Sign in to follow this  
Emily

Patch Notes 02/03

Hi everyone,

As many of you have noticed, yesterday's patch was not a "quick server fix" as announced but was rather Phase 1 of the ground up rewrite which moved matchmaking logic off the district server. We have had this system in development for many months and did several rounds of testing. But we recognize it is impossible to fully test matchmaking without fully releasing it to the public. We are looking forward to future updates that will expand functionality to continue to improve matches.

Below you can find the patch notes to the latest build:

- The Matchmaking system has been redesigned.

- VIP missions have been disabled once more in both Fight Club and mission districts.

- Fight Club now only requires one player of each faction to start a match.

- The Mirage now has its own inventory icons rather than using those of the Sungnyemun Moirai.

- The Sungnyemun Mirage can now be found as a living city vehicle replacing the Sungnyemun Moirai for some time.

Known issues:

- Rarely, upon calling backup, the game fails to add players that existed on the world server but have left the district they're in.

- Finding backup for missions that originally started as a 2vs2 or 4vs4 may take longer than intended.

- Players of higher threat may still be considered in matches against eligible threat in cases where players have waited an extreme period of time.

- Players who were removed or left a mission are eligible to be re-added in some cases where they should not be.

- The system that determines who should be a Teams leader is not working as intended.

- There is a very rare desync issue that causes one team to have more members than the other team.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Emily said:

- VIP missions have been disabled once more in both Fight Club and mission districts.

and whats wrong with it in FC when theres double VIP?and why wasnt tried the double vip on mission dist as well or somethin else?just no words man..keep removin stuff from the game and addin 0

Btw many people complain about explosive weapons-think they have no place in apb.Also about the tdm final mission stage.Some thinks must be removed as well.I suggest start removin all of this(not to mention dmr,pmg,kevlar..)The only thing left must be the creme de la crime mission with the 10 stages and the barell at the end...

Edited by TheMessiah

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

and whats wrong with it in FC when theres double VIP?and why wasnt tried the double vip on mission dist as well or somethin else?

VIP missions are simply unbalanced and depending on how many players are in a mission the Attacking Lives vs VIP lives difference always favors one team heavily.

VIP on Fight Club is also pretty bad because barely anyone plays around their teams VIP which leaves them alone to be hunted down by a bunch of players whilst also being able to be tracked in real time, its not a fun experience and a lot of players have started to simply leave the district and then rejoin it if they get picked as VIP because it is simply not fun.

• Like 2

So, we didn't have any changes to the weapons a lot of ppl were talking about? Like the LCR and the CR 762?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmeL said:

So, we didn't have any changes to the weapons a lot of ppl were talking about? Like the LCR and the CR 762?

We did, though they are missing from the patch notes, will probably be fixed.

5 hours ago, Frosi said:

its not a fun experience and a lot of players have started to simply leave the district and then rejoin it if they get picked as VIP because it is simply not fun.

The entire game is not fun then.Attackin any objective(mission dist)where theres already another team defendin it is also not fun.Idk 1 person enjoyn dat.Maybe disablin/closin the entire game is the best idea at this point..

Edited by TheMessiah

Don't seem to be much change, the wait is a bit longer.

Seems like a bunch of Perfect aimers.

And You have peanuts for rewards, ya don't even pay a decent amount of cash, or JT's n 

as usual the city is full of random named golds. Ah not for me.  Peace

12 hours ago, Frosi said:

a lot of players have started to simply leave the district and then rejoin it if they get picked as VIP because it is simply not fun.

Sore losers, if you get upset about being VIP in FC maybe you take this game a little too serious.

funny it's always a certain group of players that will leave, on rotation. 😄

23 hours ago, Frosi said:

Please tell us what is the reason for the buff of the CR 762 rifle? Unscrupulous players use the vulnerabilities of the game and this rifle for their own nasty purposes.

On 2/5/2024 at 1:40 PM, Frosi said:

VIP missions are simply unbalanced and depending on how many players are in a mission the Attacking Lives vs VIP lives difference always favors one team heavily.

VIP on Fight Club is also pretty bad because barely anyone plays around their teams VIP which leaves them alone to be hunted down by a bunch of players whilst also being able to be tracked in real time, its not a fun experience and a lot of players have started to simply leave the district and then rejoin it if they get picked as VIP because it is simply not fun.

You dirty man! you correct with it.

3 hours ago, Yapopal said:
On 2/5/2024 at 2:50 PM, Frosi said:

Please tell us what is the reason for the buff of the CR 762 rifle? Unscrupulous players use the vulnerabilities of the game and this rifle for their own nasty purposes.

CR 762 the only buff they need is removing that stupid increased bloom with just pressing a little W-A-S-D while in markmanship mode... same especially for NSSW and especially HVR weapon/ variants ... it's BS and unpleasant to use, nobody use or buy HVR for that reason.

3 hours ago, Yapopal said:

What was changed recently?

They nerfed the CR762's damage and range a while back. I felt that was too much of a nerf. It dropped it's damage to the same value as having heavy barrel 3 on the pre-nerf version, but without the bloom reduction.

It's obvious this patch was going to go poorly. Tests had 90% of the system disabled. You relied on the players to test it, when you could have done all the testing in 1 day with a single workstation and a dozen APB instances logged in with random accounts and random threat data. It's obvious it's not matching threat properly. I got multiple matches with 2 golds vs 2 bronze. Those matches don't happen on the old matchmaking. It would match in a 3rd player for the 2 bronze team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BlatMan said:

What was changed recently?

They nerfed the CR762's damage and range a while back. I felt that was too much of a nerf. It dropped it's damage to the same value as having heavy barrel 3 on the pre-nerf version, but without the bloom reduction.

It's obvious this patch was going to go poorly. Tests had 90% of the system disabled. You relied on the players to test it, when you could have done all the testing in 1 day with a single workstation and a dozen APB instances logged in with random accounts and random threat data. It's obvious it's not matching threat properly. I got multiple matches with 2 golds vs 2 bronze. Those matches don't happen on the old matchmaking. It would match in a 3rd player for the 2 bronze team.

They've posted the weapon balance in the LO discord, basically they reverted this cr 762 nerf, putting back the effective range and increasing the dmg a little bit, basically to indirectly balance the OBIR which was pretty much the only option to the Rifle role (and imo it's still is).

They've also buffed LCR in the fire rate interval and bloom per shot

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EmeL said:

They've posted the weapon balance in the LO discord, basically they reverted this cr 762 nerf, putting back the effective range and increasing the dmg a little bit, basically to indirectly balance the OBIR which was pretty much the only option to the Rifle role (and imo it's still is).

whats the point of balancing weapons in a game full of hackers?

hint there isnt any

How about fix the sound bugs in-game.  It can't be that hard to remove gas pump and vehicle spawn machines sounds.   Can we have the option to disable  X gift was opened whisper, players were never asked if they wanted that spam.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, EmeL said:

Thanks for sharing... I hope next they patch, staff'll  give a though about remove that so disappointing  increased bloom from HVR when just pressing a little W-A-S -D . . . and add a Gold OPGL 3 slot in Armas or JT marketplace such as Osnaw already available.

Edited by PingOVER9000

Thank you for listening to us and re-disabling VIP missions!

On 2/7/2024 at 4:04 AM, PingOVER9000 said:

Thanks for sharing... I hope next they patch, staff'll  give a though about remove that so disappointing  increased bloom from HVR when just pressing a little W-A-S -D . . . and add a Gold OPGL 3 slot in Armas or JT marketplace such as Osnaw already available.

The HVR is overpowered. It needed a nerf for years now

On 2/11/2024 at 5:28 PM, Darkzero3802 said:

The HVR is overpowered. It needed a nerf for years now

Short Answer:  When jumpshotting and quickswitch was an option, Sure,  HVR Was embarassing overpowered , but talking of Nowadays/last years  there's not any reason enough to justify the use of this weapon, LO or staff didnt balance well this weapon, they've resolved nothing at the end,  they buffed other long range weapons or just Players've swtiched to other already good alternatives or likewise versatile better, so changed nothing except there's an unnecessary weapon more in the locker getting dust, aka just players as me and a lot, robbed of their purchase.

Long Answer: Dont get me wrong, I am agree with you, HVR needed a significant nerf, and I liked some of the starting changes on the  jumpshotting/quickswitching nerf,  the matter started when at the end LO or WhoEver decide to Overnerfed the Hvr they've added too much restrictions mechanis making the weapon worthless and frustating, Un-Fun to use compared to others long range weapons 

OFC, just looking the single change not everything is bad, for ex. togheter with jumshot/quickswitch nerf, the max damage reduction could've been a good adding for closing the circle, but here we've to count all the overall several changes alltogheter, one may come to the conclusion finding or questionate if the nerfs were more a matter for KIlling and removing the HVR from the meta than balancing it.

Below in my weak opinion what I retain made the HVR a total dogsh*t and a robbery to who bought one from armas:

1) When equipped or moving from then passing to markmanship mode,  there's this sort of long "transiction time" where  the player have to wait around 1 sec before the bloom accuracy drop enough for firing a precise shot

___ NOTE: a player may use HMS and ""counter" a little this mechanic, but still a matter if it's one using HS ... anyway this long transiction time I've no idea how and why justify this change if I was a devs/ tester . . . except directly trying making worthless the HVR 😂, right @Frosi. @GhosT &  company etc?

2) While being in markmanship mode with HVR, just moving a little the character increase subtiantaly the bloom of the crosshair and so increase the changes of missing a shots, this's a so completely Un-necessary change in my weak opinion which killed HVR and make the weapon totally un-fun to use with the several missing shots in long runs . . . Other weapons like Obeya, NSSW  etc share the similar unpleasant mechanic but a bare least they've a lot of  faster firing rate, but still ...

3) the great damage reduction in 5/10 m (? I dont remind honestly)  is also something questionable and quite annoying, it shall be revisted maybe, it may be reduced to very close range like max 1/3m,  there is already the slower quickswitch and slow fire rate of the HVR making wonders.

it's years players made some complain especially about these first two mechanics not getting reverted. . . The drop usage from players SpeAK , not big supraise almost nobody use it and switched to more solid long range weapons, Staff or SPCT whatever totally killed the fun and viability to use the closest thing to the most sniper weapon of this game. 😟

So I guess Mirage issues were not addresed other than "icon"?

Broken distance low-res image of it, lack of support for police sirens (game-changer for me... you saying pseudo Dodge Charger can't be cop car? LAME), zero customization (3 types of wheels as "customization feature" are joke, not a customization)?

Also why it's suddenly city car? And had to replace Morai to that?