Delete884943468320878423

Not enough stored amo!

...Go waste two minutes or 3 of the round finding a damn vending machine(which by the way, isn't available at all spawning points) and 1000+ $ to solve it for one day!! Seriously... are you going to proceed degrading this game with every update it receives?
I believe previous owners intentionally removed that annoying feat, because it was garbage to begin with.

I basically can't go around playing two days without having that shit popping up on me every 2 or 3 times per night, making it feel like you are going to lose cuz you don't have bullets for your wep, or cuz you don't have enough grenades.

There is enough nonsense interrupting our focus on the round, why would you force this upon us as we were never used to it to begin with.
Improving the game isn't what's going on, but nerfing it would sound more adequate in the current situation... srry for the rant, but feels like apb is going down.

I mean i know i'm exaggerating, cuz you are just fixing broken things that most likely were broken intentionally by previous owners... but for fuk sake, adjust the quantity at least to differ based on the level you have, i mean ok a veteran can't feel much of it, but a noob will feel the shit out of it, won't EVEr be able to gather gold at this point with his small income(apb always had horrible $ making since day 1) and ppl will quit in most scenarios.

As for us veterans, you could just make us pay the most price for the ammo purchase, but also raise the numbers to have it once per week, and not once every two days, cuz its very annoying like that,
Calibrate and accommodate based on levels, leveling up should have more meaning than it does, if you start adjusting handicap based on it more properly, i believe more stability should come out of it.

Personally... leveling up never felt like actual LEVEL UP more than just a number, as all you would get its clothes(which are mostly preferable being built in our own UNIQUE standards as veterans), or weapons... cars that you will never really use, etc...
I would pay even 100 to 300k per week to keep my ammo in check and not bothering me every day....in other words, get a constructive downgrade if that's what you are focusing on.

Thank you none the less for the blessing you have been giving us so far by purchasing this game.

Edited by Vnight
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Inquitoria said:

Yep, agree. It's incredible how LO could break an already broken game even further.

They technical fixed this, G1 broke it so that it would pay any automatically when you died. This wasn't intended.

Maybe they'll make an intentional version of this.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, StunStick said:
They technical fixed this, G1 broke it so that it would pay any automatically when you died. This wasn't intended.

Maybe they'll make an intentional version of this.
^

lol.. buy ammo when you go to spawn your car after a mission? i mean this is just pathetic that of all the things in this game this is what you chose to cry about

• Like 7

1 hour ago, saudauish said:

lol.. buy ammo when you go to spawn your car after a mission? i mean this is just pathetic that of all the things in this game this is what you chose to cry about

tru
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, saudauish said:

There's really no point in having this in the game other than pissing people off for forgetting to buy ammo. It's a dumb mechanic that should've never been in the game, such as punishing players for doing well by making them P5/N5 and visible/killable by everyone in the district. Both stupid mechanics. Edited by swft
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, swft said:

There's really no point in having this in the game other than pissing people off for forgetting to buy ammo. It's a dumb mechanic that should've never been in the game, such as punishing players for doing well by making them P5/N5 and visible/killable by everyone in the district. Both stupid mechanics.
this kind of pandering you're crying about are why games are going to complete dogshit status lol

its a mechanic in the game that takes literally 2 seconds at the end of the every mission to get around, adds immersion, requires 0.0001% brainpower to remember

stop crying about simple shit lmao its pathetic as fuck
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, saudauish said:
this kind of pandering you're crying about are why games are going to complete dogshit status lol

its a mechanic in the game that takes literally 2 seconds at the end of the every mission to get around, adds immersion, requires 0.0001% brainpower to remember

what part of immersion is buying ammunition from a supply box that you (or your character, for immersive purposes) already owns?

id say games are going to dogshit status because of the increasingly common practice of adding tedious, time consuming mechanics that have no purpose other than to slow down gameplay and calling it “content” 
  • Like 5

The point of purchasing ammo is for it to be a money sink. (not the best one, but still quite existing)
Now, with that, instead of automatically purchasing a whole inventory load automatically, and eating up your money, the game allows you to choose when and which ammo to purchase.
Not only that, but you are able to get said ammo from any inventory "machine"

1. Field Supplier (and the consumable versions)
  2. Ammo Vending
  3. Car Spawners
  4. Mail Boxes
  5. Contacts
If you can swap your gun at it, you can purchase ammo at it.
After G1 allowed for you to resupply your guns at any of these points (excluding contacts and mailboxes) they effectively reduced the need for your field/mobile supply units.
(probably one of the few things that people like)

The mechanic is in place to reduce the amount of inflation our ingame economy contains.

@Vnight
this used to be a thing in APB 5 years ago, that you actually had to buy ammo. G1 broke that feature.
It being broken has stuck with the game for so long (cause g1 literally hasn't patched the game since 2 years, before LO took over), that everyone got used to it being broken.

I don't think G1 broke it on purpose. The forums just never really got mad about it (for obvious reasons), so G1 never bothered to fix it. 
G1 only did anything at all after the forums caught fire for weeks in a row.

In all honesty I don't care whether it's fixed, broken, or even entirely removed from the game. It's a poor excuse for a money sink, some people are inconvenienced by it, most people don't care about it.

Edited by Haganu

You're kinda exaggerating there.

The only thing you frequently need to buy is grenades, and those are still 100 per purchase. I don't see the problem with it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, valdas001 said:

Lont time ago we always needed to buy ammo before missions.

And we could only do this on joker ammo
and we had to press some weird key bind to open the ammo tab
  • Like 1

Just now, Ebola-Chan said:
isn’t that what T was by default before it became the new tutorial menu?

I like the auto resupply at death even though I usually refill ammo when I see it happening the first time 

12 hours ago, Vnight said:

...Go waste two minutes or 3 of the round finding a damn vending machine

Driving 10 seconds to nearest Joker ammo and making few clicks is definitely more time consuming than launching browser, login on forums and writing wall of text.

12 hours ago, Vnight said:

Personally... leveling up never felt like actual LEVEL UP more than just a number, as all you would get its clothes(which are mostly preferable being built in our own UNIQUE standards as veterans), or weapons... cars that you will never really use, etc...

"Leveling" is legit useless past R195 (R205 if you want to unlock lowyields or half-brick/8ball). R255 icons are so bad, imo Criminal_Gold_240.pngR240 crim and Enforcer_Gold_230.pngR230 enf are the best ones until new contacts being added.

8 hours ago, saudauish said:

Oh man, refilling ammo on an ammo box/car spawner/field supplier/contact/mail box sure adds an impressive amount of immersion. I don't think I've been more immersed in a game before!

Also, APB is not dogshit anymore because something that has been bugged for 3 years, that literally no one cared about, is finally fixed. Edited by swft

So after every mission:
- Visit a contact.
- Pay off notoriety.
- Delete mission reward mail spam.
- Refill ammo for every ammo type.

Well that's fine, shouldn't really take more than a minute at most... after every mission. Thousands of missions later (with small freezes every time you open up the UI), is it still fun to click on the purchase ammo button, just to make sure you don't spawn without ammo or grenades?

New players won't have a clue about why they're spawning without any ammo, and will only get even more frustrated with how unintuitive the game is.

That ammo cost money to resupply (and preferably stated clearly with how much ammo was resupplied, and how much it costed), is a good thing. Having to go out of your way to do something tedious is not.

• Like 4

going and having to byu ammo form the vendor machiens was once supposed to be a feature of the living immersive City San Paro was suppsoed to be.
In GTA I also have t go to the stupid Ammunation. It's not taking that much time to be a reason to cry about.

4 hours ago, Dopefish said:

New players won't have a clue about why they're spawning without any ammo, and will only get even more frustrated with how unintuitive the game is.

if new players would play the Tutorial they would know this, because thats covered in the Tutorial. Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

if new palyers wouldplay the Tutorial they would know this, because thats covere din the Tutorial.

Most players skip the tutorial, and for those who doesn't, it's not very straight forward. I'm not sure how anyone is supposed to purchase ammo without having any money on their newly created character either. People just want to quickly get into the game and see if it's enjoyable, and if their first impression of it is one of frustration, they're not very likely to stick around.

You say it's a minor thing, but so are alot of other things in APB that causes minor annoyances, which put together becomes a major impact on the enjoyment of the game. The biggest question is if having to purchase ammo makes the game better or not. Does this feature make the experience of the game better?
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ebola-Chan said:

You could always buy ammo in your inventory by using the little ammo button.
The joker vending machines were only used when you wanted to buy ammo for everything without having to switch between all the guns.

The key bind has always been "i" for inventory, and resupply was on "T" before it was automated, there wasn't any weird key bind.

14 hours ago, swft said:

There's really no point in having this in the game other than pissing people off for forgetting to buy ammo. It's a dumb mechanic that should've never been in the game, such as punishing players for doing well by making them P5/N5 and visible/killable by everyone in the district. Both stupid mechanics.
Disagree.
Get prepped for what you want to do.
Get real bish.

17 hours ago, saudauish said:

I restock at a car spawner after every mission.  Sometimes in during missions if I am using a lot of missiles (I love my volcano).

It's not an issue, just restock at any car spawner.