Sign in to follow this  
MrLek

What if the APB was sold?

1 - What is the possibility of a company buying the APB?
2 - Would the possibility increase if the APB closed?
3 -How much is the APB currently worth?

4 - How much would a company offer to buy the APB?
5 - What kind of company would buy APB these days?
6 - A large, medium or small company?

7 - Do you know companies open to buy games? quote.

8 - Why doesn't L.O put the APB up for sale? Since L.O is not able to keep it.

9 - What is your opinion about Little Orbit?

Sorry so many questions. The last:
10 - Excuse my ignorance, but would selling a game be "similar" to selling a football player, put a price and play on the market?

edit:

11 - Is it worth buying the APB?

Edited by MrLek

little orbit already sold it to an obscure chinese “developer” years ago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big company will not buy the game and keep tryn to upgrade it.Especially right now with 300 players population.Only LO can do somethin to it and nobody else at this point.Plus yea they sold the IP back in 2019(if dats true)

Edited by AlienTM

You people still won't listen. It's just a shell company that Matt uses for tax evasion and other reasons.

Kinda smart anyway, since taxation is theft.

2 hours ago, glaciers said:

little orbit already sold it to an obscure chinese “developer” years ago

Where does this "Chinese developer" fit in here?

Why does no one have more information about this "Chinese developer"?

Sorry for so many questions, it's because they say so many mixed things here on the forum, without foot or head and I just try to put the parts together to understand.

I've seen people talk a lot about this "Chinese developer", but what they basically say is this, that he bought the Ip. There is nothing else?

Please, if you know more information about this "Chinese developer" talk here and show the source of the information.
I don't mean to be rude here, but it turns out that this just seems like a fallacy to try to discredit the L.O.

Very little information and without any evidence, nobody shows anything truly compromising and with proofs.

edit: Frosi was supposed to have asked about this "Chinese developer" at the AMA.    :/

Edited by MrLek
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, BlatMan said:

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/8/29/message-from-matt

First Paragraph:

"In August, Little Orbit reached terms to sell the APB IP to a company in Hong Kong named Unit Game."

Here's Unit Game's website. It has no content except for the APB RTW trailer.

https://unitgame.com/index.html

Really, really weird. Now all the chips are down. Now it's all cleared up. Since 2019 and no news from "APB Mobile". 

Why didn't Frosi ask Matt Scott any of this at the AMA?

We had a chance to corner Matt Scott in the AMA, but it went down the drain.

Man... I really didn't know this stuff, I'm pretty pissed right now, the reality is APB is never going to get better with this company. Unless they change all the employees, including Matt Scott.

What is your opinion about the company Little Orbit?

Edited by MrLek
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MrLek said:

Matt's involvement ended when the sale was finalized. 
Probably a not a lot else he can give us.

It seems that the APB has its days numbered. This whole situation is sad. Now that some things have been clarified, I wish someone who understands more about the subject could answer my questions from the post.

7 hours ago, MrLek said:

Where does this "Chinese developer" fit in here?

Why does no one have more information about this "Chinese developer"?

Sorry for so many questions, it's because they say so many mixed things here on the forum, without foot or head and I just try to put the parts together to understand.

I've seen people talk a lot about this "Chinese developer", but what they basically say is this, that he bought the Ip. There is nothing else?

Please, if you know more information about this "Chinese developer" talk here and show the source of the information.
I don't mean to be rude here, but it turns out that this just seems like a fallacy to try to discredit the L.O.

Very little information and without any evidence, nobody shows anything truly compromising and with proofs.

edit: Frosi was supposed to have asked about this "Chinese developer" at the AMA.    :/

there's very little actual information on unit game (the chinese developer), we basically only have confirmation that the ip sale happened and some poorly made websites

9 hours ago, MrLek said:

1 - What is the possibility of a company buying the APB?
2 - Would the possibility increase if the APB closed?
3 -How much is the APB currently worth?

4 - How much would a company offer to buy the APB?
5 - What kind of company would buy APB these days?
6 - A large, medium or small company?

7 - Do you know companies open to buy games? quote.

8 - Why doesn't L.O put the APB up for sale? Since L.O is not able to keep it.

9 - What is your opinion about Little Orbit?

Sorry so many questions. The last:
10 - Excuse my ignorance, but would selling a game be "similar" to selling a football player, put a price and play on the market?

1. likely nonexistent - apb is no longer ahead of the tech game, it has poor user numbers, and comes with a massive amount of negative PR
  2. no
  3. less than two million usd
  4. see #3
  5. a company making poor business decisions
  6. does it matter?
  7. no, also weird question tbh
  8. they already did
  9. little orbit tried their hardest, but they jumped into the industry way over their heads
  10. probably not, my assumption is in the game industry just the fact that a company is selling a released game is likely a red flag - if the game was making money then you wouldn't get rid of it

9 minutes ago, MrLek said:

Really, really weird. Now all the chips are down. Now it's all cleared up. Since 2019 and no news from "APB Mobile". 

We had a chance to corner Matt Scott in the AMA, but it went down the drain.

it was an ama not a congressional hearing, no one is getting cornered 

realistically even if frosi got weirdly aggressive with unit game questions, mattscott talks for a living, an apb player isn't going to "gotcha" him on a zoom call

• Like 3

Man, how sad. What remains is to enjoy the moments until the game closes. A great game, but with a sad ending.

edit: From the analysis I did, the APB really has its days numbered. A few years ago, some people said the same thing, but now there really isn't a shred of hope.

Edited by MrLek

14 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

LO is just Gamers First with name change. Matt Scott is a fictional character.

Just a deepfaked image some AI generated during those AMA

apb was already sold several years ago to "Unite Game" (https://unitgame.com/index.html) which on its main page shows a video trailer that belongs to another youtube user that seems to have no relationship except the name "Unit Game" in the video player. and when you enter the source of the video you see this channel (https://www.youtube.com/@emiemika)

yeah, very professional by the guys from "Unit Game"

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xandra94 said:

apb was already sold several years ago to "Unite Game" (https://unitgame.com/index.html) which on its main page shows a video trailer that belongs to another youtube user that seems to have no relationship except the name "Unit Game" in the video player. and when you enter the source of the video you see this channel (https://www.youtube.com/@emiemika)

yeah, very professional by the guys from "Unit Game"

I like to think it is some rich chinese billionaire that bought the game because he loves it and is just waiting until APB dies completely before he jumps in after working in the background all these years.

But probably not.

• Like 1

Then the buyer got scammed big time.

Sign in to follow this