Jump to content
Snappy

N-TEC 7 'Ursus' with Piercing

Recommended Posts

i think id rather have mag pull

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AgentWatson said:
Piercing is really overrated. 
agreed, it just doesnt pierce enough stuff (mainly cars imo) for it to be useful enough to give up a mod slot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You lost no mod Slot. Ntec U rsus have only One. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It keeps the open mod slot too, so you can keep the Improved Rifling 3 in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AgentWatson said:
6 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

i think id rather have mag pull

Piercing is really overrated. 
5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
6 hours ago, AgentWatson said:
Piercing is really overrated. 
agreed, it just doesnt pierce enough stuff (mainly cars imo) for it to be useful enough to give up a mod slot
i don't like this nested quote stuff. It'll get ugly real quick.

Anyways, being able to shoot through objects like trash containers, pallets, destructable advertisements, etc is very powerful. There are hall ways and alley ways that specifically have these items in them to provide some sort of cover and piercing effectively ignores all of that. Edited by Spudinskes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Snappy said:
TCp5cXS.png

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
oh, man, that looks sick :classic_love: then I would love my ursus even more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spudinskes said:
i don't like this nested quote stuff. It'll get ugly real quick.

Anyways, being able to shoot through objects like trash containers, pallets, destructable advertisements, etc is very powerful.
it nests quotes like 50% of the time, i have no idea what the forums are doing lately

i think the piercing mod is more viable on cqc weapons since im more likely to be chasing people around destructible cover with them, hence why we got the cap40 sergeant i assume
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:
it nests quotes like 50% of the time, i have no idea what the forums are doing lately

i think the piercing mod is more viable on cqc weapons since im more likely to be chasing people around destructible cover with them, hence why we got the cap40 sergeant i assume
 
I get your point however one effective strat for the ntec in cqc is to corner lean while showing as little of your hitbox as possible. Being able to corner lean behind some items without even having to show your hitbox at all i can imagine would be extremely powerful. Edited by Spudinskes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spudinskes said:
I get your point however one effective strat for the ntec in cqc is to corner lean while showing as little of your hitbox as possible. Being able to corner lean behind some items without even having to show your hitbox at all i can imagine would be extremely powerful.
fair point

if they ever make cars pierceable i fear the new meta will instantly become driving up to opp in a pioneer and getting out on the other side of the car for a kill without ever needing to expose yourself lol

maybe cars should stay solid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They would probably make more money just making the Piercing mod a new "legendary" drop from the JMB XXX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, illgot said:

They would probably make more money just making the Piercing mod a new "legendary" drop from the JMB XXX.

Shaw with piercing... juck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sniperturtle said:

OP asf. Please don't make this, it'd be the biggest game spoiler in like 10 years.

Thankfully it's just an error on the banner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Piercing mod in general is really lackluster. In addition to suffering a significant damage reduction on the second target (basically doing nothing to the third, where it stops), the things it pierces through are inconsistent. Not to mention that if it's piercing through something you're hiding behind, you're being treated as the second target and are thus getting hit with the gimped damage.

Them adding it to the Ursus would be a bit silly at this point, but it wouldn't really change much in how the weapon functions. The situations where it would actually take advantage of the mod are very few and far between. There's a reason it was created for an SMG (the Sergeant, specifically), because the mod is at its best in tight spaces where the enemy will often stack as they fight.
 

Edited by Hexerin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Excalibur! said:

Why is that f looking to the left side?

???
AVJm6.png Edited by G4B3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BXNNXD said:
fair point

if they ever make cars pierceable i fear the new meta will instantly become driving up to opp in a pioneer and getting out on the other side of the car for a kill without ever needing to expose yourself lol

maybe cars should stay solid
The biggest issue with piercing cars from a design standpoint is that it breaks the game logic. You can't damage people while they're inside vehicles due to the way the game works (you essentially become the vehicle), but the player model is still visible. If you could pierce cars this would lead to a situation where if people are lined up correctly, you can shoot directly through a passenger inside a vehicle doing no damage to them, but hit and damage someone on the other side.

It doesn't make any sense and that along with the balance concerns you raised is why vehicle piercing didn't and won't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×