Seedy

Sick of getting rolled by groups of GOLDs in bronze /d

3 hours ago, B0N3EZ said:
Maybe with very brief time off that would explain his threat level fluctuating, i do agree though, threat really doesn't mean shit these days. That is a big problem these days but what can we really do until it's fixed?   Only thing is not every Gold threat player is the same. Some are complete dicks for no reason, especially the ones who get carried most of the the time. Same goes for the lot who get rolled and hackusate, but hey it's Apb gotta take what most people say with a grain of salt. It's pretty simple, take a screenshot and report it. easy enough, until something is put in place or just remove threat all together and just setup a rank system based on a players skill level. Just my two cents.
It hasnt meant anything in years, when its easier to obtain max rank then lowest rank your system is messed up. When you can obtain max rank without shooting a single bullet how is it reflecting ur lethality? Threat means how dangerous you are and not killing a single person is lethal in what way? Long story short bragging about threat with this current system and berating the lower threats has no point (we shouldnt be berating lower threats even if the system worked as its not cool). When max rank is hard to get and u have it yea maby u can boast but dont berate anyone. On another note I dont think the report system in game is functioning anymore as the last few reports I did didnt give a successful sent prompt. Edited by Darkzero3802

13 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

When you can obtain max rank without shooting a single bullet how is it reflecting ur lethality? Threat means how dangerous you are and not killing a single person is lethal in what way?

if threat was only meant to show how lethal a player is it would be based on something stupid like k/d ratio

also doesnt make much sense to say threat doesn’t mean anything and then turn around and elaborate on how incredibly easy it is to achieve gold

Just now, BXNNXD said:
if threat was only meant to show how lethal a player is it would be based on something stupid like k/d ratio

also doesnt make much sense to say threat doesn’t mean anything and then turn around and elaborate on how incredibly easy it is to achieve gold
Well I see someone doesnt get it. Its ok youll figure it out one day. Threat should reflect kills and obj evenly, obv it doesnt.

6 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:
Well I see someone doesnt get it. Its ok youll figure it out one day. Threat should reflect kills and obj evenly, obv it doesnt.
someone who only does objectives shouldn’t be punished for arguably contributing the most to the mission, likewise someone who only gets kills shouldnt be punished because that’s also an undeniably large factor for winning

this is currently the case, and i’m not sure how much more balanced it could be without adding additional ways to gain/lose score 

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
someone who only does objectives shouldn’t be punished for arguably contributing the most to the mission, likewise someone who only gets kills shouldnt be punished because that’s also an undeniably large factor for winning

this is currently the case, and i’m not sure how much more balanced it could be without adding additional ways to gain/lose score 
So if u can get max threat off of objectives only how exactly is that balanced? If it was balanced it would be impossible to do so wether obj only or kills only.

11 hours ago, The Regulator said:

have you seriously been playing since 11 but are still bronze/silver

Sums it up pretty well right here.

There's no threat integrity anyway; if you're not Gold, you're either new to the game/genre or you have a handicap or you play on a potato.  Not trying to sound mean here, but I'm Gold, so nuff said.

26 minutes ago, mynd said:
if you're not Gold, you're either new to the game/genre or you have a handicap or you play on a potato.
Or you often/always play alone, which puts you constantly with a team that will not coordinate with you 90% of the times. Pretty difficult to win when you know you're trying your hardest but your teammates either can't or won't give a flying damn.

Or you are dethreating so you can have easier opposition, or access to a wider player pool, or what-flippin-ever.

2 minutes ago, Solista2050 said:
Or you often/always play alone, which puts you constantly with a team that will not coordinate with you 90% of the times. Pretty difficult to win when you know you're trying your hardest but your teammates either can't or won't give a flying damn.

Or you are dethreating so you can have easier opposition, or access to a wider player pool, or what-flippin-ever.
Don't need to win to be gold. Doesn't matter if you get retards, just play well, get consistent higher scores and your threat will go up regardless. Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

7 hours ago, Cheeseburger! said:

You don't need to kill youself or team kill to dethreat.
True, but most real dethreaters I see intentionally team kill and suicide to lower their score for faster dethreating. There's also the players who refuse to play the mission, but most of those, at least from my experience, are not trying to dethreat, although they should be punished the same for wasting the opposition's time.

Are people saying you can be gold 10 by doing objectives and nothing else? tf?

• Like 1

Just made a brand new character so I started at level 9. very fist game I got teamed up with 2 golds and played against 3 other golds rank 151, 170, 230.
This was THE VERY FIRST GAME WITH MY NEW CHARACTER!

The team took all of the people on my team for 11 kills to 2 deaths each. That was 11 death for us EACH and 2 death for them each.

BTW I told my team this was a new character for me. I think both of there ranks was sub 50 and they were both gold?

Fair?

This must feel really great for new players.

quick ninja edit!

Think ill go send over all my good mods and upgrades to my new guy and play with noobs/reroles. See how I get on.

Edited by Seedy

I could be completely wrong here, but I feel the dethreating stemmed from two different aspects.

Gold players who didn't want to play against other golds because they thought a lot of them cheat(ed).

Gold players who don't want to play difficult matches and just want to stomp less experienced players for easy kills to make themselves feel better.

The former is left to the eyes of the beholder (given the incredibly large tear down the centre of the community on how many people supposedly cheat). Whereas the latter is just selfish. Some people are out there who want to stomp other players to feel better about themselves and APB is no exception. You can see the same stuff happening in other competitive games. However, this is usually done via smurfing (creating a brand new account to play against newer players).

That's how I see it. There are a few who don't play the mission because they know their enemy and don't want to repeatedly bash their head against a wall (metaphorically). I'm a culprit of this on one or two ocassions where I know the match will be frustrating and the chance of a win is 0, given what teammates I have and how much I could realistically contribute. However, I don't do this when I'm soloing as it's not fair for the others who are playing.

Sorry, retrospectively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Kempington said:

I could be completely wrong here, but I feel the dethreating stemmed from two different aspects.

Gold players who didn't want to play against other golds because they thought a lot of them cheat(ed).

Gold players who don't want to play difficult matches and just want to stomp less experienced players for easy kills to make themselves feel better.

The former is left to the eyes of the beholder (given the incredibly large tear down the centre of the community on how many people supposedly cheat). Whereas the latter is just selfish. Some people are out there who want to stomp other players to feel better about themselves and APB is no exception. You can see the same stuff happening in other competitive games. However, this is usually done via smurfing (creating a brand new account to play against newer players).

That's how I see it. There are a few who don't play the mission because they know their enemy and don't want to repeatedly bash their head against a wall (metaphorically). I'm a culprit of this on one or two ocassions where I know the match will be frustrating and the chance of a win is 0, given what teammates I have and how much I could realistically contribute. However, I don't do this when I'm soloing as it's not fair for the others who are playing.

Sorry, retrospectively.

if you remember the days of threat seggregation, a lot if dethreathrs actually admitted they don't want to be stressed playing against equal golds. Because its a game and they want to enjoy and relax.  Its weird because with dethreating they just cause this on others but worse because the skill level isn't even even anymore. It also kinda shows a bit of a very egoistic nature thats within these people. And LO hardly can fix this kind of issue. And the worst part might be that thes people either start cheating or stop playing, which both isn't good too.

The CEO said matchmaking not gonna be fixed before 3.5 o dou even right now the fixin is easy.When player choose district recommended tab must stay checked and players cant uncheck it.If player start to suicide excessively or teamkill on mission - kick to log in screen(ban for some hours if continues)Problem is dat not many people playn the game right now.This may work only for citadel

Edited by BingoBookBG

27 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

Because its a game and they want to enjoy and relax.

Most people are going to have to accept that APB is not a game you play to relax and enjoy.

I would like to play lazy and casually, but there's a lot of opp out there that plays very competitively.  The difference of whether I play APB at any time now comes down to whether I feel like trying to keep up or just do something else.

This kinda reminds me of how Quake Champions is now extremely hard to get into because all the old pros from Quake 3/Live are moving to Champions and getting matched up with newbies, though it's absolutely not intentional on their part while in APB it's done deliberately.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

1 hour ago, mynd said:
Most people are going to have to accept that APB is not a game you play to relax and enjoy.

I would like to play lazy and casually, but there's a lot of opp out there that plays very competitively.  The difference of whether I play APB at any time now comes down to whether I feel like trying to keep up or just do something else.

well PVP games are hardly enjoyable when the goal is winning. I remember playing chivalry was fun when the only purpose was toc hop someones limps of from time to time. but the moment it was about seriously trying to win the fun stopped and it turned out to be more "work" than fun.  I just fell its very wrong to go and have "fun" again on the expanse of others like dethreathers do. But yes atm this all is also areason I don't play APB that often anymore, way to much "work" or just stomping lowies, because the game gives you like 1 suilver and 3 bronzes. it's mising the truly equal mindset people atm. Thats also why car diversity died. everyone takes the best for just the bit of advantage.  make APB great again  (but dunno how tbh)

i find interesting the Twitch of Seedy, we can see some gameplay on bronze, with some 255 and some gold ...
fact is that  bronze as become an intermediate zone ,  no big clan, no big team ( no macro user, and "soft" cheater... )
most of 255 there play decently without thinkin of K/D ratio, just havin fun with evrybody,
and don t care if they win or loose ...
instead of threat system, maybe a competitive district ( with more option to find decent teamate ) and an other more in a "sandbox" way

16 minutes ago, SK4LP said:

i find interesting the Twitch of Seedy, we can see some gameplay on bronze, with some 255 and some gold ...
fact is that  bronze as become an intermediate zone ,  no big clan, no big team ( no macro user, and "soft" cheater... )
most of 255 there play decently without thinkin of K/D ratio, just havin fun with evrybody,
instead of threat system, maybe a competitive district ( with more option to find decent teamate ) and an other more in a "sandbox" way

Except we should already have such a thing - it's the reason why we have "mission" districts and "open" districts (these don't show the threat level and there is no real matchmaking, just pitting randoms against each other) - but I have yet to see whether it's an effective strategy or not. On paper, though, it sounds pretty awesome.

1 hour ago, mynd said:
Well, no, games are actually made to relax from other stressful activities, not to generate more stress, and turning every pastime into a second work is one of the many reasons why we can't have nice things.

Also, this whole concept APB as a competitive game is laughable at best. Real competitive games are far more balanced, far more intense, far more effortful and far more profitable. Being a god on DotA 2 (example given, you can replace it with any other game that made it to the "status" of eSport) at least nets you a lot of cash, but being a god on APB? Absolutely nothing.

I think there's a point where you can fight someone and learn nothing just because they're that much better than you.

You can learn from struggling against a better opponent, you can't learn if you just get facerolled. 
This, a lot. Although there is actually a lot to learn in utter defeat as well. I wouldn't like it either, but you don't always get to choose. Edited by Solista2050

23 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Remember when people were happy to play people better than them because they realised they not only learned the game in more detail but became better at the game at a faster progressed rate than if they had just played against others their own skill level or lower?

I think there's a point where you can fight someone and learn nothing just because they're that much better than you.

You can learn from struggling against a better opponent, you can't learn if you just get facerolled. 
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mynd said:

I don't play competitively, mostly just for fun. It's part of the reason why I abhor 1v1's.

21 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

well PVP games are hardly enjoyable when the goal is winning. I remember playing chivalry was fun when the only purpose was toc hop someones limps of from time to time. but the moment it was about seriously trying to win the fun stopped and it turned out to be more "work" than fun.  I just fell its very wrong to go and have "fun" again on the expanse of others like dethreathers do. But yes atm this all is also areason I don't play APB that often anymore, way to much "work" or just stomping lowies, because the game gives you like 1 suilver and 3 bronzes. it's mising the truly equal mindset people atm. Thats also why car diversity died. everyone takes the best for just the bit of advantage.  make APB great again  (but dunno how tbh)

Sums up pretty much everything with matchmaking, and the competitive v casual mindset.

14 minutes ago, SK4LP said:

We need a way to match-make players, even if it's "casual". although, the open conflict is a side-effect, it was originally intended to collect data on missions, and gameplay.... it's just overstayed it's welcome.
With the new gamemode proposed by MattScott, I hope it becomes the more competitive play.

5 minutes ago, Solista2050 said:

Except we should already have such a thing - it's the reason why we have "mission" districts and "open" districts (these don't show the threat level and there is no real matchmaking, just pitting randoms against each other) - but I have yet to see whether it's an effective strategy or not. On paper, though, it sounds pretty awesome.
Most people though don't want to play open conflict, as apparent by the lack of players in open conflict.
Remove threat segregation districts, remove visual threat, keep matchmaking, and move players into "open conflict" with better matchmaking, eventually cross district matchmaking, and there we go.

4 minutes ago, Fyre said:

Eventually, over time, from just playing, and reading, browsing forums, etc, you learn how to get better.
So, you do learn, just not instantaneously, or extremely quickly.

I understand that with your eyes they seem to be gold, but they are actually not. More like high silver players that are between silver and gold so please stop saying they be gold. They suck when they are playing against real golds, that's why they have to go to bronze to boost their ego

1 hour ago, Fyre said:

I disagree.

I have played a number of CSGO eSports teams at LANs at my previous work. I had no time played on the game. In the entire day of playing I think I won a single round. But despite being stomped in to the ground I learned at a hugely accelerated rate than if I had been playing normally; due to the circumstances I was forced to learn drastically. Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

On 7/29/2018 at 7:03 PM, Gamma64c said:

Im also sure that if I am at the receiving end of your skill and got pummeled good in a few rounds, asking advice how to better my gameplay would be given by you. You seem to be that kinda player
Cause you can totally learn from being 2 shotted nonstop by a csg, getting qs'd nonstop or getting sprayed in the face by a Yukon. Honestly, stop kidding yourself when someone, who's clearly new to the game is being stomped by a dethreater. Especially against someone who is purposely going to use whatever they can to make it as unfair as possible for new players and would also be unwillingly to be friendly to new players.

1 hour ago, LilyV3 said:
well PVP games are hardly enjoyable when the goal is winning. I remember playing chivalry was fun when the only purpose was toc hop someones limps of from time to time
I loved Chivalry to death really, and I played it very competitively. I do wish they would have found a way to make the game more appealing to the more casual player and give them some kind of safe space from the tryhard. To be fair, I was a real tryhard for my first 2k hours there. First 200h was a lot of frustration because I was still climbing the skill ladder in the game and learning it's mechanics, I got into it on release luckily so the ammount of people that were blatantly superior than me at the time wasn't that overwhelming. I am a good loser though, I learn a lot from losing and as such I don't mind being on a losing streak (up to a certain point of course). I remember evenings where I'd duel one or a couple of guys for the entire evening, sometimes more than 5 hours in a row, getting my arse litterally handed to me on a platter not letting me get past winning maybe 1/40 duels. But the satisfaction after I overcame that, oh the joys of it. When playing agains the average player in a team objective game, being able to dance around and take on 5+ people at a time with a decent chance of winning it or atleast making a multi-kill, so satisfying really. I worked really hard for it I'd say, like most skilled Chivalry players, but it sure didn't help the player base. I did a lot of noobstomping myself before realizing I maybe shouldn't tryhard on each occasion because it would take the fun out of it for the opposition. I learned a lot from that game, learning progress wise and socially speaking, all game related of course. Sorry about rambling on about an entirely different game btw, Chivalry just really has a special place in my heart and I am overcome by joy just remember those days and talking about it.