIw.jpg

You misspelled "Riot Mode". 

• Like 1

There's a reason why more and more of us are saying Little Orbit did more in these 5 months (with the first month taking ownership) compared to G1 in years.

And its true. G1 abandoned us and milked us back then.  Jericho back in the day as infested with cheating and not all just to cheat but also to be able to play against  the cheaters.

It was a downward spiral that G1 back in the day refused to pull out of. And because of it a lot of toxic behavior started forming.

Then Little Orbit bought out G1 and made many policy changes as well as game changes.

The toxicity on Jericho is  nearly gone thanks to that. There's still some but its no where near the levels its been in the past few years.

An engine upgrade that was teased by  G1 is diligently being worked on by Little Orbit also while other things are being done to work on APB.

A true attempt for  cheater protection is being used and some cheaters from the past openly apologized sincerely.

Actual communication with staff happens regularly which shows how much you all truly care about us.

Not everything went smoothly but this is an imperfect world so of course it wont.

Regardless Little Orbit has continued to work on things regardless with a true diligence to make things better for APB and Fallen Earth. (and i truly feel bad that fallen earth players have it  immensely worse than APB)

Some of us agree with changes made to guns for APB and some disagree but that appears more to a personal preference to me than anything else currently happening.

Converting an old engine over to a newer one and dealing with spaghetti coding is a nightmare and Little Orbit made progress faster on this than  any of us thought possible (some of us thought summer MIGHT be doable but not this fast by far)

Many things still need work like matchmaking , threat level, points for objectives , and points for kills so that it balances out more to actual skill than what it is at the moment but to me I truly believe it should be done after the engine upgrade to make sure it can be done in a full complet4e sense rather than just a band aid for now which may in fact make  it beyond broken.

But that's not something I can answer on because I wouldn't know for sure. I don't see the coding and how to go about this so I can only speculate.

There's a lot of things to talk about but regardless of any topic I firmly believe Little Orbit is doing just fine and has the best wishes and intent for fixing  APB and fallen earth.

These past 5 months are proof of that.

44 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

no asger, coming in every morning for an energy drink and smokes and poorly flirting with the single mom cashier does not make you a shareholder 

1 - I don’t drink energy drinks... unless mixed with vodka.

2 - I heard she puts out.

Heya console pleb here again.

The ones who are upset always scream the loudest. Unless you play on console. Cuz no one really communicates with one another over there. That goes for the forums as well.

If there is anything that I feel that you should shed some light on is the console status.

The so called basic sdk update that was planned for July/August obviously got delayed due to unfortunate reasons. However all anyone on console as seen is further delays with minimal communication from LO. There are even rumors that the sdk update will go live on the 24th with the halloween event, hyping some players up to return to the game. And after necroing your twitter I found out that they were just baseless rumors as I had assumed.

So here's a list of things the console community would like to know:

- What is the ETA on the sdk update? (we know that it needs Sonys/Microsofts approval to go live but just mentioning when its sent to cert is enough)

- Is console development secondary in terms of UE 3.5 development? How are you prioritizing? (the way the blogs are worded makes it seem that console development is a mere byproduct of PC UE 3.5. Hence why its so slow)

- Will the game be playable above the normal 5-25fps in the future?

- Will any development even occur this year?

It's amazing that people still believe that there's hope for console. I'd hate for their dreams to be crushed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

p.s If you ever read this and decide to address anything I've stated above. Please do it as clear and precise as possible.

28 minutes ago, Spooki3 said:

Is console development secondary in terms of UE 3.5 development?

isn't consoles already on 3.5 ? if so then they're catching pc up to consoles

9 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

isn't consoles already on 3.5 ? if so then they're catching pc up to consoles

ah knew that I worded that poorly. what I tried to say was if getting PC to 3.5 was more urgent than fixing the broken 3.5 over at console.

4 hours ago, Seedy said:

4.Hide players threats and districts threats.Thats how all players will play in theyr skill lvls(at least most cases)

How does hiding the problem fix it? The issue is matchmaking isnt it? Why hide threat? I liked it old school when you saw detailed threat lvls. I would get an idea if I should prepare to get my butt kicked, have a good match or face plebs. 

10 minutes ago, killerskull said:

How does hiding the problem fix it? The issue is matchmaking isnt it? Why hide threat? I liked it old school when you saw detailed threat lvls. I would get an idea if I should prepare to get my butt kicked, have a good match or face plebs. 

The issue isnt matchmaking.

The issue is pop... both district and world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spooki3 said:

ah knew that I worded that poorly. what I tried to say was if getting PC to 3.5 was more urgent than fixing the broken 3.5 over at console.

I don't know if this is true or not that the pc needs to be fixed to 3.5 to fix consoles.

someone mentioned that before but it is here say to me.

Only Little Orbit can really answer this one. I'm just trying to help.

I do know that pc has always been the driving force for APB and has been neglected the most.

A large majority of the community has been from pc over the years and many are waiting for the updates so they can come back and play.

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

A large majority of the community has been from pc over the years and many are waiting for the updates so they can come back and play.

I honestly don't see many people who say they are waiting for the Engine Update coming back for long, the fundamental gameplay won't change, they'll probably have a quick look and then move on again.

I honestly think LO should concentrate on attracting new players, there is a constant trickle of them even now it's just that they don't stick around because they instantly get jumped on by more experienced players, we could easily have double the population we have now (if not more) if the game was more friendly to noobies.

• Thanks 1

I insist that the problem of matchmaking and the comfortable existence of SOLO players is prerogative.  players started getting problems back in 2012 . The first post  'Do you think it is a good balance? ' dedicated to this issue is made in  Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:33 AM .

Edited by Yood

9 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Will we be getting one this week, and if so, what will it be on. Or is it a surprise until it goes up

I wanted to give players a chance to read and respond to this thread, so I could pick the first topic based on feedback.

My plan is to put up the first thread on Friday, so everyone can weigh in over the weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, MattScott said:

I wanted to give players a chance to read and respond to this thread, so I could pick the first topic based on feedback.

My plan is to put up the first thread on Friday, so everyone can weigh in over the weekend.

I think a poll could help get a clear and precise answer for what to make the weekly threads on. It might prove difficult deciphering the comments. That's just my opinion anyway

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MattScott said:

yeah,  a  poll  would work better  and be   easier  to pick  

2 hours ago, TheDogCatcher said:

I honestly don't see many people who say they are waiting for the Engine Update coming back for long, the fundamental gameplay won't change, they'll probably have a quick look and then move on again.

I honestly think LO should concentrate on attracting new players, there is a constant trickle of them even now it's just that they don't stick around because they instantly get jumped on by more experienced players, we could easily have double the population we have now (if not more) if the game was more friendly to noobies.

first part I partially disagree since many changes like optimization rely on upgrading the engine and that would get old players to want to stay.

But not just optimization but graphics and many other features desperately rely on this upgrade happening asap.

Second part oh how can I stress enough yes this needs to be fixed. I don't like having to play in bronze to get a score above 100 (not kidding).

I'm a silver who can't earn gold on my own , and by far golds coming to bronze detheating mess things up even further.

I teach whomever is willing to learn how to shoot where to flank anything i can, that way the new people can at least learn how to play and make friends on APB so they will want to play more.

It's hard to do that if a gold is in bronze while  I'm partnered with a bronze because they die fast when they don't know even the basics.

It also means we need a real tutorial system made for them since this one doesn't really teach and many say they don't understand it.

I'd rather play in silver against silvers but until then I'll be forced to play in bronze and try to make friends with new players while teaching them how to play.

Edited by Fortune Runner
  • Thanks 1

I would like to know how many average monthly players does APB need to not close down, and by when?

2,000?

5,000?

7,000?

10,000?

Im really curious what LO is hoping to achieve, and at what point they will have to call it quits.

(not that I think we will or really even should be told)

Edited by CookiePuss