MattScott

An Open Letter from the APB community

Just now, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I've always been neutral about you.

That's, entirely untrue. But that isn't a thing to discuss here.

9 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

LO has already shown they are against movement in APB. Nerfing jump shooting, nerfing HVR (which was needed) but doing it through a stupid movement way, bloom modifier adjustments, etc.

G1 at least showed they were for movement, especially with increasing run speed and jump height as well as adjusting or adding mods that promote it.

Unfortunately, very true. Though tbf, I do think LO doesn't have any plan on how to make APB a better game as they lack the experience in managing a FPS game, thus they've relied on the members still actively playing the game (most of which do not know how to change APB for the better, as they're used to RNG-based mechanics that this game had since 2012 and never tried proper FPS/TPS games). To me, it seems like they're trying, but they lack proper input.

The regression of this game started with Qwentle's vision of APB in early APB days, making the game cattered towards the casual, beginner crowd. Since then, people have been desperately trying to make APB a competitive game when it was never one to begin with sadly (RTW and early G1 can be somewhat of an exception, as they had a few concepts right), even though it has major potential to take off in today's market. There's a huge lack of good FPS/TPS games and APB could fill in this void easily (even though it lacks modern features due to a very archaic engine)

I sincerely think it is not possible to make APB into something big without progressing into a new engine though, such as UE4.2-UE5 for example. UE2.5 is very archaic and I hope this "64-bit version is better!!" is just a phase to gain money, on the roadmap to make APB a better version. Hope Matt addresses some of the concerns on staying on this engine iteration, but porting it to 64bit.

Edited by yourrandomnobody74
  • Like 2

No new content means 

No gamers.

Removing old features means removing veterans .

Matchmaking basically inexistent, means no new players.

Ty for give us something new to read in forum.

Is the best periodic update.

25 minutes ago, Queen of Love said:

Matchmaking basically inexistent, means no new players.

Matchmaking with <300 average players worldwide just doesn't work my dude.

On 12/6/2022 at 3:07 AM, MattScott said:

Over the few years APB has received a couple of updates, new features such as a Trading System and a complete overhaul to its ingame report system

ingame report overhaul lol it never worked to begin with-and still doesn't

We have seen the introduction of three new Legendary guns as well as a regular shotgun sidearm

releasing guns isnt enough to satisify the community, didn't you learn this from g1?

we’ve seen a couple of balance patches, including a complete pass on vehicles and vehicle related mods as well as adjusting and balancing missions to make the general gameplay flow of APB better as a whole.

you didn't actually fix anything wrong with missions though, 1v1 vip is still a thing, you didn't try and balance some of the map locations that heavily favour the defending team, some missions still have ridiculous time on stages etc.

and for weapon balance patches....... just lmao

this really isnt a good way to start ur thread tbh

3 hours ago, ninjarrrr said:

ingame report overhaul lol it never worked to begin with-and still doesn't

releasing guns isnt enough to satisify the community, didn't you learn this from g1?

you didn't actually fix anything wrong with missions though, 1v1 vip is still a thing, you didn't try and balance some of the map locations that heavily favour the defending team, some missions still have ridiculous time on stages etc.

and for weapon balance patches....... just lmao

this really isnt a good way to start ur thread tbh

feels like your reading comprehension could use some work my guy, everything you quoted was written by the “community”, not matt 

• Like 2

On 12/7/2022 at 10:20 AM, CookiePuss said:

Makes sense to have it anonymous so people have to judge the content of the letter by itself without things like “Oh Player-X wrote this? They’re an idiot not even worth reading.”

On 12/7/2022 at 10:18 AM, GhosT said:

Because this community isn't absolutely toxic and spews hatred towards one another.

Adding names just does more harm than good. Same reason why everyone spams namechanges and new characters.

You'll be fuming knowing I was part of it.

jeez maybe LO could do some actual moderation to quell the hatred among players... nah lets just keep everything anonymous ezpz less headaches

• Thanks 1

On 12/7/2022 at 9:20 AM, CookiePuss said:

Makes sense to have it anonymous so people have to judge the content of the letter by itself without things like “Oh Player-X wrote this? They’re an idiot not even worth reading.”

if the names were on it, then we can see if its worth reading or not.

2 hours ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

if the names were on it, then we can see if its worth reading or not.

Luckily no one is forcing you to read it anyways.

1 hour ago, your-username-is-not-suitable said:

Remove consumables.

Nah, change them to mods with appropriately adjusted effects and cooldowns.

• Like 2

On 12/8/2022 at 5:01 PM, explosiveUA said:

Where is the promised server in Eastern Europe?)

Died in 2017. Judging by "UA" in ur name, i'm almost sure u know why. 

Lemme try to bring some positivity to the thread by saying, this is a good step in the right direction.  It's been...I am not sure how long but it's a step in the right direction regardless.

However,

I would argue its maybe too late for some.  Keyword there is "some" most here in the forums I am sure will keep haunting the game and the forums until they implode, like myself.  This being said, what are you going to focus first?  I would wager a guess the 64x system implementation?

20 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Nah, change them to mods with appropriately adjusted effects and cooldowns.

Get out of here with that perfectly fine idea.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nagletz said:

Died in 2017. Judging by "UA" in ur name, i'm almost sure u know why. 

I don't think war is the cause

8 minutes ago, explosiveUA said:

I don't think war is the cause

i dont think he was talking about the war in ukraine......

Dear Matt,

even though some of the community members have issues with the Anti cheat, I can understand your schedule conflict at the company. However what needs to happen in personal opinion, there needs to be more updates from you. Not just every few months but every month or at least every couple of weeks. There needs to be more GM activity in the districts keeping tabs on the potential "Cheaters" and toxic players in the community.  There also needs to be at least new content every month or so that is released even if it is just "small" I would even say as to go as far as getting rid of fight club and adding a new map with new missions into the game with more contacts while focusing on the upgrade. I understand it takes a lot of resources and time to do that. But the more content you put out will keep some players and newer players from getting bored and quit playing.  I know its a big difference but look at games such as like Call of duty or Fortnite there are a lot of cheaters in the games. However what keeps people playing new content is created every few months or so. Wanna get a little more in comparison? Look at Minecraft. Still going strong why? unlimited creation ideas. aka in a way new content  A lot of people have even still asked for a racing district. Also another suggestion there needs to be something more to "clans" in APB having a clan in the game is kind of pointless without anything to gain from it. I would say start posting monthly suggestions and ask like above what the player base wants.  It's kind of like reading a book over and over eventually it gets boring and you will want to read something else. 

"out with the old and in with the new" 

"Content is the key" 

Edited by USSVECTOR

1 hour ago, USSVECTOR said:

I understand it takes a lot of resources and time to do that.

i really don’t think you do lol

6 minutes ago, glaciers said:

i really don’t think you do lol

We are entitled to our own opinions my friend lol 

33 minutes ago, USSVECTOR said:

We are entitled to our own opinions my friend lol 

You just compared Minecraft and APB in the same sentence, as well as reminding us all "Content is Key"

You don't understand anything my guy.

1 hour ago, EerieEric said:

You just compared Minecraft and APB in the same sentence, as well as reminding us all "Content is Key"

You don't understand anything my guy.

I understand quite a bit actually, my point being is those games are all still active and are actively growing and I believe this to have the same potential.  Its rather sad to see a lot of people that don't think so. A lot might think I am silly to believe in such a thing however anything is possible. I know a lot of the older players even in the closed beta days who would be willing to come back if there were to be new content amongst other issues that were to be fixed

Edited by USSVECTOR

1 hour ago, USSVECTOR said:

I understand quite a bit actually, my point being is those games are all still active and are actively growing and I believe this to have the same potential.  Its rather sad to see a lot of people that don't think so. A lot might think I am silly to believe in such a thing however anything is possible. I know a lot of the older players even in the closed beta days who would be willing to come back if there were to be new content amongst other issues that were to be fixed

fortnite and minecraft are still active and actively growing in part because the underlying games are pretty solid (as well as multi-billion dollar company backers, but we can pretend that doesn't matter), CoD releases a new game every year and is primarily a console ip

asking for massive content additions while the fundamentals of apb remain broken is putting the cart way before the horse, as a beta veteran myself i have no interest in coming back for a new district or extra contacts if the same old problems of game performance, balance, moderation, poor monetization, etc are still around - just look at how badly Riot crashed and burned if you want an example of how fast the shiny new coat of content paint wears off

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, glaciers said:

as a beta veteran myself i have no interest in coming back for a new district or extra contacts if the same old problems of game performance, balance, moderation, poor monetization, etc are still around - just look at how badly Riot crashed and burned if you want an example of how fast the shiny new coat of content paint wears off

These are definitely some things that need to be corrected and could be in no time flat. You are right about what you stated above  and I am sure you got where I am going with my statements I suppose it is a little silly me comparing this to stuff like the other games. However we both know being old timers that when the game first came out was hot but was also ahead of its time. I still believe we can get that back and more if the cards are done right

Edited by USSVECTOR