Sign in to follow this  
IGeertI

Help so that APB becomes great again

Is it possible to buy shares in APB: Reloaded? In the hope that more money will be released so that the game can one day become big again? Or that there is a possibility so that we as players can do something for the game. I have been playing the game since 2011 with my friends and I will be very sad if the game dies.

• Like 1

bro thinks he’s a venture capitalist lmao

just buy more stuff off armas

1 hour ago, vsb said:

bro thinks he’s a venture capitalist lmao

just buy more stuff off armas

I already do that, but maybe there are other ways.

Posted (edited)

1) No.
2) No.

3) Lmao. Trust me bud, you're in the same boat as the majority as the rest of the playerbase. We wish APB could be something greater. But LO is in a sinking ship they can't repair and they're 300 miles from the nearest drydock. But they're also too arrogant or too far gone to seek help or funding from someone who actually has the capability. They very clearly dont have it. I guarantee the team working on APB is in the single digits at this point, and the amount of actual DEVS is likely below 5 and probably working on other projects at the same time as well in order to just keep money flowing through the company.

LO's majority problems are that they have:

1) No process

- They have zero development process. No progress has been made. In the last what, 6 years, all they've done is upgraded APB to 64-bit so it stops crashing when it hits the RAM limit, and introduced a half-busted vehicle and some guns that Gamersfirst had already mostly completely but stuffed in some depths of the files. Oh, and removed Joker Boxes because the EU (and later the US) made buyable lootboxes illegal lol

2) No foreseeable future

Because of #1, there is no foreseeable future for this game. They're going to have an extremely tough time finding any investors for this game without putting a ton of time into a genuinely thorough and viable partnership roadmap and development plan. They claim they're working on an anticheat and Cross District Matchmaking, but I've seen absolutely zero progress reports on either of these in months. We have no information on anything, nobody tells us anything, there's no communication anywhere.

3) No standing ground

They have no ground to stand on. The game is 14 years old and crumbling beneath them. The playerbase was crumbling beneath them for years, and then, in a desperate attempt to salvage whatever they had left, decided to unban probably thousands of accounts (mine included). However, (contrary to what they said), this also included probably hundreds if not thousands of known cheaters who are now running around Jericho and Citadel blatantly aimbotting like there's no tomorrow and actively ruining everyone's time because THERES NO ANTICHEAT AT ALL. Great job LO, fantastic work, really though that one through, did ya?

4) No viable method of achieving success alone

As I stated, their staff is likely down to single digits, and they're probably bottoming out on funding as it is. From what I've managed to gather, their customer support team is down to TWO people, who have to deal with a 3rd party support system and a 14 year old game, that's gotta be a fun time lmao, $5 says they're both on antidepressants, I probably would be too in their position.

The company has no viable method of bringing this game to any sort of viable life status without outside help, whether they like it or not. They've made jack shit for progress on their own. All those years of work on the "Engine Update" is effectively null and void and could've been spent literally just rebuilding the game from the ground up in UE4 and then upgrading to 5 when that came out.

Anyway, thats my rant lol.

Edited by NotTheEnforcer
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, IGeertI said:

Is it possible to buy shares in APB: Reloaded? In the hope that more money will be released so that the game can one day become big again? Or that there is a possibility so that we as players can do something for the game. I have been playing the game since 2011 with my friends and I will be very sad if the game dies.

Like the development, you're losing money and can't afford to continue losing them.

• Like 1

LO has some fundamental issues when it comes to running a business.

And everything that is done in a buss is partially reflected inherently to Marketing. 

As I've said before, the company does one good thing, that thing will be remembered and 

repeated to others for up to two months before it is forgotten. 

The company does one bad thing it can be remembered and repeated to others, 

for average of two years. 

So LO's past actions are gonna be added to todays opinions. 

Lets start with the years it took to install eac after removing FF. 

So years went by with zero ac, they desegregated claiming population was low after they killed it

by turning off FF, both only helping hackers and the few golds we had. So from then on everything 

was against the casual legit player.

Ya had people with names like EAC bypass hanging out in district with gm's.

To my knowledge eac rarely banned any aimbot or combat hackers. 

Only a few designers and a Legit. Word is that the Legit they banned moved on.

U bring us this half baked car, and I buy one knowing the cop lights aren't on it yet.

Then to be told that the 'Parts' for the car are just 'Sitting' there. 

And then, Oh btw we are getting rid of eac because it Sucks, Well Ya it does, 

We been telling you that since the idea was born.

But were gonna turn it off and have no AC and we're gonna let in all the people ever banned. 

This Man is Crazy. 

Now I remind everyone this is not a general Mack rant, these are reasons why LO has no funding.

You can't operate in this backwards way, when it looks like you're trying to ruin your own company. 

To be Devils advocate; I think the joker store was and still is a great thing, this has had a major role in 

in income and population. No more is it only the Rich Whales that can have Legendary's, 

a player does not have to spend real money to get these things, you can earn the tickets. 

Also the new 'Escalation' feature is really cool.

Armas Sales are good, but elementary math shows that if you want to sell a car, you will sell more if 

it is finished, and has kits, lights, ect. And the software is just 'Sitting There',

Sir why are You Not leaning over a terminal  with sweat upon your brow fixing this? @MattScott

You have loads of income potential by putting sound kits on the cars that you do have, that dont have it. 

You put in a decent Anticheat and your numbers will Soar!

• Like 2

And to think 4 guys that didn't know how to make video games made Palworld, moved it from unity to unreal and finished it in 3 years.

Sir, we are sinking, we have a hole in the bottom! 
Don't talk nonsense, sailor, we just repaired the engine!

On 7/17/2024 at 6:07 AM, Yapopal said:

a hole

no, more like all that's left is the bridge and an alarm going off... no controls left on the boat

On 7/15/2024 at 4:38 PM, IGeertI said:

I am sure that money is not the main issue here, it is the lack of responsibility and honesty from Little Orbit. It would be a dumb move to buy shares from such a company that until today proved they can not be trusted. This project has no future, not even when the engine update comes due to how the game generally feels, which screams outdated game ideas and mechanisms. I do hope to be wrong about everything said, but unfortunately it seems to be the truth and always be and our only hope to think at least about a revive, would be for a decent and motivated company to decide to buy this franchise. 

Why not burn some money and atleast be warm in the cold than supporting a a game that is in a state beyond being a zombie.

A more than perfect example what happens when you buy a sunken ship  and try to milk some addicted players giving them false hopes of revival but you yourself is sinking from all the lies and Incompetency.

It's Too Late. 

The Ship has Sank. 

The Crew Abandoned Ship.

It is Over. 

8 hours ago, Shikoba said:

Well, that was abrupt.

RJhIZPW.jpg

looks like the botnet subscription LO was using to increase to steam numbers finally expired 🙂

A natural consequence of voip no longer being in use. Social Districts will go out with it, especially on NA.

there's no shame in letting go, but it's certainly unhealthy to think this game can shine again

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, LilyRain said:

A natural consequence of voip no longer being in use. Social Districts will go out with it, especially on NA.

Voip has been gone for Years, since before LO, Social has never been Social, its for people 

selling (outside of the peps using the designers). It is all WTT/WTS/WTB spam.

Nor is the Social area of this forum for Socializing, Mod's will delete any sort of friendly 

thread. So it's not like I could open a thread regarding the price of eggs, or I might write about 

the good time I had at Red Robbers beings it was so loud I couldn't hear myself think, 

but the food was "Yummm". Then ya gotta cross the "Mall Baby" line to get back to the car.

So the Mall wont let U young sweatys in, so theres no less than 50 14 yr olds, dressed in jackets 

and other winter wear, sitting in a large group outside the Mall doors. And it's 113 degrees out. 

I Freeze in my tracks, hold out my arm to stop my wife and in-laws from taking another step. 

I point at the sweatys and hollar out, "Golds"

LO figures that Hate generates numbers and revenue, must be why they're letting all these haters run 

Amok in district. They are not fond of Happiness or friendly banter. 

NA in general will end up being closed soon as the LO and the sweatys are done removing

or dissuading Legits from playing.  Welp, fine my me, Let it Burn. 

Really is too bad, but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

if they wanted to fix the entire game they couldve handed the game to me, since i have 200 iq i would know how to fix everything

You can't invest in APB or Little Orbit since they are a private company but i agree the company needs some outside capital.

Maybe bring in some Tesla Engineers to look at the code and get Elon Musk to stream it on X.

1 hour ago, tuktukdriver said:

You can't invest in APB or Little Orbit since they are a private company but i agree the company needs some outside capital.

Maybe bring in some Tesla Engineers to look at the code and get Elon Musk to stream it on X.

I'm not a financial expert, nor am I clued in to the stock market that much so don't take my word as gospel but that wouldn't be a good financial decision.

Maybe buy a some joker boxes, that would give you something at least while throwing your money into a black hole.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Shini said:

joker boxes,

There are no more joker boxes, You buy or earn joker tickets now. 

So I farm these tickets in the Hope that some day, there will be more than

just B.B. guns to buy. 

Its hard to get a player to spend if you keep offending the player but that aside. 

So in the players case, it is Fun that is the product, and to the financial investor, 

his interest is in profit. The investors gonna look at the sales numbers, the pop numbers.

He's not gonna look at the gun I am talking about, he is gonna look at the over all sales figures. 

He's gonna look at sales and pop and compare it to modern newer games.

It's like trying kill mice or bugs with bait food pellets, Why would the mouse eat your 

bait pellets when there is a nice fermented slice of pizza.

It's like that tv show The Money Pit"

• Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 5:38 AM, ninjarrrr said:

looks like the botnet subscription LO was using to increase to steam numbers finally expired 🙂

LO's too incompetent to pull that off. Most likely it's accounts being farmed for other games.

On 7/15/2024 at 5:38 PM, IGeertI said:

if you want shares than u need to take shares of LO. tbh i have no idea if LO does shares.

if you wantto invest in LO - https://www.littleorbit.com/investors/

if you want to create stuff that LO can use. wait til they accept Content created by the community. at this point they probebly want to spend money on other ways.