MattScott

APB Reloaded Console Sunset

7 hours ago, Nickolai said:

Let's hope that is true. 

In my head I am imagining they are planning to release it on PS5/Xbox X when they can make it run smoothly. 

Maybe one day...

It has been said during the 2022 AMA, look at the 40 minute mark where Matt starts talking about console

Guess this was bound to happen sooner rather than later due to the issues with consoles limitations, RIP console.

Edited by mattskoii

10 hours ago, (PS4)DeviantAmatus said:

What about those of us that have both Xbox and PS characters? Would we have to make separate accounts for each console to migrate them into? Or will it be a mash up of all consoles characters?

This is a great question. We tested a variation of this scenario and it worked. We will make sure that players can select the same PC account to merge their PS4 characters to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Ckausion said:

so i did all the steps according to the instructions and it said that my characters are migrated and when i logged into my gamersfirst account none of my characters were there 

Please open a ticket with support. They can figure out what happened.
You can reach support at: https://support.gamersfirst.com or can email support@gamersfirst.com

12 hours ago, Criminale said:

I was wondering for those players whom already spent money on both PC and Console on separate emails, is there a possibility of merging the accounts so if you have both a Console and PC account already with G1C purchases on both accounts, can you just merge the both together? I don't want to transfer between both my console account that's transferring over to Pc while I already have a PC account. 

The key requirement is that your PC account has to have logged into the game at least once. Other than that, you can migrate your Xbox progress over to an existing PC account (it doesn't have to be made specifically for the migration).

13 hours ago, Zypectrumm said:

The PC game engine could have been upgraded to console level, cross-platform support could have been introduced, and the servers could have been combined. But unfortunately little orbit is not a company that can do this.

Everything is possible, but that's only in theory

it wasn't reasonable for LO to keep console running because the codebase is just fundamentally broken, but also vastly different

LO isn't a multibillion game company with a team or 100 developers solely for APB

Edited by Ketog

On 1/17/2024 at 1:37 PM, MattScott said:

The key requirement is that your PC account has to have logged into the game at least once. Other than that, you can migrate your Xbox progress over to an existing PC account (it doesn't have to be made specifically for the migration).

Would the stuff we purchase on Console would count for the loyalty rewards on PC once we merge accounts?

Merged.

Not only that, will the stuff that we have on console will transfer over to our current PC characters? Let's say that if I own a dog ear on my console character that's account lifetime, then I transfer it over to my PC, will that Dog Ear be in my mail box for my current characters that already exist on PC that doesn't own it?

11 hours ago, Yukate said:

What about people who plays both, console and PC? Looks like we could "add" merged characters to our existing PC account but what with those with maximum character slots?

Update for the people who have maximum characters slots on PC and are looking to transfer:

I've contacted support and they can confirm that you will receive free character slots so you have space to migrate over. Proof is here.

• Like 1

Okay well that’s unfortunate.

in my case, I have about 15 total character across two Xbox accounts and a Playstation account. 

If I were to transfer everything (if I can) into ONE PC account, Im guessing I’d have to rename all my characters and lose the names they had? Would all my account bound purchases apply to my PC account? Do we get to keep all of our characters stats intact (playtime, kill count?). Will all of our Cash, JT, and G1C transfer aswell?

If we do transfer, would all our console purchases also apply for loyalty rewards on PC? 

This news really blows for me because I spent a ton of money and time on this game and it hurts to see it go, but hopeful if we can transfer every single thing without losing anything in the process. 

I likely wont play too much on PC anyway since I cant play Keyboard and Mouse too well but hopefully we can go back to console in the future if that ever happens 😞

edit: Also I have a Gamersfirst account but play off a Steam account on PC that uses the same email, how do I know which account to transfer to?

Edited by DeadlyHellhound

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Shame PC players can’t merge multiple accounts. 

That would first require them to acknowledge other accounts as belonging to you, which they adamantly refuse to do. I've tried getting them to release my CBT account back to me, but nothing but crickets in return.

Can anyone confirm if clothing items currently stored in the Mailbox transfer over?

My plan to migrate depends on whether these items along with my APB in-game money will flawlessly transfer over.

Any information is appreciated!

This should boost pc playerbase by a bit but I don't think it will do much given game's current state, especially once ex-console players get matched against veterans who are playing since 2010 or opposition that never miss any shots.

Edited by Weaboos
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, MattScott said:

Dear APB Reloaded Console Community,

After careful consideration and evaluation of various factors, Little Orbit and PLAION have decided to sunset APB Reloaded on console platforms. This decision was not made lightly, and we understand that it may come as disappointing news to our dedicated console players who have waited patiently for upgrades and fixes to the game.

The decision to discontinue APB Reloaded on consoles was driven by a combination of technical challenges, resource constraints, and the evolving landscape of gaming. We want to ensure that our players have the best possible gaming experience, and unfortunately, sustaining the game on console platforms has proven increasingly challenging.

• For Xbox players, we previously experienced issues preventing players from making any purchases, but we were able to keep the servers online. Unfortunately, you will have noticed that APB Xbox is currently experiencing technical issues, and the game is currently offline. Unfortunately, we are now unable to bring the game back online.
  • For PlayStation 4 players, we will begin the sunset phase starting February 1st through August 2nd. As of February 1st, we will be disabling all monetization for these players. This wasn't an easy decision, and we understand the impact it has on our gaming community, but it was unavoidable.

As a small consolation, we have created the ability for console players to migrate their characters to PC. APB Reloaded will continue to be available and supported on the PC platform. We encourage console players who wish to continue their APB Reloaded experience to consider joining the PC community.

We want to express our sincere gratitude to the APB Reloaded console community for the creativity, dedication, and support you have shown over the years. We are here to support you through this transition, and our customer service team is available for any questions or concerns you might have.

You can reach support at: https://support.gamersfirst.com or can email support@gamersfirst.com

Thank you for being a part of the APB Reloaded community. We appreciate your understanding and continued support as we navigate these changes.

Thanks,
Matt

Hey will you be adding any controller support for the console players?

some of use have physical limitations that do not allow us to use mouse and keyboard, thanks

On 1/17/2024 at 12:57 AM, MattScott said:

After careful consideration and evaluation of various factors, Little Orbit have decided to sunset APB Reloaded on PC platform

Next year 

That's not a prediction, that's a spoiler

😜

Hello Matt, I have a few questions regarding about all this. I've been a member of the console community since 2017 and I have been waiting for an update for over 5 years ever since you guys took control of APB, but kinda disappointed that it came down to this ending. Here are my following Questions:

1. Since I do have multiple accounts, is it possible for me to actually merge all of them into 1 GamersFirst account? I have around 5-6 Characters spread across my accounts and I wouldn't want to have 1 GamersFirst account for each Console account I've had.

2. Will we get some sort of compensation for this happening? I mean we are losing the platform we've been playing on. It was fair for you guys to not do something about this since we technically were 1 Engine Upgrade ahead of PC, while PC had the new content like newly released Weapons, the new car, clothing etc. But now that Console is being shut down what would we get once we first tune in on PC?

3. Personally I've spent more than 400$ on my account, buying account bound weapons and packs such as Juggernaut Pack, Revelations Pack, Key To The City Pack and even some Jokerboxes since they are still around there. I've read that there is some loyalty rewards thing going on, and would my spending count towards it?

4. I am also a symbol designer and sometimes make clothes too, if I switch to PC, would all of it go to PC without any issues or will there be a level of distortion and make me have to rework on the designs on my Avatar, Symbols and Vehicles.

5. Will we get the opportunity for us to get past event items/titles? Like I've pointed out before, we didn't get around 5-6 years worth of updates, so I'd like to know if we will be given the opportunity to get those.

6. Would there be a day where you guys would revive the game back on consoles, but with the new Generation Hardware? I mean it's obvious that I will get slandered on by whatever diehard PC player around here with them saying console is a mistake or whatever. But at the same time console is just more accessible to the community, while also giving the chance that others from there may spend a lot more compared to PC players, since you also said that "Console users spends as much if not more than PC players". I guess it'll take a lot of effort to do rerelease APB on Consoles, but at least there wouldn't be the same drawbacks you guys had with working on 2 different codebases, and would ultimately make the game available for everyone.

That is all, I hope that ultimately everything would turn alright, only thing that we may appreciate is for you guys to turn on Voice Chat for one last time before it's all gone, I guess we deserve at least that while it lasts.

Have a nice day 😁

1 hour ago, apdnoo said:

Hello Matt, I have a few questions regarding about all this. I've been a member of the console community since 2017 and I have been waiting for an update for over 5 years ever since you guys took control of APB, but kinda disappointed that it came down to this ending. Here are my following Questions:

1. Since I do have multiple accounts, is it possible for me to actually merge all of them into 1 GamersFirst account? I have around 5-6 Characters spread across my accounts and I wouldn't want to have 1 GamersFirst account for each Console account I've had.

2. Will we get some sort of compensation for this happening? I mean we are losing the platform we've been playing on. It was fair for you guys to not do something about this since we technically were 1 Engine Upgrade ahead of PC, while PC had the new content like newly released Weapons, the new car, clothing etc. But now that Console is being shut down what would we get once we first tune in on PC?

3. Personally I've spent more than 400$ on my account, buying account bound weapons and packs such as Juggernaut Pack, Revelations Pack, Key To The City Pack and even some Jokerboxes since they are still around there. I've read that there is some loyalty rewards thing going on, and would my spending count towards it?

4. I am also a symbol designer and sometimes make clothes too, if I switch to PC, would all of it go to PC without any issues or will there be a level of distortion and make me have to rework on the designs on my Avatar, Symbols and Vehicles.

5. Will we get the opportunity for us to get past event items/titles? Like I've pointed out before, we didn't get around 5-6 years worth of updates, so I'd like to know if we will be given the opportunity to get those.

6. Would there be a day where you guys would revive the game back on consoles, but with the new Generation Hardware? I mean it's obvious that I will get slandered on by whatever diehard PC player around here with them saying console is a mistake or whatever. But at the same time console is just more accessible to the community, while also giving the chance that others from there may spend a lot more compared to PC players, since you also said that "Console users spends as much if not more than PC players". I guess it'll take a lot of effort to do rerelease APB on Consoles, but at least there wouldn't be the same drawbacks you guys had with working on 2 different codebases, and would ultimately make the game available for everyone.

That is all, I hope that ultimately everything would turn alright, only thing that we may appreciate is for you guys to turn on Voice Chat for one last time before it's all gone, I guess we deserve at least that while it lasts.

Have a nice day 😁

Man just plug in the controller into the pc man.

13 hours ago, Weaboos said:

This should boost pc playerbase by a bit but I don't think it will do much given game's current state, especially once ex-console players get matched against veterans who are playing since 2010 or opposition that never miss any shots.

lol played today I was getting smoked lmao I wasn't tripping though cause I'm still trying to learn KB&M

I've seen the couple of requests for controller support. I'm adding that to our "todo" list. I know it will help console players who are transitioning, and it will make the eventual port of 1.30 back to console easier.

@apdnoo asked a lot of good questions, so I'm going to try and go through them one by one here.

8 hours ago, apdnoo said:

You can merge multiple console accounts down to a single PC account. We even raised the f2p cap on the PC account so that you can merge in more than the default 2 character slots. There are account theft / security issues involved in merging PC accounts which is why we dont current allow that.

This is an active conversation internally, and it's something I want to do. We just haven't come up with what the reward will be yet. Stay tuned.

We tried to pull across as much as is technically feasible. These are still older systems on the backend, so there were a couple limitations. I honestly have no idea if the spending from console counts towards PC loyalty rewards at this point. I'm checking on that.

In theory, all the symbols should work. However, we've noticed in the past there were some distortion issues between console and PC. My guess is that the 2.0 console code had slightly different math for projecting the symbols. So there is a decent likelihood that there will be some rework necessary. Honestly, I would love to get your feedback once you log in and check things out so we can get a sense how things came across. This entire process had to happen relatively fast for business reasons between PLAION and Little Orbit. We didn't get to test things as much as I would have liked.

Generally, we've been stuck recycling events due to the focus being on Matchmaking and Cross-District play. But I'll make sure to highlight this for the event team so that we make sure older rewards are offered as we go forward.

I'll go on record saying that I would love to release a clean, updatable version of APB on console. The 2.0 version from Reloaded was a mess. I've said it before, but it bears repeating, I have no idea how Microsoft and Sony approved it, because any changes we wanted to submit required a full "resubmission". Ignoring all of that, the current district setup for APB is problematic for low populations in general. We've seen that with both Xbox and Playstation 4. The gold, silver, bronze threat system really breaks down if you can't fill even a single district.

Having said that, the 1.30 64-bit upgrade was a big step in supporting modern hardware. All of our upcoming matchmaking changes are aimed at fixing some of the backend issues. And cross-district matchmaking will take that a step further. If we were to add controller support at that point, then there wouldn't be too much left to do in order to resubmit back to Microsoft and Sony.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, MattScott said:

This is an active conversation internally, and it's something I want to do. We just haven't come up with what the reward will be yet. Stay tuned.

Entirely obscure thing but if we merge our accounts, is it possible the console weapon skins could be made account wide?  Would be neat to have my xbox weapon skin on PC.  Its technically an xbox anyways 😛

14 minutes ago, SkittyM said:

Entirely obscure thing but if we merge our accounts, is it possible the console weapon skins could be made account wide?  Would be neat to have my xbox weapon skin on PC.  Its technically an xbox anyways 😛

Oh right! Our Xbox weapon skins and “Xbox One Founder” titles will be gone 😭😭 :,(

I really hope we can get the loyalty rewards stuff with what we’ve already spent on the game on consoles, I pretty much own almost everything from the Armas store and spent a ton on Joker boxes. Least to say I’ve probably spent at LEAST $2k on this game. 

I want to transfer my accounts already but fear I’d lose something on any of my characters, I’d want to wait until issues are fleshed out. 

Heya,

Will it be possible for console players to migrate their characters from NA Console servers to EU PC servers?

The population of EU servers on consoles gradually died out to the point where it became unplayable and so players from the EU region were forced to create new characters on the NA servers if they wanted to keep on playing. I am one of those players who made the switch to NA on console because of the issue with population on the EU servers. Also EU servers on the PC version of the game tend to be more populated in general especially during the day in the European timezones.

However now that migrating from Console servers to PC servers is a reality, it would really help me and other EU players out if we could migrate those characters to EU servers.

(It would really benefit my sleeping schedule 😉)

Thanks in advance for any additional info provided

1 hour ago, DeadlyHellhound said:

I want to transfer my accounts already but fear I’d lose something on any of my characters, I’d want to wait until issues are fleshed out.

i saw a guy on twitch already transfer it but idk if he lost something because he wasnt sayn much(had only 6k money and hes friend was jokin with him)

11 minutes ago, Calinde said:

Will it be possible for console players to migrate their characters from NA Console servers to EU PC servers?

they are workin on cross world matching so even if u transfer it to PC NA-still u gonna be able to play on EU districts in near future

Edited by TheMessiah

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

You can merge multiple console accounts down to a single PC account. We even raised the f2p cap on the PC account so that you can merge in more than the default 2 character slots. There are account theft / security issues involved in merging PC accounts which is why we dont current allow that.

I'd like to add more to my post if you're okay with this, this is more of a question others want to ask actually. What would happen if someone else already gotten my name for example over on PC? Will I be given a free name change or will they have to change their username if they took it after I did register it on console? A lot of people care about whatever dictionary name they have since that's basically part of their personality over there so they just want to keep it like that.

6 hours ago, MattScott said:

We tried to pull across as much as is technically feasible. These are still older systems on the backend, so there were a couple limitations. I honestly have no idea if the spending from console counts towards PC loyalty rewards at this point. I'm checking on that.

What if we provide transaction IDs for our G1C purchases? I've counted everything I've bought for APB and I have a rough estimate of 350$ that I've spent on the game, if anything what would that even give me when it comes down to Loyalty Rewards?

On 1/17/2024 at 10:55 PM, PlayoffPressure said:

Can anyone confirm if clothing items currently stored in the Mailbox transfer over?

My plan to migrate depends on whether these items along with my APB in-game money will flawlessly transfer over.

Any information is appreciated!

This is also a question that needs an answer since you might already know about the fact that some people like to keep their stuff inside their mailbox, for example symbols and clothing.

What if the player that wants to migrate from console to PC doesn't have a PC? Will that mark the end of their character or could there be some attempt by another team for at least not letting that happen?

This is pretty much all I have on my mind when it comes down to questions towards migrating accounts from console to PC.

Have a nice day 😁

Merged.

3 hours ago, apdnoo said:

I'd like to add more to my post if you're okay with this, this is more of a question others want to ask actually. What would happen if someone else already gotten my name for example over on PC? Will I be given a free name change or will they have to change their username if they took it after I did register it on console? A lot of people care about whatever dictionary name they have since that's basically part of their personality over there so they just want to keep it like that.

What if we provide transaction IDs for our G1C purchases? I've counted everything I've bought for APB and I have a rough estimate of 350$ that I've spent on the game, if anything what would that even give me when it comes down to Loyalty Rewards?

This is also a question that needs an answer since you might already know about the fact that some people like to keep their stuff inside their mailbox, for example symbols and clothing.

What if the player that wants to migrate from console to PC doesn't have a PC? Will that mark the end of their character or could there be some attempt by another team for at least not letting that happen?

This is pretty much all I have on my mind when it comes down to questions towards migrating accounts from console to PC.

Have a nice day 😁

Forgot to add this one last thing, will we still keep our accounts on Console to still play on or will they get deleted once they're migrated to PC